Finding Maze

By Cosmic-Enigma

" aww, how kind. Is this your way of getting another proof that I am a criminal so that you can put me in pri... More

Author's notes.
Character Aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
'Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
'Let's Go'
' Killing Or No Killing'
' Know Thy Enemy'
' Aftermath'
' Understanding Lies'
Epilogue
Author's note.

Chapter 4

16 0 0
By Cosmic-Enigma

Miley pov

"well this place isn't creepy at all" I said gripping her hand.

"chill out, Emma's grave is kinda in the middle of no where. There will be lights here to guide people" Jenna said chuckling.

"well there isn't one here now" I mumbled.

Jenna just chuckled as she guided me to the grave which was exactly as she said, in the middle of nowhere. "God who knew you could decorate a grave" I mumbled looking at the colored tomb which had fairy lights on it.

"there was a rumor that these lights used to get switched on at the middle of the night" Jenna said removing all the dried flowers.

"you are kidding" I said as I took a step back.

"it was a rumor, it's not true" Jenna said and placed the white bag she was carrying on top of the tomb stone.

"don't do that Emma might get angry" I said taking the white bag from her hands.

"okay fine, then keep placing a stone on the ground so that the workers can arrange the lights so people can actually get here tomorrow " Jenna said sighing.

"so we are going back?" I asked as we started walking in the same direction we came. "there is no cool place around here?"

"you won't stay in a place full of tombstones but don't mind staying in a place which is cool on top of the graveyard?" Jenna asked.

"as long as zombies don't eat me" I mumbled dropping a stone with every step I took. 

Jenna shook her head as she pushed a branch away from her face as she walked. "so, you got any cute guys you are dating? "she asked, pushing another branch.

"I don't date, Jenna. I just hook up with guys" I said .

"I think in your generation you guys call that as being a player right?" she asked glancing at me.

"you could say that" I said chuckling. "what about you? You dating someone?"

"well, a guy named Robert was a past ex" Jenna said. "he proposed to me you know"

"what?" I asked alarmed. "why? I mean how? What happened?"

Jenna laughed and said "well, he proposed I got scared and I ran away. He took my rejection as an answer and never came after me"

"shit Jenna, I am sorry. Anyways , marriage ain't for people like us" I said. "it's better you didn't accept anyways"

"no it's not that I don't want marriage, I just - he isn't the right person I want to spend the rest of my life with" Jenna said sighing.

"how do you know who is the right person?" I asked.

"I don't know, it's a feel I guess" Jenna said shrugging. "anyways you will know"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

My alarm woke me up at five in the morning. It's not that I wanted to wake up early, Jenna had sneakily set it up when I had gone to bed last night to wake me up early today. On the charity event day.

I sighed and got out of the bed, I did my daily routine in the washroom and headed downstairs. "Jenna? Jenna?" I called.

"Jenna isn't here" a guy said looking at me from the bottom of the stairs. "you must be Miley"

"you must be the system child" I said as I assessed him. He was quite tall, hazel eyes and black hair with khaki pants and red shirt.

"wow, you are real sweet" he scoffed.

I frowned and got down the stairs walking past him into the kitchen. "what are you doing here?" I asked when he followed me into the kitchen.

"it's the charity event day, Jenna told me to get you to the hall" he said. "and you aren't even ready"

"I can get there myself, you go ahead of me I can take care of myself " I said pouring the coffee in a mug.

"yeah, I was gonna do that but your annoying aunt didn't allow me to enter the hall without you. So get the fuck ready" he snapped.

I shrugged and took sips of my coffee slowly and peacefully while he glared at me. After taking my own time in finishing my coffee and making sure he didn't follow me to my room like a creepy person he looked, I bathed and made an effort to get ready a little longer than usual.

I brushed my hair for one last time and grabbed my handbag and made my way downstairs. I took the house keys and wore my black heels. I got out of my house and closed the door and turned around to find the guy standing near a Tesla ,model X car. I walked towards the car and eyed it . "I didn't know orphans could afford this " I stated.

"I am pretty sure I don't have to explain myself to a girl who can't afford even half of this " he said.

"please " I scoffed ."I can afford cars much better than this "

"just get the fuck in " he said rolling his eyes as he got on the driver's seat.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"dammit, Caden you were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago " Jenna said as she gave me a short hug while glaring at Caden.

"Blame your niece, she took majority of the time to get ready " Caden grumbled.

"who are they ?" I asked pointing to the guy near an elderly man in an attempt to change the topic. They both looked wealthy, wearing a suit which looked costly and shoes and watches all looked costly.

"that is Mr Andrews and his son " Caden said looking at them with a glare.

"that your boss ?" I asked Jenna pointing to the white haired guy.

Jenna nodded her head. " and that is the stupid son you told me not to interact with ?" I asked pointing to the guy near Mr Andrews. He looked pretty hot from behind, blond hair, visible biceps, cute butt. 

Caden gave Jenna a glance,while she answered "yeah, lets head in. The event is gonna take place in a couple of minutes "

" I am gonna hang out at the back. If you need help don't call me" he said and walked away from us .

"how do you hang out with him, he is a dick" I said watching him leave.

" well since I can to handle you he is no biggee " she said shrugging her shoulders.

"hey, rude " I exclaimed. "take that back"

Jenna rolled her eyes and dragged me inside the hall. Compared to the empty room I saw yesterday, it was filled with chairs and tables and food. It looked really grand. " did you pay for all of these ?" I asked Jenna.

"no, hell no. I can afford to spend money only in decorations, probably only balloons" she said making me giggle. "my boss did all these, spent probably twenty grand to do all this. I just check his work"

I nodded my head as I looked around again. There weren't many people in here, but the place was gradually getting filled. I spotted Alexis and Stefan standing near a pillar staring at people around, I contemplated whether or not I should head towards them honestly all I wanted was to stay alone but then Stefan caught me looking at them and called me over. And so the rest of the event went away by me spending time with Stefan and Alexis, as usual Alexis glared at me than speak much but Stefan was definitely a good company. He told me a lot about the town's history and about Emma and everything else, I didn't even realize the event had come to an end when Alexis pulled Stefan out of the hall. 

I walked towards Jenna who was talking to a guy and stood beside her till she finished speaking with him. "are we gonna go home?" I asked, when that guy left.

"ah, no honey. we will be heading to the cemetery to honor Emma and then head home. But we can head to a coffee shop and then head to the cemetery, would you like that ?" she asked.

"sure" I said shrugging my shoulders.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"are we late?" I asked taking a bite from the bun.

"so fucking late" Jenna mumbled typing something in her phone.

"maybe, I will go and venture inside the cemetery" I said, but Jenna didn't respond. Either she didn't hear me or she was too pissed to say anything to me, anyways it was because of me she was late to this event.

I quietly moved away from the crowd that was already formed and walked inside the cemetery. The crowd looked like they were waiting for someone to take them inside or for some other event to occur before going inside. I didn't mind much, I didn't want to see the grave anyways. I walked farther away from the lights and ventured deep into the cemetery.

I took another bite of the bun and walked past a huge tombstone, huge enough to sit on it. I was about to it on it but stopped when I saw another figure sitting few tombstones away. I eyed him from behind and took a few steps in his direction. He looked eerily familiar. I tried to get a clear look of him but hit my toe on a tombstone making me stumble forward onto him.

By reflex he caught me by my waist, which was not enough because that made both of fall on the ground. "fuck, sorry" I said as I got up from him. "I am so sorry"

The guy got up with a grunt and looked at me. I couldn't help but gawk at him. His disheveled blond hair, his bright blue eyes the body fitting tux showing off his entire biceps and I am pretty sure there would be a six pack under his shirt cause damn he looked really good. He would have looked very tall for any average height girl but me being a Gandalf, we both were almost of the same height. He let out a sigh and looked at me. It didn't look like a glare so I think he isn't mad.

"I am sorry" I said again.

"it's alright, princess" he said brushing his shirt. "not to be rude or anything but what are you doing in a cemetery ?"

His tone had a hint of an accent, an accent usually all the French people have. It could be easily lost if people weren't paying close attention but all I could do was only pay attention to him. "you want to talk " I stated surprised he hadn't left after I disturbed his alone time. "you are out here alone too"

He chuckled and said " you don't know who I am do you "

I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms across my  chest. " considering I am here for the first time it justifies me not knowing you " I said. It wasn't entirely a lie, I mean sure I have to been to New York a couple of times but it was my first time to attend this ceremony and in all my visits to New York I never met a guy like him. 

He stopped grinning and asked " you are Jenna's niece, aren't you ?"

I was taken aback, now how did he know that.

"It's a small town, words travel fast here" he said looking at my surprised look.

"yes, yes I am" I said and gave another look at his attire just to check if he had any knives or guns of sorts, to make sure he isn't a serial killer. Upon doing that I noticed my bun inside his chest pocket. I giggled as I stepped closer and took it out of his pocket, I brushed away the crumps and pointed the bun at him. He gave me an amused smile and took a bite from it. "hey, it's mine" I exclaimed moving away from him.

He laughed and moved back to the tombstone and sat on it. He patted the space next to him and motioned for me to sit next to him. I sighed and looked around, I was quite far from the entrance but I still could see the crowd. well, It wouldn't hurt to spend some time with a complete stranger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 52K 82
Before I could walk away completely, he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. My wrists were caught in his grasp as he placed them above my...
72K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
241K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...