๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„๐‘๐“๐˜ | (Under C...

By mtclouds

ยฐแญ„เฟ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿช | ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๏ฟฝ... More

๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„๐‘๐“๐˜
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐”–๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข
00 | ๐”„ ๐”ญ๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ฐ๐”ข
01 | ๐”‰๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ก๐”ž๐”ถ
02 | ๐”–๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ญ๐”ฅ๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ข
03 | โ„‘๐”ซ๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ข
04 | ๐”…๐”ฒ๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฃ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ข๐”ฐ
05 | ๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”Ÿ๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ช๐”ฐ
06 | ๐”‡๐”ข๐”ข๐”ญ ๐”ฆ๐”ซ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐”ด๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฉ๐”ก
07 | ๐”„๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ, ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ, ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ
08 | ๐”–๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ข๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ฏ
10 | ๐”˜๐”ญ ๐”ฆ๐”ซ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ฏ ๐ผ
11 | ๐”˜๐”ญ ๐”ฆ๐”ซ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ฏ ๐ผ๐ผ
12 | ๐”…๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ฆ๐”ซ'
13 | โ„‘๐”ฑ'๐”ฐ ๐”ง๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ก๐”ž๐”ถ๐”ฐ
14 | ๐”“๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ข
15 | ๐”–๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ญ๐”ญ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ค ๐”ฌ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ
16 | ๐”—๐”ข๐”ž ๐”ญ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฑ๐”ถ
17 | ๐”š๐”ข ๐”ค๐”ฌ๐”ฑ ๐”ฐ๐”ญ๐”ฆ๐”ฏ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ!
18 | ๐”—๐”ฌ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐‘ฐ
19 | ๐”—๐”ฌ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ
20 | ๐”—๐”ฌ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty]
[empty chp]
[empty]

09 | โ„Œ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ซ

262 19 5
By mtclouds

09 | ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫 - 

OCTOBER 7TH, 1989

     I was feeling anything but excited ━ sweaty palms, bottled up emotions and a heart beating faster than normal ━ I was anxious, but what for? That my dress was making me panic every five seconds and constantly pull at it to feel self-conscious? If people thought I was trying too hard to be noticed because I'm the new kid on the block needed to be seen to keep everyone on their toes? Or is it the fact that I will, more than likely, encounter Lucas at some point in time tonight? Or, or, or would it be the fact that everyone's eyes were on me as if I was a delicious chocolate shake?

I'm unsure, really, but it was overwhelmingly disturbing.

Despite every girl's jealous glare and fake smile, I could hear every whisper, every murmur, and every mumble underneath their breaths. There was a clear sense of intimidation in the air smelt from a mile away, but was I phased by their side eyes, and constant mugging? No, I was too busy worrying about getting hit on by the next jock.

It didn't take long for us to find our little crew huddled up in the living room corner playing a simple game of truth or dare. Marisol had quickly joined, giving the game a little twist of her own. For every truth or dare they rejected they had to take a shot of vodka. Everyone was skeptical at first but with a little bit of persuasion, they agreed.

A few rounds later, an argument was stirred in the midst of chaos. A challenge was appointed to Rocky. It was obvious he didn't like alcohol, but he kept denying saying he wasn't a punk and could handle anything that came his way. But Devon begged to differ. So, she took it upon herself to challenge him 10 shots back-to-back, no breaks.

Everyone watched Marisol line up ten shot glasses full of clear liquid before stepping away. She had set a time for them as they began downing each shot. They had gone through the first five glasses before Rocky started gagging and coughing up a storm.

"You good over there, Rock? Ya lookin' a little pale, buddy." Devon smirks, but all Rocky did was grumble, "Shut up..." before continuing to take his sixth shot.

At the last shot everyone's eyes fell on Rocky. He sat back on the couch, chill, as if it was nothing, as if it was light work. And I started to believe him until he burped and then gagged once again. From the looks of it, it seemed like he took it like a champ, but then he jumped up and ran off to the nearest trash can.

While everyone "ooh'd" at the loud sound of vomiting. Devon scoffed, "Weak ass," before downing her last shot and sat back in the loveseat with a red solo cup in the other.

Pushing myself from off the wall, I stalked off where Rocky was with Marisol behind me. Stood up straight holding onto the counter for leverage, he breathed heavily lifting his eyes to us. "Do you ever get tired of losing?" Marisol scowled as if he was a troubled five-year-old.

"Shut up, Mari." He rolls his eyes.

I shook my head telling her it wasn't the time before handing him a towel with a ping look of worry. "You okay, Rock?" I ask, watching as he wipes away the saliva from around his mouth and nods "Yeah, I'm good, thanks."

It was quiet between us, as I examined him one last time before giving a nod. "Ima get you some water, okay?" He nods and I step away leaving Marisol to badger Rocky some more. I walked into the kitchen searching for something else to drink. A drink that wasn't spiked, preferably water.

My face scrunched to the airy, alcohol-like taste lingering along my tongue as I walked closer to the stench of hard-core liquor burning through my nose. It sent a quick bothersome ache to my head as I groaned and pinched my nose spotting the excessive amount of alcohol lined up along the counter. Immediately I was triggered.

I turn my attention to a bowl filled with red liquid inside. I stood there for a good minute staring at the fruit punch settled at the end of the counter, pondering if I should take a sip or not. Impulsively I took a cup and filled it. I held it to my lips for a minute before tilting its rim to my lips and tasted the bitter yet sweet punch around my mouth.

immediately, my upper body hovered over the sink. The burning sensation in the back of my throat sends me on a coughing spree. Turning on the faucet, my hand cupped some water, and I began to rinse out my mouth. I repeated the action a few times till I couldn't taste it anymore.

I really didn't understand it ━ Why did everything have to be spiked? It wasn't necessary. I don't understand the excitement, I don't understand how it could arouse some people. It was a drug, it was toxic, it is toxic.

In the process of saving my throat, I heard a deep light-hearted chuckle from behind. "Oof, is it that bad?" Their voice spoke with concern as they watched me stand up straight, turn the faucet off and twirl around to see who was behind me while I dab the water from off my chin.

I recognized the dazzling blue eyes, blonde hair and musky scent of teakwood as it had a tendency to linger in the air. A scent I favored the most.

My knuckles turned a lighter shade of brown as I grip the counter tightly to keep myself from falling to my knees. My lips part in awe, coffee orbs growing soft mesmerized by the azure eyes zeroing on my pretty face.

His head was titled to the side like a curious dog as he gave me a charming smile, moving himself to lean against the counter with his leg crossed over the other and hands buried deep inside his pockets He wore a silver cross necklace rested at the top of his chest, small silver hoops, his blond hair had gotten a fresh trim and was slightly gelled back with a few strands in his face.

He wore a silk sage button-up that came down to his waist, over a white wife beater tucked into his creamy colored straight leg pants and white crisp Nikes. On his left wrist was a silver chain link and a black beaded bracelet with a couple of silver rings on both hands.

My eyes wanted to widen in size, feeling internally exhilarated by the sight of him. The way he made me feel sheepish is heart-rending, that feeling for him started to develop more like a crush little by little each time.

The longer I stood here staring at him, the longer I felt myself grow butterflies and completely forget what he was referring to. "I'm sorry?"

"The drink? Is it bad? I was going to get some, but from the looks of it," He pauses to go and take a sniff and cringes, "it doesn't seem all that good."

"O-oh, yeah, not my kind of drink, ya know?" I stutter, turning around to feel the heat rise along my cheeks. I took a red solo cup and quickly ran some water in before handing it off to Rock.

Lucas frowns and nods at him, "What happened to you? You don't look so good." He really didn't. He looked like a dying patient in need of some oxygen, but Marisol refused, shaking her hand at him. "You don't even wanna know." They watch her take Rocky back to his previous seat, setting down a trash can before him just in case.

Lucas snickered, looking over at me for an answer but all I did was shake my head resuming back to my searching.

"You look handsome." I complimented boldy, my cocoa eyes gaining the courage to look at him smiling softly at me and shrug nonchalantly.

"Thanks. Had to look the part, otherwise my friends would think I'm slackin'."

I made a face at him, "Didn't know you cared so much."

He shrugs, "I don't. I just do it to get them off my backs."

I nod and chuckle, "How considerate of you."

"Mm, I try." His hands buried into the depths of his pockets again as he eyed her casually looking into the fridge for something to drink. But all there was alcohol and spiked drinks.

What a bummer.

"You need something? You've been looking mighty hard over there."

"Yeah, I need a freaking soda," I said a little too harshly, "all these damn spiked drinks are pissing me off."

Lucas chuckles, pushing himself off the counter. Watching her getting a little irritated at the fact was cute, but he took her hand in his, catching her off. "C'mon. I got a secret stash hidden in the basement." he nods in the opposite direction.

I stood there like a statue, shut the fridge and stared at him as if he was crazy but I followed in pursuit. "You see me over there looking for a good 8 minutes looking for a nonalcoholic beverage and you're just now telling me you have a whole damn stash in the fucking basement?!" I exclaimed aggressively.

But he laughs, "I'm sorry I didn't realize that's what you were actually looking for. And you didn't ask, so...?"

I rolled my eyes playfully following his lead through the dining room that was currently occupied with a lot of people, people that seemingly wanted to act a fool as if they didn't have home training, as if they weren't going to get a hangover the next day. People including Colaー who wasn't too busy sweet talkin' someone's ear off to realize Lucas and I walking hand in hand down the basement.

And let's just say, she didn't look so happy, but Lucas didn't say much, and I wasn't gonna egg it on.

Fanta, coca Cola, Pepsi, crush 一 it was like soda galore, he had any and everything, he practically had what Liberty was looking for and then some.

I grabbed a snack pack of oreos and cheetos from out of a drawer before going over to the fridge and looking at the drinks he had. Leaning forward to grab a can of strawberry fanta, I could feel my dress rise up against my thighs. Annoyingly I tugged at it, standing up straight quickly to then feel Lucas come near and grab what I wanted, before going to rinse the top off and crack it open for me.

I thanked him, taking a few gulps to taste the sugary substance engulfing my mouth. I could feel my lips curl moaning at the heavenly taste. Lucas smiled at the sight of me innocently standing beside him as I drank the soda quietly, I was so evolved in my own little world that I disregarded the fact that his eyes kept staring at my face, every now then it traveled downward at the black bodycon that hugged every curve and pronounced every shape of my thick anatomy. 

With a white button up underneath, the collar was folded crisply, the sleeves were long and reached up to my hands and left an opening to reveal a rose necklace at the top of my chest. Marisol gave me light makeup, my braids were in a top bun and baby hairs were swept.

Before I could turn around to catch him gawking, his eyes had moved elsewhere. I was hoping to catch him, just so I could tease but I let it slide, thinking that he might blush out of embarrassment. He then cleared his throat, "You look beautiful tonight." His voice was soft, shy almost, as if he was scared to admit it, looking down at his fingers messing with his ring.

Normally, compliments were a tough pill to swallow. I never knew how to take it and always felt shy afterwards. When it came to my appearance, I felt self-conscious and insecure about every little thing, I picked at what wasn't attractive and what was. To hear him say I look beautiful inwardly made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I smiled, "Thank you." I shyly looked down at the can held in my hands and leaned back on the counter.

"No need to act bashful." Lucas hummed nudging his shoulder to mine playfully, "You always know how to look amazing, different from how you normally dress at school though."

I lowered the can from my lips and peered at him in concern, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"A good thing."

I sigh, "It's called being versatile, Lucas. I switch up when it's convenient."

He ponders, "sooo, does your personality change as well?"

I look at anything but him, as I thought carefully, "It depends."

"On what?" His brow raised at her, and I just looked at him and smirked. "Stick around and ya just might find out." I tease.

"Huh," Lucas hummed, poking his bottom lip out and nodding in understanding as he looked ahead. "Wasn't really planning on it... but since you said something, I think I just might do that."

I had started walking away, feeling him in pursuit and looked over my shoulder in surprise, "Oh? Did I convince you that easily?"

HIs hands were entwined behind his back taking slow strides up the steps, staying close behind as they strolled back upstairs to the kitchen "I'm a hard man to please, but for you? I will make an exception." He proposes.

"Well, don't I feel flattered." I counter jokingly.

"Personally, I think you should, it's not every day I make a girl feel that way."

I took it as a joke thinking he was being funny, automatically assuming this man could charm any girl that came his way, including me. However, when I turned around and saw how serious he was, my smile disappeared. "Wait, really? You were being serious?"

"What, you think I just go around flattering and charming girls all day?"

I looked at him in disbelief, "I mean, yeah. You have a whole fan base for example."

"Just because I, unfortunately, have that doesn't mean anything. I don't associate myself with girls, or people in general in that way. The only reason I have a "fanbase" is because of my parents, my face plastered on the news and modeling gigs I take."

"But you associate with me..." I point at myself.

"That's different." He claims.

"How so? What's so different about me from them?"

"I actually like to be around you; I actually want to see you every day.'' I frowned. He was frozen in place when I twirled around catching him off guard, I was certain he could feel his heartbeat pump harshly at his ribcage when we locked eye contact.

Our bodies were a couple inches apart, when I noticed the way, he looked between mine and his Adam's apple moved up and down, gulping down what I assumed was his nervousness. I tilted my head to the side and placed my hand at my hip and the other on the counter. A grin grew across my face allowing the amusement to sink in as I watched his lips part out of dumbstruck.

What poise did I possess? What attraction made him want to see me every day? We had only associated with each other for a good couple of weeks and already he was feeling some type of way? Had he always felt this way, ever since I came into the picture? Or was this out of the blue?

I couldn't tell and was scared to ask. I have a crush on him, no lie, but I keep myself in denial because I always thought I could never get with someone like him because I wasn't up to his standards, or his type all based upon the girls he surrounded himself with. However, who was I to think that? I barely knew him like that, yet I can't lie, hearing him speak these sweet words was making me feel some type of way. I'm not sure if this is all game or if he's being serious, either or, he had me intrigued.

His hands buried themselves inside the pockets of his pants. Out of shyness, he blows a raspberry as he looks up in thought rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet, "I...like being around you more than anyone else," he admits. "I like the fact that you don't fit in." He allowed his gaze to travel back down to me to feel the end of his lip curl. "You stand out from the rest. The way you hold yourself, how you think and speak openly, you have a different point of view from the others, your perspective on things and how you speak with such passion in your voice, it's soothing. You're very caring and sweet, have this peace about you that's very comforting and attractive." Spilling his guts out made him grow quiet, spotting how pleased I was to send his heart into a frenzy, mumbling out "But that's just a few things I've gathered over the course of us becoming acquainted."

"You're very observant hm?" I scanned between his eyes, liking the way they brightened in the matter of seconds.

"Sorry, it's a habit." He chuckles, nervously scratching the back of his head.

"I've noticed." I admit. "You have a tendency to stare absent-mindedly, especially in class."

"Well, when you have a quiet classmate of average height who radiates like a ball of sunshine and dressed as a cute bookworm it's kinda hard not to." He rambled quickly.

"Drawing attention to myself was the last thing I wanted..." I murmured, seeing something move and stand swiftly behind him. My eyes moved past his tall stature to suddenly feel my expression change at the sight of someone standing him with an angry face as she stared at the back of Lucas' head.

Lucas' brows knitted together in confusion when he noticed my posture had switched up. He heard someone clear their throat from behind, his head turning over his shoulder to see a certain brunette in his peripheral. His eyes mentally rolled as he turned completely to face her, "what?"

Her arms were crossed and with a stink face she glared between him and me. "So, you're ignoring me now?" and like an annoyed ex-boyfriend who wants nothing more but for his ex to leave him alone, he grumbles in irritation "what do you want?"

Yet she wasn't having it, "No, what is this? Are you trying to make me jealous or something? What are you tryna prove?"

"I'm not trying to do anything, you're the one assuming shit." He scoffed.

"You've been ignoring me for the past 2 weeks, all because of what? You're suddenly sucking up to the new girl now?!"

"Her name is Liberty by the way." He deadpans.

"Oooh, you even know her name?" she stated with a sarcastic undertone. "Well, does she know how much of an asshole you are?!" She points out.

The silence had grown tense between them, his steps growing slow as he got closer to her automatically, his height towering over her as he glared down at her in vexation. Cola's eyes stayed trained on him, not caring that he was bothered and annoyed with her right now, when all she wanted was some answers.

Though she did feel intimidated and scared just a little by the way he was looking at her. "I told you from the beginning, I'm over what you thought this was. This, has nothing to do with Liberty." He motions between them, "It's between you and yourself. I don't want you anymore, I don't want anything to do with you. What part of that do you not understand? Stop talking as if I'm the bad guy when really, we both know that's not true." He spews.

"I know you still want me," She insisted, and he scoffed at her, "I know you do. No other girl is gonna treat you like the way I did." I knew that was targeted to me, I saw the way her eyes looked at me when she said it, and honestly, I wanted to say something, I really did but Lucas responds with, "tch, yeah you're right, no other girl is gonna treat me like the way you did." My eyes slightly widened when I felt his arm wrap around my waist and pull me to his side, feeling his hands rest at my hip subtly. "I know better than that now." His words were confident and took me by surprise. I glanced away from cola to look up at Lucas already gazing down at me. "Wanna go hangout with your friends? I think they're playing another game."

I smiled a little and nodded, "Sure." He took initiative and led us back to the living room. I became aware that lately he hadn't been messing with Cola like she's been wanting him to. Her begging and nagging were starting to grow old on him and even seeing her made his skin crawl. If anything, he wished she could get the hint and just disappear.

I was about to remove myself from the kitchen for what felt like the tenth time tonight, when my body had accidentally and harshly bumped into someone else. The cold liquid splashed at the bottom of my dress causing droplets to roll at the side of my leg.

The sound of three girls gasping at the sight stifled some laughter when they saw two boys shocked by the impact. With my hands up in the air, I slowly lifted my gaze on them and gave a deadly glare, instantly making them shut up and scurry out of the kitchen in the opposite direction.

My lips grew thin, words weren't uttered ━ instead, the cup I held was settled on the counter and I proceeded to grab some napkins to wipe off the mess made. "Sorry, babe. Didn't see you there." The boy━ I collided with ━ looked at me with an apologetic smile.

Now it looked like I pissed myself, great.

"It's okay, I guess..." I didn't see how any of this was amusing to him, but I kept my comments to myself. I huffed at the big spot on my dress and scanned myself some more before tossing the napkins into the trash in aggravation. Whoever the guy was had taken a second glance at me as he was trying to depict who I was. "Can I help you?" I mugged, brushing my braid away.

He gulps, bringing himself closer and brushing his greasy hair from his face "So, I'm guessing you just got here, huh? How are you liking it so far?"

I still held a harsh glint in my eyes but played along anyway, "Kinda yeah, it's really not my scene, though." I murmured, bending over to make sure my heels were spotless, clueless of the guy's eyes probably glossing over me lustfully.

"S-So did you, uh..." He was trying his hardest to be charming, to get on my good side but all he was doing was getting in peoples' way while also bumping into me in the process. "Come alone or are you with someone?"

I grimace in disgust, looking around for Lucas only to be defeated when I spot him in the middle of a conversation off into the distance. "Came with friends." I curtly responded.

"Hmm," He licked his lips, humming. "Well, my name is Kevin." He introduces placing his hand on his chest with a smile.

I nod, "mhmm."

"And I know we haven't crossed paths at school before, but I have noticed you. You seem pretty cute and all but if you ever are in need of some company or you wanna go out sometime somewhere private I would gladly be happy to be that guyー"

I quickly cut him off. My hand in his face halting him from getting any further knowing where this was going. "Look, Kevin, I'm sure you're a charming guy and all but I'm really not that interested." I said kindly.

Yet he insists, taking my hand in his, "Aw come on, babe, you haven't even given me a chance." He pouts and I brush him off.

"I don't mean no disrespect, but I don't think with a few sweet nothings and trying to butter me up will get you a chance with me in bed." Rejection could be a pain in the ass, no doubt, but growing butt hurt about it was the last thing she expected from him. His face twisted in anger, he stepped back from me as if I was a disease and glared at me. "I wasn't thinking that at all." He grows defensive.

I scoffed with a roll of my eyes, "Tch, sure, whatever you say." I brushed past him thinking that was the end of the conversation, but Kevin wasn't letting up. My breath hitched back by the aggressive grip around my upper arm, hearing the sound of his voice had grown ill-mannered. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I snatched my arm away from him. My face instantly twists in relish, "I don't know you tell me; you were just invading my space not that long ago and now that I turned down your advances you're already upset."

Kevin raised his eyebrows at her, "I don't know where you got that stupid impression or thought from, but you're not my type."

"Oh yeah right, because taking rejection is such a sucky thing to do and instead of taking it like champ you decide to twist it around and think I'm just assuming shit so you don't look like a pussy in front of your girlfriends, I mean," I scoff ending it with a little chuckle as I scratched the back of my head, "I mean wouldn't want some lowlife, scum like you to fuck me anyhow. You look like someone's sloppy seconds anyways." I remarked giving him a nasty attitude before stepping away to create some space.

"Chances of us fucking is slim to none, sweetheart." He states making a "yikes" look.

"And your chances of getting pussy is slim to none, you stupid fuck." A wave of body heat hits against my backside when I feel a hard chest at the back of my head and an arm snake its way around my waist protectively catching a whiff of that heavenly scent.

His once adoring, charming smile was now replaced with a piqued glint as he glared menacingly at the asshole with a deflated look. His jaw clenched, "far as I'm concerned, you're still a virgin, Kevin. You've never seen or touched pussy since you came out of one, am I right?"

Kevin's lips grew thin, listing the cup up in acknowledgement. "Lucas," His demeanor had changed, almost as if he was nervous or scared, now able to keep eye contact with him any longer. "Nice seeing you. Didn't think you'd be here." I frowned, feeling a little nerve-wracking at the way some eyes stared at Lucas bringing me closer.

"Well, you are in my house so what's your damage?" He inquired, keeping it short and sweet.

"Nothing. I just didn't know parties were your thing." Kevin utters.

"It's not and being an asshole to my guest isn't my thing either." He retorts, "Next time you should just shut your mouth and leave the girl alone, if she's not interested then let it be, got It?" Kevin only nods glancing between the two of us and accepts his words in silence before leaving out of the kitchen.

Once we were in the clear, he detaches his arm from around her and rests at his side. He glanced down at the deep frown on my face and stiff posture. It sent his brows to knit in concern, "You okay?" His hand was placed where Kevin's was, remembering how it grabbed me the way that it did and I shrugged it off, telling him "Yeah, I'm cool. He just irritated me." I answered, brushing his hand away gently, not feeling like being touched right now.

"Guys, we're playing spin the bottle, come join!" Devon calls out.

Lucas kept his eyes steady on me as I walked into the living room to take a seat in the large circle to play a game of spin the bottle with truth or dare questions.

Everyone had a few rounds with one another, some luckier than others. Overall, it was an interesting game to witness. Lucas was seated on the floor between Nicholas and Rocky with his knees bent in front of him and arms wrapped around, entwining his hands together examining from a close distance.

There were a few times I was able to steal glances his way when he wasn't busy with a dare or distracted by one of the guys. He looked so laid back and chill, a subtle smile across his face and soft laughter whenever something was funny or just plain stupid.

She was amazed by how he claimed to be antisocial and yet somehow still managed to fit in with the crowd. It made her think maybe it was just his friends that made him feel that way, to make him feel lonely.

The bottle was spined, swirling round and round till it landed on me. My eyebrow raised at everyone oohing as I moved from my seat to pick from the truth jar, before i could even read it, Devon quickly took the paper from me and places it back in the jar with a shake or her head, "Aht, aht, you've already exceeded the truth jar. Do a dare."

My shoulders went slumped, and I whined, "I hate dare though! Pleaseeee, Dev! Just one more truth, I promise I will get a dare next time."

"Pick one or I'll do it for you." She persists.

"Oh my gosh." I huffed, proceeding to pick out of the dare jar. I sit back in my spot and open the piece of paper and read out loud, "congratulations you have been selected to play a small game within a game called 'seven minutes in heaven' Please spin the bottle to choose the next player!" I look up from the paper to watch everyone smile and chuckle as I stand in confusion. "What's seven minutes in heaven?' I asked.

Marisol snickers, "You'll see, spin the bottle, Dev." Devon leans forward and spins it, soon watching the way it slows down and stops, pointing in the opposite direction of her. Coffee eyes follow the direction it pointed and suddenly feel her face grow hot.

Everyone was cheering loudly behind her, she stared ahead at Lucas who looked up at her with an unreadable expression, the kind that wasn't sure if he was happy, nervous or scared but either way was feeling anxious.

They were suddenly ushered out of the living room, past the crowded scene and up the stairs to a room. They were pushed inside Lucas' room and quickly the door slammed behind them hearing cheering on the other side. As Liberty pounds on the door begging Marisol to open, through the dark she could see Lucas' figure moving around.

"Until I hear some smooching y'all ain't coming out!"

Her words made me confused no doubt. Smooching as in kissing? As in me and Lucas kissing in his bedroom? What was the point of this? I've never kissed before and the idea of doing that made me feel scared, why? I'm not sure. I turned around slowly to place my back against the door. With a defeated sigh, I stared ahead, "The fuck is seven minutes in heaven."

Lucas glances at the side of my face, "We have seven minutes in a dark closed space to do anything, typically the premise of the game is to kiss, make out or do other sexual activities but it could be anything really..."

Okayyy...

Liberty had her face in her hands mentally cursing her luck. Lucas on the other hand, awkwardly stood there glancing between her and the floor with his hands entwined in front of him and said, "so. . . Should we kiss or . . ."

My arms folded, I rocked on the balls of my feet and side eyed him, I scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous, Lucas." And push myself off the door to walk over towards the bed and plop down on it. "You haven't even asked me out on a date yet."

"Well, it's worth a shot. I mean I got plenty of time to."

"Ha ha very funny." I said sarcastically.

I hug myself feeling a little chill down my spine. Since it was a little cooler up here than downstairs, naturally the warmth disappeared from my body. I observed how spacious his room was: neat and well organized, something I didn't expect but was happy to see no clothes all over the floor. A dark wooden desk was settled on the right side of the room by his window that had some art cluttering its space, a shelf right beside it full of books and movies. "Make yourself comfortable."

I sat myself on the side of his bed glancing around some more to notice a photo frame settled on his nightstand beneath the lap. It was a blonde woman leaned against a tree trunk smiling down at a swaddled baby held in her arms and a blonde boy right beside her gazing at the baby. I was gonna say something pertaining to the photo but heard what sounded like a deep chuckle from behind. I turned around to look at Lucas' backside, "What?" I eyed him suspiciously, "what's so funny?"

"Well, it's...it's just...I'm just now realizing you're here, in my room, playing a game with a bunch of people you barely associate yourself with at a party..."

I looked at him confused, "Yeaaah, and your point is what exactly?"

"Never thought parties were your thing. Didn't think you'd step foot into one."

My expression goes blank and my head tilts. "Why'd you say that?" Don't get me wrong, I love to have fun and go out for a night with my friends, a night that doesn't involve alcohol or getting high of course, but I also like my space more.

"Because you don't look the party type. You're so quiet and usually to yourself, you don't scream wild parties, beer pong, sex, getting highーtypical things parties consist of."

"Well, you don't exactly know me, Lucas." I pointed out.

HIs stood there quiet for a moment and shrugs, sending me a smile. "We could always change that."

My eyes roll, "Didn't think bookworms were your type." I murmured, mainly to myself but he caught it.

He moves to sit beside me, "You believe that?" He asked.

"I believe... I'm stating how I feel..."

"Why do you feel that way? Is it because of who I am?"

"Maybe . . ." I egged, leaning back on my hands and placing my ankle over the other, moving my foot back and forth. I was feeling a wave of nerves rush over me, finding it hard to look at him as I was under what felt like the spotlight.

"Considering we have seven minutes and maybe even more to spare because Mari is crazy and desperate, I'm sure we have time to share." Which he was right, that was the whole point of this anyway. This is what Marisol wanted, to get us somewhere alone to talk. To speak about what we've been feeling for a short amount of time.

The constant eye glances, small convos, playful actions and looming over one another was a clear sign of us crushing. But was this normal? Natural even to feel this way so quickly? Was I just falling for his looks or was there really something there beyond that? This was the first boy I found cute and the first time acknowledging the fact he found interest in me.

"Self-centered brats aren't my type." He stated clearly referring to Cola and I chuckled, "Girls who have a kind heart and a loving spirit about them are my type and like I've said before, you hold yourself differently from others, I find your presences and intellect attractive and because of that, you have a way of carrying yourself confidently, you got a good head on your shoulders. Know how to be content with yourself, and the way you speak your mind...I like it, I like it a lot."

"I hear things, people gossip but I'm not like those other girls you mess around with once in a blue moon, I'm not that." I clarified and he knew that, he knew that full and well and yet, it didn't bother him.

"And you don't have to be, that's not what I'm after. You're perfect just the way you are." Lucas expressed, "Look...after the incident I had been thinking about you . . . more than usual and often it makes me feel some way. When you're on my mind, when you're around? I feel happy. I feel like I can be myself around you, I feel understood by you. I find myself thinking about you all the time."

I kept my eyes on him. My undivided attention, listening to every word he said honestly made the butterflies in my stomach swarm like crazy. The heat rising to my cheeks for the fifth time already created nerves within. It made me all the more curious yet scared of his next words.

"What if I told you I would like to take you out?"

"Take me out?" I ask in a shy, low tone, "Like...on a date?

His head shakes and gives one sided shrug, "It doesn't have to be." He insinuates, sitting up to look at me completely, "it can be casual if you'd like." I was submerged in quietness, contemplating if I should go along. I could tell he was serious, no sign of funny business in sight.

"What about your ex?"

"Which one?"

I gave him a look to which he smirked knowingly. "You know which one, the one that nearly chewed you out an hour ago."

"Oh, that one..." he said as if it was an aha moment.

"Yeah, that one..." I move in my position to face him, allowing my right leg to dangle from the bed. "Listen, Lucas, if what you're saying is true, then I'm all in, but just know I don't deal with mess. If she's gonna be acting stupid towards me, know that shits gonna get ugly. I'm not with the shenanigans. And if you're serious that you're done with Cola, I need to see it to believe it. I need to know you're really interested in me."

He nods in understanding, "I've been done with her. She's a chapter I've closed a long time ago."

"What if I'm boring to you?" I questioned and he laughed a little, "Then we can be boring together. Personally, I'm not all that special, Liberty."

"Hm" I hum, gazing at the clock.

"I'm sure our seven minutes are up already." Lucas goes to stand up about to walk towards the door.

I frown, "Wait . . .Aren't we supposed to kiss?"

"Already? We haven't had our first date yet." He smirks playfully but I deadpan. He turns to me fully with a raised eyebrow taken back by the look. "Do you even want me to kiss you? Do you feel comfortable enough?"

I was quiet in thought, a little confused, "...well, isn't that the main point of the game?" I asked, growing timid. "How are we gonna convince them that we kissed? You know that's what they're expecting once we get out of this room."

Lucas was quiet in thought for a moment, observing me from a distance. "Have you ever been kissed before?"

I looked at him innocently, eyeing between him and the floor as my lips twisted to the side. He sighs, shaking his head knowingly, "No, no you have not." He blows a raspberry and scratches the back of his head not sure of what to do. "Look as much as the others are looking forward to it. I'm sure deep down inside you're not ready, and I am not about to put you through that if you're not ready."

"Why...would I not be ready?"

"Because...if I'm not the one for you, I don't want you to regret a wasted kiss. I would hate to assume but you don't seem like the type of person to just kiss anybody. You seem like the type of person who would give her kisses to someone who is worth it."

"Do you not think you are?"

For a minute Lucas was stunned by the question, the wheels were turning, his brows were knitted together, I could even tell his teeth were chewing at the inside of his cheek. And for whatever reason he had a hard time answering me, he couldn't bring himself to respond. But then he tries to be amusing, "I don't know, am I? Most wouldn't say so." Allowing his shoulders to relax as he snickered.

Spur of the moment, I felt myself get up from the bed and walk over to him. His expression had fallen, when he realized how close I had gotten. I stood there, gazing between his eyes, hearing my heartbeat in my ears unsure of what to do. "Do you think I'm worth it?" He gulped, the pinkness in his cheeks suddenly turning red as his eyes became hooded and zeroed on between my eyes and lips.

I hated gut feelings, but they told no lies. In my gut, he was worth it. I felt he was worth it, but he didn't see his self-worth. "I believe you are. You just need some encouragement, that's all." I understood that he was conditioned to find worth in his popularity, fame and fortune, but not in his personality and what he was capable of. I knew he was more than what people painted him to be, instead he needs a little bit more motivation and push in the right direction.

With his back against the door, he pulled me into him by my waist. He kept them there, and instead of maneuvering elsewhere, he kept us in place. Transfixed on the feeling of our noses brushing, lifting my head back a little while he drooped and cocked his down to press our lips firmly against one another. 

Simultaneously we inhaled through our noses, hearing the sound of our lips smacking after each departure, pecking to taste the strawberry fanta along our mouth. He took the lead to move our lips in a slow, gentle rhythmic motion. My hands finding their way to his shirt, gripping at his waist as I completely submerged myself into him. I was quickly addicted and effectively pleased by how well we responded to one another. 

I could feel his hands move inward along my lower back to direct my body closer to his, pressing my chest to his abdomen, my own moving to cup the sides of his, feeling the way his jawbone moved beneath the pads of my thumbs, loving how I caressed along his cheeks soothingly encouraged him to tilt his head to the side and lick at my bottom lip. 

My brows knitted in confusion as he kept doing it, curiously parting them, I could feel his tongue slither in between my lips and collide with mine. Out of shyness and embarrassment my cheeks grew hot, liking the way our tongues wrestled with one another and my breathing becoming heavy and hitched. 

My legs quickly clenched together feeling a certain wet sensation between my thighs, as I wanted to feel some type of friction 'Lucas" Unexpectedly I didn't expect myself to moan and although it was subtle and sweet I couldn't help but to break away.

"Sorry..." I apologize sheepishly covering my mouth, to look between him and the floor timidly.. I watched the way his eyes looked at me out of adoration, rubbing the pad of his thumb across the bottom of his lip to get rid of the excess saliva and sticky substance of my lip gloss. "Nah, it's cool," He excuses, watching me step forward to wipe away my lip gloss from his mouth only to leave tiny specks of glitter but keep wiping in hopes it would come off. "It's nothing to apologize for, we were just enjoying ourselves, right?"

I looked at him, feeling my lips curl a little but I rolled them in not wanting to seem complacent. deep down inside he knew, he knew I enjoyed every second of it. That's why he had that stupid smirk on his face.

"You're really gonna have to take me on that date now." I assured him, taking notice of his lip tucked beneath his teeth trying his hardest not to cheese. By the way his hand cupped my chin and his thumb rubbed at my lips, I assumed he missed my kiss. His eyes were in pure heaven as he kept them glued on me, feeling more than he should, "Oh, don't worry I was counting on it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 2K 37
๐™‘๐™ž๐™ซ๐™–๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™– ๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐˜พ๐™€๐™Š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ. ๐˜ผ๐™ž๐™จ๐™๐™– ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฅ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™™๐™ก๐™š ๐™˜๐™ก๐™–๐™จ๐™จ ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™‘๐™ž๐™ซ๐™–๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ž...
122 1 2
Read to see what happens
296K 13.5K 43
We're both broken and torn apart. We've been through so much and we don't know where to start, but as long as we're together we don't have to travel...
1.8K 436 43
Book 1~ #1 Me Series [#161]loveatfirstsight [#1]Midnightawards2018 [#438]humour [#77]Interesting [#115]blackgirl [#68]WOC Im a girl,Ive lived in an o...