The Billionaire's Love

By denive26

First book in Billionaire series #TheBillionaire'sLove She hopes for love. He runs away from love. She never... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
Epilogue

CHAPTER 11

2.7K 114 2
By denive26

Maya's POV:

After the match we all went to the nearby Burger King to have lunch.

"Kerry I will just come" I said to her and went to the restroom.

After doing my business when I was washing hands I heard giggles.

"Guys did you see him? It was Shane Mathews in the corner" I heard a girl saying to another while giggling.

"Yeah! Shane Mathews and Samuel Parker are here along with their friends" the other one said

excitedly.

I just let out a laugh seeing how they are reacting just because he is here.

I went to the table where everyone is sitting but there was only a seat left that too beside Shane so I went and sat beside him.

"Maya what do you want? We ordered our food as we all were hungry" Finn said looking at me apologetically because they didn't wait for me.

"It's okay" I replied and was going through the menu.

"Finn you forgot about Shane. He went to make a call and just came back remember?" Cole said looking at Finn.

"Yeah right!" Finn said now looking at Shane.

"But there is only one menu left here. I will go get another one" saying that Nick got up to bring another menu but was stopped by Shane.

"We will share its fine" he said to them. After that he looked at me and asked "Do you mind?"

"No" I said and we went through the menu.

When I turned he was so near my heart started pounding very badly and his deep brown eyes are so beautiful that anyone can drown in them.

"Maya" I heard him calling my name while asking something which brought me back to my senses.

We decided to share our fries and order a burger for each.

Everyone started asking questions about me and I answered them as honest I could.

But throughout the time I felt Shane's eyes on me which brought a light shade of pink to my cheeks but I covered them using my hair.

Normally I would feel so uncomfortable if anyone watches my every move but with Shane it feels different. I feel shy out of nowhere.

"Maya from now on you are one of us" Samuel said now looking at me.

"Yeah don't hesitate when you need us we will always be there" Carter said smiling at me.

I nodded and smiled at them.

"Especially Shane" I heard Kerry mumbling from the opposite side and luckily no one heard her.

I glared at her when suddenly my phone started ringing.

It is my mom. Let me give you a suggestion that never ever ignore or not answer your mom's call because all hell will be loose. So I went to answer it immediately by excusing myself.

"Hey mom" I said answering my phone.

"Maya come home as soon as you are done. Emma came to give us a surprise visit" my mom said happily into the phone.

"Really? I will be there in 10 minutes mom" I said and hung up my call.

I went to the table where we are sitting and "Guys I should go. My cousin came to give us a surprise visit" I said still smiling brightly by that news.

"Wait you can't just leave us and go" Sam said looking at me accusingly.

"But..Umm.." I said not knowing what to say because I really want to stay but Emma came from LA after so long and I can't wait to see her.

"It's okay Maya he is just messing with you. We are leaving anyway" Shane said coming to my rescue.

"Sue you man! I was just having fun and you have to spoil it just because.." Sam groaned.

I saw Shane giving a glare at him to which he stopped abruptly.

"Bye Maya" he said turning to me and I said my byes to everyone including him and left from there.

When I reached home I left my car in front of the porch throwing my car keys at the guard asking him to tell a driver who is available to park it in the garage.

Don't think I am spoiled or something just I was in a hurry so I needed to do that.

Going inside I directly went to the living room but there was no one except a maid cleaning the floor.

I looked around but couldn't find anyone not even mom.

"She is in the room" Julie our head maid who was living with us from two decades said coming from back.

I immediately went up by two stairs at a time making my way to her room in which she stays whenever she visits us.

I knocked her door and went inside not wasting a minute.

She was sitting on her bed when I jumped at her so I can hug her but made us both fall on the bed.

She gave me a "What the hell!" look to which I just apologised and help her getting up.

There is something you should know about Emma. She is mute from a young age.

So I learned sign language for her so I understand what she says even just by her looks and I am proud that we are that close. Same goes with her too when it comes to me.

"So what is this sudden surprise?" I asked her after we settled down.

"Wanted to spend my Christmas here" she gestured at me.

"That's a good idea and I will introduce my friends to you" I told her happily.

"Okay" she gestured smiling at me.

Remaining day I told her everything about what is going on in my life and even how Shane affects me to which she also joined the tease club.

After dinner we along with Meghan went to the theatre room to watch our favourite Disney movies and settled there.

Next morning we woke up in the theatre room not realising when we slept halfway through our last movie which I think was Tangled.

We went and got fresh up when I decided to call Kerry so she can come over and we can hangout.

Knowing Kerry she wouldn't be judgemental about Emma so it will be fun having her around.

They both started harassing me about Shane and how they are sure I am in love with him.

But I don't think anything about him like that. It is just as I said before he is intriguing that's it.

The week went on and one day Emma was so adamant about meeting Shane listening about him from Kerry.

Now I curse myself for introducing both of them.

Kerry insisted that she would ask the guys to hang out at a diner near our university and we can join them there.

So now we are on our way to the diner which is close to the college with a good ambiance.

As we reached the diner I saw Kerry waiting for us outside. We went to her and all of us went inside to where everyone is seated.

I saw that Emma was a bit nervous and I know why. Because she thinks people judge her as she couldn't talk or show pity but she doesn't like both of the things.

I assured her that these guys aren't like that and took her to the table.

We took our seats which the guys left for us and this time I am opposite to Shane instead of his side.

I looked at him and smiled to which he threw slight smirk as an acknowledgement.

"I see you brought a new friend" Sam said looking at Emma.

"Guys! This is Emma, my cousin" I told them introducing her to everyone.

She just waved at them with a small smile.

"So Emma what do you think about New York?" Cole asked her this time.

She looked at me not knowing how to answer so I decided to let it out.

"Guys!" I called loudly so I have everyone's attention now.

"Emma can't talk due to some reasons" I said looking at them to which everyone looked shocked but involuntarily my eyes went to see what Shane thinks but what I saw there made me see him differently.

All I saw there in his ever expressionless eyes was admiration. I don't know what exactly he is feeling but it was something I had never seen someone show her whenever I introduced her.

It made me really happy that he thinks about her like that and don't pity her.

"I admire your courage for being strong and accepting about it" I heard Shane's voice now directed to Emma.

She looked so happy by his words I even saw her eyes getting wet just because it is the first time an outsider saying this to her.

Just then the waiter came to take our orders when Shane turned to him asking "Hey Mark how are you doing today?"

"I am good what about you Mr. Mathews. I see you brought guests today" Mark replied pointing at us.

"Mark it's just Shane. No need of these formalities and I am doing great" he said in a friendly tone.

It was so new to see this side of Shane which I never encountered before.

"So what do you want for drinks?" Mark asked.

Shane turned towards me and Emma "A Coke would be fine for us both" I said knowing what exactly Emma drinks.

Kerry and the guys except Shane and Sam ordered theirs.

"Aren't you guys ordering?" I asked looking at Shane to which he said "We are regular here so Mark knows what we have"

"Yes Miss, Shane and Sam always have their regular whenever they visit us" Mark said.

"Oh Okay" I said when Mark asked "Will you order now or should I comeback?"

To which everyone decided to take some more time so he left us to bring our drinks.

I looked up to see Shane but he was already looking at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Please do comment and vote

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Lots of Love <3<3 :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 96.8K 129
T E A S E R: "Open your mouth," he whispered and I looked at him in confusion. "Open your mouth, Jackie." ••• When Bad Boys Fall is a Standalone from...
1.5M 42.6K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
707K 29.8K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
118K 3.3K 15
This is a love story between a man and a woman. If only things are as simple as they sound. Mr Kieran Knight, CEO of an Insurance Firm and Co-Owner o...