Stay With Me? *Jasper Hale*

By CALM_fandoms

"Why would you stay with me when I could hurt you at any second?" "I know you could never hurt me." _________... More

disclaimer
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter ninteen
chapter twenty

chapter eighteen

308 12 0
By CALM_fandoms

Casey stood next to Jasper in the parking lot of Forks High School, waiting for school to start. Bella had yet to speak to her since their phone call over the weekend, and Casey was extremely upset about it.

Bella's truck pulled into the parking lot, parking in her usual spot. She got out of her truck, slamming the door and looking across the parking lot and straight at Casey. Casey tried to give her a smile, but Bella's gaze drifted to Edward. The vampire met her gaze with no falter, the rest of the family watching their interaction nervously.

"She knows," Edward said quietly. Rose flared her nostrils, a snarky reply working it's way towards her mouth. Bella started walking towards them, but half way across the parking lot she changed direction to the woods. She walked with confidence that Casey had never seen in her before. Edward went to follow her, but Casey grabbed his arm before he got too far. "Will you tell her I'm sorry I lied? Please," she begged. Edward nodded, "I'll explain it to her. You two will be fine." "Thank you," Casey said sincerely. Edward gave her a nod and, without even a glance to his family, turned and followed Bella into the woods.

"He's going to fuck everything up," Rosalie clenched her jaw. "Loosen up babe. She could turn out just as awesome as Casey!" Emmett grinned. Rose rolled her eyes, "I doubt it." "Bella's really great. I think you would like her if you tried," Casey told her carefully. Alice nodded in agreement, "I've already seen it. We're going to be best friends!"

The warning bell rang and the group grabbed their things and headed inside to their classes. Jasper and Emmett walked with Casey to English like they did every day. "Did you finish the revision essay?" Jasper asked. Casey halted, looking at him in bewilderment. "That's not due today?!" She yelped, a questioning tone to her voice. Jasper nodded with an amused smile, "It is, love." Casey groaned throwing her head back to make it look more dramatic. Emmett laughed at her, while Jasper gripped her hand in his and pulled her to their English class.

___

Casey sat on the couch with Jasper and Alice at the Cullen house. Alice was going over the plan for prom night, even though it was nearly a month away still. "Jasper and I are going to pick you up at around 7:00. I want to get pictures of you and Michael, so we'll do a few pictures at your house, then we'll come back here for some pictures in the garden, because let's face it, Esme's garden is absolutely gorgeous. Then you and Jasper are going to take my car, Isaac and I will be in Carlisle's car, Rose and Emmett are going to take the BMW and Edward is going to pick Bella up in the Volvo." She explained.

"Why can't we carpool? Do we really need to take four cars?" Alice looked at her like she was crazy, "Because, its prom! It's for the aesthetic!" Esme chuckled as she walked behind the couch, dusting the livingroom.

Jasper slid his arm around Casey's waist, his chin resting on her shoulder as she leaned back against him. "How did the visit with Bella go?" She asked. "Horrible!" Rose called from the kitchen. Alice rolled her eyes, "She's just mad because she broke a bowl and Esme made her clean it up." Casey laughed, an amused smile lighting up her face. "It was great though. Edward was really nervous to have her around all of us, but I think it went really well." Casey smiled, "That's good. I'm glad her and Edward aren't staring angstly at each other from across the cafeteria anymore." Alice nodded in agreement.

"You're telling me. Edward's mixed feelings for her give me a headache everytime she's in a one mile radius." Jasper mumbled. Casey and Alice giggled, Jasper smiled lightly, kissing Casey's cheek.

"Oh my God! Casey, I almost forgot. You have to come play baseball with us tomorrow! Bella's coming too," Alice bounced. "Baseball? Isn't it supposed to rain tomorrow?" "That's the only time we can play," Jasper smirked. He could feel the curiosity practically radiating off of her. "You'll understand tomorrow." Esme assured. Casey nodded slowly, "Alright, sure. I'm warning you though, I know zero about baseball. Like, nothing at all."

Alice shrugged it off, "Its okay. You can play umpire with Bella." Jasper leaned in close to her ear, despite knowing that both Alice and Esme could clearly hear him. "You can be my own little cheerleader." He smirked as she squirmed slightly and blushed, knowing that the others in the room could hear him.

___

"Bye Mike! I'll see you Sunday!" Michael waved goodbye as he watched his little sister climb into Alice's car with Jasper. "Have fun, and be careful! You know you suck at sports," he laughed. Casey rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him as Jasper started the car and drove away.

Casey watched the rain drops run down the window as Jasper pulled into the empty field. She saw the rest of the Cullens, minus Edward, setting up bases and deciding teams.

"Jasper! You're on our team!" Rose yelled. Jasper helped Casey out of the car, her Vans sinking into the mud immediately. Just as the couple reached the rest of the family, Edward's Volvo pulled into the field. Bella and Edward climbed out, and Edward placed a ball cap on Bella's head.

"Bella, I'm glad you and Casey are here. We need umpires." Esme smiled warmly. "She thinks we cheat," Emmett scoffed. "You probably do," Casey smirked. "Hey! We don't have to cheat, we're just that good." Isaac teased. Esme rolled her eyes and smiled at the girls, "Those two aren't allowed on the same team anymore." She explained. "Why?" Bella questioned. "Because they got mad that we kept winning!" Isaac cheered.

Alice took a deep breath, her eyes closed as she stood on the pitcher's mound. A smile spread across her face as her eyes snapped open. "It's time!" The vampires raced to their spots, Carlisle's team batting first.

Rose was up first. Alice pitched a perfect ball, Rose swung the bat and with a loud crack like thunder, the ball went soaring through the air and into the trees surrounding the field. "That's got to be a home run." Bella said in awe. "Edward's very fast," Esme grinned. Rose took off at lightning speed, rounding the bases in only seconds. Edward ripped through the trees, finding the ball and flinging it through the air and back to the field. Esme caught the ball, droppingbto the ground and smacking it on Rose's leg just before she slid into home base. The two vampires looked to Bella and Casey for the call.

The girls looked at each other before saying simultaneously, "You're out." Emmett cheered from the field. Rose stood up with a huff, glaring at her husband as she walked off of the base. "Come on babe! It's just a game!" He called after her.

"She's going to totally maim him later," Isaac chuckled. Casey grimaced at him, and he laughed.

Carlisle was next. He hit the ball, instantly taking off for first base. Edward and Emmett both went for the ball at the same time, crashing into each other with a sound that compared to two boulders clashing together. The boys fell to the ground, laughing to each other as they stood back up and got back into the game.

When it was Jasper's turn to bat, he stepped up to the plate, swinging the bat around his fingers. He turned and smirked at Casey, "Kiss for good luck?" She rolled her eyes, a small smile on her red face. "Maybe if you win," she teased. Jasper got a determined look across his face as he turned to face Alice. "Damn, there's no way we're losing now," Isaac joked.

Jasper hit the ball, it went flying into the woods like most of them had. Edward was ready to take off after it when he stopped, his eyes darting to Alice who had froze in her place. Edward instantly turned and raced across the field to Bella at the same time that Alice shouted for them to stop.

"What's happening? What did you see Alice?" Carlisle demanded calmly. "They were leaving when they heard us playing." She explained. "Two males, one female. They're almost here."

Jasper wrapped Casey in his jacket, trying to muffle the smell of her blood. "I have never been so thankful that you're as pale as you are," Esme whispered to her. The family watched as the three strangers emerged from the fog, moving almost in slow motion across the field. The woman had fire red hair that Casey could see from across the field.

They stopped a few feet in front of the family, the black man in the middle holding up their baseball. "I believe this belongs to you?" Carlisle smiled politely, "Yes. Thank you." The man threw the ball just as fast as Alice's pitches, Isaac catching it in his palm with ease.

"I am Laurent. This is James, and Victoria." The man introduced. "I'm Carlisle, and this is my family. It seems you created something of a mess for us." He said. "We were not aware that this area was claimed." Laurent defended. "Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle said. The three looked suprised, but the woman spoke up. "The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe." "Thank you." Carlisle nodded.

Jasper could hear Casey's heart hammering in her chest, and he prayed to anyone that was listening, and that doesn't mean Edward, that the strangers with bright red eyes were too distracted to hear it. He pulled her closer to him as subtly as he could, trying to not look suspicious.

"Do you have room for three more players?" Carlisle looked unsure, "Come on. Just one game?" Carlisle smiled tightly, his mind telling Edward to get ready to grab Casey and Bella and leave. "Sure. Why not? A couple of us were just leaving. He tossed the ball back to Laurent, but Victoria snatched it out of the air with an evil smile. "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball."

Edward gripped Casey's arm, pulling her away from Jasper carefully and begin to pull her and Bella back to the Volvo. "I think we can handle that," Jasper smirked. He hid his uncertainty behind his confidence, telling Edward to keep her safe.

The vampires started to move all at once, splitting into their teams and heading to the field. A gust of wind blew past them, catching the girls' hair and spreading the scent across the field. Everyone froze at the same time, the newcomer James turning with an evil smirk, running his tongue over his lips. "You brought a snack."

The Cullens gathered in front of them immediately, blocking Bella and Casey from the tracker. "The girl is with us," Carlisle said sternly. "It seems the game is over. We'll go now." Laurent looked to his companions, Victoria turned to follow him away, but James lingered. The family stared him down, assessing him in case he would attack. "James," Laurent warned. Finally, he turned and followed the others into the tree line and out of sight.

"Get them out of here. Now!" Carlise rushed. Edward and Jasper took the girls, running to the cars at inhuman speed. Jasper placed Casey in the backseat, climbing in next to her. Edward got in the driver's seat and slammed the door, putting the car into reverse and ripping through the grass and back towards the roads.

The rest of the Cullens gathered their stuff quickly. Isaac was deep in thought as he stood next to Alice. "What's wrong?" She asked timidly. "Did anyone else notice how he didn't even look at Casey?" The family all looked at each other in wonder. How was it he smelled Bella's scent and not Casey's?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 199 13
In the mist-shrouded town of Forks, Nancy Swan's life takes an unexpected turn when she relocates with her younger sister Bella. Amidst the perpetual...
24K 725 17
๐’พ'๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“‡๐‘œ๐“€๐‘’, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐“ˆ๐‘œ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น๐‘’๐“‡๐“…๐“‡๐‘’๐“…๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž ...
90.2K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...
2K 109 12
Being the new people in town was never easy, especially in a small town like Forks, a fact that Eleanor Beckett was well aware of. So when her son ca...