A Thin Line Between Love and...

By thepottergirl123

#1 in Kurtbastian 29/AUG/2020 After Kurt runs off after seeing Blaine and Karofsky togehter, he's followed by... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
Hi!

10.

1.9K 53 39
By thepottergirl123

When Sebastian's message ticked in during the day, while Kurt was in the choir room with Rachel, he felt kind of bad.

-Coffee, today?
~Sebastian
Even though it was fairly simple, and had become fairly normal over the run of the last couple weeks, Kurt felt sort of bad about writing his response.

-I'm sorry, I can't today.
~Kurt

-Okay..
~Sebastian

Briefly, Kurt wondered wether he should tell Sebastian that Blaine had visited him.

-I really am sorry.
~Kurt

-it's fine, Kurt.
~Sebastian

But even through the message, Kurt could tell Sebastian wasn't thinking it was fine.

-look, Blaine visited me yesterday.
~Kurt.

It was a while before Sebastian answered
~What?

Kurt let out a breath, typing his reply.

- he wants to have coffee with me today. That's why I can't meet up.
~Kurt

Rachel was talking to him, but he was barely paying attention as he saw Sebastian about to reply. Anxious he waited. He still wasn't sure what this thing between him and Sebastian, but he didn't want to ruin it.

- Blaine wants to meet up with you?
***

Sebastian stared at their messages, sighing. Why did blaine want to meet with Kurt? and why the day after the two of them kissed?

What Blaine could possibly want, was beyond him.
But he'd be there. He needed to be there. He was scared that Blaine would hurt Kurt, try to keep him separate from Sebastian.

The thought of that hurt. When they first began meeting, Kurt was hurt, from what had happened with blaine, but the two of them talked, they enjoyed each other's company.
And Sebastian had slowly opened his eyes to the feelings he somewhere deep down probably had always felt for the chestnut haired boy.

-what did he talk to you about yesterday?
~Sebastian

He didn't give Kurt a chance to reply, before sending his message. Blaine was a good person, but he tended to get a bit much sometimes.
***

Kurt was standing outside the Lima bean, looking at Sebastian's message. It had come through earlier that morning, but he hadn't responded. He didn't know what to write. He entered the café, to find Blaine, smiling at him.
"I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up.." he said, his arms wrapping around Kurt in a warm embrace. Though the action was familiar, Kurt stiffened. The only thought that entered his head was 'i've never hugged Sebastian. I wonder what that's like.'
Understandably so. Because something was blossoming between Kurt and Sebastian, and it was sort of weird that they'd kissed, but never hugged. Kurt suddenly found himself longing to hug Sebastian, to feel his arms around him, and to bury his face in his neck, be able to smell the cologne that he knew Sebastian wore, being able to smell it faintly usually.
Blaine pulled away when he realised Kurt wasn't hugging him back.

"I got us a table. And some coffee."

Kurt went to the table, sitting down with Blaine, who handed him the coffee.

"So, what have you been up to?"

"I've been helping Rachel rebuilding the glee club." Kurt responded, though he knew Rachel had probably told blaine that.

"Look, about last night.. I just.." Blaine looked slightly sheepish.

"I just want to protect you. Sebastian.. you know how he is. And I don't think that you being around him all the time is smart."

Kurt sighed. It seemed Blaine was on the same track as the night before.
"People change, Blaine. And I like being around Sebastian."

Blaine ran a hand over his hair, shaking his head.
"Kurt, you don't get it. If he's being nice to you, it's because he's trying to.." Blaine trailed off, trying to hint at what he meant.

"Trying to what, exactly, Blaine?"

Blaine took a breath. "Trying to get you into bed."

Kurt rolled his eyes. Yes, he'd heard Sebastian's reputation, seen it first hand. But he'd also seen Sebastian the night before, how nervous he was. How he'd offered just to stay Kurts friend, because that was what he meant he needed.
That wasn't fake. He could see that.

Somewhere behind him, a chair scraped against the floor, making a horrible screech.
"Kurt, please listen to me. I don't want to see you with your heart broken."

Kurt opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off.
***

Sitting at another table, Sebastian could see the scene folding out. He could hear them. Once or twice he saw Blaine looking his way. Kurt couldn't see him, as he was sitting in front of him, with his back turned to him.

"People change, Blaine. And I like being around Sebastian." He heard Kurt say, making his heart skip a beat. Kurt liked spending time with him!

While he sat there, thinking about how Kurt and him had spent time together, the conversation at the other table sped forward, Sebastian left his table for a moment, going up to the counter to order a coffee - Though his own was still full, before sitting back at his table. The next thing he heard made his blood boil.
"Trying to get you into bed." There was no doubt who or what Blaine was talking about, and Sebastian got up, his chair screeching as it scraped against the floor.
"I.." Kurt began, but Sebastian wasn't about to let him finish, glaring at Blaine.

"Shut your mouth about what you have no idea about, Anderson." He sneered, to both Blaine's and Kurts surprise.

"You know nothing about my intentions, so just leave Kurt alone, and stop talking shit. You're jealous, even though you have someone. You broke Kurts heart first by leaving him, then proposing to him, and breaking off the engagement and running back to ohio. Which makes you a jerk, and a coward. So if I'm about to break Kurts heart, which I'm not, you can shove it, because it's none of your business, it stopped being your business when you started dating his ex-bully."
Sebastian left again, having had his say. Taking a deep breath, he took his empty coffee cup; throwing it out. The coffee he had bought was still hot, but he figured he wouldn't need it, so took it, heading for the exit. He had to get out of there.

As he was standing by his car, about to unlock it, a hand touched his arm.
"What was that?" Kurts voice asked, half distressed, half proud.

"He was talking shit about me. So I stood up for myself." Sebastian rolled his eyes.

Kurt was quiet for a moment. "You wanna leave this place?" He asked, looking at sebastian.

"Hell yes." Handing Kurt the coffee, that he'd bought for him, he got in the car, followed by Kurt in the passenger seat.

"Where to?"
Sebastian asked.

Kurt, sipping his coffee, grinned as he replied. "How about your place?"
***
Kurt was sitting, stunned for a moment, turning around as he watched Sebastian leave. He got up, needing to talk to him, tell him off for eavesdropping on his conversation. Before he could get far, a hand grabbed his wrist firmly. "Don't leave." Blaines voice was quiet.
"Please don't leave." He repeated when Kurt made to pull away. Blaine made that impossible though.
"Let me go, Blaine." Kurt huffed.

"You can't go out there."

"Why not?" Kurt was getting tired of this.

"Because.. Kurt, you can't be with him."

"Why not?" Kurt repeated, through gritted teeth. Annoyed now.

"You just can't! It's not good for you."

Kurt tried to pull his wrist free, but Blaine being stronger than him, still, kept it in a firm grasp. "Listen to me, Kurt. I'm trying to help you."

Kurt tried another tactic, relaxing his wrist in Blaine's grasp.
"Fine." He said, resigning.

As Blaine's grasp lessened, Kurt pulled his wrist away sharply, and left the café without looking back, walking out to where Sebastian was unlocking his car.
***
Blaine watched Kurt leave, eyes trained on Sebastian through the glass doors.

He was not going to ruin this.

He needed Kurt to be his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 1 1
After recently breaking things off with his high school sweetheart and now ex fiancé Blaine Anderson, Kurt Hummel decides to fly back home to Lima, O...
37.8K 1.2K 20
A long time ago, Sebastian told Kurt that if he needed him, he was there to talk. Kurt never imagined himself taking him up on it. [COMPLETED] Tw: Do...
5.2K 173 19
Kurt and Blaine have just moved into their new apartment when excitement and tradgety starts erupting in their lives, can a bunch of mistakes only ma...
884 11 13
In just a few days to the classic dance of Halloween in Breadstix, Kurt is so hurt cause he found out about Blaine's cheating he was so hurt... So...