Return, Retry, Restart...Cont...

By DarkDespair713

You wanted to be with them. Little did you know, that when real flesh and blood are involved... a world with... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 (FOR REAL)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Recap
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 3

15.4K 513 2K
By DarkDespair713

Tagging along with the two characters you once "played" as-was an interesting experience. It was almost as if you were playing the game-just different. To be honest, there wasn't much conversation happening between the three of you, they were too preoccupied with looking for clues, and you were doing your best to pretend like you were. 

After walking away from what would soon be known as Kaede's Ultimate Lab, you found yourself looking directly at the mastermind. 

You watched from a close distance, as Kaede and Shuichi tried relentlessly to get Tsumugi's attention. You laughed when you saw Kaede grab Shuichi's hand, trying to get him to poke her. 

"I never thought I'd be poked from both sides." Said Tsumugi suddenly. 

"Ah!" Shuichi shouted, hearing his shout final set you off, and you burst out laughing. 

"W-why are you laughing!?" Shuichi said looking at me with his face slightly red. 

"I'm laughing cause you actually believed she was a mannequin! That's hilarious! And you call yourself the Ultimate Detective, you can see her breathing!" You kept laughing, "No offense though Shuichi, your reaction was just too funny." 

Suddenly Kaede started laughing too, "Yeah you should've seen the look on your face!" 

Shuichi turned to her with a betrayed look, "If you knew she was a mannequin then why did you make me poke her?" 

"Because she wasn't responding." 

And...we're back on the game script again... I wonder how much I can change the game? It's probably limitless seeing that I can do these small changes but... who knows? I suppose I'll test the limits eventually. 

"I'm Tsumugi Shirogane. The Ultimate Cosplayer." You snapped away from my hypothetical thoughts when Tsumugi introduced herself. You then listened to Kaede compliment her curves. Was Kaede always this weird? Somehow I don't remember... oh well! 

You kinda tuned out when Tsumugi started talking about cosplaying and the bronze statue. You just wanted to get things over with so you could figure out what was going on-not to mention you did hear these same lines multiple times over again-some parts are bound to get boring. 

"Yeah so let's try to find a way out!" Kaede says energetically-cutting through your thoughts. She and Shuichi waved goodbye to Tsumugi and started to walk away.

 You started to follow them until Tsumugi called out to you, "Hey! You never introduced yourself!" 

Darn, I was hoping she'd miss that, I wanted to see if she ever called me by my name without telling her it but oh well. 

"I'm (Y/F/N), (Y/L/N) and I have an ultimate talent, but I don't remember what it is. Now, I'd love to stay and chat, but I should catch up with Kaede and Shuichi! Bye!" You shout with a wave back, trying not to seem suspicious. 

You walk away, hearing some sort of farewell from Tsumugi, you finally catch up with the protagonists and you see Rantaro coming into sight.

Ah...Rantaro. You were always such a cool guy. Second only to Mr.Supreme Leader himself. Oh well, still one of my favorite characters! Let's go talk! 

"Hey there, you guys get kidnapped too?" Rantaro said as he came closer. "Well, you guys look alright, the situation could be better though." 

"Yeah totally." Kaede mutters-sorta sorrowfully. 

"Hey let me ask you guys something...Do you guys remember how you got here?" Rantaro asks. 

"No, we don't, I guess this means you don't remember either?" You responded. 

"I guess that means everyone here is the same." 

"Everyone? You met the others already?" Kaede asked frantically to Rantaro. 

"Yeah, they all said they don't remember. Almost like group amnesia..."

"Ah...That's not normal though. If everyone here has amnesia-" Shuichi gets cutoff. 

"Welp, I guess we're all in a pretty abnormal situation then," Rantaro says with a dark look on his face. 

"Wait amnesia is a stretch, we'll all are probably just confused. We'll remember eventually." Kaede says with slight panic in her voice. 

"In any case... I hope we remember soon. Otherwise, I'll end up the outcast." Rantaro admits

"The outcast? Why?" You asked. 

"Truth be told, how I got here isn't the only thing I don't remember. I also forgot...my own talent." Rantaro lets out with a sigh. 

"You're wrong." You say, "You won't be an outcast, because I don't remember mine either." 

For a split second- a look of suspicion crosses Rantaro's face, only to disappear. "Well...guess I won't be alone then-anyway, I haven't introduced myself yet have I? I'm Rantaro Amami, I don't know my Ultimate talent, but I am a good guy I swear." 

You could almost imagine the freaking character screen popping up. 

"Oh yeah, I'm (Y/N) and I don't remember my talent either" You tried to say with a confident grin. Weird, why don't I remember any introduction scenes-Like did the protagonists ever say their names to the characters? I genuinely don't remember and now I wish I did. Oh wait, the Monopads probably have their names and talents already in the real-life version. I should check that later. 

After that your group and Rantaro bid farewell. And there you were off to meet the Wonderful Wizard of Oz-oh wait wrong...alternate universe, you were actually off to meet another wonderful cast member of the Danganronpa Universe. 

You and your crew went back to the classrooms you guys had woken up in, inside one of those was the dynamic duo.

"Heyyy! Wait for me!" 

"Please stop! Don't come any closer!" 

You turn your head towards the voices only to be greeted by the sight of Keebo running away from Kokichi. 

Huh, you know. I guess that's one thing about being in this world, I can actually see how people move...they aren't just standing around like sprites anymore. 

"Let me touch your body a little! I've always wanted to be friends with a robot!" Kokichi shouts

"Huh? A robot?" Kaede claims with surprise.

"No shit sherlock, he doesn't look like an actual human to you does he?" I say sarcastically without thinking. Oh...wait I said that out loud-curse me and my bad habits! 

"Hey! Are you another robophobe?" Keebo asks me accusingly.

"N-no, I just like making sarcastic replies-sorry Kaede." You say quickly, trying not to be made into the bad guy here. You spare a glance towards the Ultimate Supreme leader, only to see him with a large smirk. 

"It's okay," Kaede says to me, "But you, are you for reals a robot?" 

"A-are you one of the Monokubs-" Shuichi starts.

"Don't compare me to those toys! I am not just any old robot!" Keebo cuts him off. "I am K1-BO , the Ultimate Robot. But please address me as Keebo!" 

"Heyyy... no fair you can't be the only one showing off! I'll introduce myself too!" Kokichi says with a pout. "I'm Kokichi Oma! The Ultimate Supreme Leader!" 

Ah... I wanna get to know him, he is my favorite character after all. Maybe while I'm here I can do what I was wishing for- maybe that's why I'm here in the first place? Actually... now that I think about it. Why am I here? I have too many questions and not enough answers... 

"You're not funny," Keebo says angrily.

"Nehehe... of course, you don't think I'm funny! Robots can't understand humor in the first place!" Kokichi replies with a peppy tone of voice. 

"Hey! I spent years studying the history of Standup Comedy!" Keebo replied indignantly. "Plus I may have the appearance of a robot! But I am a high school student just like you guys! I had a strong AI inputted into me when I was born which was capable of learning just like a human being. My professor raised me like his own child, and then he eventually sent me to high school! See? I'm just like everyone else!"

"Hey, do robots have dicks?" Kokichi asked right after Keebo's backstory. You laughed out loud once again, you couldn't help it. After all you've only seen this scenario behind a computer screen- if you laughed then, then, of course, you would laugh in real life. 

"What's so funny? I cannot see the logic behind your laughter!" Keebo saying this only made you laugh harder. Maybe I'm delirious from the shock of being in this world. 

"See, this is why you're different from us. (Pronouns) gets why it's funny. Also, I only asked because your backstory is pretty flaccid for a robot." Kokichi gave me another smirk as he said this, this immediately shut me up.

"Well, I can see how being a robot is enough to be the 'Ultimate Robot' but I don't understand your talent Kokichi." Shuichi asked. 

"...Oh, I'm just the supreme leader of an evil secret organization. That's all. I gotta say though, it's pretty impressive! It has over 10,000 members!" Kokichi answers with a grin 

"Seriously? The supreme leader of an evil organiza-" Kaede starts.

"Nehehe- who knows? I am a liar after all." 

And there it was, the infamous "I am a liar" line that you only heard spoken once or twice throughout the game. Hearing it through the air sent your heart pounding. You and me both Kokichi...we're both liars- no matter what world we exist in. 

"Everything he has been saying so far is a lie." Keebo says-still sounding angry- which cuts through my thoughts. "He's much more of a suspicious person then I am that's for sure." 

"Well, of course you're not a suspicious person silly! Robots aren't people!" Kokichi responds.

"Grgh..."

"What you mad? You gonna hit me with a rocket punch?"

"I don't have that function!" 

"Man... you're boring!" 

"Well, we're gonna get going now. We're gonna try and find a way out!" Kaede says full of hope! 

"Wait, you guys never introduced yourselves!" 

"Oh right, I'm Kaede Akamatsu, I'm the Ultimate Pianist!"

"I'm Shuichi Saihara and I'm the Ultimate Detective." 

I hesitated, "I'm (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N) and... actually I don't know what my Ultimate Talent is..."

"Oh, you're like Rantaro." Keebo says. 

"Yeah... anyway! We should get going now see you guys!" I said not knowing what to say. Kaede and Shuichi nodded at me in agreement and we left the pair. 

As you wandered around, you ran into the dining room, where you talked to Himiko and her "magic" and Tenko with her Neo-Aikido. Since Rantaro had also forgotten his talent, they seemed to accept you more. (Unless your a guy and in that case, Tenko accepts it but still thinks you're suspicious.)

After that, you guys went to the storage room where Miu was looking for drugs. Shuichi also got insulted about his hat. You felt bad for him, after all you did know the reasoning so...And yeah, that was that. 

You guys then headed to the library. You saw Maki standing there with a book in her hands. Just like in the game, Kaede and Shuichi had some difficulty getting Maki to talk. However, when Maki finally said that she was the Ultimate Childcare giver, you almost broke your cover right then. Thankfully, you managed to keep a calm composure. She didn't really react to your news of not having an ability-you supposed that it was because Rantaro doesn't have on either. 

Ryoma was a different story-honestly, you were actually sort of excited to see him. Since he was always the "depressed" character in the game you wanted to find out if you could change that at all. Ryoma's kind of cool. Like yeah, sure he killed someone-but he did it to avenge his loved one so...

You guys FINALLY headed outside after meeting Korekiyo. You grimaced when you saw the looks on Kaede and Shuichi's faces as they stared at the giant cage that surrounded us. 

Why...why do I feel bad for them. Their expressions look so painful... You thought to yourself. 

You watched as the Monokubs appeared and explained how we were trapped. That there was really no way out. When they left, Kaede and Shuichi seemingly fell into a pit of despair because of their inability to escape.

You had known this all along, but why did it still hurt you?

And... That's the end of this chapter. Honestly, I wanted to finish up the prologue in this chapter, or at least all the character introductions but the chapter just kept getting longer and longer and this just seemed like a good place to stop. 

Anyway! Thank you guys for reading! 'Till the next Chapter! Ciao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.7K 2K 21
Seventeen students and a really messed up killing game. Is it really possible to find love?
81.4K 2.8K 25
COVER DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, ALL RIGHT GO TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST!! (SPOILERS) 'The Killing Game......' 'I thought It ended......' 'I'm suppose to be...
6.7K 179 25
This is a 4 am idea so probably gonna be trash. Anyway~ It's in game and full of angst, fluff and maybe smut. Here are the Trigger Warnings: • None c...
25.7K 867 38
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 ✿*:・゚ 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯...