The Bet - [Manan] #Book1 | ✓

Von senora_fro_hos

- D I V E I N T O L O V E - • THE BET - BOOK 1 Manik is a guy who doesn't believe in love or in any rela... Mehr

characters + concept
New Cover
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty seven
SHOUT OUT
twenty eight
My Socials And Other Works
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
S E Q U E L
PROJECT PERFECT BOYFRIEND
Thank You!

twenty six

3.1K 168 27
Von senora_fro_hos

• An important announcement at the end please don't skip it •

** manik's pov **

I couldn't have guessed that the girl who dared to stop me from bullying her back and white friend will capture my heart someday. We literally couldn't look eye to eye at each other. We used to ignore one another and fortunately or unfortunately we didn't have any classes together with each other until I decided to join drama club in my senior year and it was when all that started, the bet began.

" Manik do you have any mood to come down and have breakfast with us or are you planning to stare at Nandini from the window.", I was pulled out of my monologue when I heard Soha. She was looking at me with a slay smile cause she had caught me red handed. Granted she had guessed that I was head over heels for Nandini the first moment I introduced them but hell if she could ever leave a chance to not tease me about it.

" huhh?", I pretended not to know what she was pointing out.

" I mean you know the view will be better from next seat at the breakfast table.", she smirked at me.

" Ermm I am hungry. I am going down for breakfast.", without saying anything else I quickly rushed down to save myself from Soha. Cause I knew there was noway she was going to stop with her teasing after all she was enjoying it.

" Hungry for food. Yeah sure I believe. ", she yelled as she followed behind me. She mocked me like she was saying I wasn't hungry but wanted to see Nandini. However that was partially true I did want to see Nandini but my stomach was growling out of hunger too.

** pov over **

Everyone was almost done with their breakfast by the time Manik and Soha reached at the table as he had been late. They had started to go either back to their rooms or indulge in some other activities and like them any other person at the table Nandini was done with her breakfast too when suddenly her mobile rang.

Nandini was about to pick up the call when Manik snatched mobile from her hand as she watched him awestruck with open mouth before trying to get her mobile back from him.

** nandini's pov **

Arayman was calling and just when I was about to pick it up, Manik snatched my mobile. I could never understand what was always going on in this monster's head neither I was interested. I had stopped it long time, being curious about him. Since I settled in Delhi I was no longer that naive or may be stupid Nandini who always used to know more and more about Manik Malhotra. That stupid girl who used to love him.

On contrary right now I was getting irritated because of his pointless act. I was cursing him while I tried to take my phone back. But he had to that tall. He had his hand raised high in which he was holding my phone so I couldn't take it and looked at me with all seriousness which made me wonder why.

" You aren't on a vocation Miss Murty. So instead of taking call of your boyfriend at working hour as you already have had breakfast. You better now go and prepare list of things we would need to decorate the area.", I didn't know whether to believe his serious words that it was because of words or should I listen to muffled voice of my heart which slowly whispered he was jealous.

He wasn't jealous.

He couldn't be.

That cold hearted, selfish monster never had feelings for me to be jealous. I reminded myself that reality and shushed my heart. I would be in real big trouble if I would keep on listening to my heart. Just pump heart.

" What? Boyfriend? Is this your boyfriend calling Nandini?", Soha threw one question after another when Manik returned my still ringing mobile and asked me to go and prepare that list.

" Pick it up. How about we invite him for wedding too. After all he is your boyfriend Nandini. Ask him if he can come. ", Soha didn't even gave me a moment to say anything. She clicked on the receive button and pressed mobile at my ear.

" Hey Nandini, were you busy? ", Aryaman asked as he must have felt I was busy because granted some monster didn't let me pick my phone.

" No. I can talk.", I didn't know what else to say in front of Soha's excited eyes and in front of his stren face.

" Where are you? I came at your home. I thought we could go out and watch a movie.", I could sense him getting shy and stutter as words came out of his mouth. He clearly was asking for a date. He must be ruffling his hair in embarrassment. He had always been cute. Sometimes I would really wonder that why i had to fall for a jerk like Manik but not for a guy who had always been there for me as a best friend earlier and now as a boyfriend.

But Aryaman was still a best friend to me.

Even though I agreed to date him when we last went on a date with him which had turned out to be a horrible decision as that very day this monster came back in my life. Soha nudged me as I had totally forgotten about the call as I was deeply lost in my memory lane.

" I am out of city because of work Aryaman. Didn't Navya tell you?", I told him.

" Oh. No, I am standing outside at your home because its locked. Navya must have gone out for something.", He sounded sad when he said oh and it made me feel guilty. He seemed very excited to go out with me. At times like this it really made me feel like I was being a bitch to my best friend. Boyfriend I meant. Manik was no longer looking at what was going on instead he had served himself breakfast and he made his way back to his room. But Soha was mouthing to ask me if Aryaman could come for wedding.

" Aryaman will you be free for few days? I have come here to organise a wedding. We can attend it together if you have time. Otherwise its okay.", I too gave it a thought. And actually it would be less lonsome or to say more fun if I would have someone I know next to me. It wasn't like Soha was mean to me or something. It was just that I didn't know her that well and I had been an introvert so my communication skills suck and besides that she was groom's sister so she didn't have much free time.

" Yeah I can take off for few days just tell me when.", I could hear happiness and eagerness in his voice. I looked at Soha to ask her when Aryaman could come and for how long.

" Tomorrow will be awesome if you can come. The whole wedding event is going to take 5 days. ", I told Aryaman as Soha told me.

" Yeah. I can manage.", He said.

" Okay. Then I will text you the address.", after bidding each other bye I hung up and next moment Soha squealed in joy. She was way to excited to see Aryaman.

** pov over **

After checking address twice to make sure she didn't have got it wrong, Nandini pressed the send button. After sending address to Aryaman of the venue Nandini decided to get back to work. So she thought of taking a stroll around the place to get some ideas as to how they could decorate it.

She didn't see Manik for whole day not during dinner even. He was no where to be seen. After having chit chat after dinner Nandini went to their room and took out night clothes and went to washroom to freshen up. She wiped off water from her body and looked for her clothes. But she couldn't find it in the washroom.

Then realisation hit her. She had forgotten to take clothes with her inside washroom. Her clothes were kept at bed and it totally slipped her mind bring them. She sighed in annoyance and wrapped towel around herself.

" Why this had to happen?" she muttered as she opened the door of washroom but her eyes widened when she found Manik standing there barely far from her.

" Ahhhhhhh.", loud scream left her. She wanted to dug a hole and bury herself. Her hold on towel tightened and her eyes shoot up.

" Shhhhh you don't want to wake up everyone. Do you?", Manik whispered in ear as his plam quickly covered my mouth. Nandini didn't know but her eyes found their way to his own their accord. Their eyes met, drawn in each other. She felt current run through her whole body as his cold fingers creased her wet hair. Till this date her body reacted to his touches even if she didn't want to.

• • •

So that's all for today. Hope you guys liked it.

Now I have an announcement. Please don't skip it.

I need your support.

Till now I have been writing because I like it but now I have got a chance to write like an official writer. I have signed a contract with dreame and it will be very nice of you all to show your support like you show here. As for the story I am sure you are going to like that story a lot.

**

🌺 As A Movie 🌺

Amber Cooper had it all. A straight A student, a perfect boyfriend any girl would dream of and a rich, loving family. Her life seemed to be so glorious to her until she met him. She met Sam Patterson and everything changed. Her calm world was shaken and was turned upside down.

He had his heart covered within layers. He wasn a nerd with a poker face. Despite both of them being in the same school they really knew about each other's existence cause their world's were miles apart.

But...

Serendipity brought them together. The line between their worlds blurred until the his and her world became theirs. Destiny made them cross their paths, they met, personalities clashed. When they seemed to be nemesis, who knew they would find solace in each other one day.

They met when they didn't even expected, they fell for each other when they didn't even realised. They didn't had an idea about what to name this feeling but they could care about it less. Love, a road that goes both ways and they walked on it without knowing what was ahead of them to find their happily ever after along the way AS A MOVIE.

**

Link to story :

https://m.dreame.com/novel/6GCPUA/tFn0ua0wHVfi9oA==.html

**

If this link doesn't work then you can find my dreame profile through screenshots I am providing.

Thanks a lot for being such amazing readers really. ❤️

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

202K 13.8K 66
It's a story about a couple MANAN where husband never thinks beyond his business and singing and wife is craving for his love, care and attention. It...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
363K 17.7K 40
Manik Malhotra invested each second of his life making money as for him it was the key to dominance and power...a man with a brain bit no emotions! N...
474K 22.4K 74
(this was my very first story few years back when i was an immature so read at your own risk😂 childish story ) As the story name suggests its a stor...