Night Delinquent

By lonenia

Notorious for his sadistic measures, the Alpha of Bludwood pack has given up on finding his perfect mate. Sar... More

Chapter 1: A Grizzly Reunion
Chapter 2: Callahan Rosier
Chapter 4: Primal Instincts & Beastly Encounters
Chapter 5: The Howling Truth
Chapter 6: Blood Lineage
Chapter 7: Courted by The Devil
Chapter 8: Welcome to Bloodwood Creek
Chapter 9: Deirdre Lascelles
Chapter 10: Lessons About Heat
Chapter 11: Blood Price

Chapter 3: Unspoken Red Tension

2.3K 896 977
By lonenia

Night
Delinquent

Third person's POV

Heavy footsteps thudded, resulting in a line of soft creaks along the wooden tiles as a man stormed outside in an attempt to cool himself. Eventually they came into a halt on an empty front porch that created the much needed space while cold breeze soothed his boiling emotions. Cal was a huge mess. His feelings were fogged, because everything came tumbling down too fast. Happiness, pride, anxiety, disappointment, and anger swirled into one huge catastrophe. For the first time in his life, Callahan Rosier didn't know what to do — how to react. He simply felt crazy.

And the man himself was notorious for being crazy. So imagine a crazy person realizing how crazy he really was.

It was chaotic.

His two loyal companions followed him close by. They were unsure of his reactions. Scared their unpredictable Alpha would shut everything down, because once he did, another tragedy would suffice.

'Alpha, calm down. She's not rejecting you,' Carson communicated through the mind-link.

Members of a werewolf pack can communicate through this special bond called 'the mind-link'. It enables their minds to reach out towards other pack members whenever and wherever they might be.

'Did you not see her turning her back against me, Beta Carson?' Cal leaned onto a nearby wall. Long slender fingers were tracing his stubbled jawline. An old habit he picked up whenever he's pissed.

His lips let out a frustrated laugh. A laugh that was dripping in malicious venom. He was simply trying to mask his aching heart. 'I've searched my mate for years now — and once I found her, she turned her back on me. Tell me, Carson. How am I supposed to react?'

Carson knew his friend was a special case. Her wolf was pure blooded, since the Clemontes were known as the only werewolf family whose blood remained pure for the past three thousand years.

'She's twenty one for fucks sake. She hasn't gone through her transformation yet. How was she supposed to know, Cal?'

'Females are supposed to transform by the age of 20. Are you telling me my mate is a late bloomer, Beta Carson?' His voice changed into a harsher, more primal version of him whenever he thought someone was insulting his other half.

'I apologize for interrupting, Alpha,' Theo lowered his gaze. 'She's a Clemonte.'

That name alone was enough to subside his disappointment. It changed his perspective towards her. Everyone knew the Clemontes had a son who was going to be their next alpha after Gerard steps down.

But a daughter?

The Clemonte bloodline created sons, not daughters.

Now that's a surprise.

'How come I'm not aware of this?' His voice reverted back to its accented smooth baritone state. 'That doesn't explain why I can't smell her scent.'

'Their heirloom. The wolfsbane infused necklace. It hides her wolf,' Theo began to look up. Avoiding his alpha's dominating gaze. 'My friend will experience her transformation on her twenty second birthday. Which will be in less than a week from now.'

'To answer your first question, Alpha, the Clemontes have been hiding their identities from their daughter. They sent her away to Chicago when she was twelve to live with a distant relative,' Carson started.

And when Cal didn't say anything, Carson took it as a sign to continue.

'I just found out about her arrival a few days ago. She's not aware of our presence. What we are and the things our species are more than capable of inflicting. Brooke believes she's human. There's nothing we can do unless Alpha Gerard decides to-"

'Ah ah ah Beta Carson,' Cal's calculating eyes stopped at his beta which made him look down at his feet in mere seconds. 'Gamma Theodore,' the same thing happened to Theo as he too, lowered his eyes instinctively. 'How can both of you understand this situation like the back of your hand when you're not part of the Clemonte bloodline yourselves hmm? Which one of you would have the honor to enlighten me?'

A sinister smirk was tugging on the corner of his lips. He caught them off guard, similar to a cat that pounced on a mouse.

"Alpha Callahan," a familiar voice saved those two men from a certain Alpha's wrath.

Cal didn't need to turn around to see the owner of the voice. He knew exactly who it belonged to.

"Luna Astrid," his devilish smirk instantly switched into a smug half smile. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Mind if I have a word?" Her eyes shot them a pointed look. "Alone?"

———

Brooke's POV

Our assigned cabin was one of the furthest from the main lodge. Dad asked for privacy, so they granted his wish.

"Why do I have to come? Ugh- it's not fair," I slumped into the airy white couch. "Kassion gets to stay, so why can't I?"

Kassion Clemonte was my older brother. Yes, he was the best brother anyone could've asked for, but all brothers were dickheads at one point.

"He's busy with . . . Work and you know that. He's learning to continue my position as an executive of the company," dad replied. Examining some furnitures that served a rustic touch for our temporary abode.

"Look, honey," he gingerly sat on another couch right across mine. "These days are dangerous. We're sorry for keeping all this from you- but I promise, we'll tell you everything soon."

"Tell me what, dad? Ever since I got back here, you and mom are speaking in riddles. Guess what? I'm not Batman. You're not the Riddler — and my brain can't comprehend riddles."

He went silent. Probably in a loss of words.

Deciding to end this conversation, I grabbed my handbag and headed outside. Alex texted the location of their cabin. It was the next cabin on our right. Around half a mile from here. Honestly, the condition wasn't that much of a difference from Montana. We were practically in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by thick forests. A single forest trail served as a guide for every cabin included in the property.

As I was walking, my ears heard laughter coming from up front. Curious, I fasten my pace to see who it was. There were two gingers walking towards my direction. A guy and a girl. The guy looked strangely familiar.

Luckily, they didn't seem to notice me yet. I began to turn around, preparing myself to walk back to the direction of my cabin when a high pitched voice stopped me from doing so.

"You!" She lightly jogged. "Yes! You!"

Sighing in defeat, I realized I couldn't escape. Putting on my best smile, I turned around to face the younger girl. She stood a couple of inches shorter than me with her shaggy bob haircut and pale green eyes. Her porcelain white skin made her fiery hair stand out even more.

"Hello, have we met?" I didn't know what else to do other than smiling.

"I'm Rachel," she extended her hand eagerly. "And no, we've never met."

Odd.

"Oh uhm, I'm Brooke," I sheepishly shook her hand only for the sake of not leaving her hanging.

"I know how weird this sounds, but my brother has been babbling non stop about you because he thinks you're pretty and hot and-"

"That's enough, sis," a bigger hand clamped over Rachel's mouth, forcing her to shut up.

My eyes shot up to meet the same pale green shade from earlier this morning. I believed Carson mentioned his name. If I'm not mistaken, his name was Max.

"I apologize for her recklessness. She's too bold for her own good," he smiled before leaning down to whisper something to Rachel.

"You got this, bro," she patted her brother on the shoulder and turned to me. "It was lovely meeting you, Brooke. I'm needed elsewhere. My brother's right. You're so damn attractive, I'll definitely date you if I'm not straight," then out of nowhere, proceeded to envelope me into a hug.

What just happened?

Rachel walked away, leaving the both of us in a sea of awkwardness. Talking to a random stranger wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but I got stuck with one. A cute one at that.

Max stood around Carson's height with an athletic built. He was definitely leaner than the guys with just the right amount of muscles.

"This is awkward, isn't it?" He scratched the back of his head. Eyes focusing on the ground.

"Definitely," I cracked up a little which made him look up. "I'm Brooke."

"Maximillian Sawyers. But Max is fine," he extended his hand. "Don't worry, I'm not a hugger."

"I know," I accepted his hand gingerly. "A friend told me your name this morning. I believe we saw each other earlier."

"You remembered," his face turned a shade darker which made him look even cuter. "Are you heading somewhere? I'll be more than happy to escort you there."

"Are you sure? Your sister's-"

He held his hand up. "I'm free at the moment."

"Fine, if you insist."

We walked in silence towards the guys' cabin. Occasionally, I could feel his gaze on me. When I peered at him, he would always avert his eyes elsewhere. A cute guy accompanied me on my morning walk. Turning me into a nervous wreck.

The serene woodlands helped in calming my nerves. Tall trees with high canopies gave us the perfect amount of shade from the blazing sun. Birds were chirping beautifully, complimenting the lovely blueness of morning sky. Everything was perfect until he came to a sudden halt.

"Everything okay?" I glanced at him. His boyish face turned dead serious as he sniffed the air.

"Huh?" His pale green irises met my icy blue ones. Instantly, Max softened his gaze. "Yeah, everything's fine."

"BEE!" Out of nowhere, Carson barked. "What took you so long?"

"Wait, you're going to their cabin?" Max's voice sounded concerned.

"You brought a friend," Carson finally caught up to us with a displeased look on his face. "Ah. I see you've met . . . Max."

"Yeah," I shrugged, walking off to Carson's side. "Thank you for escorting me. Would you like to join us for-"

"No, that won't be necessary," Carson's harsh tone cut me off mid sentences. It was directed towards Max.

The tension between these two were quite severe. Both were glaring daggers towards each other until I pulled Carson's arm to break it off. After reassuring Max that Carson was a dear friend of mine, he left warily.

Carson kept on mumbling angrily whilst leading me to their cabin. The cabin looked momentarily empty except for Alex who was chilling on the front porch holding a bottle of cold beer in one hand.

"You don't have to be so rude. Max seems like a decent guy. Y'all know how nobody has the balls to approach me like that," I grumbled before taking a seat on an outdoor swing chair which earned me an arched brow from Alex.

"Don't tell me it's Max Sawyers," he looked at Carson expectantly.

"Out of all people," came his reply.

I closed my eyes as the two began to argue about a particular redhead from earlier. Last night, I didn't get much of a shut eye. The road was too bumpy for my liking.

The cool breeze blew my hair softly, lulling me to sleep and in the end, I gave in to the calming darkness yearned by most.

———

Thanks for reading! Hope you like it as much as I do ❤️❤️❤️

So, are you liking it so far?

Don't forget to leave a vote ⭐️ and do comment fellas!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 45.1K 38
Moving back to a hometown she had left before she could even remember it was never supposed to be a big deal. But for Sara Bryant, everything is abou...
466K 15.1K 66
Kimberly Wright is a young neurosurgeon engaged to Ian Gareth, a naval officer. They decide to take a trip to the woods with their friends and the un...
383K 7.6K 45
He was gigantic. The 7'0 monster of a man towered over her, even though he was sitting. Bright cyan eyes gazed down at her unreadably. He gestured w...
25.1K 2.6K 31
This book contains spoilers for all other books in The Regal Eclipse Pack Series. I highly recommend reading those books first. Kyra Remington is in...