NEFARIOUS ━ DESCENDANTS

By kazbrekkerrs

ππ„π…π€π‘πˆπŽπ”π’. | ❝the villain is the person who knows the most but cares the least❞ - in which the daug... More

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 πˆππ…πŽ.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈.
β†’ one | reticent
β†’ two | taboo
β†’ three | culpability
β†’ five | benign
β†’ six | pursuit

β†’ four | procedure

2.3K 130 52
By kazbrekkerrs

four | "what's a scotland?"

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 of her magazine, a deep sigh of boredom leaving her lips. She closed the magazine harshly and threw it onto the table next to her. Her feet found their way off the floor and over the couch railing while she laid down on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. She grabbed a ball lying next to her, one her father had forgotten earlier, and started throwing it up and down.

A series of grunts echoed throughout the living room and Hayden sighed in annoyance, catching the ball a final time before looking to her right. "Could you stop it?" She told him, getting what was sure about to be the thousandth glare shot at her. "I'm trying to focus here." She finished while showing the ball she was throwing.

Harry rolled his eyes at her, trying his best to mumble a string of curse words at her considering the gag was still in his mouth and prevented him from saying anything. He started tugging on the cloth she'd tied him up with again, though deep down he knew it wasn't going to work - him and Gil had been stuck here for six hours now.

"Hey, scary lady..." Gil started talking, a slightly confused look on his face as he looked between Hayden and Harry. "Can I ask you a question?"

Hayden caught the ball from the air once more and looked at Gil, giving him a nod that said he could ask her his question.

"Why didn't you give me that thing, too?" He asked, pointing at the gag that Harry had in his mouth. He got a glare from him for coming too close to his face and quickly took his hand back.

Hayden looked away from the two pirates and faced the ceiling again, she started throwing the ball up again. "You're less annoying," she answered curtly and smirked when she could hear the baffled and offended noises coming from Harry.

"Oh," Gil said, obviously sounding surprised. "thanks!"

The blue haired girl chuckled softly at his happiness about the compliment, he truly was a simple soul and he reminded her of Pierson. A genuine smile appeared on her face at the thought of her cousin, but it quickly disappeared when she realized that she'd probably never see him again.

"Hey," Hayden spoke up eventually, catching the ball for the final time and placing it on the table next to her magazine. "are you from Scotland by any chance?" She asked, the question obviously being aimed at Harry, who gave her a shrug and a loud noise. "Oh, right, my bad." She mumbled under her breath before walking over to the pirate. She crouched down to the ground and reached for the gag before removing it. "So, are you?"

"I can't believe ye called me annoying," was the first thing he said to her, giving her a fake pained look. "I thought we were getting along, love."

"Of, course we were. Don't take it too personal, babe." She fake-pouted, adding in a pause.

She looked him in the eyes and smirked at the look in them. It was safe to say the son of Captain Hook was one of the biggest flirts she'd ever met, only he didn't know that Hayden was one of the biggest flirts herself on Mount Olympus - well, tied with her cousin Zach of, course. There was absolutely no way the son of can't-keep-it-in-his-pants Zeus wouldn't be a player.

Harry looked her in the eye and smirked, his infamous giggle following after and Hayden closed her eyes and turned to look away from him, a slightly pained look on her face. "Don't do that, it's unsettling." She scolded him.

"Why, ye don't like my laugh? That hurts, darling." He taunted her, another fake disappointed look shot towards her direction.

Hayden rolled her eyes at him. "Yeah, well, cry me a river." She mumbled under her breath before taking a deep breath and shifting her stance. "Well? Are you, from Scotland?"

Harry genuinely looked confused for the first time he'd been here and looked her in the eyes. "What's a Scotland?"

"Where you're from, dumbass." She responded, shaking her head at him. She thought he was just playing a game on her at first, but the confused look stayed on his face and her irritated expression changed to one of concern. "Wait, you really don't know of Scotland?"

Harry shook his head no, looking from the ground to the girl in front of him. He even looked at Gil, hoping that he'd know what a Scotland is but of course he didn't. "It's a country," Hayden clarified. "In Europe, you know, one of the other continents?"

"Ye know, love, you gotta stop using names I don't know. What the hell is a Europe?"

"You really don't know," she mumbled under her breath, though it was more to herself than to Harry and it was more of a statement than a question. "how long have you been on this isle?"

Harry and Gil looked at each other and were about to answer until the presence of someone else in the room caught their attention. They looked at Hades and nodded towards him, alerting Hayden.

"Get up, we're gonna check on your eyes." Hades announced abruptly and Hayden's eyes widened as she quickly got up from the ground, turning her back towards Harry and Gil to face her father.

"What? Dad!" She exclaimed, pointing towards the two pirates on the ground. She grabbed the ember he was holding from his hand and shook her head. "We're not doing that now, we've got company."

"Then you should've brought them back when I told you to." He answered and reached out for his ember, holding his hand out and waiting for Hayden to put it back. "My ember."

"I was going to bring them back," his daughter countered, crossing her arms over her chest while glancing between her hostages and her father. "the thing is that I just really didn't feel like doing it."

Hades gave her a fake smile and laughed at her. "Nice try, the ember." He motioned for her to put it in his hand and with great reluctance she threw it in his palm, an angry look on her face. "Oh boohoo, close your eyes."

Hayden sighed while looking at Harry and Gil, who both wore faces of confusion. "Fine," she mumbled and closed her eyes.

Her father brought the ember closer to her eyes, the ember got a faint glow (it was the only 'magic' it could do on the isle) and forced Hayden to open her eyes. A dark blue, slightly purple glow decorated her eyes and she quickly broke free of the ember's spell. "I hate that." She mumbled under her breath, rubbing her eyes.

"Dark blue. Good job, kid, the Underworld's almost out of your system." Hades complimented her, though it sounded quite sarcastic. He patted her on the shoulder and walked past her to sit down on the couch. "Bring these two back, now." He said, grabbing the ball Hayden was throwing from the table while nodding towards the two pirates.

"Fine," Hayden huffed. She looked at Harry and Gil. "Where does this Uma chick live, anyway?"

♕♕♕

Hayden pushed away the son of Peter Pan and the daughter of Alice with a grunt of disgust. She rolled her eyes at the two before she continued finding her way through the busy bleachers, her eye falling onto the familiar purple and blue hair which made her walk all the more faster. A couple of other Auradon kids yelled at her for pushing them aside, but she paid them no mind.

"Evie!" She called out and she immediately caught the attention of the daughter of the Evil Queen. Evie smiled at her. "Here, I've got the candy you wanted."

"Thank you," she said happily while grabbing the sweets from Hayden's hands.

Hayden gave her a curt nod and a quick smile before her eyes fell on Mal. The two looked at each other from up and down, both releasing a slight scoff before rolling their eyes and looking back at the field. The tourney game seemed to have started already.

"You're late." Mal stated emotionlessly. Her arms were crossed over her chest while she continued looking at the field.

"What do you care?" Hayden responded carelessly, taking a bite of the twizzler-like candy she managed to snatch from the room of Parker Pan.

She caught Ben's eye and was about to smile and wave at him but stopped herself when he looked away from her again and towards Mal - to whom he gave a big smile. Hayden frowned.

"I don't." Mal snapped harshly, continuing to finish the fake smile and fake happy wave she gave Ben. Her happy expression changed to an angry one when she looked at Hayden. "Just wanted to make sure you're committed to the plan."

"I've got people I need back, Mal." Hayden deadpanned, ignoring and tuning out the loud chatter of the sport's commentator. "I'm plenty committed."

Mal shrugged. "Just making sure."

Hayden hummed at her but didn't give another response. She turned to look back at the field, only now noticing that Jay and Carlos were participating as well - Jay came as no surprise, but Carlos did. The poor boy didn't even seem to have that good of a time. "So, where are we?" She spoke up again, but this time towards Evie. "With the plan."

Evie smiled at her, she did that an awful lot of times lately. Hayden didn't mind it, though. She knew Evie did it to show that there was at least one friendly face she could turn to.

"After we brought Ben to the dorm and after you left, we managed to calm him down a little. He left quite shortly after Mal left and made his way towards the tourney field."

Hayden nodded. "That's it?"

"That's it." Evie confirmed. "Not much has happened since then."

The oldest daughter of Hades mumbled a small 'thanks' under her breath before she looked back at the field, trying to follow the game which now seemed to be coming to an end, considering the people on the bleachers started to cheer and the commentator started going wild.

"An absolutely wonderfully end to one of the best games ever! Here they come, folks, the winners of the first tourn-" the commentator said enthusiastically but he was rudely cut off by Ben who grabbed the microphone from his hand. Hayden had to stifle a laugh at the man's shocked and perplexed look.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" the Prince of Auradon spoke through the microphone, tapping it a couple of times to see if it worked properly. "Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say..." He trailed off and looked around for a few seconds before continuing excitedly. "Give me an M!"

All the people on and around the bleachers started forming an M with their hands (including Evie) except for Mal and Hayden, who seemed more disturbed than impressed.

"Give me an A!"

"A!"

"Give me an L!"

"What does that spell?" Ben asked eventually, a large smile on his face.

"Mal!" The crowd yelled, but the Prince didn't think it was loud enough and encouraged them to yell it louder. "MAL!"

Ben's eyes fell upon the bleachers, and where they usually lingered just a tiny bit longer on Hayden's, they skipped over hers just as quickly as he did with the others - until he got to Mal. "I love you, Mal. Did I mention that?" He asked her and Hayden turned to look at the purple haired girl, whose eyes widened. "Give me a beat!" Ben yelled shortly after.

They're seriously giving him a beat? Hayden thought, shaking her head at the ridiculousness of this all. "What the fuck did you put into that cookie?" She hissed at Mal, but the girl seemed too shocked to react when she saw that the Prince had started singing.

"Did I mention that I'm in love with you? Did I mention, that there's nothing I can do?"

"Yeah, that's gotta be a no from me." Hayden mumbled under her breath and sighed. "I'm out of here." She yelled to Mal and Evie, trying to be audible over the loud music and singing. "God, help me." She mumbled under her breath while speed-walking away from the large crowd of people. "Actually, Zeus, don't. You'll fuck it up, anyway."

Hayden continued her journey back to the dorms, and just as she was nearing the entrance, she could hear someone crying. She frowned at the heavy sobs and stopped walking towards the dorms, her feet now following the sounds. A small pang of guilt made its way towards her stomach when she saw the daughter of Sleeping Beauty sitting on the edge of the fountain, crying her eyes out.

"Are you okay?" She voiced out loud, it came out a bit harsher than she intended.

"How do you think I am?" Audrey snapped at her, wiping away the tears from her cheeks. "My boyfriend just serenaded another girl in front of the entire school! In front my friends! Which is not only shockingly painful, but also excruciatingly humiliating!" She continued yelling and stopped when she choked on a sob. Audrey sighed, it was a tired sigh, and Hayden honestly felt bad for her. "Why do you care, anyway? Shouldn't you be happy for your fellow villain kid trash?"

"I'm going to let that one slide because you're upset." Hayden mumbled under her breath before she took place next to Audrey. "And...I'm not evil, Audrey. I do care about people and their feelings."

Audrey raised an eyebrow at her.

"Okay, some people and their feelings." Hayden corrected herself with an eye roll, which made the girl sitting next to her laugh a little. Hayden smiled. "Besides, Mal and I aren't really friends."

Audrey looked at her in confusion, but she didn't say anything. She sighed again and quickly wiped the tears away from her cheeks, she stood up from the fountain edge and straightened out her dress. "I have to go." She announced.

"Of course," Hayden responded.

Audrey looked at her and gave her a small nod before she turned to walk back to her dorm. Hayden didn't stop her. She knew she could use some time to herself.

♕♕♕

Hayden walked carelessly through the streets of the Isle of the Lost. Her head was held high and a deadly look was visible in her eyes while she held the knife to the throat of Captain Hook's son.

Harry's jaw was tightened and he hadn't said a word since they left her and her father's hideout, though he did try tugging on the restraints she'd tied around his wrists - unfortunately for him, it was to no avail. At least she'd removed the gag, that was something, although she did replace it with a knife immediately after, so really, there's not much of an improvement.

Gil, however, was cheerfully walking next to them. He hummed a tune under his breath while he led Hayden to the chip shop. She let him walk on his own, only keeping the restraints around his arms. He didn't seem to mind much, though he probably didn't understand the weight of the situation either.

They neared a junction which made Hayden take an abrupt stop, one Harry didn't expect which caused him to slightly walk into the knife. He hissed at the feeling and gave Hayden a slight glare, though she didn't seem to care much. "Aye, careful with the goods, eh?" He taunted but she still didn't meet his eye.

Hayden nodded towards the split of roads. "Which way now?" She asked Gil.

"Uh, this one!" Gil said confidently after some consideration. He took a sharp turn and started speeding up his walk, much to Hayden's dismay, but she brushed it off for now.

The three continued their walk towards the chip shop, Gil kept walking in front of them excitedly while Harry kept throwing witty one-liners at the girl who was holding a knife to his throat. Not his smartest moves, he had to admit, but then again he wasn't dead yet - so how much of a bad idea was it, really?

Hayden kept her stark expression while she walked. She could see the shop nearing, and with every step they took, she could feel Harry starting to wiggle in her grasp. "I suggest you stop." She whispered lowly, her lips slightly grazing the top of his ear. It made him freeze. "Like I said, I really don't want to ruin the pretty face you've got there."

"It's a shame we met this way, really." Harry faked pity, giving her a fake puppy-dog look with his eyes. "Would've loved to go out with ye, but now Uma's just gonna kill ye." He threatened and purposely drew out the word kill.

Hayden gave him an emotionless look. He smirked at her but she didn't respond and kept her poker-face. She stopped in front of the shop, wrapping one of her hands over Harry's mouth to prevent him from speaking up while the other held the knife against his throat. She looked at Gil and nodded. "Go." She commanded and pushed the boy inside.

The son of Gaston stumbled into the chip shop, which seemed to be abandoned. Only Uma was there. "Hey, Uma!" He said loudly, adding a wave. "Uh, we might have a tiny, little problem..."

"What?" Uma raised her voice.

She walked towards Gil and was about to walk outside when she was suddenly met by Hayden, who walked into the shop while pushing Harry forwards. Hayden removed her hand from his mouth and focused herself on the knife against him.

"So you're Uma." Hayden mused, tilting her head to the side. She hummed and a tiny smirk fought its way through. "Thought you'd be taller."

Uma scoffed. "Says you." She shot back, looking at the girl who might've even be shorter than she was. "I advise you hand me back my crew members." She added after a short moment of silence, drawing her sword from its holder.

She pointed it towards Hayden, who made a disapproving tutting sound. "Ah, ah, ah, no-no, see that's not smart at all. Put the sword away, Uma." Hayden growled, tightening her hold on Harry. "If you don't, lover boy's a goner."

Uma scoffed and kept her sword tightly in her hand.

Hayden tilted her head to the side. "You think I won't do it..." She mumbled, taking an observation. "Fair enough." She nodded. "Though I have to warn you, you are greatly underestimating me."

"I seriously doubt it," Uma mumbled sarcastically.

"I've been killing people my whole life," Hayden said honestly. She tilted her head to the side again, to taunt Uma. "what's one more am I right?" She sighed in fake pity and looked at Harry. "Oh, well, I tried pretty boy-" She adjusted the grip she had on the knife and got ready to slash his thro-

"Fine!" Uma yelled eventually. She growled in anger and threw her sword to the side. "What the hell do you want for them?"

"Now we're talking." Hayden smirked and loosened the hold she had on Harry. She let him go but quickly unsheathed her sword - which she quickly used to prevent Harry and Gil from running towards Uma. "You should really get better thieves. They should know it's not wise to steal from my father."

"Sure, I'll add it to my stealing lessons." Uma rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Who even are you? Can't be that important, considering I've never heard of you."

"She's Hades' daughter." Harry spoke up for the first time since he'd set foot into the shop. His voice was groggy because of the hold Hayden had on his throat, he cleared it and looked at her. "Her name's Hayden." He nodded at her. "Quite a feisty one, aren't ye?"

Hayden smirked at him. He chuckled.

"Let's just say, I'm a new resident." Hayden said eventually. She stepped closer towards Uma, her sword still holding back Harry and Gil. "Now, I can't help but notice that you want these two back quite eagerly...which leads me to believe these are no ordinary crew members." Hayden theorised out loud, smirking when she saw the angry look in Uma's eyes.

She sighed in fake disappointment and walked over towards her to captives. "You see, that one, over there." She pointed at Gil. "He's a bit daft, but still, he's got quite the muscle on him. I dare to bet he's your best fighter." She looked at Uma, who seemed like she wanted to rip her head clean off her shoulders - which was good, it meant that she was right.

Hayden continued her walk towards Harry. "And pretty boy over here is smarter than he lets on. Not even to mention the aura of intimidation around him..." She trailed off and briefly looked back at Uma to look her in the eye. "He's your first mate."

"He's not my first mate." Uma snapped at her, eager to correct her at something.

Hayden nodded in agreement. "Not yet." She said. She walked closer towards Harry and grabbed his chin between her fingers to make him look at her. "But I'm positive he will be."

She let her hold on him go and blew him a mocking kiss, one he returned with a cheeky wink. She chuckled in disbelief and walked back towards Uma. "Am I right?" She asked innocently, slowly letting a devilish look take over her eyes. "...or am I right?"

Uma closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to contain her anger while she kept clenching her fists. "Just tell me what you want for them." She said through gritted teeth, emphasising each word.

Hayden smirked. Her eyes falling back onto the Captain's son and, more importantly, on what he was holding.

"I want his hook,"

♕♕♕

"Hayden!" Was shouted loudly behind her, and it made the blue haired girl stop in her tracks.

Hayden looked at the boy in front of her in confusion. "Yeah?" she asked him, surprised that he'd even come to talk to her while Mal's around here somewhere.

Ben looked at her with a huge smile. "I need some advice. I just asked Mal out and I could really use the help with setting up the date, and I figured, well, you're from the Isle, so maybe you can hel-"

"Oh, uh, yeah, no, I'm sorry, Ben. I don't think I can be of much use," She said honestly, adding a small shrug. "Mal and I aren't really friends, remember? I told you that."

"Right!" He said, a wave of confusion falling over his features. "Why not, though? Mal's so great. She's so gorgeous, and has these pretty eyes, and ugh her purple hair is so beautiful and she's so nice to me and the others arou-"

"Right, right! I get it, yes, Mal is great." Hayden forced the sentence out of her, it sounded wrong coming from her. "I'm really sorry, Ben. I've got to go, I've got to be...somewhere. Anywhere." She sighed. "Anywhere other than here, really." She added softly under her breath.

Ben looked at her in confusion. "What?" He asked, not properly hearing what she said at the end.

"Nothing, look, I have to go." She said, shooting him a quick smile before she took a step away from him. "Good luck with your date!" She yelled after him while she speed-walked away.

"T-Thank you!"

Hayden rolled her eyes while she walked away, already hating the love spell she and the others put on him.

You can't even have a normal conversation with the guy anymore, she thought and bit her lip. Maybe this wasn't that good of an idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 266 12
-Takes place after D2 but happens during/after D3 -I take no ownership of any of the Descendants characters. --- Uma hadn't resurfaced, Hades tried...
586K 12.8K 33
"The name's, Hadey, Princess of The Underworld. How ya doing?" When Mal, Hadey, Evie, Carlos, and Jay are sent to Auradon by a proclamation from t...
230K 3.9K 34
When Ben chooses which villain kids are going to Auradon, he has to leave one of the VK's behind. Will the untold feelings of Ally and Jay be able to...
49K 1.3K 18
The Core Four are heading to Auradon, but not for the reasons their parents think. Sure, they'll be grabbing the wand but it definitely won't be for...