Finding Maze

By Cosmic-Enigma

" aww, how kind. Is this your way of getting another proof that I am a criminal so that you can put me in pri... More

Author's notes.
Character Aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
'Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
'Let's Go'
' Killing Or No Killing'
' Know Thy Enemy'
' Aftermath'
' Understanding Lies'
Epilogue
Author's note.

Chapter 3

25 1 2
By Cosmic-Enigma

Miley pov

"I am so sorry, my dickhead of a boss ain't giving me a leave today" Jenna said with a frown. "being a PA is sometimes so hard"

"well, that is alright. I will just get to know the city and buy more clothes" I said grinning.

"ah I feel so bad though" Jenna said combing her hair. "you came after a long time I can't even spend a day or two with you"

"Jenna, it's alright. I am here for two years. It's no big deal" I said walking over to her.

"well, alright. Give me a call every four hours and make sure you eat food and have fun" Jenna said giving me a smile.

"will do, Jenna" I said grinning as she went back into her room. I sighed and sat on the couch and took the remote in my hands as I went through the channels in the TV.

Jenna came back to the living room dressed in a black pencil skirt and a blue shirt with her hair let down loose highlight her curls. She had a light make up on, with some bright shade of red. "damn, Jen, which guy are you ready to torture with that outfit?" I asked eyeing her.

" a guy named Paul he was one night fling and now he is being a dick" she said adjusting her belt.

"let's hope your boss doesn't fuck you, like the way it happens in books" I said smirking.

"oh please, Mr Andrews is a numero uno of being a first class asshole especially to me. I don't expect him to even glance at me" Jenna said rolling her eyes.

"anyways, I am just saying" I said grinning.

"shut up, Miley. It's not gonna happen" Jenna said pointing her index finger at me as I pretended to zip my mouth. "God I hate you" she said and stomped back into her room again. She came out after a while with her bag and kissed my head.

"I am gonna go now, see you later and don't do anything stupid" "Jenna said and left the house.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

" Miley " I heard a voice calling my name making me look around.

And then Stefan came with a girl towards me, the girl was only glaring at me for a long time." hey, Stefan "I said giving him a smile.

" this is Alexis, my best friend "he said pointing to the girl who was looking at me with narrowed eyes." you met her too, at the skating ring "

" yeah I remember, hey "I said and awkwardly waved my hand.

" hey "she said flatly.

Well, okay.

" you here for book collections? "Stefan asked.

" book collections? "I asked." they issue books in the library? "

" yeah, this library is tied with the school. After admission and choice selections of your electives the books will be given here "he said with a shrug.

" I, um, I didn't know that "I said wrapping my hand around my body." I just came here cause I got nothing better to do "

Stefan chuckled and said" it's alright, just check the school website and get the slip which has all your subjects and the librarian will give you your books "

" okay, I guess I will go work on that "I said grinning.

"yes you should" Alexis chimed in.

I gave her a weird look and started walking towards the exit, I was about to leave when Stefan held the door for me.

"woah, you are fast" I said grinning.

"perks of being a basketball player" he said with a grin.

"okay, player" I said smiling. "are you coming home with me?

" ah no-- I mean no, I don't know-- I mean "he stuttered making me giggle.

" okay, love, I will save you the trouble I was pulling your leg. It's all right "I said giving him a smile.

He sighed and said" well I will tag along till the Bernies and I will go for coffee "

" Bernie's? "I asked.

"it's a Cafe kinda place near school. Almost all students go there after school and it's the best" he said. "and sorry about Alexis , she is just kind off closed off "

"well, I figured " I said shrugging my shoulders. "she is being possessive, you can't really blame her "

Stefan scoffed and said "getting cocky aren't we "

I gave him a sheepish smile as we continued the walk to the Bernies.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"you are back early " I said looking at Jenna as she hurriedly entered the house.

"I am not really back, our company does one good thing by holding a charity event. My dickhead of a boss wants to hold this particular event this Saturday so I gotta make sure people are actually doing their job " she said surfing through the draws near the TV.

" I didn't know making sure other people do their job was a part of your job resume " I said with a confused look.

" it is not, but I have no choice "Jenna said taking out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes.

" Jenna, smoking is disgusting when did you start smoking? "I asked eyeing the pack of cigarettes.

" I am not smoking, Miley "Jenna said rolling her eyes." there is guy I look after once a while, he smokes, it's for him"

" oh, who is this guy and why are you looking after him? " I asked.

Everything that Jenna said was very suspicious. She was acting weird too.

" I didn't adopt him, if that is what you are asking. He is in the system and when I volunteered to do some good for the children who still didn't get a family I came across Caden . He lost his brother, doesn't have a single clue about his parents .He is just seventeen, Miley. No one deserves that. So I kinda tag along with him " Jenna said with a sigh.

" they allow PA to hang around with orphans , you got time for that ?" I asked .

"no no, Caden being a kind kid helps us during the charity event " Jenna said. " I hang out with him at that time"

"weird " I muttered as I slouched back on the couch.

" how did your day go ?" Jenna asked sitting next to me.

"usual I think, I got books for the school, Stefan helped me actually and we hung out in Bernies, it's a café near school and came back home and now I am watching tv " I said shrugging my shoulders.

"are you bored ? I am a horrible aunt, I am spending time with other teens than my niece " she said with a frown.

"Jenna, it's work related and you found some company you would like to do that work with. There is nothing you gotta apologize for " I said patting her knee. "Besides I am pretty sure Spencer Reed is a good company than you or that teen. He is hotter too"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I don't like saying 'I told you so', but ----"

"the hell you don't, it's your fucking favorite line" Jenna exclaimed making me giggle.

"I told you that red dress would look hideous on you and you went ahead and wore it and now you look hideous" I said covering my mouth as I giggled.

"well this dress looks hot from the outside, I didn't think it will look that bad after I have worn it" Jenna mumbled.

"yeah, sure blame it on the dress" I said rolling my eyes. "the dress couldn't take the extra, perfect curves you have and it makes you look ugly"

"exactly" Jenna exclaimed.

I shook my head as I leaned on the wall near a stack of leggings. After Jenna had felt very guilty about leaving me alone at home she decided to do multitasking, doing her job while shopping.

"you mentioned something about graveyard after the charity event" I said looking at her. "Are people going to die of the excess money Mr Andrews is gonna give in the charity event to go to the graveyard?"

"no not really, Mr Andrews is not so generous" Jenna said rolling her eyes. " the towns hero Emma Mckinney, was the one who actively participated in protests and movements to help this town and then she was the first person to introduce these charity events, atleast to Mr Andrews. So he thinks it's his duty to honor her. But in reality he just needs the people attention, so he can run for town mayor "

" well that is tactic move "I said sighing." he can basically get what he wants if he becomes the town mayor. And when he does become one ask for a raise "

" I am planning on asking one soon, I don't need him to be town mayor to get a raise I should get a raise because I am damn good at my job" Jenna said and typed something on her laptop.

"what type of dress am I even supposed to wear for the charity event?" I asked looking at the dresses in front of me.

"wear a black one, we won't be having time to go back home and change clothes. Just get a black dress and then we will head out and I have some million other work to do" she said mumbling the last part to herself.

"am I coming with you to all those million other work you are talking about?" I asked as I swift through the dresses stack.

"I don't know, I will be going to the hall where the charity will be taken place and then the graveyard to make sure everything is set and get all the last minute decorations and then one last final check up and then done, event for tomorrow will be ready" Jenna said.

"who will take care of your manager meanwhile?" I asked.

"well I already sent him a schedule of his plan today. He has a chauffeur around he will probably tell him. I couldn't care less, he told me to do this fucking job" Jenna said. "you sure you want to come with me? My day can get boring"

"when I am around nothing is boring" I said giving her a grin.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"who else is running for town mayor?" I asked looking at the huge white building whose entrance was covered by trees. "you should tell that person to paint these buildings in anything but white"

"yeah, well not many people have been competing against Roger Andrews because, come on, he is a well renowned business men he takes care of almost everything and he is loaded with a lot of money other competitors can't even afford. So there are not many people against him but those who are against him believe in hope " Jenna said.

" or maybe Roger paid them to compete to make it look like a fair competition "I suggested.

" or that too "Jenna mumbled as she typed something in her phone." the hall is ready, we will check the graveyard and head back home "

" alright "I mumbled as I got inside her car. I

gazed out of the window of the car while Jenna drove. The town we stayed in Manhattan was very small and mildly populated, all through the ride I only saw older women and men going for a walk or jog. I couldn't find a single teen of my age going for a walk, even at the café we drove by there was no one.

Jenna parked her car behind a fence, which made our car directly under a tree. I got out of the car and stretched my limbs as I took in the surroundings.

"Jenna" I called as I walked over to her side. "there are no teens around here?"

"what? No no there are some teens around. Not today maybe because they are at a party or something, you have to go deep into the city to find them" Jenna said. "besides that there are teens here close by. You saw Stefan and then Roger's kid will be here somewhere around, he is attending JKH too. You will meet him"

"who?" I asked making her look up from her phone. She stared at me for a while and then opened and closed her mouth.

"it's best you don't meet him" Jenna said with a frown. "stupidness runs in genes, he is stupid"

Weird

"well, okay then" I said shrugging my shoulders. I pointed to the entrance of the graveyard and asked "let's go in?"

"yeah" Jenna said as she looped her hands with mine as we walked inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 77.1K 37
Jade Stone and Blaze Daniels used to be bestfriends from the age of 3 to 15. In Freshman year Blaze realised that he had the potential to become more...
72.9K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
1M 52.1K 82
Before I could walk away completely, he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. My wrists were caught in his grasp as he placed them above my...
4M 119K 41
Someone walks into the room but I cannot see its face. It looks like a man and by the look of his posture, he seems very important. "Why were you...