Danger || Narry AU ✔

By MagicNarry

Complete Niall Horan, one of the last surviving members of the “Crimson Clan” a dwindling group of rebel drag... More

Danger (Narry AU)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Q&A
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Thank you
Soundtrack

Chapter 5

4K 179 171
By MagicNarry

Now that they’ve met, each point of view will be a continuation of the last chapter, rather than the same day in each POV like the first few.

Dedication: @SmilingNiallxxx (smart cookie you are- London is correct), & @smiley_miley_ (mushrooms)

Enjoy!

---

~Harry~

I struggled in the brutes’ grips, leg hanging painfully while I put all my weight on my other foot. The leader sneered, showing his bright yellow teeth, before landing another punch to my gut with the hand not holding my bag. A shout from behind me drew all of our attentions before they could cause anymore damage. The crook in front of me visibly paled, and I was curious as to who this man was and why he was so scary to someone as huge as the three attacking me. I tried turning my head, but I shifted slightly and let out a hiss as I put a little weight on my hurt ankle.

The two dropped me, as I tried to balance myself on my right leg and watched confused as they scrambled away in utter fear. What the hell? I saw the leader toss down my bag, but I was still too curious about who my mystery savior was. I heard the grass crunch slightly under his footsteps; the sound of him jogging closer filled the silence of the forest. I couldn’t turn and see him, considering I really only had one good foot to use. 

Then he was in front of me, pushing me back gently, making me sit down on a large tree root that protruded from the ground. I looked at him curiously as he examined my ankle and leg. He was beautiful, but he didn’t look terrifying. He looked like a baby penguin, like he couldn’t hurt a dragonfly. But god was he beautiful.

I had always had a soft spot for things of beauty.

He was especially beautiful. His voice brought me out of the small revere I was in, and I only caught half of what he had said.

“- may hurt just a bit.” Was all I caught before there was a pop, then a searing pain shot through my ankle. All the while I was swearing under my breath trying to calm my breathing and not seem so cowardly in front of the beautiful boy that had saved me. He dug through his bag, pulling out a small roll of cloth. He then quickly got to work, mumbling some words under his breath- I don’t think he knew he did that- as he wrapped the material snuggly around my ankle. I watched him with interest, a small smile gracing my features, the task I set off to do: forgotten.

“There ya go, good as new.” He muttered quietly, standing up from his kneeling position. He held out his hand for me, and I gripped it tightly, relishing in the warmth that it held. His hands were big, almost as big as mine and that was saying something. Perfect for holding big things… bad Harry… like my hands. Yeah, that’s what I was thinking.

“Thanks mate.” I muttered gratefully, the thanks having a double meaning- a thank you for saving me, and a thank you for fixing up my ankle. I shifted, wincing when I put too much pressure on my sore ankle, but I could stand on it reasonably well. I would just have to be careful.

“’M Niall.” He introduced, holding his hand out for me to shake. “Niall Horan” I was confused on where I had heard the name before it clicked. Well fuck, that was easy. I pretended to not know who he was shaking his hand.

“’M Harry.” I muttered back, realizing that’s why those crooks had been so utterly terrified. “Harry, um… Edwards.” This was the Niall Horan, infamous dragon hunter? This was the terrifying leader? I almost scoffed out loud.

“You don’t sound so sure about that one, mate.” He responded, and I just laughed off the remark. Trying to think quickly, I had to make up something and quick so he would believe me.

“It’s hard to think straight right after you’ve been mugged don’t you think? I’m sort of still a little hazy mate.” I shot back, tone light and joking. He nodded at my statement, seemingly thinking things over. A small smile cracked his beautiful face, and all I could do was stare for a second.

“Well, we- I-  have to get goin’.” He said, turning to leave and I wracked my brain for any excuse. I couldn’t have him slip from my grasp just as he was just barely in it.

“Wait! Um, where are you headed?” I questioned, making my voice sound weak and scared. He looked like he was debating telling me, but his face softened at the fake scared look that mine held.

“Navette.” He answered simply. Before turning again and I mentally cursed.

“Can I come with? Please? I- I have nowhere else to go.” I mumbled, staying semi-truthful, the scared tone still in my voice and the scared expression on my face. I had to do this, make him believe me. He seemed hesitant, and then shook his head. I watched him curiously, watching as he seemed to argue with himself in his head. Maybe he was bonkers?

“Okay, you can stick around. But you’ll have to explain yourself, and why you really want to stick around with a complete stranger that could be completely bonkers. Or a murderer! How would you know?” He insisted, and I laughed lightly- a real laugh- holding my tongue. He glanced up at the sky and let out a sigh. “It’s getting dark, and I wanted to be in Cheshire before dark.” He mumbled, glancing around. I internally freaked out. Everyone knew what I did in Cheshire; I couldn’t let them blow my cover. I really needed to think quickly.

“We- we can’t! That’s exactly what I wanted to get away from, where I wanted to escape!” I cried out. Damn I was a fantastic actor. His eyes narrowed slightly, thinking over my response and probably trying to figure out if I was lying or not. Finally he sighed in defeat, nodding his head. He looked around for a little bit, probably seeing if this was a suitable place to rest. I wonder where his dragon was; I thought they never left their masters.

I watched as his eyes stopped on the ground a little ways away from me. My eyes followed his gaze, landing on my bag. I swallowed, knowing there were some things in there that he wouldn’t be particularly fond of. They wouldn’t really help sell the story. Who runs away from home with weapons and journal on how to kill dragons and their riders?

I saw him glance at my ankle, and then step forward to get the satchel for me. At the same time I stepped forward, hissing slightly at all the weight being on my hurt ankle. I quickly shifted, making it more comfortable to stand. I glanced at him and saw him bending down to pick it up, and watched curiously- hoping that nothing fell out and that he wouldn’t just go searching through my bag.

Something shiny fell out, catching both of our attentions. I winced realizing what it was: A blade. I couldn’t tell which one it was yet, but I knew he saw it. He picked it up, glancing at it in curiosity as he walked over to me. He held his hand out, handing me the satchel but kept the blade in his hands eyes never leaving the shiny material.

I finally realized what blade it had been, and I almost groaned. I didn’t want him touching it; he was the one it was meant for. The only way it should be in contact with him was while it was rammed into his heart. His kindness and beauty wouldn’t faze me.  

“Where did you get this? This is a rider’s blade.” He muttered, tone hard- he seemed angry, like I stole it, or killed someone for it. Neither was the case.

“It was my father’s. Before he passed, he gave it to me.” I muttered, tone equally as hard. His face softened, and he handed the blade back to me. I took it gratefully, my hard exterior softening, but really I was still pissed at the fucker for touching it.

“I know how that feels. I’m sorry.” He muttered his tone soft and regretful. “You know how it is I suppose. You never know who to really trust. It sucks.”

I nodded, knowing it was true from both sides. He didn’t seem like such a bad guy, but a mission is a mission and I can’t let the king down. Besides, it could all be an act.

The sun was beginning to set, falling lower on the horizon.

“We should collect some dead branches and twigs. It’ll be dark soon and we need to start a fire. Actually, you just sit there and I’ll get stuff for a fire.” He ordered, gently pushing me back down onto the root I had previously been pushed on to.

“You have a thing with pushing people.” I mumbled, a small smile gracing my features as I pretended to joke with him. It had been less than a day and I had already started to not have to fake feelings. It was already dangerous. How long would I have to stick around, to pretend?

How long would it be until I wasn’t pretending anymore?

I listened to the calmness of the surroundings. Occasionally a twig would snap, or bird would squawk, breaking the serene of the surrounding area. But overall, it was peaceful, just like how it had been earlier in the day… before those damned crooks ruined everything. Or maybe, they made all of this possible, I could have missed him and then I would have always been a step behind him. Maybe it would have led to an impatient king dying to execute me. Ha, get it? Dying… execute? It was puny.

“What are you giggling at?” A husky voice asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts and causing me to blush at the sight of a smirking Niall. That was hot as fuck. No.

“Um, just a joke in my head, I was um- thinking of something fun- funny.” I stuttered out, his smirk making me lose my thoughts. Damn him and his fucking attractive face and body and hands and smirk and fuck. Just fuck him. No, don’t fuck him… you can’t fuck him.

He shook his head in amusement.

“You are something else.” He laughed, shaking his head. I toyed with the blade in my hand, biting my lip while contemplating if I should just end this now. His back was turned to me as he arranged the wood in a pile. I couldn’t help but admire him. How the muscles in his back flexed as he moved and arranged the wood, how his tongue was poking out of the side of his mouth as he concentrated. It was bloody cute. Not the time, Harry, not now not ever.

I swallowed thickly, butterflies filling my stomach because of nerves. I had never really talked to a rider, let alone spent half a day with one. It reminded me that they were human too, and too bloody nice and attractive and funny and hot and god. This has gotten much harder than it was supposed to.

I watched as he cursed under his breath, trying to hit two rocks together to create the flame. I smiled, holding back a giggle. It was funny, and cute… and not what I should have been focusing on. I lifted the blade slightly, but dropped it back down into my lap just as quickly as he sighed, throwing down the rocks and stood up.

“I give up.” He muttered defeated, and I looked at him in confusion. Before I could really even question anything, the wind picked up. Leaves, twigs and anything that wasn’t rooted to the ground danced around us. I covered my eyes to block out any debris. The wind stopped after a few more seconds, and I opened my eyes. Slowly blinking them open as to remove the dust from my lashes. When my eyes were back in focus I scooted back a bit.

“You ruined it! It was perfect!” Niall whined, but I stayed slightly shocked.

In front of me was a dragon, a flippin dragon.

---

YAY!!!!!!

Fun fact! A cock is a bird that can tell time.

How do you like the story so far?

How do you feel about Harry?

How is this ‘relationship’ progressing?

Will Harry see Niall as a person or a target?

Will he try and get to know Niall better?

Will this end well or badly?

Dedication to the commenter that can guess my favorite color?

3o votes and comments?

Xx Val

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning ⚠️ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...
2.4K 59 40
This is not like 'Romeo and Juliet' because its better. They dont confess their love and die. They dont have to hide their love from their familys. T...
13.4K 499 48
In 2015, Zayn left the band without giving the real reason the the lads. But now, he is back with his daughter. The lads who are regrouping add him b...
8.6K 263 15
London was owned and terrorized by 5 young lads calling themselves: "Band of ExtraOrdinary Villains." They would destroy, annoy and scare people just...