Reincarnated as an overpowere...

By knightleyRead

After years of being adored and loved by millions of fans around the world, famous singer, Joan Tannin, has h... More

Chapter 1: Joan Tannin's reincarnation
Chapter 3: A Magical skill is Revealed
Chapter 4: A Promise is Made
Chapter 5: The will of Khione
Chapter 6: The Mission Begins
Chapter 7: Aschernsteld's Renewal - Part 1

Chapter 2: A New World

1.3K 92 14
By knightleyRead

With that, my pitch black world of nothingness became silent again, but then suddenly turned into a world full of color and noise. I was laying in a large field of long green grass with beautiful wild flowers sprouting out randomly in bushels from the ground.

As I looked out across the valley and at the hilly fields and tall forest trees and fresh water stream nearby and the huge icy mountains far in the distance, it took me a minute to realize that I was stark naked. I was thankful that nobody was around to see me, a random nude lady, relaxing in the grass. My body pretty much looked the same as I had remembered it, so I guessed that Fred guy had chosen to give me my old body.

I turned around and noticed a wooden wagon without a horse balancing on the ground. I looked around to see if anyone was near by, possibly the owner of the wagon maybe, but I didn't see anyone.

The wagon was quite cool, it looked like those medieval wagons you see in historical television dramas or fantasy games.

The wooden exterior was coated in some kind of varnish and railings were painted sea blue. Pretty blue and red material was hung over the windows to create some kind of screen to keep the sun from filtering into the wagon and material lamps were hung around the sides. 

I climbed up the wagon's steps to get into the wagon and saw that it was spacious inside. There was an elevated section that was layered with fluffy blankets and pillows, which looked like it would make quite a comfortable sleeping spot. There was a wooden desk built into the side of the wagon as well as shelves nailed into the sides of the cabins' walls. You couldn't see it at first glance but there was a small hatch that lead to the roof of the wagon. I guessed it would make a nice perch for sitting on when driving around in the wagon.

I opened one of the shelves and found a few medieval looking dresses (shapeless with bad fabric), when I brought them to my body I noticed that they were just my size.

I put a long-sleeved blue dress on and I felt that it really did fit, except that it was quite stiff and the material it was made out of was coarse and dry and made my skin itch. When I looked back into the cupboard I saw that there was a white blouse/undergarment for the dress. I quickly put it on under the dress and was grateful for the relief from the scratchy material.

As I scanned over the wagon one more time I noticed a weird scratch in the middle of the left wall of the wagon, I leaned into it, to get a closer look. It read:

from Fred, to Joan.

"Thanks Fred." I called out, hoping that he could hear me wherever he was.

I guess this wagon was my 'welcome to your new life' present. I was quite pleased with it, especially as I did some more digging around the wagon and found a sack of silver coins. As well as a pair of boots, a large straw hat, a big leather-bound book that said 'Book of magic' on the cover in a language that wasn't English but that I could somehow read, some pots and pans, a few weapons, various other things, and finally a mirror.

I picked up the mirror to see what deformity Fred had given me, that was the deal I had struck with him after all. If I was going to go through with this reincarnation I wanted something to ensure that people would stay away from me. Since I had already seen my naked body and knew nothing was wrong with me in that department, I knew it had to be my face.

I brought the mirror up to my face and carefully inspected every inch of my visage. There was nothing wrong with me. In fact, Fred had made me prettier.

My once light brown hair had become an amazing shade of ginger and my dark brown eyes had become a similar but brighter color than my hair which made me look really otherworldly. He had smoothened out my skin and had gotten rid of all my pimples. As I look down at my chest I realized that Fred had upgraded those as well, they looked like they were at least a cup size bigger.

I cupped my hand out in front of my mouth, breathed into my hand and then took a sniff. My breath was uncommonly minty fresh.

I lifted up my arms and stuck me head under my armpit. I took a sniff and was further surprised that I smelt so good.

I was kind of digging my new look and smell when I realized that Fred had completely broken his word. He promised that he would make me someone people would want to stay away from. From what I was looking at, the only thing he had done to me was make me prettier and that wouldn't keep people away at all.

I marched outside my new wagon and jumped out onto the soft grass and yelled up as the sky.

"Fred! You broke your promise!" I shouted angrily up at the clouds.

"No I didn't" that same old gentle voice flooded into my mind.

"Yes you did!" I shouted back up at the clouds angrily. "Look at me! You made me prettier, if anything this new body will attract people to me!" I growled.

"Miss Joan, I think you heard wrong. I promised to make you 'unordinary'. That was all I promised. And I kept my word by giving you a very rare hair color in this world. That light reddish hair will really make you stand out. I also gave you some really great magical powers, so you really are unordinary... just like I promised..."

I deadpanned. A rare hair color would definitely not keep people away from me, if anything it would draw people's attention. Furthermore, magical powers..?

I have to admit that sounded pretty cool, but not at all what I asked for. This Fred was pretty sneaky for such a gentle voice.

"Anyways Miss Joan. I've gifted you that wagon and everything inside it for your new life, I also setup an interesting backstory for you, but don't worry about that now, those memories will be implanted in you later...

I would like to point out to you, that you don't have that much money so I would suggest making your way to the nearest town to earn some coins."

I could hear the slyness in the old man's voice. He really wasn't giving up on me experiencing this life of love and happiness anytime soon. Now he was even trying to get me to go and meet people in some town.

"I am afraid that I must stop all communication with you from here on out Miss Joan." His normal languid gentle way of speaking returned.

"Good luck Miss Joan." And with that, radio silence.

I sighed an exhausted sigh, knowing that I had lost that argument with Fred. In the end he had gotten everything his own way. And part of me was wandering if that was such a bad thing... maybe it would be nice to make some friends and find that forever sacred 'love and happiness' he kept on nagging on about. Maybe just maybe, I could live that kind of life.

I looked out again across the open hilly field with the clear stream that ran through the middle of it. This place was breathtakingly beautiful. I wondered how many other beautiful places like this there were in this world. That's when an idea sparked in my mind. Maybe I should become a traveler, I could be someone that could travel from place to place and see everything this world had to offer. I was sure to meet some people on my way, but I could also enjoy the solitude of riding around this world in my wagon. It was like a win-win compromise with Fred.

Yes that's what I would do! My very own mission: See Everything, Go everywhere, and be free. That would be my life. I was starting to get pretty excited.

But before I went adventuring, I wanted to learn more about my magical powers, so I climbed back into my wagon and reached for the Book of magic that I had seen earlier on one fo the shelves. I then cozied up against all the pillows and blankets and settled down for a good reading session.

Hello Guys, so this is my latest book. Be warned I am planning on making this book a bit more mature, and that means this book will likely cover more mature themes: violence, sex etc. So just be warned;) Anyways Please vote and comment! Thank you for reading!! I hope you like my story:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 438 14
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE
471K 17.6K 69
Reincarnated Series #01 Isabelle loves reading books, especially novels. One time, she read a famous novel called 'Grow Old with You'. Isabelle was...
86.8K 2.5K 19
Warning: 18+ ABO worldα€€α€­α€― α€‘α€α€Όα€±α€α€Άα€›α€±α€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€•α€«α€žα€Šα€Ία‹ α€…α€­α€α€Ία€€α€°α€Έα€šα€‰α€Ί ficα€œα€±α€Έα€™α€­α€―α€· α€‘α€•α€Όα€„α€Ία€œα€±α€¬α€€α€”α€Ύα€„α€Ία€· များစွာ α€€α€½α€¬α€α€Όα€¬α€Έα€”α€­α€―α€„α€Ία€•α€«α€žα€Šα€Ία‹
993K 42.4K 88
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...