๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

Oleh ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks

18.8K 600 145
Oleh ASTRAGAZER-

(A/n: You guys, I'm so sorry for taking a bit of time updating this Chapter.
.
.
.
.
.
.

How can a Village residing in the midst of a barren desert become this luminescent, tantalizing Village that Sakura couldn't help but be awestruck. When she was a child, she could never imagine Sunagakure like this; lights from different colored lamps and lanterns are displayed all over the place, stalls of food and beverages can be seen wherever you look, children are happily playing tag while holding a stick of sweet cotton candy with varying colors.

That morning, Sakura awoke with a knock on the door. She heard someone opened the door so she suspected it was Sasuke since she felt the emptiness beside her. When she rolled over the bed, she brushed Sasuke's side of the futon and felt the coldness of the sheets so perhaps Sasuke was already up hours before Sakura could wake up. True to her suspicion, the young Uchiha is already dressed and had already gone to the shower.

Temari stood in front, her hands holding two paper bags that Sakura had just only noticed. "Good morning, Temari," Sakura greeted.

"Morning. Had a good night sleep?"

"Hn," Sasuke hummed before walking towards the couch where his katana was placed on the coffee table.

"How about you, got any sleep?" Sakura noticed the all-knowing smile Temari is giving her. It was too early in the morning and Sakura had to fight the blush creeping from her cheeks.

"What brought you this early?" Sakura asked, changing the subject.

"You're well aware that tonight is the Festival, right?" She looked at the two who had a frown resting on their forehead. Was it tonight? As they processed the fact that the Festival was indeed tonight, they nodded slowly.

"So, I'm here to give you these. Gaara said he's expecting to see you two wearing those. He'll be making an appearance later in the Festival." Temari put the paper bags on the coffee table before walking outside as quickly as she came.

Sakura, due to her gnawing curiosity, took one of the bags and pulled out the thing that was inside. Apparantly, the thing was actually a yukata. Judging by the size that is a bit larger and the colour being light blue, Sakura judged that the yukata is for Sasuke. The paper bag is also accompanied by a geta (wooden sandals) and an obi (sash).

"Sasuke-kun, I think this for–"

"I'm not wearing that," Sasuke instantly cut off before Sakura could have the liberty of finishing her sentence.

He took his sheathed katana and stood up from the couch. "I'll be back by afternoon," he said before disappearing to the lobby of the inn.

What was wrong with him? Sakura thought. Does he have some issue with a yukata? Does it makes him any less of a man if he wears one? Sakura shook her head. Better clear her thoughts with a good lukewarm bath and get some of the most delicious breakfast that this inn offers.

The whole day passed in a blur of uneventful happenings, since Sakura just confined herself in the bedroom reading books about medicine that she managed to come across with in the inn's library. When afternoon came and the last embers of the once bright sun had gone down the horizon, Sakura sighed as she closed the book.

It was way past afternoon now, an hour from now the Festival will start. In fact she can already hear the chattering outside and she can see the twinkles of light down the Village and still there was no Sasuke. She wonders where he could be and why hasn't he come back yet.

Sakura decided to take the paper bag where her yukata was. She decided that it's time to change since the Festival is almost about to begin. Her yukata is the same colour as her hair with cherry blossoms adorning the bottom layer of the yukata. She ditched her forehead protector and took a red sash and tied it around her hair like a ribbon. Right after she put on her geta and tied the obi around her waist, she decided to walk outside.

Still, Sasuke hasn't come back yet that Sakura is beginning to start to worry what could've happened to the young Uchiha. But really, what could've happened to him when he has his sharingan and rinnegan and he is practically one among the few strongest shinobi on this land.

Sakura sighed. Maybe Sasuke is just trying to ditch the Festival and him wearing the yukata which he must've found embarrassing. What's embarrassing about wearing a comfortable, form of clothing? He should be embarrass when he's naked.

Sakura looked once more at the living room before she decided to walk towards the door but stopped abruptly when she realized something.

Before she went to the washroom to change, she was certain the paper bag containing Sasuke's yukata was on the top of the coffee table. But now it's gone.

The night breeze blew from the open window. Again, Sakura was certain the window wasn't left open. The curtains flew as it revealed the luminous Village in front. Sakura walked towards the window to close it. Maybe her mind is playing tricks on her again. She was too absorbed reading the book that she must've forgotten to lock the window and she must've misplace the paper bag.

Otherwise, she should be really worried that someone had slipped their way in the room. Though it's not like Sakura isn't capable of dealing with them herself. For all the burglars know, they picked the wrong room to rob and the wrong girl to deal with. She is more than enough to protect herself.

As she locked the window firmly and tucked the curtains on the side, she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder. The hand felt big and calloused. In a matter of second, Sakura swat the hand of the assailant and swirled around ready to deliver a punch on whoever dared startled her.

Right when her fist was about to connect on the man's nose, a hand stopped her. The man's palm enclosing around her fist, fitting rather perfectly.

"That's not a very nice greeting," the man said.

The man, apparantly has the same voice as Sasuke. Because apparently, the man that Sakura thought was a burglar. The man that Sakura almost punched the light out of was actually Sasuke.

Sakura blinked a few times. She tried to pull her fist but Sasuke's grip was firm.

"Sasuke-kun I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else. Besides, I thought you're not interested in the Festival and has an issue with yukatas."

Sasuke frowned slightly, although the mere change in his expression did go unnoticed. "I don't have an issue with yukatas. I'm wearing it now."

Sakura blinked again and her eyes traveled down. Sure, he's already wearing the yukata. And man did the clothe fit him so perfectly.

Sakura had to remind herself to avert her eyes from raking his body too much.

Sasuke, instead of letting go of Sakura's hand, decided to pull the pinkette and laced their hands together to which the utter gesture made Sakura's cheeks tint in red.

"Sasuke-kun, where have you been?" Sakura asked as they stepped outside the inn and to the now bustling Sunagakure.

"Took off some business," Sasuke said. Sakura doesn't know if he's walking too fast or she's just walking too slow because it seems like she's being dragged by Sasuke.

"Business? What happened?" Sakura frowned. She tugged Sasuke's hand to make him walk slower to which the Uchiha did.

"You should be close to me all night. If you're going somewhere make sure I can see you. Don't go off on your own."

"What's going on?" Sakura asked, her voice a bit annoyed. Well, she's getting irritated that Sasuke isn't telling her something that should be straight to the point. And what's with him telling her to not go off on her own?

Sasuke abruptly stopped walking and Sakura's arm was pulled making her halt. When she stood face to face with Sasuke, that's when she saw the small wound resting atop his cheek just under his left eye.

"There are people watching us. They are after my eyes." Sasuke's explanation was short but Sakura instantly remembered the time when she and Kanao got abducted in the woods by some ex shinobi. They said there are people in the Black Market willing to buy Sasuke's eyes for high prices.

"I took out some of those people this afternoon. They were pretty skilled." They started to walk, this time slower.

So that's the reason why it took him long to get back at the inn. And did he say they were pretty skilled? More likely that's where Sasuke got his wound. Sakura reminded herself to treat his wound later when they got back.

"Did Gaara know?"

"No. I don't want to burden him with this. I'll handle it myself."

Sakura didn't like it. Him saying he'll handle it himself. She's also here. She can help him. But Sakura kept quiet, instead she just busied herself looking around. When she saw a stall selling japanese cake, she decided to pull Sasuke over. They went from stalls to stalls until the night deepens.

The events of the afternoon rushed back to Sasuke as he stood with Sakura who was calming down a crying child that he suspected got separated from his parents.

The men were skilled indeed, but not as closely skilled as him. It was sheer luck that they managed to wound him, almost taking his eye. Sasuke was also to blame since he hadn't practice for a while and his battle skills are getting rusty. Upon defeating the men, he had the liberty to scan their mind with his ability. There, he saw the image of the man who was after his eyes. He wasn't able to learn his name. His men never called him by his name. But Sasuke had memorize what the man looked like so if he sees him, Sasuke will know right away. Also, there are still some men who are after Sasuke apart from the ones he beat that afternoon. The remaining men must be in the Festival, pretending to be normal Villagers. But Sasuke will not be fooled. He has his eyes everywhere, wary of his surroundings.

That's why he was hesitant to go to the Festival. If push comes to shove, he can't afford to put Sakura in danger. But he can't afford to let Sakura go alone. He can explain it to her though. Sasuke knew Sakura would accept and not go to the Festival. But he also knew Sakura would get lonely all night since she's been looking forward to attend the Festival since this morning when Temari delivered the yukatas to them.

When Sasuke came back a while ago, he was about to tell Sakura that they would no longer be going to the Festival. But when he saw Sakura wearing the yukata and that red sash on her hair, Sasuke felt a slight tug on his chest. He then decided to take the paper bag on the coffee table and wore his yukata.

In the midst of Sasuke's thoughts he suddenly felt a tug. Sakura was pulling him towards the crowd gathering in front. They managed to squeeze their way amongst the crowds and the moment they halted, the sky lit up in different colours.

Fireworks.

Sakura smiled when she saw the fireworks lighting the dark sky. Sasuke, on the other hand, doesn't need to look up to see the fireworks in the sky, because to him, the fireworks reflected in those emerald green eyes were more beautiful than any firework in the heavens.

Maybe coming to the festival is not a bad idea after all.

When the night deepens and the Festival draws to its end, Sasuke and Sakura headed back to the inn. All the way back Sasuke has his eyes in every direction. He knew the men were watching them closely. But they made no move. They became extra cautious when they found out about the other men singlehandedly beaten by Sasuke.

After changing their clothes, Sasuke and Sakura welcomed the warmth the futon offered to them. Sakura, after a few seconds of closing her eyes, she remembered Sasuke's wound under his eye. Sakura turned around to face Sasuke only to see him already facing her.

The wound under his eye was barely visible. It wasn't as bad as she initially thought. The platelets have done their jobs repairing the tissues and by tomorrow she bet it'll heal like it was never there to begin with.

So, Sakura lift her hand and brushed the bangs away from his eyes. His bangs have gotten longer but it suits him nonetheless.

The simple gesture made Sasuke's face heat up a little. Her fingers were warm and soft. Before long Sakura had fallen asleep. The steady rise and fall of her chest was proof that she's indeed off to dreamland.

Slowly, Sasuke pulled off the duvet and slipped down the futon. He arranged Sakura's duvet up before he walked to where his cloak was and katana.

His eyes narrowed as his pupil activated into sharingan, the darkness of the room made his eyes a glowing crimson and purple.

Now, time to deal with these men before Sakura wakes up. He still has a few hours before dawn and Sasuke wanted to spend the remaining minutes before morning sleeping beside his beloved.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

46.7K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
3.4K 126 10
โ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚.โž โคท After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his s...
4.4K 222 9
SASUSAKU (AU) TIME TRAVEL / Short SasuSaku story! Sakura Haruno, a medical student, finds an unconscious man, Sasuke Uchiha, from a different time pe...
63.1K 1.6K 17
Haruno is a maid in Uchiha's household. Who's madly in love with Uchiha Sasuke. But not only does she wears glasses, is shy, short and ugly, Uchiha c...