Fairy Tail: The Elemental Sla...

By cowboydinkie

This story features an OP (Y/n), who is a Fairy Tail mage. She follows the Fairy Tail storyline with the occa... More

Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: Hunting Laxus
Chapter 3: Another Dragon Slayer?
Chapter 4: Seeing Old Faces
Chapter 5: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 6: Best friends or Ex- Best Friends?
Chapter 7: Quests and Shopping
Chapter 8: Flushed Faces and Stitches
Chapter 9: Dangerous Mermaids
Chapter 10: Illusions
Chapter 11: Zeref's Demon
Chapter 12: Phantom Lord
Chapter 13: Apocalypse
Chapter 14: Inner Demons
Chapter 15: Memory Loss
Chapter 16: Vacation Gone Wrong
Chapter 17: The Tower of Heaven
Chapter 19: Who are You
Chapter 20: The Alliance
Chapter 21: Oracion Seis
Chapter 22: Fighting With Erza
Chapter 23: Between Midnight
Chapter 24: Arrogant Lap Dog
Chapter 25: Sweet Endings

Chapter 18: Sacrifices

3.8K 132 11
By cowboydinkie

***

"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

"Welcome to the Tower of Heavan. I am Jellal, the Master of this tower and game. In order for you to win, you have to defeat me. But to get to me you have to get through several life threatening obstacles. You have until Etherion, the most destructive power in this land, hits. Good luck!" he cackled evilly.

There are always ways to cheat in a game.

***

Narrator's P.O.V.

"No matter how fast you can requip or what armor you have," smirks a pink haired girl wielding a katana, "My sword can cut through it all!"

She brings her sword down upon a certain red head, laying face down on the ground. Erza struggles to get up. Ikagura had broken all her armors and beaten her countless times. She has no armor left.

Sho has been defeated earlier when he stepped foot into the room decorated like a traditional Japanese bridge in a lake. Ikagura severed all his tendons and he lies crumbled against a pillar.

"This is the end for you, Erza Scarlet!" She declares victoriously as she drove her sword down.

***

Your P.O.V

"Not if I have something to say about it." I reply, dashing in front of Erza and grabbing the descending blade.

I clutch the blade which cuts into my hand causing blood to drip down. The pink haired swordswoman's eyes widens. I grin sadistically and shove the katana sideways and Iron Dragon's Club her in the stomach.

She flies back but lands on her feet. Her eyes lock with mine angrily.

"Who are you?" she sneers while holding the hilt of her katana which is back in its sheath.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" panics Erza trying to push herself off the ground.

"You!" splutters the pink haired woman, "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"Well then . . . if that's the case . . ." I narrow my eyes at her and coat my fists in poison, "I wonder how it feels to be defeated by a ghost?"

Her eyes narrow in anger and frustration as I hurtle towards her. As soon as I get close enough, I kick her hand off the hilt and then punch her in the stomach. Sending her into one of the remaining pillars from her and Erza's fight.

I walk up to her and pick her up by the collar.

"I thought you were from that Assassin's guild." I whisper in her ear and dropping her onto the floor, "You're pathetically weak for an assassin."

I turn to walk to Erza but all of a sudden my torso starts to spray blood everywhere. I spin around to attack that girl but she isn't where I had left her.

"Above you, (Y/n)!" yells Erza.

'Iron Dragon's Kunai'

Thousands of kunai form above me and fly towards the girl. Like I expected she cuts them all up but it bides me time to move out the way and cauterize the cuts on my chest.

"Now you are finally showing me your skills, Assassin." I smirk, flexing my fingers, "Scarlet. Take the blonde boy and get out of here."

"But (Y/n) . . ."

"Get out." I growl in a no nonsense tone, "Go after Jellal."

The pink girl wasn't going to let them go, she jumps towards them and starts to slash her sword.

'Earth Dragon's Wall'

A large wall rises from the ground and gets destroyed by her sword. Once the dust clears, Erza and Sho are out of sight.

"What do you think you were doing?" I drawl out slowly while tilting my head at her, "Your opponent is here."

She narrows her eyes and rests her hand on the hilt of her sword.

"Now you're getting it . . ." I grin sadistically, "I love that look in your eyes, Assassin."

"My name isn't 'Assassin', it's Ikagura. Use it." she snarls back.

"I see, Ikagura."

It rolls off my tongue smoothly. I shoot her a smirk and shatter the pillars beside her, raining debris all over her. While she is distracted, I run at her with the scythe in hand. Just as I am twisting my body to land a clean cut, my old wound re-opens itself and makes me drop to the ground in agony.

"Shit." I groan out clutching my chest.

"Well, well, well . . ." I hear the smugness in her voice, "Look what we have here."

I sit up on my elbows and look up at her. I did nothing. She grins sadistically this time. I see the glint in her eye.

I roll over just in time to see the blade pierce the ground where my neck would've been. She tuts and pulls her sword out the ground. I take the chance and cauterize the wound again.

I get up and pick up my scythe. I am not a trained swordsman like Erza is and I have not mastered any sort of intense fighting with a sword or weapon of any kind. All I know are the basics and that will not help in any way against one who is specializes in sword fighting. This means that myself and Ikagura are unevenly matched when it comes down to clashing swords, which meant that I am losing. Heavily.

She has everything on her side when it comes down to sword fighting. Speed, agility and skills. But I have everything when it comes down to magic. This is a game I am playing and there is a way to cheat in any game.

Ikagura never moves much when she's attacking. If she did she was too fast for even me to see. I will just use her lack of movement to my advantage. I will force her to move.

'Iron Dragon's Spikes'

Large spikes protrude from the ground at ridiculous speed towards her. I take the chance when she gets distracted and move in closer. She simply cuts my spikes into tiny bits but by the time she had done that I am behind her. I am speed too.

"Surprise, Ikagura." I whisper in her ear as I materialize my scythe.

I watch her eyes widen as I land my blow. I smirk inwardly but imagine my surprise when she manages to parry off my scythe. I narrow my eyes annoyed.

'Water Dragon's Roar'

I watch her get blast back by the water. I do not have time to fool around anymore. Etherion is going to fire soon.

'Lightning Dragon's Roar'

The yellow beam hits her head on, her screams can be heard all over the room. All that I can see is smoke. I walk towards her, on the way I pick up her sword. As I get close enough, I ram the sword next to her head into the ground.

"Was fun . . ." I chuckle, "But I got bored."

With that I walk off towards the door. Etherion is going to fire soon and I need to find Jellal. My keen sense of smell should be able to help me out here. As I sniff around, I could catch a faint scent of Erza lingering. So I follow that.

Soon the scent gets stronger and it leads me to an open door. As soon as I step through my chest starts burning. I look down and the wound looks worse for wear. Was the sword from that green haired dude poisoned? I do not have time to ponder, I carry on walking through.

Imagine my surprise when I see Erza straddling Jellal with a sword pointed at his neck. This is going to be interesting.

"You haven't completed the R-System have you?" Erza states, "I have been researching the R-System for the past 8 years."

"Well, well, well . . ." Jellal smirks, "I have told you, haven't I? You are the sacrifice."

"No, there's something more important that you are lacking . . ." Erza begins.

"A few brain cells, perhaps?" I interrupt.

"(Y/n)?" exclaims Erza.

"Hi . . ." I reply waving casually before looking at the blue haired idiot, "You are missing magical power . . . a tremendous amount."

"Yes you are correct." he smirks.

"You plan on getting it from the Etherion blast aren't you?" I prod.

"You've got yourself a smart comrade there, Erza." Jellal congratulates.

"Now Scarlet, if you don't mind you should probably get off Mr. Idiot over there." I say, "We have a thing to do."

"We do?" she asks confused, getting up from Jellal.

"Yes." I smirk evilly, "We are going to tear this tower to pieces."

Jellal scrambles up and glares at me. I shoot him a what-are-you-going-to-do look while lighting up my hand. He keeps glaring so I release a fireball at the wall. It tears a hole in the wall and Jellal strides towards me angrily.

"I built this tower for 8 years. I am not going to let some stupid kid destroy it." he roars angrily.

"We shall see." I snarl, dropping the aloof act.

"Heavenly Body Magic: Meteor!" he casts.

Blinding yellow light surrounds him for a split second before he appears in front of me. He is incredibly fast, landing blow after blow upon my body. Soon after numerous amounts of hits, I erect a fire shield around my body preventing him from landing more hits on me unless he wants to get burned. I feel the burn in my chest as I watch him float in the air.

"I know the one assassin I sent after you managed to land a hit on you with a poisoned sword." he laughs, "You needn't hide it from me."

I smirk and drop the fire shield. The move Meteor enhances his speed, it makes his attacks almost impossible to avoid. I have to either match his speed or outsmart him and I do not think I can do either of them at the moment. My power on the other hand should easily overpower him when I am healthy but at the moment it rivals his.

We continue to have a glare down. Erza has done no damage to the tower yet.

'Iron Dragon's Kunai'

Summoning thousands of kunais was easy, the difficult part was for them to hit Jellal. Somehow only 1 was on target. It embeds into his arm, not very on target then since I aimed for his neck. He tuts as he pulls it out of his arm.

"Let me show you how to use one." He grins sadistically as he advances towards me.

"Show me." I say.

Before I could even register that he was in front of me, he had already plunged the kunai into my old wound and twisted the blade. I can only grunt from the pain as he keeps twisting. I latch my hand onto his wrist and begin to squeeze it. He narrows his eyes as he lets go of the kunai from the pain in his wrist. I take the chance to bend his wrist and twist his arm behind his body.

'Fire Dragon's Sword Horn'

It launches him across the room and into the wall. I start breathing heavily. The fatigue's catching up and he isn't even done yet. He laughs madly as he pulls himself out from the debris. He mouths to me 'my turn'.

"Jiu Leixing!"

Nine lightning swords strike me all at once. All I could do is let out a heavy 'oof' as I collide with the wall. The wound is now bleeding heavily. I laugh to myself. Is this where it all ends? Me getting beaten by a guy possessed by a spirit chasing a dead dream?

All the blood loss is making me delirious, the room starts to spin and my eyesight is blurring.

"Let me help you with that wound, (Y/n)." Jellal smirks as he walks up to me.

He pulls the kunai out and cut into my chest.

"If I get rid of the poisoned flesh . . . Don't you think the poison will stop spreading?" he grins manically.

I close my eyes and bite the inside of my mouth until I draw blood.

'Lightning Devil Slayer's Discharge'

Blue lightning leak out my body and latch onto Jellal, shocking him like crazy that his eyes turns plain white. Drenched in blood, I struggle to push myself up. When I did, I drive a fire infused fist into his stomach and sprawl him several feet away from me onto the ground.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" worries Erza from the other side of the room.

"Maybe I would've been if you helped." I grunt sarcastically.

I try to cauterize the wound again but this time it wasn't working. However for some strange reason, I stopped bleeding completely, like the blood all clotted up. I did not ponder on it any longer.

I watch Jellal get up from the ground. I am about to launch another attack when I sense a large magical presence heading closer and closer. 

Shit, Etherion! 

I run towards Erza and push her towards the ground. She looks at me very confused.

I close my eyes and summon a dome using my Chaos Dragon's Apocalypse.

Etherion hits as soon as my dome closes itself around us. I feel Erza tense under me as she grabs my stolen blood stained jacket. I focus on keeping the dome up. Etherion's a powerful attack and Apocalypse can only do so much as shown by the Jupiter attack.

"I can't hold it back any longer." I mutter trying to think of a way to help our situation, "Don't move."

I slowly losing consciousness from magical exhaustion. Just as I am about to pass out, I receive a sudden burst of energy. I open my eyes and saw that Erza's transferring some of her magical energy to me.

"Stop, save it. You need to take down Jellal." I mutter tiredly to her, "Don't argue with me."

I close my eyes again and drop on top of Erza. The dome disperses the Etherion attack it absorbed and fades out of existence. I make sure I covered every part of Erza and take Etherion head on. The pain's indescribable. What took only ten minutes to release felt like hours. When Etherion finally finishes, I roll myself off Erza and onto my back.

"(Y/n)!" she cries desperately as she grabs my head, "Stay with me!"

"AH HA HA HA HA HA!!" laughs Jellal raising his arms, "The R-System is complete!"

"Jellal!" yells Erza angrily, "YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"

"Time for the sacrifice, Erza Scarlet." he smirks evilly, "Are you ready?"

"You ain't using her for no sacrifices while I'm still around." I grumble from my place on the floor.

"You're practically dead after being hit by Etherion." he smirks, "You can't do anything."

I struggle to get up and when I did I nearly collapsed again but I manage to grab onto what was a wall and hoist myself up. I use my remaining strength to break a piece of the wall.

"You are mistaken." I grin while biting into Etherion, "I am an Elemental Dragon Slayer."

"And? How can that save you? After all you were literally beaten to a pulp." sneers Jellal.

"Seems like somebody hadn't done their research." I mock waving the piece of Etherion around, "This is pure energy. A mixture of all elements . . ."

"Shit!" he finally realizes, "You plan to recover on Etherion crystals!"

"Bingo!" I smirk chomping down on the last piece in my hand.

I feel the surge in magical power running through my veins. Majority of my injuries are now healed.

"And not only that . . . Nii-San has joined the fray." I smirk again, "We will send you to your grave."

Right on cue, Natsu bursts through the open doors.

"Hey, Nee-San. Some really bright light appeared and now the tower is all blue." says Natsu.

"Yeah, it's this guy. He's tryna use Scarlet over here for some sort of sacrifice." I explain.

I watch Natsu conjure fire into his hands. As soon as they appeared Natsu heads straight for Jellal. Watching them fight is like watching a very fluid dance routine. Jellal's an expert at dodging all of Natsu's attacks and Natsu on the other hand is too slow to dodge Jellal's Meteor enhanced attacks. Jellal seems to have had enough of Natsu and lands a blow upon him that sends him hurtling down. Before he hits the ground I catch him.

"Hey, kid. You alright?" I ask to which he nods his head weakly, "Right you stay here, I'm going to end him."

"No. I will end all of you before you even touch me, Dragon Slayer." Jellal boasts confidently.

"We shall see." I retort calmly.

"We won't need to." He grins evilly as he gets into position, "Grand Chariot!"

I watch as magic seals form around me into what looks like a constellation. I will not be able to protect anyone here but myself.

'Chaos Dragon's Apocolypse'

His attack rains down on me while I raise the chaos cloak above me, absorbing the attack. Once the attack stopped blinding me, I return the attack tenfold back to Jellal. I watch him plunge into the ocean and then turn to see my comrades littered on the ground.

"That was unexpected, little Dragon Slayer." comments Jellal up in the air again, "However you won't hit me again."

"Maybe she won't, but I will." coughs out Natsu as gets up crunching down on Etherion.

He starts screaming in pain. Stupid kid, it contains other elements other than fire. However the Etherion boost manages to get him into Dragon Force mode. It's entertaining, watching him match with Jellal's power and speed. Soon the Etherion I consumed wears off and I feel sluggish again.

I slide onto the ground and watch him send Jellal into the ocean for the second time today. Natsu collapses onto the ground choking from the after effects of Etherion. The building starts to crumble and shake. The ground splits in half and starts to break away.

Erza grabs onto my shoulder and starts to heave me up. I push her hand away and get up on my own.

"Scarlet, take Nii-San and get out of here." I tell her.

"No! I am not leaving without you!" she argues.

"If you don't leave without me, you are not going to leave alive." I retort angrily, "Now get Natsu and get out of here!"

I push her towards Natsu and start to make my way towards the jelly looking orb-like thing in the middle of the room. This is where the sacrifice must go and where someone has to go to absorb all the magic.

I stick my hand into the jelly. Good, it is still accepting of a sacrifice. I keep pushing until my shoulder was in.

"(Y/n)! What the hell are you doing?!" yells Erza desperately with tears forming in her eyes.

"Giving you two a chance to live." I yell back, my body half way in already.

"No!" she cries, "Get out of that, you'll be killed!"

"I think that's the sacrifice I have to make, to make sure my friends are safe." I sigh regretfully but not really regretting it, "Look after Natsu will you?"

"I'm not letting you die on me!" she screams as she runs with Natsu to the orb.

"It'll be okay. Don't cry." I give a lazy smile as my whole body submerges into the jelly, "Go on and live, live the life I would never be able to."

"No! Not without you!"

"I wouldn't be able to live properly anyways. I lost five years, I lost everything in that five years. To me dying is not a problem, I already have nothing to live for. It pains me. But it's okay. I'll watch over you all." I say simply as I sink further into the jelly.

I am going to give you all a second chance, a second chance that I never got.

***

A/N:

Hello friends!

Here's a chapter for those in Europe, Happy Christmas! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I'm dropping two chapters when I celebrate Christmas (which is tomorrow), so stick around for that.

Also this chapter is dedicated to @CatrAdora321 who is always reading my chapters in class while "doing" work. 

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday season, my friends.

~Your Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 1.4K 28
I've been reading a lot of stories of Sting X Reader X Natsu, or Sting X Reader, or Natsu X Reader, and have had a lot of inspiration. So that's wher...
306K 6.8K 52
[Sting × Fem!Reader × Rogue] (FROM THE SUBBED VERSION OF FT) ~~~~~ (Y/N) (L/N). She was a water mage. Her mother, Mizura, taught her everything she n...
79.7K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
5.4K 110 18
{[Fairy Tail]} (Don't read this unless you like cringe. Thanks) (First fanfiction - 2017?) Hiya! So, this is my top OTP's in Fairy Tail! Not a one sh...