The Royal Crush

Da therandomphantom

'Once upon a time, there was a girl who hauled her ass out of bed and dragged it all the way to school. That... Altro

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

13

270 13 0
Da therandomphantom

The next morning, I was up early. I quickly scarfed down my breakfast and rushed to my car.

"What's wrong?" Keith asked, sitting in the passenger seat. I backed out of the garage and drove down the driveway, fiddling with the music system.

"Nothing," I said.

"Did Carson bother you?"

The car swerved and I fought to keep control. "What?! How do you know?"

"I saw her enter your room last night," he said.

"Yes," I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No Keith, I do not want to talk about it," I said angrily. He shrugged.

When I reached school, I stomped off to the locker. I didn't know why I was so angry, I just knew I was. I saw that Adrian was waiting by my locker and shook my head.

"Adrian, I'm really not in the mood to talk right now."

"Um, ok," he said as I opened my locker. "I just wanted to-"

"With all due respect Adrian, fuck off," I said taking my books out. He looked surprised. 

"Why are you being so difficult? I-"

I slammed my locker shut, glaring at him. "Get the fuck away from me!"

People stared but I couldn't care less. I was pissed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dylan asked, putting an arm around my shoulder. I wriggled out of his hold.

"Nothing," I said.

"Hey Vivi," Dylan called out, waving her over from where she was talking with Cedric at her locker. They both walked over.

"Hey, what's up?" Vivi asked.

"What's wrong with Chloe?" Dylan asked.

"I'm standing right here, you know," I informed him. "And nothing's wrong with me."

"Why do you seem so... angry?" Cedric asked.

"I am not angry! I'm not mad! I'm not pissed! Okay?!" I yelled.

"Okay..." Vivian said, eyebrows raised.

I rolled my eyes and hurried to class. I sat down and tried to calm myself down. I knew I was being irrational, I knew I would just end up hurting those around me. But this was just my defense mechanism. I was pissed at Carson and scared and I was taking it out on everyone else.

"Hey," a smooth voice said quietly, sitting down next to me. 

I sighed. "Hey Caleb."

Alexa sat on my other side. "Heyyy, Chlo."

"Sup Alex."

"Why so gloomy? Didn't get to see your chocolate boy this morning?" Alexa teased. Caleb suddenly looked very interested.

"Shut up, Alexa," I warned.

"Ooh, why so touchy? Trouble in paradise?" she continued.

"Who's chocolate boy?" Caleb asked.

"None of your business," I snapped. "And Alexa, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh please. I thought, no way they're friends, they're best friends, we're all best friends, if something was up she'd tell me. But I was wrong, wasn't I?" Alexa said. She actually looked hurt.

"Alexa I'm sorry. It was a prank, ok? We just wanted to pull off something on you guys but we really didn't mean to hurt you. It was just a prank," I said.

"Well it wasn't funny," Alexa muttered and turned away. I put my head in my hands. This day just kept getting worse and worse.

"So, are you going to Sean's party tonight?" Vivi asked.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay in tonight," I said.

"Oh come on," Dylan said. "If it's a date problem, I'll go with you,"

"No it's not that, it's just... a bad day," I said.

"Look if it's about what I said earlier, I'm sorry. It was a really good prank, it worked," Alexa said.

"What prank?" George asked, confused.

"You told her?!" Cedric, Vivi and Dylan said. 

I sighed. "Yeah, I told her. George, the whole me and Dylan thing was a prank,"

"What? I don't und- oh wait, you and Dylan flirting and- oh that was a prank?!"

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'.

"Just come to the party, Chlo," Alexa said.

"Yea, what are you gonna do at home anyways? Especially with your parents and brother and his gi-"

My eyes widened. "I'm coming."

"Yay!" Alexa squealed and side hugged me.

Keith rolled his eyes. He hated parties. But that was one place he couldn't skip because the chances of danger are higher, apparently. I don't even get why I need a bodyguard. It's so unnecessary. But I liked having Keith around, I was used to it.

After school I went straight to Vivi's. We hung around a bit, did our homework, binge watched Netflix and ate a lot.

"I went to Starbucks yesterday and guess who was there?" Vivi said as we hung off her bed, eating caramel popcorn.

"Cole Sprouse?"

She rolled her eyes. "No, dumbass. Adrian Winters,"

"Bummer."

"He was with Foxton."

"Adrian was on a date with Shannon?!"

"Yup."

"Wow. Interesting."

"I know, right?"

"Wait, who were you there with?" I asked.

"What, I can't go alone?" she asked defensively.

"No, you usually go with someone else. Who?" I asked, sitting up on her bed.

She sighed, sitting up too. "Cedric."

"What! Why didn't you call me?"

"Because, um-"

"Wait, oh my god, like, oh my god. You went on a..."

"A date? Not really. But it wasn't exactly platonic either..."

"I'm confused," I said, shocked.

"Yea, me too. I think I'm catching feelings. I'm not sure though."

"Wow, I can't believe this..."

"Are you, like, is it okay with you?"

"Yea, yes of course. Why not? Just... make sure it's genuine or you'll just end up getting hurt."

"Yea." She got up and headed to her closet. "Come on, let's get ready for the party."

◯◯

The party was wild. The moment we stepped in, we were assaulted by loud music and the strong smell of alcohol. Vivi wandered off in search of Cedric.

"Chloe, you will not drink tonight, ok?" Keith said.

"What? That's ridiculous!" I said and pushed forward. I grabbed a red cup and filled it with punch.

"Damn girl, you look hot!" a guy I recognized as Devon from the football team hollered at me, whistling appreciatively. I smiled at him and walked towards Dylan and Levi.

"Hey pretty boys," I said.

"Hey, you look good!" Levi said, checking me out. Dylan slapped the back of his head.

"She's off limits, Carter."

Levi raised his hands in surrender. "Just a compliment."

I laughed and looked up to see Caleb watching me. He walked over, smiling. My heartbeat picked up.

"Heyyy," he said, smiling at me. He was wearing a white shirt and a denim jacket with jeans. Goddamn it, why did he have to look so good?

"Hi," I smiled back.

"Wow, you look gorgeous," he said. 

I blushed. "Thanks. You look pretty great yourself."

"Wanna dance?" Caleb asked.

"Sure," I said and we headed over to the floor, dancing like crazy. He was doing all these stunts and I was laughing like crazy. The song changed and he moved closer, his scent filling me. He put his hand on my waist and I placed mine on his chest as we swayed to the music.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" he asked quietly. I blushed.

"Yea, I guess so," I laughed. Suddenly, there was a tap on my back.

"May I have this dance?" Adrian asked. Why? Ugh, why?

"She's dancing with me, Winters," Caleb said coldly.

"I don't remember asking you a damn thing, Eaton," Adrian snapped. Uh-oh.

"Yes. Fine," I told Adrian. I didn't want a fight to break out. Caleb sighed and stepped away from me, glaring at Adrian.

"I told you to move on, Ad," I said as we danced.

"I know. I'm trying," he said.

"No you're not."

"What can I do? Each time I try not to think of you, you appear looking even more gorgeous and I lose control."

I blushed. What was with all the compliments today?

"Flattery won't work, Adrian."

"I'm not merely flattering you, Chloe. You're the most beautiful, funny, smart girl I've ever met. It's almost impossible to move on from you."

"Well you should've thought of that before ruining our relationship!"

I told myself to stay calm. Breathe in, breath out. I looked up and Caleb winked at me from across the room. Oh mama mia...

"I know, and I was such a fool, I'm so sorry."

"Adrian, you literally put no effort into our relationship. You flirted with other girls and our dates were always at some fancy, expensive restaurant that only required your credit card. Your gifts were thoughtless jewelry, like, what were you trying to prove? I loved you but was that not enough to-"

He cut me off by crashing his lips against mine. I was stunned. One of his hands was in my hair and his arm was around my waist. I pushed him off and looked up in time to see Caleb walk away, his expression dark.

"What. Is. Wrong. With. You," I hissed through gritted teeth. I was so pissed I could literally see red. I was furious. There was a tap on my back.

"May I have this dance?" Dylan asked. I pushed Adrian away and turned to Dylan.

"You looked like you needed saving," Dylan whispered as Adrian walked away in defeat. I sighed and rested my head on his chest.

"Thanks. I think I just need to sit down," I said tiredly.

"Ok sure," he said and we walked away. My eyes searched the crowded hall for Caleb's dark hair and green eyes. I saw him on the dance floor with a redhead. She was literally grinding against him. Her arms were around his neck and she was pressed so close against him. He caught my eye and leaned forward, his beautiful green eyes still on mine, and kissed her.

I froze. My heart dropped and time seemed to slow as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hard. I turned to flee. I just wanted to get out of there but Dylan caught my wrist.

"Hey where are you going?" He asked.

"I need to go, leave me alone, Dylan."

"Wait what's wrong?" He asked, his light brown eyes filled with concern. I hesitated and then grabbed a cup and downed it in one. Ooff. Bad idea.

"What are you-"

I grabbed Dylan by the collar and kissed him. He froze as I pulled him closer, kissing him harder. He pulled away abruptly.

"Chloe! Wha- what are you doing?!" Dylan asked, stunned. I looked up and saw Caleb watching me, looking shocked.

"I just- I... just kiss me Dylan."

"Chloe-"

I put my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his. My thoughts were swirling and I could barely stand on my feet. Dylan sighed and pushed me away.

"Chloe you're drunk," he stated, sounding almost relieved.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are. Come on, let's get you home."

"But why won't you kiss me?" I asked sadly. "Do you find me that repulsive?"

He sighed. "No it's not like that, I..." He ran a hand through his hair. "I like someone else."

"Ooh. Who?"

"I'll tell you later, Chloe. But now we need to get you home."

"No. No, please, I don't want to go home. Anywhere but home."

"Okay, okay. Will you stay put? I'll find Vivi and you can stay at hers. Keith, please watch her," Dylan said and hurried off. I sighed and sat down. I spotted Alexa making out with someone and rolled my eyes. My eyes searched for Caleb, but he was gone. Probably fucking the redhead. I sighed again and put my head in my hands. I was definitely going to have a hangover tomorrow. And this definitely wasn't worth it.

When Dylan didn't return for a long time, I decided to search for him. I stood up, scanning the room.

"Chloe where do you think you're going?" Keith asked.

"To find Dylan. What's taking him so long?"

"Sit down, Chloe."

"Fine, then you go search for him," I said, knowing Keith wouldn't leave me alone. He sighed. I smirked.

"Thought so," I said and stood up. I walked to the kitchen and exited quickly when I saw George in a heavy make out session. I walked around and wandered to the porch. Caleb was sitting alone, smoking. I was about to go back quietly but Caleb heard me and turned. He cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. 

"Hello, player extraordinaire," I greeted, tilting my head.

"Hello, girlfriend of Winters."

"Oh look, you're smoking. Another reason to hate you," I crossed my arms.

"Why are you here? Searching for someone else to make out with?"

"Why are you here? Redhead ditched you?"

"Chloe, I think Dylan is upstairs. Let's go," Keith said.

"So that's who you're searching for," Caleb scoffed. "So you settled on one person for tonight, huh?"

"At least I'm not playing around and leading someone on," I snapped and stomped back inside. I rushed upstairs, taking two stairs at a time. I opened a door and almost burned my eyes when I saw Shannon having sex with Sean. Ugh ugh ughhhhh!

I slammed the door shut and almost ran into a couple kissing passionately in the hallway.

Cedric and Vivian. Oh my god for fuck's sake!

I pushed past them and opened the next door. I froze at the scene in front of me, like someone had dumped a bucket of ice over me. I couldn't breathe as I watched Dylan make out. He was making out with Levi.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

31 0 13
once upon a time there was a beautiful princess who lived in a castle and met a prince and lived happily ever after- okay. cut the crap. that's neve...
2.4M 61.4K 32
Jezzabelle & Noah were bestfriends since diapers. They were very close, and loved each other before they even knew what love was, most likely they we...
134K 6K 29
When Harlow accidentally takes the wrong bag at school she discovers a journal written by a mysterious, tortured boy inside. She becomes obsessed wit...
1.7K 79 34
Chloe is just your average teenager but this year has been the most challenging for her. Explore the life of a teen who gains responsibilities after...