๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„๐‘๐“๐˜ | (Under C...

By mtclouds

ยฐแญ„เฟ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿช | ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๏ฟฝ... More

๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„๐‘๐“๐˜
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐”–๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข
00 | ๐”„ ๐”ญ๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ฐ๐”ข
02 | ๐”–๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ญ๐”ฅ๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ข
03 | โ„‘๐”ซ๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ข
04 | ๐”…๐”ฒ๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฃ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ข๐”ฐ
05 | ๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”Ÿ๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ช๐”ฐ
06 | ๐”‡๐”ข๐”ข๐”ญ ๐”ฆ๐”ซ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐”ด๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฉ๐”ก
07 | ๐”„๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ, ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ, ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ
08 | ๐”–๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ข๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ฏ
09 | โ„Œ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ซ
10 | ๐”˜๐”ญ ๐”ฆ๐”ซ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ฏ ๐ผ
11 | ๐”˜๐”ญ ๐”ฆ๐”ซ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ฏ ๐ผ๐ผ
12 | ๐”…๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ฆ๐”ซ'
13 | โ„‘๐”ฑ'๐”ฐ ๐”ง๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ก๐”ž๐”ถ๐”ฐ
14 | ๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ข
15 | ๐”–๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ญ๐”ญ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ค ๐”ฌ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ
16 | ๐”—๐”ข๐”ž ๐”ญ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฑ๐”ถ
17 | ๐”š๐”ข ๐”ค๐”ฌ๐”ฑ ๐”ฐ๐”ญ๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ!
18 | ๐”—๐”ฌ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐‘ฐ
19 | ๐”—๐”ฌ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ
20 | ๐”—๐”ฌ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty chp]
[empty]

01 | ๐”‰๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ก๐”ž๐”ถ

622 26 3
By mtclouds

01 | 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶 -
SEPTEMBER 12TH, 1989

     "WHY are you cheesing so damn hard?" A feminine voice asks from behind.

My smile grew wider, relishing in mother nature's beauty as I walked ahead of the twins. Beneath the huge tree it swayed its green leaves through the warm September wind catching my attention and reaching up to pluck one.

"Because," I turned to Penelope looking at me weirdly, her hands slid into the pockets of her pants as she continued at a normal pace beside her sister. "It's our first day of school and I'm excited, aren't you?'' I said obviously, mindlessly walking backwards with caution.

As I was twirling the leaf between my finger and thumb enjoying its pretty viridescent color in the sunlight. I noticed her coming closer, taking the leaf from my fingers, chuckling "I am, but it's just school." She says in thought, "I mean...I look forward to making friends, but other than that..." her shoulders shrug, looking at the leaf for a second before glancing at me and slides the leaf down my face playfully. 

"I'm more happy to be finally out of that damn house." With that she allows the wind to take the leaf away before walking ahead of us. I observed as it floated in the wind for a moment, doing a little twirl of its own before landing on the street somewhere for a car to run it over. 

I hummed in thought, I couldn't disagree with her even if the truth was in the pudding. That house was a nightmare, a place none of us wanted to go back to. Deep down I wondered if we made the right choice or if this was a grave mistake.

"How do you think dad feels?"

There was a moment of silence between us, our eyes wandering at the stores on our right side, examining the little plaza known as Eden's town square held small shops, diners, beauty supply store, hair and nail salons and other things.

We haven't had the chance to explore outside of the plaza, but so far everything seemed nice, we were all warming up to the area but someone in particular was having a hard time getting used to the environment and the fact that we were far away from what we used to call 'home'.

Penelope looked ahead with grimace at the thought. We could all imagine what he was doing right now. What he might be thinking or feeling. 

I didn’t wish to dwell on it but knowing Rosa, it haunted her to the core, mainly because she was scared. "Probably five cigarettes and two beer bottles in, pissing in his damn chair right about now." She murmurs, holding two fingers up.

Rosa hummed looking over at the bustling main road, blaring cars and yelling for drivers to move sounded similar to a lively rock band blaring its music through a pair of speakers of a night bar. 

The noise felt chaotic, yet she chose to ignore it and looked at the back of her head. "I'm worried about him..." she confessed, brushing away a few strands behind her ear, surprised that she settled with a bun but understands she didn't want to deal with it today. Not minding that a few strands were left out.

She was dressed like her sister wearing a plain white tee with a gold rose pendant resting right above their chests. From below she wore dark blue jeans, black converse with a couple of rings on both hands.

I, on the other hand, decided to fluff my afro a bit, did my edges and left a braid on either side with a wooden bead on either one. I usually like to dress somewhat similar to the girls, choosing to wear an all-dark jean fit with a white tee and black converse. 

I wore the same gold rose pendant, gold hoop earrings and a thin gold link bracelet that had a charm with the letter L engraved on it.

"Mmm," Penelope hums, fixing the backpack strap hung over her left shoulder. "I don't care." She states with a one-sided shrug, clearly unbothered.

"I knew you'd say that." Rosa scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Cause it's the truth, I don't."

"But you're not even a little worried?"

Penny huffs, "No, Rosa, I'm not."

"Why is that? Has your heart gone that cold that you can't even feel sorry for him?"

"Let's not even go there." Penny declines, gazing back at her, "That man treated us like shit and you think I care? The fact that you're so concerned for that man, concerns me." 

We continued walking till we got to the stoplight waiting patiently for it to change. Penny didn't want to speak on the conversation as it was an irrelevant topic but Rosa kept poking.

"Well, he's my dad, Penelope, what do you expect? We're family."

Penelope nearly laughed, humorlessly shaking her head. "He's not my family." She says, "I wouldn't claim that man even if my life depended on it."

Rosa frowned at the way she said it so heartlessly. Part of her understood Penny's disdain for their father, considering everything he did to them一 especially Rosa, and knowing they never got along with each other一 but she wished Penny wasn't so emotionally disconnected from him.

He was still her father whether she liked it or not and showing just a little sympathy wouldn't hurt anyone. "Look, had we stayed any longer in that damn house we would've been driven to insanity. Understand Rosa, you do realize had we stayed in that house we wouldn't have been given the chance to go to school? He would have prepared us for marriage, like he's always have been, arranging our whole future just so he could get lucky with rich man money?"

"I mean...I guess but...what if he would have changed his mind? Then what?"

Penny scoffed looking at her in shock, "You have too much faith in that man, Rosalie." She said disappointingly.

"Think about it, Penelope, had dad found out about mom leaving him because we weren't going to school you think he would've changed his mind just so he wouldn't lose us? You don't think he would've made an effort?"

"No, not even the slightest. He's not that easy."

Rosa huffs, her hands closing in fits as she walks a little faster ahead of me. "Hey, Rosa, don't 一" I try, but she persists.

"What if he tries to find us?"

"He won't." Penelope pressed.

"But what if he does? Then what are we gonna do? Drive another 17 hours into hiding till he stops searching?" Rosa asks apprehensively, looking at the side of her sister's stone cold face to notice how her patience was starting to wear thin, "you know how crazy dad is! He will try any and everything in his power to ruin this opportunity for us. You remember that one time when mama tried to put us in ballet classes and Daddy nearly flipped his lid? ー canceled our membership and cussed mama out for not even considering consulting with him first?"

Penelope suddenly deadpans at her, remembering that day was as clear as water. She had a terrible temper tantrum that morning all because she didn't want to go to ballet classes like Rosa did. 

Although she saw her sister enjoy it and was happy, that was fine with her but Rosa wanted nothing to do with it.

They only went to five classes before Richard pulled them out of it. The twins could recall when they piled into that car, all they heard was their parents cussing each other out back and forth non stop till they got to the house. I felt so bad.

"He's not going to find us." She swears.

"How can you be so sure of that?" She asked, stopping in her tracks. "How do you know he's not gonna come looking for us when we least expect it? How do you know I'd he won't try to一"

Penelope slows down her pace. She stood there for a good second before turning towards her sister with an annoyed glare and walking closer.

Rosa was gentle, innocent, very innocent and they understood that. She could be manipulated and used easily cause of her kindness, she's fragile and doesn't know how to stand up for herself. 

Somethings it was hard for her to understand or accept 一 but most times they wished she wasn't so naive all the time. 

By her being the baby out of the three, there was only so much they could shield her away from. Growing up it was always hard to protect her. Penelope cared for her sister deeply, her pure essence was Penelope's motivation to keep her safe and sound at all times, even if that meant taking a sacrifice.

Penny placed her hands on Rosa's shoulders, leaned in with a deep longing gaze in her eyes and said, "he can no longer reach you, Rosie. There's nothing to be scared of anymore, you can be yourself. Do what makes you happy. Stop worrying over him." Rosa felt small gulping down the words that wanted to come pouring out, but like the dainty, submissive person she was, she listened very attentively. 

"If he ever dares show his face around here, I'm gonna be the last person he sees" She swears looking between her eyes, "i'm not gonna let him get to you. I can't afford that, you understand me?" We knew Penny was telling the truth but for some reason her eyes kept searching otherwise. 

Her mind and body said this was wrong, trying to go into hiding knowing their dad will go searching to the ends of the earth to find them seemed impossible. But mom wouldn't allow that to happen and Penny sure as hell wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

And so, Rosa nodded in acceptance taking in her sister's embrace to feel her arm wrap around her shoulders and pull her in for a kiss on the head.

Penelope Sighed, her gaze softening as she led us down the street. "Everything is going to be alright, okay?"

"Yeah, okay..."

Penelope challenged Rosa to a race in hopes to get her mind off things. Although I saw her efforts in trying to bring a smile on her face, I could see she was bothered by it herself. 

The last thing Penny, or any of us wanted was for Rosa to feel like she needed to be on high alerts. This was Rosa's chance to enjoy herself, make friends 一 broaden her horizons, because she deserves that, they all do.

They ran down the sidewalk giggling at one another till they reached the school grounds. They both looked back quickly noticing how far I was from where they stood, flailing their arms for me to hurry up. Penny shouts out, “hurry up!”

I huffed tiredly, rolling my eyes at her impatience, "I'm coming!" I called back. 

"You're such a slow poke!" Rosa laughs.

I slowed down my steps once I get closer. My hands on my hips, I look down at the ground trying to concentrate on my breathing. "Okay, okay...I'm here." 

Being athletic wasn't my strongest suit, from time to time I did yoga or some type of stretching exercises to get herself going but as far as the heavy duty stuff? It wasn't for me.

"Jesus, I hate running." 

"Tch, you only hate it because you don't like sweating or anything remotely dealing with exercising." Smirked Penelope.

"Because it's tiring!" I whined loudly, hunched over with my hands on my knees. I ignored the girls laughing at me to hear how my heart beated in my chest, it practically pounded through my ribcage like a hammer. "It drains my energy entirely."

It was perfect timing to hang out in the girl's restroom till the halls were full of students. Penelope stood by the door guarding it once she was done getting herself fixed up.

I had taken a napkin to wipe the excess sweat off Rosa's face she created from the run. Throwing away the used napkins in the trash I go over to fix her bun and fold the hems of her pants up the way she likes. 

After giving her the okay, I viewed myself in the mirror and reapplied my favorite brown lip gloss, removing any excess substance outside of my lips to then tease my hair some more and turn to the girls with a small smile asking,"Do I look okay?"

Penelope hums with a nod, Rosa's eyes squinted as she smiles in approval telling her, "you look beautiful, as usual!"

"Good, cause that's what I was going for." I stated confidently rubbing my hands down my thighs slowly to get rid of the nerves that were brewing.

The sound of the students talking, walking or getting to their lockers could be heard from behind the door, it boomed through the halls loudly sending all three of them to look at each other. 

"Jesus help us." Rosa said nervously. 

I nodded in agreement feeling overwhelmed suddenly. I watched as Penelope unlocked the door, "Okay, let's do this." She leads them out of the bathroom watching as everyone was scattered around yet crowded them everywhere they went.

Getting to the office to get their papers that include their locker number, class schedule and a lock, was an easy breeze through. The three of them thanked the secretary for her help before exiting out with their stuff. 

Standing in front of the office together they looked at each other's schedules. Since the twins were freshmen, their schedule was a little different from mine since I was a senior. They had a couple of classes together and study hall with me. 

We equally said our  goodbyes, parting ways with one another from the opposite direction.

"You look scared, you alright?" Penelope chuckles at the view of Rosa's face. How her eyes were staring ahead with this look of pure fear amused Penny.

Rosa was very introverted opposed to her twin who loved the attention and feeling of being a social butterfly. For Rosa it was hard to open up to people. 

"That's because I am!" Hissed Rosa, suddenly feeling weird by everyone, as if their eyes were staring at her.

"Oooh, goodness," Penelope drags, giving her an amused eye roll.

"I have to meet people, Penny! I have to socialize for Christ's sake! What if i end up tripping over my own two feet and then everyone starts laughing at me because my pants had somehow showed my butt crack in the middle of the classー"

"Oh my goodness, Rosa, you think of the worst things, don't you?" Penny asks jokingly. "Don't go around embarrassing yourself, alright? You know how you get when you're overwhelmed."

"I can't exactly guarantee my success of making friends on the first day!" Rosa murmured giving her a glare.

"Well, I pray today will be smooth sailing for you, or...for any of us in the matter." She glances at her sister who walked slowly with her arms crossed over her chest eyeing at whoever passed by in defense.

Penny sighs, taking a hold of Rosa's upper arm to pull her to the side, grabbing her attention. "Hey, if anything happens and I mean anything, if you feel your heart beating faster than normal, getting sweaty, anxious...just count to 10 or even 20, slowly, alright? Breath in and out, just like I taught you, yeah?"

Rosa sighs, letting her arms down and shakes her hands with a nod, "yeah, I know一 I got it."

"Okay, good." She said, giving her a kiss on the cheek before walking backwards towards the stairs. "I'll see you in math class alright?" 

Rosa gives her thumbs up saying "yeah, I'll see ya then." before watching her disappear and walk down the hall.

So far everything was going smoothly. She met a few people in her first two classes, had some gawking at her without bashing an eyelid 一 no doubt reactions like that would make any feel weirded out but didn't mind it...for now.

Her teachers were pretty cool, respectful and didn't seem too strict一 well except one. Mr. Harrison, her American history teacher, seemed a little more willing to give these kids the harshier side of teaching.

He isn't afraid to speak his mind either. Liberty wasn't sure if it was just her or her thick skin but by her being a fellow black person, she was used to it. 

Other than that everyone was chill. 

Her hand grips and turns the doorknob to her English class revealing a tall lanky red headed woman standing behind a dark wooden desk with a clipboard in her hand and a red pen in the other as she checked off each name on her list. 

Her voice was smooth, sweet and enthusiastic as she called each student by alphabetical order to announce their presence. The woman looked fairly young, maybe in her 30s, 5 '8, brunette hair was in an up-do and wore round glasses that sat perked on her nose on her beautiful triangular face, she wore a yellow polka dot sundress with black heels that clicked every time she walked around. 

Liberty stood by the door, eyes slowly drifting away from the woman to the rest of the class who were busy doing their own thing yet called out whenever they heard their name. One thing Liberty has noticed during her time here is this school was predominantly filled with white people.

The blacks, hispanics/latinos, native americans and asians were a minority that sometimes if not all the time stuck to their own kind. Liberty could only assume this was happening due to stereotypes, racial bias, and ethnic diversity.

To say it didn't concern her would be a lie.

"Ahh, you must be the new student!" Her eyes snapped over Mrs. Diane's gentle smile. Her hand motioning for her to come closer, Liberty obliges standing before her desk with a yellow slip in hand to give her.

Mrs. Diane mouthed the words out loud as she read the slip, writing down her signature before greeting her with a wide smile. "Welcome to Eden High, Liberty. I'm sure you're enjoying yourself as much as possible!" She expressed giving a firm nod before turning to the class and clapping her hands for their attention. "Attention class!"

"Oh great, here comes the spotlight." Liberty thought, mentally rolling her eyes.

"We have a new student here with us by the name of Liberty Honey. You know the drill...treat her with kindness, give her a warm welcome and show her some respect. " Mrs. Diane called out, giving each of them a warning glare before displaying a smile in her direction, making everyone's heads turn towards her. 

Liberty's brows twitched downward at how they were in union. Her eyes examined everyone weirdly, most of the boys were looking at her up and down, sizing her up as if she was their favorite midnight snack, clearly lookin tasty.

And the girls . . . Well, they didn't seem so nice. Liberty saw some mixed emotions but wasn't phased by any of them. 

Nonetheless she gave a small smile and a little wave before their attention was back on the teacher. "Don't be a bunch of asshats, okay? Or else I'll deal with you myself. Do I make myself clear?"

Everyone chimed an "okay" while others choired "Crystal." quickly with some understanding.

"Clear as water, teach!" A black haired boy called out from the back seated in his chair leaned back on its back legs with his feet crossed over each other. 

He was dressed in edgy black clothing, snake bite piercing and tattoos on his arms. His large hands were bound together behind his head giving the class a dazzling smirk hearing them snicker and giggle at his silliness. 

"Enough out of you, Mr. Bell! One more time and you'll be sent to the office!" Diane gives him a glare glancing over Liberty and instructs her to sit somewhere. 

Liberty walked in between a few aisles by the window to her chosen seat. She placed her bag at the side of her desk and pulled the things she needed out of her bag.

"Well, aren't you a cutie?" Someone murmured from behind, hearing some snickering and shuffling going on behind her.

She suddenly felt someone's presence near her right shoulder, a hint of mint could be smelled as their breath hit the side of her neck to whisper, "you should let me get your number. Maybe I could take you out some time?" Liberty looked in the corner of her eye feeling anything but amusingly flattered. 

He noticed how she sat there in consideration, her body turning to give the blonde cutie a smile. She shook her head at the boy's attempt.

The buzz cut, pink plump lips and chocolate eyes all belonged on a slender face with a sharp jawline. He was handsome, no doubt, but she wasn't interested. 

"Hm, how cute." She purrs, lips pouty. noticing the lust in his eyes rise from anticipation. The way they glossed over her pretty little face to the bust of her chest. Out of excitement, his bottom lip was caught between his teeth. Feeling her delicate fingers fiddled with the chain settled around his neck. She was completely enamored by his confidence and loved the straightforwardness but she wasn't as easily persuaded. "Nice try, but I ain't interested."

All the guys' mouths dropped in shock. Almost as if they've never been told no from a girl before. She gives them a charming smirk and flirtatious wink, satisifted by the perplexed look on their faces as she turns around to face the front of the class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 7.7K 87
A broken marriage. A new job. She works as a Personal Assistant on the ForNoah Youtube channel. Noah is on the autistic spectrum and she fixes things...
290 58 56
โ Could we have saved them? โž โ Perhaps. If the gods had willed it differently. โž โ And yet here we are..." โž ...
828 33 22
๐™„๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™จ [๐™”/๐™‰] ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ง๐™š๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ช๐™ข๐™–๐™จ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ. ๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฉ๐™˜๐™ ๐™– ๐™—๐™ง...
61.9K 1.7K 40
"Roslyn i've always had my eyes on you since day one." Riley says pining me down "Give me the chance to show you that I love you." He says leaving lo...