Can I Call You Mine

By mofokz

Best friends since the day they met in preschool but happens when one fails to confess his feelings and they... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Epilogue
Thank You❀️❀️
A/N New story

Chapter 3

2.1K 79 87
By mofokz

Naruto was ecstatic.  He and Sai had just returned from a weekend vacation.  Sai had surprised him with a breathtaking getaway to Hawaii.  Naruto had always wanted to go see the island, home to amazing volcanoes and beaches.  His dream finally came true and not just because they spent ten days on the beautiful island, but Sai decided to spoil him as well taking him whale watching. He had always had a fascination with the majestic creatures and found the whale watching tour mind-blowing. 

The romantic dinners and walks along the beach was an atonement of why he had fallen in love with the raven, but the climax of the entire vacation was the night that Sai proposed to him.  After five years of dating he finally popped the question, totally catching him off guard the night the waiter served them champagne and he almost drank the delicate gold ring.  Sai had never moved so fast in all of his life afraid that he would choke and the evening ending up in the emergency room.  Grabbing the glass of the half drank bubbly alcoholic drink, he fished out the ring before getting down on one knee and asking his hand in marriage.  The chaotic motion took the blonde completely by surprise that the raven had to repeat himself several times before everything sunk in.  Naruto hadn’t remembered crying so much from joy till that moment he said yes, blushing a deep red when they kissed in front of the small audience watching them.  

Naruto smiled to himself looking at the ring on his left hand whilst preparing himself a Sunday afternoon sandwich. Sai had told him that he had some unexpected business to tend to and wouldn’t be home until after dinner time.  He felt pity for his now fiancée having to work on a Sunday but it wasn’t the first time he had gotten a phone call and had to suddenly leave.  The blonde didn’t quite understand the intricacies of the raven’s work but he didn’t question it knowing that he worked hard to support their lifestyle. 

Humming and moving his body along to the song playing on the television in the living room he found himself slightly distracted when the knife accidentally slipped, cutting his finger. “Ouch!” He exclaimed grabbing the injured extremity and quickly wrapping it in a towel.  He was too focused on trying to halt the bleeding that he barely paid attention to the breaking news announcement flashing a picture of a prominent man found dead in a street alley that came across the screen.

“First aid? First aid?" He whispered to himself impatiently, looking away from the t.v. and opening the cloth to see how deep the cut was.  Checking the kitchen cabinets for the red case filled with first aid supplies; feeling annoyed when he didn’t find it in the bathroom cabinet.  He moved his desperate search to their bedroom until he was in their closet standing on a chair to check the top self when he almost lost his balance.  To keep from falling, he leaned onto the self with his injured hand and pressed his other hand onto the wall, when he felt the panel cave in a little, frightening him at first.  His curiosity fueled to see how cracked it was and knowing that Sai was probably going to have a repair project on his hands. “Great!  Sai’s going to hate having to fix this,” he muttered to himself.  He pushed a little harder on the space and to his confusion the wall actually opened up revealing a hidden compartment.  “What...?” He whispered loudly as his heartbeat picked up in a panic, feeling overwhelmed at the sight of a gun laying on top of a metal box.  

Against his better judgment he opened the box to discover what looked like several thousands of dollars in large currency bills.  On top of the money were photos of a middle aged Italian man.  Naruto's heart sank, praying that what he had discovered wasn’t real.  Immediately all those odd times of the day and night that the raven left their residence to go to ‘work‘ plagued his mind, forcing him to one conclusion...”No.  This can’t be...!” He gasped, thinking this couldn't be the man he knew..the man he was about to marry.

...

"I'm coming!” Grumbled Neji at the sound of someone frantically banging at his door. "There better be a fire behind you-,” he said in the midst of opening the door only to be interrupted by a short blonde man scampering past him, letting himself in. "Well... uh, hello to you too." Neji said sarcastically, roughly closing the door. 

The two were friends since high school, never really starting off on the same page though.  Neji had been the stoic type, being bitter with everyone he crossed paths with, feeling envious towards his classmates back in the day.  They got to choose what they wanted to do with their lives while his life was set on stone the moment he came into existence, born with the surname Hyuga . The Hyugas’ were an old clan and every member was destined to work in some level of police force. But the day he crossed paths with an energetic unruly blonde haired boy was the day he felt himself really coming into life. Naruto had been the first person to pull him out of his funk, not tolerating any of his nonsense and changing him for the better. Till this day, the long haired brunette wasn’t quite sure exactly how Naruto managed to do it but Neji fell quickly into pace with the ‘new him’ and from that day onwards he could never imagine what life would have been like if Naruto had just avoided him like everyone else did. 

Through affiliation with the youngster he came to learn that Sasuke, who also was born into a prominent family, and that the Uchiha clan had a similar life to his own.  The only difference was that Naruto had kept the raven’s life burning bright from the day they were in diapers. Neji left after graduation to attend a special ops elite school abroad which he eventually came to enjoy the world he had detested for half his life. After graduating from the academy, he got assigned to the NYPD as an under cover detective and just by chance reunited with Naruto.  He was shocked to discover the blonde living in New York City without Sasuke but with a raven haired man similar looking to the Uchiha named Sai. Neji had known of Sasuke’s adoration for their childhood friend but figured it was not his place to say something. Only having met Naruto's boyfriend once at his cousin's wedding, he immediately wasn’t impressed.  There seemed to be something about the man that didn't sit right with him, but Naruto had always been a good judge of character so if he was happy he would be too.

He found the blonde pacing in the living room of his apartment, talking to himself frantically.  Neji worriedly walked over to his friend, grabbing him by the shoulders to stop him in his tracks. Naruto looked as if he had been crying.  His eyes were red and puffy and so was his nose. "Naruto what's wrong?" Assuming his first impression of the shorter man was valid, making him boil inside and reacting protectively. "Is Sai cheating on you?  Did he hit you?”  Looking the smaller man over.

Naruto could only give him a wryly smile before bursting into tears, alarming the brunette and making him feel all the more furious towards who ever had hurt him.  He pulled him into a hug and gently stroked his back.  “Need me to make it look like an accident?" 

After a few moments, Naruto shook his head that was still resting in his chest.  “A man was found dead in an alleyway,” he said quivering and looking up at the brunette with a new stream of tears filling his eyes.  Neji gave him a shocked expression, “What are you talking about?” Naruto always a softy at best, but he was never one to cry about every murder scene that popped on TV. The still trembling man slowly moved from Neji’s embrace to sit on the sofa.  “Today on the news a man was found dead in an alleyway,” he rubbed at his face wiping the falling tears, “I...I found a picture of the same man that was murdered, Neji,” he whispered while taking a deep breath.  “I cut my finger earlier today and went looking for the first aid kit. In one of the closets I accidentally came across a hidden compartment. It pushed into the wall.  There was a metal box with what looked like thousands of dollars in it.  There was also a gun and photos of that man.”  Naruto nervously looked point blankly at his friend, starting to cry again, “I think... I think I’ve been dating a murderer.” 

...

The past couple of days Sai had noticed Naruto acting strangely.  He had seemed nervous and tensing up whenever he touched him and brushing him off soon after.  'Maybe it’s just the jitters of the anticipation of planning the wedding,' he thought to himself.  Frankly the raven didn’t think much of it at first but this evening he was trying to show the blonde some of the different options for the venues to hold the wedding and Naruto seemed, well...distracted.  

“What’s wrong Naruto?” He asked the blonde who was just staring at the screen. 

“Huh?”  Naruto glanced at him confused. 

“ I was trying to have a conversation with you and you spaced out.”  Sai responded clearly annoyed.

“Oh. Sorry,” he said shifting nervously in his chair.  

The older man studied him closely and Naruto could feel coal black eyes staring at him for an explanation. ‘Act normal’ the blonde said to himself.  "Sorry.  It was a hectic day at work. Three kids were sick at school today."  It was only half of a lie.  Kylie did throw up today but that was only because she chugged her apple juice too fast.

“Hmm.” The raven frowned.  “It’s not just today. You’ve seemed off lately.” 

Naruto internalize his fear, “I guess I’m a little nervous about planning the wedding. It seems to be a lot.”  

‘I was right.’  The raven thought to himself. “Well we can keep it simple if that’ll make you feel better.”  He smiled softly at the blue eyes sitting across the table.  

Naruto smile as genuinely as possible back. “I’d like that.” 

Sai nodded content with his lover’s response. “Oh. I got you something,” he said removing himself to retrieve something from their bedroom.  When he came back into the kitchen he presented him with a jewelry box.  Naruto looked at the raven who was smiling widely, “Open it!” A hint of excitement hidden in the demand.

Naruto opened the black box with a silver bow.  His mouth dropped open at seeing its contents.  In it was a bracelet.  Part of it was a silver band with eleven flowers as a design with eleven tiny diamonds in the center of each flower. On either side of the band was plated strings and a single silver bead with a tiny diamond keeping it together. It had to be pulled to either open or close. Sai placed it on the blond's left wrist, bringing the tan hand to his lips, kissing the finger with the engagement ring then leaning in to give the younger man a passionate kiss on the lips. Naruto stared at the jewelry on his wrist, “Sai...it’s gorgeous!” A smile encompassing his face.  “You spoil me too much.”  

“Can't a man worship his fiance? Especially one as beautiful as you." Naruto blushed at the compliment, highlighting the blemish whiskers.  “Thank you.” 

“Oh...you can thank me later,” the raven smirked making the blonde blush even more.

Naruto had gone to change into more comfortable clothes before starting dinner while Sai sat at the island in their kitchen looking up some smaller reception sites, taking into consideration his fiancé’s request  on his laptop. 

His train of thought was interrupted when Naruto’s phone lit up, vibrating to a comical ring tone. The raven nonchalantly looked to see who would be messaging him.  When he saw the name a fury rose in him. ‘Why would he be calling?  And at this hour?’

Then it dawned on him.  ‘Could the real reason behind Naruto’s strange behavior actually have nothing to do with the wedding but the person on the other end of the phone?’  He wondered, quickly gulping the rest of the whiskey in his glass. 

He walked up behind the blonde who was preparing their late dinner and pulling him against his body into a bear hug, wrapping his arms around the blonde causing him to yelp and drop the bottle of spice in his hand. "Sai!" Naruto exclaimed as the raven roughly kissed into the crook of his neck.  He tried squirming out of the raven’s hold but Sai had a firm hold on him.  “What are you doing?” Naruto asked trying to move away from the ministrations.  Sai didn’t like how he was resisting his affection. ‘Are you giving yourself to him?’ He yelled in his mind. 

“You’re mine.“  Growling in Naruto’s ear as the blonde tried to stir the pot of food but Sai reached over and turned the stove off and roughly turned him around so that he was facing him. "But the food-" 

“We'll order later, if that makes you feel better.” Not giving him a chance to protest. “I'm just trying to pull you out whatever funk you have yourself in." Something flashed in Naruto’s eyes at those words, but it was quickly gone before Sai could catch it. Naruto tried to ignore the questions lingering in the back of his mind as to what could’ve triggered the passionate attack.  He knew that Sai was possessive, very possessive but even more so whenever he either had too much to drink or was upset by someone he felt was giving him attention. 

“Your drunk,” the blonde said feeling Sai’s leaning heavily against him.  “Not quite,” the raven said taking plump pink lips in between his teeth. “You belong ONLY to me. Don’t you ever forget that.”  He uttered between kisses.

"Sai-" said man silenced him with another kiss. "It's been a while since we've had fun,” he mumbled into the blonde’s ear, his breath hot and laced with the smell of liquor causing Naruto’s breathing to pick up and shutter as he weakly gave in to his fiancé’s lust filled desire.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 100 30
[TXT MAFIA AU] "Are we 𝘧𝘒𝘡𝘦π˜₯?" "If we are, then we will reunite even if it's in '𝘩𝘦𝘒𝘷𝘦𝘯' or '𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭'" Choi Beomgyu, a Mafia and the lea...
1.4K 111 66
At the age of 10, Belladonna and her closest friends Keshawn and Renee managed to escape their orphanage. They wandered in the streets for eight days...
15.6K 522 11
A year after the regional and Haru has not heard a word about Rin, thinking that Rin went back to the way he was, not caring about them and wanting t...
31.9K 1.2K 12
Randomly bumping into a famous prodigy composer, and allowing him to take you on a harmless date, wasn't apart of your plans. Although, being held ho...