I Am Living With an Idiot

By BrightWhiteSnow

Vena Anderson, a nineteen year old girl has moved away from home to attend college. She has no desire to live... More

||The Beginning||
Three || Goodnight James
Four || Wow this looks good
Five || Where are we gonna eat?
Six || Tell me about yourself please
Seven || This is Awkward...
Eight || Oh God, Not Her
Nine || I Could Hit You So Hard Right Now
Ten || As You Wish, Darling
Eleven || You Are So Infuriating
Twelve || Grayson Would Not Be Jealous
Thirteen || The Agreement
Fourteen || You're Bluffing
Fifteen || All In Good Time James
Sixteen || Uh Oh This Can't Be Good
Seventeen || You Are So Adorable
Eighteen || I See You're Capable
Nineteen || Truth or Dare?
Twenty || Don't Panic
Twenty One || This Is Going To Be A Long Night
Twenty Two || His Darling
Twenty Three || Those Six Words
Twenty Four || Live a Little
Twenty Five || Staring is Impolite
Twenty Six || Game Over
Twenty Seven || Once a Player always a Player
Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less
Nothing more, Nothing less {Grayson's Pov}
Twenty Nine || How Can I Trust You?
Thirty || Worth The Risk
Thirty One || Stupid Sweet Talk
Thirty Two || Life is Beautiful
Thirty Three || We Need To Talk
Thirty Four: How Serious Can It Be
Thirty Five || You Scared Me
Thirty Six || Such a Great Story
Thirty Seven || Afterwards
Thirty Eight || So Honest
Thirty Nine || Bouquet of Lillies
Forty || I Hate You
Forty One || His Kisses
Forty Two|| A Dilemma
Forty Three || I Don't Want to Hear it.
Forty Four || All Is Almost Forgotten
Forty Five || Maybe I Need This
Forty Six || Drunk Protests
Forty Seven || Hold My Hair
Forty Eight || Trust me J.H.
Forty Eight || Trust me V.A.
Forty Nine || Tease
Fifty || Get Out
Fifty One || Betrayed
Hello from the other side
Fifty Two || He Didn't Cheat On You
Fifty Three || Don't Raise Your Voice
Fifty Four || This Should Be Good
Fifty Five || Christmas Tree
Fifty Six || Wake Up
Fifty Seven || The City
Fifty Eight || He's Home
Fifty Nine || That's Cool
Sixty || Calm Your Testosterone
Sixty One || Presidential Debate
Sixty Two || Family Dinner
Sixty Three || Explosive
Sixty Four || Punch Your Teeth In
Sixty Five || Of Course
Sixty Six || Calvin Klein
Sixty Seven || Big Spoon
Sixty Eight || Before It's Too Late
Sixty Nine || What if?
Seventy || He Never Knew
Seventy One || Cupcake
Seventy Two || Abandon
Radish Notice!
Seventy Three || Forgive Him
Seventy Four || Messy Situation
Final Author Note: Important.
"I Am Living With An Idiot" Playlist
HELLO

Two || Hi My Name Is Vena

780K 23.4K 13.6K
By BrightWhiteSnow

Please comment what you guys thought.

*Think before you post a comment or send a message, because even though you can't see me, doesn't mean that what you say won't hurt me.*

_____________________

After the short car ride to James's mom's house, we finally pull up to a very large red house. It had a big porch that goes all the way around the house, the roof comes to a point and there is an big bay window in the front of the house.

I get out of James's black Mustang and see he has already started to walking up the walkway, so I follow.

What I don't get most is that he owns a expensive Mustang and he wears clothes that I couldn't afford without selling both of kidneys. This kid is rich, why can't he buy or rent a house? I mean he could afford it, so why is he moving into my apartment?

It just doesn't make sense.

He opens the door the door for me and I walk in.

The house was absolutely beautiful. The living room walls are a dull red and the furniture was all black leather, the side tables beside the couch were dark oak and have funky shaped sculptures on top of them. A flat screen Smart TV sits above an electric fireplace on the wall.

Let me tell you one thing. These people are loaded.

"Mom, It's me! We are just getting the boxes out of my room and packing them into my car" He yells.

"Who is we?" A female voice speaks as she walks out of the kitchen.

Her brown long hair, that has a hint of grey in it glistens in the sunlight.

"This is we" He says motioning to me.

"Hi, I'm Vena" I say holding out my hand.

She takes it and slightly shakes it, "It's very nice to meet you, Vena; I'm Julia" Julia says.

I release her hand,"You too"

"So, are you two dating? or something?" She asks.

I scoff, "No, definitely not" I say in a amused tone.

"Mom, she is just helping me move my stuff to my new apartment" He says making it very clear that I am not his girlfriend.

Good.

"No need for the tone, Mister" She says snapping back at him.

He shrugs and Julia walks back into the kitchen, "Make it quick, James" She says from the kitchen.

"Okay, fine, fine" He groans, bored.

He turns to the staircase to go upstairs, "Come on, I didn't bring you here to admire my parent's house" He says walking up the stairs.

"Hey! No need for that tone, Mister" I say mimicking his mom.

"Got it" He says quickly.

The white carpet feels soft under my toes as I walk up the set of stairs. James walks up the door of the last bedroom at the end of the hall. He turns the door knob to reveal a huge room. The walls are plain with navy blue painted walls. A bed sat in the corner, which is bare. There is a double door walk-in closet on the left of his bed which is empty.

So I'm going to guess that all of these boxes that sit at my feet neatly on the floor are James'.

"How heavy are they?" I hesitantly ask.

"Why don't you find that out for yourself?" He asks as a smirk spreads across his lips.

"Fine" I say as I bend down to pick up the box.

It wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, it weighs about the weight of three middle school text books.

James bends down and picks up one box and puts it in one arm and then bends back down again and picks it up and arranges the boxes so that one is on top of the other.

"Please be careful with that box, Vena. It has every item that has been important to me at some point in my life in there" He says looking in my eye.

"Okay, I will" I reassure him.

He nods hesitatingly and starts for the stairs.

After 10 minutes of going up and down the stairs and loading his belongings into the trunk of his car he walks back into the house for some reason.

"Hey Mom, were done loading my stuff" He yells into the kitchen.

"Okay, bye Son. Call me when you get the chance" She yells back.

"Okay, bye" He yells ending the conversation of yelling back and forth by shutting the door.

"Is that really how you two communicate?" I ask as we walk down the walk way.

He puts his finger to his chin for a moment as if he needs to think about it.

"Actually, yes" He smiles, removing his finger from his face.

I shake my head, "I would get into so much shit if I pulled that with my mom" I say.

"Well that's too bad because it is really fun to do" He chuckles.

I open the door of the black car and get in and sit down on the leather seats. I glance at the dashboard and there isn't even the slightest amount of dust on it.

"How long have you had this car?" I am quite curious, I mean the condition of this car looks like it just came from the car dealership today.

"5 years" He says looking at me.

"Seriously? Wow, you keep it in good shape" I say very surprised.

"Well, I do love this car" He pats the dashboard.

"I think I would love it as well if you actually drove it home, so we can unload all your stuff before sky fall" I gesture for him to start the engine.

He puts the key in the ignition and puts it out of park and backs out of the drive way.

"So Vena, why did you want a flatmate?" He asks keeping his eyes on the road.

"Well to tell you the truth, the landlord decided that she would raise my rent one week before school starts. I liked living on my own and I always hated the idea of having a roommate, but now I really don't have a choice in the matter" I answer his question.

"Oh, well I am sorry for ruining your peaceful home, but I promise you that I will be a good flatmate" he smirks at me for a moment and then back at the road.

"Oh, you haven't ruined it, I think you are a good guy and I know that you won't piss me off" I say making the last part sound more stern.

"Oh I won't" He fake coughs "On purpose anyways" He adds.

We pull into the apartment building parking and we turns the engine off.

"Lets do this" He said dramatically.

I let out a laugh and get out.

It takes us about twenty minutes to bring all his stuff up to the apartment. After our last trip up the stairs we walk into the apartment and James shuts the door behind us. He then immediately jumps over the back of my couch and lands with an 'Ooph'.
He grabs the remote and turns on the football game.

"James, you need to unpack" I say crossing my arms.

"Not, right now" He whines, "after the game" he adds.

I walk over to the couch and plop down beside him, "Fine, what ever" I mutter.

He sits up and leans over on to his knees and intensively concentrates on the screen.

You know I am quite surprised that he just walked into my apartment and turns on the T.V. like he owns the place.

"James?" I ask.

Nothing.

"James?" I say a little louder.

Nothing.

I decide to give up on trying to get his attention while he is busy concentrating because I would be here until the game ended until I got his attention. I get up and grab a snack from the kitchen and then go to my room to read for a few minutes.

I turn around quickly out of my room because I had decided that I am going to read at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

My room was a peaceful place for reading but right now I have to make sure he doesn't get into to something or break something because after living with 5 brothers for 19 years of my life I know how boys can get will watching football, and let me tell you something: It can get pretty ugly pretty fast.

Three years ago I was reading in my room and my brothers were watching a game of soccer in the living room because my mother thought that was some fantastic idea. I could hear them shouting, cheering and knocking things over from all the way from my room, and my room was all the way up the stairs and at the very end of the hallway. I guess that I should have expected ruckus, since they were boys.

I glance at the back of James's head as I unwrap my granola bar, he watches the flat screen attentively. I notice that his dark brown hair is short in the back too and is perfectly cut.

Suddenly it goes to in intermission and commercials appear on the screen.

"James" I say.

He whips his head around, "When did you get there? When did you move? Your like an ninja, Vena" He says in one breath.

Maybe I am a ninja...Nah, but wouldn't it be so cool if I was?!

"You were too preoccupied to notice I got up and grabbed my book and got a snack" I say as a smirk comes onto my face.

"I guess so. Speaking of food; what do you want for dinner?" He asks.

"You really want to cook while a football game is on? You might get burned in the process" I cross my arms in my chair.

"Your right, do you just want to order in? I'll pay" He says turning around facing me and resting his crossed arms on the back of the couch.

Damn right, he will. I can't afford it.

"Well since you offered, Sure" I say happily.

He turns back to the screen, "I know you would have taken the free food whether I offred it or not" He says without looking at me.

How did me know me so well? We just met.

I scoff.

I see that there are still commercials appearing on the screen.

He picks up his iPhone off the coffee table and he dials a number.

"Hi, order for delivery" he says into his phone.

I wonder what food he is ordering, I mean he didn't even ask me what I wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 17.3K 83
[completed & under editing] 𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 ➙ 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧; 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧-𝘤...
195K 6.3K 35
[Complete - Wattpad Featured Story April 2018 ] "You have a contract?" Chase ripped the papers out of Lewis' hands. "And you signed it?" "It's a goo...
795K 13.9K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
784K 23.3K 44
"There is no way I am rooming with-uh that" I point to the devil sitting in the corner. He looks down on his phone not even paying attention to me...