✯Twisted Minds [Tomura Shigar...

By colorgasm

Y/n was your typical average person. Kind, a little on the shy side and an active member of her community. Sh... More

Meeting
Week with a Villain
Welcome to the League of Villains
A Cry for Help
Probation
Recruitment
Desensitized
Homesick
Death of a Hero
A Much Needed Break
A Night Out
Conflicted
Bleed for Me
Scouting
Break In
Sent Away
Broken Down but Still Alive
Sink or Swim
Distant
Hideout Hunting
Sleight of Hand
Help Me Understand
Girls' Night
Damaged
Bedridden
Hell on Earth
Escape
New Beginnings
Supply Run
Revenge
Recovery
Stabbing Lessons
Progress
Level Up
A Different Kind of Practice
Royalty
Insecurities
❗Keep Moving Forward
Stalling for Time
Hate
Time Apart
Boredom
❗People Watching
❗Lust
Heart-to-Heart
A Step Forward
Seperation Anxiety
🍋Hate and Love
Jealousy
Target Aquired
One Final Night
Tartarus
Left Behind
Hope for the Future
Final Author's Note
Announcement

Preparations

5.8K 296 216
By colorgasm

Y/n sat with her back pressed against Tomura's chest. The blue-haired villain was resting his head on her shoulder. An arm firmly wrapped around her waist. Y/n's smoke bombs were spread out along the bed in front of them. She mentally counted and recounted each black orb as y/n decided whether or not she wanted to keep so many on her.

"Toga has more than enough blood," a raspy voice said. Y/n listened to Tomura. Although she was willing to throw in her input, she knew Tomura was thinking aloud and didn't need it. "Kurogiri retrieved a car key from the doctor. So Toga will be driving into Tartarus. Where would that car be hiding?"

Y/n leaned her head back and thought about it. "There's a parking garage a few blocks away from the bookstore." Y/n vividly remembered passing by it when Kurogiri sent her to the wrong location. "Won't it take too long to find, though?"

She felt Tomura shake his head. "Twice can speed up the process. I'll have him duplicate the key and send him, Toga and Compress out to go looking for it." Tomura sighed and rubbed his cheek into her neck. "It'll take a while, but not as long as you'd think."

"You said Himiko is going to drive into Tartarus?" y/n asked; "does she know how to drive?"

"Doubt it." Tomura lightly fidgetted with y/n's shirt collar and gently tugged at it. "Can you?" Y/n shook her head. "Spinner knows how to drive somewhat well. He will drive most of the way and trade-off with Toga later."

"And where will everyone else be?" y/n asked.

"Compress will use his quirk. Disguised as the doctor, Toga will smuggle us in. I had bought some explosives, but after our talk with that old man, I don't think they'll work anymore."

Y/n remembered Giran mentioning that Tomura had bought explosives in bulk. They've been sitting in boxes piled on the kitchen floor before Tomura had ever mentioned his Tartarus plan to anyone. "Even if they won't work on the doors, couldn't they be used as a distraction?"

Tomura chuckled close to her ear. "That's what I was thinking." He gave y/n a kiss on the cheek. "That's a good girl." Y/n felt her face flush.

"He said those doors were strong enough to keep the prisoners inside as well as keep everyone out." Tomura's reasonably light-hearted tone began to sound grim.

"That's impossible." Y/n tried her best to sound positive. "They can't account for every quirk. Surely either your quirk or Dabi's could open a door or two. And that's all you wanted, right? To prove to the world that The League can and will do whatever we want."

Tomura went silent for an uncomfortable amount of time. Y/n wondered if she was wrong, or maybe Tomura didn't like the tone she was using.

"Improbable, not impossible," Tomura finally said. "In your opinion, how much of what he said was a lie?"

Y/n paused and thought about it. "I can't say. I'm not that great at telling when other people are lying." Y/n anxiously chewed on her cheek. "I think it's best to assume he was telling the truth."

"Really?" Tomura asked. "Why's that?"

"Doors that can withstand any and all damage. Censors to indicate when a quirk is being activated. The amount of security around the prison in general. It sounds too secure to be real, doesn't it?" y/n asked. She paused, but Tomura didn't answer. "If we come up with a plan that's solid enough, it won't matter if he was bluffing or not. We'd be prepared."

Tomura was still just as quiet as ever. Y/n was beginning to regret talking in the first place, wondering if Tomura's silence meant she had said something stupid. The villain wrapped his other arm around y/n and pulled her in close. She felt Tomura's breath brush up against her skin. "Let's go talk to everyone else."

Tomura's arms slipped from y/n's waist and pull away from her. The blue-haired villain stood up and held his arm out before y/n. She could feel her heart race as she took his arm and jumped off the bed. "Have you heard from Giran at all?"

Y/n shook her head. "He hasn't messaged me in days. I really hope he's doing okay."

"That's fine. No ordering any last-minute things then." Y/n was a little relieved to hear that. Giran hates it when his clients try to make orders hours before they're needed. She was glad she wasn't going to have to hear Giran vent.

Y/n and Tomura stopped at the doorframe. "You're going to talk to Twice, Toga, and Compress. Let them know what they're going to be doing today, while I deal with Spinner and Dabi."

"All by myself?" y/n asked.

She felt Tomura's hand touch her shoulder. "I gave you the easy ones." She nodded in response.

Y/n followed behind Tomura as he entered Kurogiri's room. She stopped at the door, preferring to stay outside in the hallway. From the other side of the door, y/n could just barely make out the conversation the two villains were holding.

Tomura was informing Kurogiri that he was transporting him and y/n. The blue-haired villain then requested that Kurogiri accompany him. Kurogiri then made a small remark about how he was shocked y/n wasn't the one he was dragging around. Y/n couldn't hear Tomura's response clearly, but he sounded irritated. Y/n held in a quiet laugh, knowing Tomura was merely more or less embarrassed.

The door beside her caught y/n's attention. She turned around and faced the two villains standing at the door frame. Tomura held up a ring of keys in front of y/n's face. She held out her hand, and Tomura placed them down carefully.

An all too familiar portal opened up. She looked at Tomura, and their eyes met. Y/n's gaze then drifted to Kurogiri. "That's for me, I take it?" Y/n gave Tomura one last look as if to silently say goodbye.

Y/n found herself on top of a large building. After surveying the rooftop, y/n recognized where she was. The shadow-like villain dropped her off in this very spot when she worked undercover at the bookstore. Y/n sat down near the edge and looked down at the people walking, unsure what she was supposed to be doing.

Y/n watched a group of teenagers walk down the sidewalk while a few more trailed behind. Then everything went dark. She felt something warm cover her eyes. "Guess who!" a playful voice said in her ear.

"I wonder," y/n replied, clearly not making an effort to hide her sarcastic tone. The warm pair of hands lifted from her eyes. She turned around to see Himiko with her Cheshire smile standing before her.

She glanced behind the blonde girl and noticed Kurogiri's portal hadn't disappeared yet. Y/n greeted Himiko while she kept her eyes glued to the warp gate.

Two more figures passed through the portal. Now, there were four standing on the rooftop. Looking at the League members standing in front of her, y/n realized what exactly they were doing.

"Can you make copies of this?" Y/n tossed the keys to Twice. She watched as the blonde villain caught them and examined the objects in his hand. Y/n knew Twice would spend hours studying each specific key, making sure he made perfect replicas. "Just the car key will do," she said, recalling one key specifically had a logo engraved onto it, making it evident that it was a car key.

Himiko stayed close to y/n's side, while Compress stood a distance away from the group as Twice studied the car key. Y/n watched the blonde villain work, utterly fascinated by how much effort it was to use Double.

Twice returned the original set of keys to y/n, while holding a pair of matching car keys in his other hand. Y/n tucked the keys away in her pocket. She pointed down the road. "There's a parking garage that way, that's where we're going next."

Y/n led the way in front, Himiko followed along close to y/n. The two male villains trailed behind and talked while Twice smoked. Y/n felt a small pair of hands wrap around her arm. "Y/n," the blonde girl began; "you wanna know something?"

"Hm?" Y/n glanced down to Himiko, who was giving her a wide smile.

"When you give directions, you remind me of Tomura. You act a lot like him." Y/n turned her head away from Himiko and glanced over to the villains following behind. Twice was offering Compress a cigarette while they talked, and the showman-like villain declined. Himiko giggled, catching y/n's attention. "I can tell you admire him."

Y/n paused and thought about it. "Well, I look up to Giran, technically."

"So am I wrong?" Himiko asked with a little frown on her face.

"Maybe about that one," y/n replied. Himiko's frown faded, and her smile came back. Y/n instantly knew she had unintentionally stumbled into one of the girl's jokes. She decided to figuratively pull it off like a bandaid. "What's the smile for?" y/n asked.

"Well, if you don't admire him like a role model, then that means it's something else," Himiko reasoned. In a sing-songy tone, she continued. "I wonder what that something else is, what do you think?"

The parking garage was up ahead. Y/n acted as if Himiko didn't say anything and pointed at the tall concrete structure. "Hey, look, we're almost there." The blonde girl giggled and playfully mentioned how y/n was dodging the question. Y/n shrugged in response.

As y/n expected, the parking garage was nearly completely full. She spun around and faced the villains behind her. "We have three copies of the key, maybe we should split up? Two of us will start here, and the other two can check the top floor?" No one seemed to object to y/n's suggestion.

She could see in Himiko's eyes, that the blonde girl wanted to pair up with y/n. Before she had a chance to speak, y/n continued giving directions. "Jin, why don't you and Himiko head up? Mister and I will make our way up."

Twice slowly exhaled smoke from his mouth and tossed the remainder of his cigarette on the ground. He stepped on it as he cleared his throat. "Yeah, sure." Y/n could see Himiko was disappointed. She wasn't trying to get away from Himiko. Y/n had some questions, and she knew the girl wouldn't be able to give her the answers she needed.

Y/n and Compress watched Himiko and Twice walk to the elevator. They turned around as the door closed. The sound of mechanical whirrs and their footsteps echoed throughout the concrete building.

Y/n and Compress looked at the key. A logo was engraved on the key. "Well, at least we don't have to check all the cars," y/n said in an upbeat tone.

"I suppose you're right," Compress replied. The two walked along the bottom floor in almost complete silence. Occasionally, the two would stop at a car and see if the key would unlock the door.

"So, how come you all changed your minds?" y/n asked. Compress asked for more detail. "You all were so against this mission at first, I'm just curious about what changed."

"Nothing, really," the villain began. "We're still apprehensive about the whole thing." He paused for a moment. "Most of us. Ms. Toga was the most optimistic one since the beginning, but that's partially due to Stain and partially because she's so young. You youngsters can be so reckless."

Y/n lightly chuckled as she inserted a key into a car door and jimmied it. "You're not that old," she said. Y/n pulled out the key, and the two of them continued the search.

"Old enough to know that this mission could kill any of us," he replied. Y/n went radio silent for a moment. She knew he was right.

"Then why are you following through with this?" y/n asked.

"The same reason as everyone else. We're going along with it because we think Shigaraki is a good leader, and he somehow managed to form a coherent plan. We're putting our lives on the line because we think he will pull through in the end." Y/n had no idea The League thought so highly of Tomura. She always wondered why they chose to fight by Tomura's side, talking to Compress cleared a lot up.

A thought suddenly crossed her mind. "All of you?" she asked. Y/n could tell by the look on Compress' face that he knew precisely who y/n was referring to.

"Yes, even Dabi." Y/n noticed the light-hearted tone in the villain's voice. "He might not seem like it, but he respects Shigaraki just as much as the rest of us."

"The mission is tomorrow," y/n began; "what do you think about that?"

Compress was quiet for much longer than y/n anticipated. "Well, I did say the plan Shigaraki came up with was somewhat coherent. I trust that this will end in success."

"You think so?" y/n asked as she checked another car.

"Do you not?" he asked.

Y/n had to think about that. She wanted to support Tomura. However, something about going to Tartarus made her feel uneasy. "I don't know," y/n replied. She wished that she could lie. Y/n wanted to brush it off and say she was just as confident as everyone else in The League that Tomura will pull through. Something about it rubbed her the wrong way. It was a gut feeling she wasn't able to shake off.

Feelings aside, y/n wanted to give Compress more substance than a simple I don't know. "I suppose I'm not confident in what I can do. There isn't really a good place for me."

"I've heard that you've improved your fighting skills a considerable amount. I understand though, I'm no brawler myself. We'll just have to make do with what we can do, right?" Y/n knew talking to Compress was the right choice.

"You're right," she replied. Y/n looked up at the sign above the incline. "We're on floor three now." Y/n and Compress continued checking cars, a voice echoed from a distance.

"Y/n!" Both Compress and y/n looked over to see Himiko skipping in their direction, waving her hand in the air. Twice was following behind her. "We found it!"

With Compress walking by her side, y/n approached Himiko and Twice. They followed the villain pair up two levels until they stopped next to a dark blue car. The car appeared to be an older model, but it was well taken care of. The driver's side door was left wide open with Twice's fake key sticking out.

Compress stepped forward. "I'll go ahead and take this, we will need it tomorrow."

Y/n grabbed onto Compress' sleeve and lightly tugged. "Wouldn't it be a good idea to look inside first?"

Twice dug in his pocket and pulled out a plastic card. "We already checked. Found this."

Y/n took the card and examined it. The card had a picture of the now-dead doctor. The word Tartarus was written in bold lettering on top. Underneath it, y/n noticed it read floor two, block C. She flipped the card over and spotted what looked like a small bar code.

"We should definitely hold onto this," y/n mumbled. Against her better judgment, y/n handed the card off to Himiko. "Did you find anything else?"

Twice shrugged. "A driver's license." He reached into the car and pulled out the little card tucked away in a small compartment.

Y/n took the card and looked it over. She tapped on an address printed just below his picture. "Do you think we should swing by his house?"

"Have something in mind?" Compress asked.

"Well, if Himiko is going in disguise, wouldn't she need a lab coat or something?" y/n asked without directly talking about Himiko's quirk and one specific drawback.

The blonde girl's eyes lit up. "You mean I get to play dress-up too?!" Himiko rushed over and grabbed y/n's arm and playfully tugged.

"What do you two think?" Y/n looked to Twice and then to Compress, expecting one of them to give her their input.

"If that's what you want," Twice shrugged. "You're the boss."

Y/n gave Twice a strange look, taken aback by his comment. "Since when?"

"Temporary boss, that is. You spend a lot of time with Shigaraki." Y/n noticed Himiko frantically nodding her head in agreement. "I just assumed he left you with a list of things to get done is all." Y/n glanced at Himiko, who had stopped nodding and was now pouting.

"Uhm, not really," y/n admitted. "I'm just kinda making things up as I go."

Compress took the license from y/n and observed it. "I'm assuming Kurogiri is busy right now. However, I believe we'd be alright to traverse on our own."

Y/n gave Compress and affirmative nod, glad that everyone agreed with her plan. Compress walked up to the car and lightly touched it. A marble fell to the ground and rolled along the pavement. "I'll hold onto this." He picked up the small turquoise orb and placed it in his pocket.

The small group of villains walked to the train station. Y/n sat a distance away from the group; however, Himiko ended up following y/n and sitting close to her. The train was crowded, and that made y/n nervous. She recalled the last time she was on a train, Giran and her were stuck riding with a few UA students. None of them recognized Giran, but she had a feeling the same could be said about the three accompanying her.

Twice and Compress weren't wearing their costumes. Compress even went the extra mile and wore a long sleeve shirt and glove that covered over the mechanical arm. Himiko was more or less y/n's primary concern. She didn't wear any costumes to hide her identity, and she's getting to the age where the media will stop protecting her.

The train halted to a stop, and y/n saw Twice and Compress get up from their seats and exit in a crowd of people. Himiko and y/n simultaneously got up and hurried to follow them out before they missed their stop.

On the walk to the address posted on the license, the small group exchanged theories about what his house might look like. Y/n made it clear that she didn't care what it looked like. However, she was concerned that he might not live alone.

Himiko waved off y/n's concerns. The blonde girl added that she had plenty of blood already in her system. Enough for both Tartarus and any emergency situation that might be waiting for them at the house. Y/n felt relieved hearing Himiko confidently reassure her that she had everything under control.

"Hey look, I was right," Twice mumbled. "The house is way different than I thought it would." Y/n frowned at Twice, mentally noting that he's been doing so good at keeping his contradictory comments to himself so far today. She felt terrible for him, especially knowing how embarrassed he can get over it. Y/n hoped that they can find everything they needed quickly, so Twice can pull himself together sooner rather than later.

Twice dug into his coat pocket and pulled out a little silver box. "Hey, uh, can you do it for me? Not feeling good. I'm great right now."

Y/n took the box from Twice and opened it. The picks inside looked expensive. She wondered if he had gotten himself a new set recently as she picked one out. As y/n fumbled with the lock, she could hear Twice pacing back and forth while having a cursing match under his breath with the little voice in his head.

Y/n heard a click from the lock. She stood up and opened it. The hinges on the wooden door squeaked as it swung open. Y/n tried to give the little set back to Twice, but he was too occupied scolding himself to notice.

She turned around to see that Himiko and Compress were already inside. Y/n chose to stay outside with Twice and wait for him to sort himself out.

Twice was in a panic for several minutes. He did all of his usual tactics to calm the voice in his head. "Here," y/n offered, the now masked, Twice the small silver box.

"Thanks," he mumbled as he took the box and placed it back into his coat pocket. "We should rejoin the group." Y/n nodded in agreement and followed Twice into the house.

All things considered, Twice was almost spot on when they were debating what the doctor's house might look like. The house was small and very tidy. Y/n noticed noise coming from a cramped office and entered the room.

Compress was looking through some papers in a filing cabinet.  "Ah, nothing useful," he mumbled under his breath.

"Looking for something specific?"y/n asked as she circled around the office.

"No, not really," he admitted; "I thought it would be nice if he had any information on Tartarus here in his home."

"Well, he might," y/n tried to sound optimistic. She opened the desk drawer next to her as she dug through the papers.

Y/n and Compress were coming up shorthanded. She had wholly given up looking around the office; the doctor had mostly medical journals and other reading materials in his room. Y/n was now thumbing through a journal about quirk evolution theories while Compress continued his search.

"Having a good time reading?" Compress asked, y/n could hear a tinge of sarcasm in his voice.

She placed down the journal. "I mean, it was interesting." She knew that wasn't what Compress wanted to hear, and the look on his face confirmed it.

"I'm doctor Himiko!" a voice called out. Y/n peeked out of the office and heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs. Dressed in a lab coat that was too big for her, Himiko stopped in front of y/n and Compress. "What do you think?!" she asked; "do I look super smart?"

"You already are, though," y/n replied with a smile. "It looks good on you." Himiko beamed at her response.

"Other than getting Ms. Toga a new outfit, I think this venture wasn't the most eventful." Y/n turned around to see Compress walking out of the office and rejoining everyone.

Himiko grabbed the card they found in the car and clipped it to a coat pocket. "Now I'm extra official." Y/n smiled at Himiko. She was thankful the young villain was so relaxed about the mission. Time was quickly counting down, and her playful personality was helping y/n keep her mind at ease.

"I think we have everything we need, don't you?" Y/n's attention turned to Compress. "How about we go over everything Tomura and I have been talking about, then I'll have Kurogiri send you all to rest up for tomorrow."

"Sounds like a fair idea," Compress replied. Twice had already made himself at home and was sitting on a couch. Compress did the same and sat at an armrest. Y/n paced back and forth as she tried to recall everything they had learned about Tartarus and what last-minute changes Tomura had made to the plan.

"The more you talk, the more impossible this sounds," Twice mumbled as he pulled out a cigarette and light it. He lifted his mask just enough to let him smoke. "This is gonna be easy."

Y/n stopped pacing and stared at the semi-masked villain. "Doesn't it sound too impossible? Some of this has to be false information."

"Since you have us, it's safe to say Shigaraki is with Dabi and Spinner, correct?" Compress asked. Y/n nodded. "Then there may be even more changes. Both Dabi and Spinner are strategists at heart. They're probably concocting a new plan."

Y/n gave Compress a smile. "And the rest of us will just have to adapt to whatever they come up with."

Himiko shifted in her seat, it was clear she was beginning to feel bored. "I think that's enough talking for now," y/n said; "resting is more important."

Y/n turned away from the group and walked outside. While out, she called up Kurogiri. Y/n gave the shadow-like villain their new location. She hung up and felt the wind against her skin and listened to the sound of the leaves rustling. Y/n took a deep breath and enjoyed the peaceful silence.

By the time y/n reentered the house, everyone was gone. The only thing left by The League in the cozy room was a lone portal waiting to take y/n home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 9.8K 107
All Might is retired. The evil All For One is behind bars. Villains run rampant and pine after the newly dethroned underworld. And (Y/N)'s license e...
1.3K 89 18
A short Shigaraki x reader story What if someone before AFO saved Tomura? What if it was y/n that...
48.5K 2.1K 67
In a world where having a quirk is the norm, Y/n Midoriya is born without one. But when the League of Villains offers her a quirk, she can't refuse...
8.6K 231 17
From baggy pants, oversized hoodies, a short wig, large prescription glasses -all is used with the intention of hiding her femininity. Y/n is a freel...