Touched by his soul

By Rivernugget

Her life changed after that quiet buzz of her phone. Or... Betty is a typical teenage girl, with a little too... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Epilogue

Chapter fifteen

5.3K 189 63
By Rivernugget

When Jughead woke up the next morning, it was with a huge smile on his face. Sun was obviously high in the sky already when he opened his eyes, and Betty had obviously not been gone for long judging from the warm spot next to him. He waited, reliving all the kisses from the previous night, and grinning like an idiot.

Betty got there soon enough, quietly climbing inside, smiling as well, seeing he was up. She ignored the eye contact, zipping closed the insect net of the tent, but leaving the outer part opened. Then she made Jughead pull his body towards the right while she climbed into his sleeping bag, having shared it, the other one thrown over them for extra warmth.

When her head was settled on his biceps, she finally smiled up at him, looking into his deep ocean eyes. "Hi," she said quietly.

"Hey there," he smirked, making both of them chuckle as she leaned up, giving his mouth a soft kiss. "Where were you?" he asked between the long warm kisses.

"Peeing," she said, making him laugh and her smile.

"I wonder how girls pee in the woods," he smirked, gripping her waist to pull her on top of him, making her squeal.

"Squatting," she said, her legs loosely around him. "Stop talking." Her lips took his again. Jug didn't answer, letting her tongue slip into his mouth, exploring it. Neither of them had much experience on dating or kissing, but it felt good, so they just kept moving their tongues in a circular motion together, lips doing the same, teeth sometimes clinking together, making them laugh.

"What took you so long?" Archie asked.

"Good morning to you too," Jug smiled, heading towards the food bag, planning to make some sandwiches for his breakfast.

"We brought eggs; can't we just make them?" Veronica asked with a frown.

"Egg will be a good topping to my sandwich, yes," Jughead agreed.

"V, you wanna help me?" Betty asked, coming from their tent now as well, wearing comfortable light blue terry cloth shorts and Jughead's flannel, tied up, leaving her bellybutton seen.

"Wow girl," Veronica said, observing her body. "Why do you keep wearing all those t-shirts if you have a body like that?"

The blonde sighed, getting a bit uncomfortable, but able to hold back the want to wrap her arms around herself. "Get something to cook them on?"

"Sure," Ronnie said, walking towards the car about a thousand feet away. Betty headed to get the eggs from where Jughead was getting his sandwiches done and smirked at him, seeing the love on his face when he put an extra layer of cheese on it.

"Eggs?" she asked him. Jug pulled the carton box out of the bag, smiling at her as she accepted them and kissing her temple tenderly. "Do we have like salt and pepper?" she asked.

"Yeah, but wait, I just need the salt for my sandwich at first."

"You're cute," she breathed, making him grin.

"Juggie?" Betty asked, looking back at the guy who was slowly following her. "Jug," she whined, stretching her hand out for him. "You said you wanted to come with me." The boy had told her about this beautiful sight a few miles away and she had immediately wanted to go and see it. Only that now, Jughead kept staying behind when she wanted to go faster through the fresh woods. "Can you hurry up?"

"Do you even know how hard it is to concentrate when you look like that?" he accused, stopping next to her with a frown on his face.

"Look like what?" Betty asked, unconsciously lifting her shoulders up a little.

"Beautiful," he sighed, his hands moving onto her bare waist. He looked down at her hips while Betty was busy blushing, and moved his thumbs over her warm and smooth skin. I want to touch you.

"Can we move on?" the girl murmured, feeling shy.

"Your ass looks hot in these shorts," he added, only to see her blush even brighter than before. Betty grabbed his hand, pulling him hopefully the right way, stomping her feet louder than before. "I'm serious, Betts, you—"

"I get it, you think I'm hot. Now come on," she said, unable to make him move fast, even her hands smaller than his, not even talking about the difference in their height and weight.

The boy kept standing and frowning, making the girl huff in front of him. "You're uncomfortable when I call you beautiful?" he asked carefully.

"No," she sighed, dropping her forehead down against his chest. "I just really want to go to that place and then go swimming in the lake before Veronica and Archie are already done with the water and having sex again."

Jug chuckled at that, wrapping his safe arms around her. "So you're not uncomfortable?" he asked quietly.

"No," she whispered.

"You sure?"

Betty nodded against his chest, making him smile as he kissed her head. "You're beautiful."

"Archiekins, look," Veronica whispered, pointing at the two teenagers on the other side of the bonfire, making out.

The redhead's eyes grew wide, a shocked chuckle escaping his lips, staring at the two, Betty smiling into some of the kisses. "Is that like Jughead's first girlfriend?" he whispered back.

"Hasn't he had a few already?" Veronica frowned. "I remember Kathy..."

"I don't think they were ever like this."

"Just because he didn't have those heart eyes for her that he has for Betty doesn't mean they weren't a thing for a few months... They probably had sex like every day."

"Well, she was pretty hot," the redhead concluded, earning an arm slap from Veronica. "Nobody competes with you, babe."

"Maybe we should give them some privacy?" Ronnie wondered out aloud. "Do yu think it's their first kiss?"

"Nah. They could've been hiding it for a while now... Or at least... You know yesterday morning. When she wore his shirt. Maybe you insisting on staying with me in the tent earned them a relationship?"

"God, I hope so," the raven-haired girl beamed, loving the fact she could've been the reason they finally kissed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Jug asked, holding Betty's hand, both of their bags thrown over his shoulders while walking towards her front door slowly.

"Mhmm, the drive-in, right?" she smiled, still happy and excited that the boy had asked her out on their first date.

"We're going to the drive-in, but I'm picking you up," he said.

"Okay," the blonde giggled, stopping in front of the door, facing him now. She raised on her tiptoes, cupping his face gently while kissing him, and then lowered herself back onto her heels when pulling away. "Night," she whispered, leaving a soft warm kiss onto his cheek and accepting her bag.

"Goodnight."

"I'm scared to go to school, Jug," Betty murmured, snuggling on his bed in the trailer, his hand playing with her hair quietly.

"It's gonna be okay," he insisted, knowing how nervous she must've been. New school, new people. At least this time she had Archie and Veronica there, who had become her friends with the month she had spent in Riverdale.

It was 6th of August now. They had gone on exactly two dates, enjoying each other's company a lot more than would be healthy, really attached to each other. The school was starting tomorrow, Jughead going to Southside high, while Betty was going to attend Riverdale High as most of the kids on the Northside.

"I'll pick you up after school," he promised. "My classes start 15 minutes earlier, so they end like that as well. I'll come with my bike."

"You said whenever you go there after school to go to Pop's with V and Arch, everyone stares at you," she said, eyebrows raised up questioningly. "Aren't you uncomfortable?"

Jug shrugged. "I'm used to it. Being the son of the Serpent leader isn't really a joy, but..." he shrugged, "At least on the Southside everybody respects me. And you too, really. Your mom has always been on top, somehow."

Betty sighed, biting her inner lip at that. She had had this question in mind for weeks already but hadn't dared to ask. "Do you know if..." she trailed off when the boy's eyes met hers. "If she and your dad... like ever... had something between them?"

Jughead chuckled. "My dad with your mom? Nah. Hard to believe."

"Why? I mean... Yes, she's a control freak and he was an alcoholic, but... They weren't like that when they were young. He was probably a big womanizer. I mean, you would be too, but you're too tied to drawing and writing and your beanie, so you're just weird."

"Hey," he protested, the girl already giggling before he tickled her side for a moment. "I'm not the only weirdo here."

"No, you're not," she agreed, giving him a soft kiss before placing her head back onto his chest over his heart where it belonged. "Still... My mom has had something happened to her; I think. I've always thought about that. Her parents aren't controlling. So I've always wondered what it was that made her like that..."

"Maybe having kids?" Jughead guessed. "I mean, you've told me you don't think your parents really ever loved each other much. Maybe she just got pregnant with your brother very young, which she did. So she was forced to be with your dad, because they were tied together with a child now... I don't know, Betts."

"Maybe she actually loved your dad but went with mine because of the baby?" Betty asked with huge eyes, looking up at him.

"Don't think about that now," he sighed, kissing her forehead. "They're just friends, baby."

(At the very same time, Alice and FP were spending time in her bedroom back at the Cooper house.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 117 40
After break-up, Jughead and Betty managed to be friends for entire year, having calls and texts, sharing things about their lifes in university. Jugh...
48.2K 1.6K 17
Betty and Jughead are about to start their last year in college. Over the years, they've had a lot of fights, they've taken a few breaks and gone to...
39.8K 638 14
Jughead and Betty are best friends. They each know each other's weakness and darkness, but their feelings change for the weird when high school start...
78.6K 1.5K 43
Betty has had a hard life and has a lot of trust issues, she's grown up into a fierce badass that lives on the south side. Her friend/roommate Toni g...