The Man and the Mirror

By MachineKing123

When a plane crashes, there was only one survivor. In his dying moments he found a mirror unlike any other. I... More

The Trip
Family
Operation
Recovery mission
Project Lazarus
My Mind or Yours
Reconnaissance
Time to Wake Up
An Adjustment
Look Who's Awake
Getting to Know One Another
Mindscape

In my Time of Dying

1.7K 31 2
By MachineKing123

Light started to come back to his vision.

Pain was all he could feel.

He slowly sat up, causing pain to erupt from his legs. Will looked down to see his right leg was pinned underneath a crumbled part of the fuselage. His left leg had multiple jagged pieces of metal sticking out of it. How it didn't hit an artery he didn't know. But neither one way doing good. He slowly looked over his arms. His right arm was fine save for a few nasty scratches. But his left arm was pinned under a massive like of chairs.

"Oh this isn't good." He said to himself.

"Someone help." He yelled as he looked around for anyone to help. But everyone was either dead, missing or fish food.

The plane shook under him, causing the chairs to tighten their hold on his left arm.

There as multiple things of clothing as well as sharp metal around. He quickly pondered his situation.

"Alright I'm stranded off the coast, on a plane that's unstable, my arm and leg is trapped and my other leg is basically shredded .Any bad ideas." He said to himself.

"okay maybe you can use something as a lever to get your arm and leg out." he looked around but didn't find anything.

"Okay maybe you can make the chairs fall off your arm." He tried to push the chairs with his right arm but nothing more than added weight was done.

He could hear the shattered bone in his left arm as well as more blood come from it.

"Come on think, your going to bleed out if you don't do something." He said to himself.

He looked around to take stock of what he can do and grab.

"Oh this is not gonna be fun." He looked at the belts and sharp piece of aluminum.

He grabbed the belt and tied it just above the elbow of his left arm and almost to the top of his right leg.

"Here goes nothing." He bit the collar of his coat as he started to cut his right leg. The pain was unimaginable but he couldn't stop, he had to keep going. He had to break through the bone to cut all the way through.

He panted in tiredness and pain as he looked at his right stump.

"Here we go again." As he laid eyes apon his left arm. He had to carve away at it. The pain almost felt even worse than the leg. The only saving Grace was that the bone was already broken. We he finished he could finally move.

"The fuck." He looked at his Scewered left leg. He tried to move it to no avail. "Well ain't that just fucking dandy."

The had to drag and wiggle himself out with his one working arm and stumps. It hurt immensely when he had to use the stumps. Blood was everywhere as you made his way to the broken open front section of the plane. The shards of metal in his leg scrapped along the broken and bloody carpet made him wince. He grabbed onto the broken ledge where the cockpit had smashed into something.

He looked to see cracked blue/green crystalline.

"What the hell." He said as he looked through his cracked glasses.

There was a top of what they smashed into. Deciding to go he crawled over the jagged pieces of metal to see a massive crystalline platform. It had a bunch of strange green pads on it, with a large central one in the middle. All of them but one were either cracked or outright broken.

He crawled onto the pad and sprawl his working limb out on the floor. He just sat there bleeding for a few moments before you start to notice his chest starts to hurt as well. "Oh great, possible cracked ribs on top of the list."

He just sat there painfully breathing before he noticed something shiny close by.

He flipped over, wincing as he landed on his chest. He made his way to the shiny object. Hoping it was some sort of radio or maybe a phone that wasnt completely fucked.

But as he got closer he realized it wasn't anything like that.

"A mirror?"

He looked into the cracked glass and picked it up. He inches his way backwards to a wall that jut out of the pad.

He examined the old-fashioned device. It was made of metal that was elegantly designed. But the interesting part was that there was a cracked blue gemstone on the back.

"Wonder what you might be worth it I got out of here." He chuckled to himself. "Blue and teardrop shaped. I'm guessing from the structure and color your a Lapis Lazuli. Why am I taking to myself, no one but me is even alive out here."

Will turned the mirror over to see his face. His long hair was a complete mess. His glasses were cracked in several places, and there was blood streaming down his face. "Don't I just look like a pretty fucking princess." He caughed as he laughed to himself.

"No one... alive?" He heard a voice.

"Now I know I'm going crazy, hearing fucking voices."

"No...crazy." he looked down. The voice was coming from the mirror.

"Are you doing that." He asked.

"Here." It said.

"Can you only say what you've heard?"

"I...talk." it said.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes." It said.

"Huh, so you got yes and no down, then how bout some questions for the dying man.

"Dying?" It asked.

"Well if I don't get help soon then yeah. I'm probably going to bleed out soon if rescue doesn't come."

"Bleed out?"

"Yeah the blood in my body is leaving out of the stumps of my former limbs."

"Why...no.... limb?"

"Because they were trapped and I had to cut them off to get free. The belts currently tied around them is only slowing the bloodloss."

"Are you sentient." He asked

"Yes."

"Huh, what have you been doing here sitting around."

"Sitting around."

"Seems pretty boring." He smiled.

"Pretty boring."

"Your pretty funny for a mirror *caugh*."

"Your pretty funny for a mirror."

"I'm not a mirror. But the question is what are you. Are you human?"

"No."

"What are you then?"

"Gem."

"Your the gemstone?"

"Yes."

"As in an actual gemstone is you."

"Yes."

"Huh, that's a new one." He said.

His vision was getting fuzzy as the pool of blood slowly got bigger.

"Well then are you an alien."

"Yes."

"Huh, well then I guess I get to say I made an alien friend. Hope your a better one than The ones I got."

"Friends?"

"Yeah friends, people your close to. I never really had many friends, I guess I just never really tried. Or I was just to weird for anyone to hang out with me. And almost all of my few good friends moved away when I went to college." He said with a tear in his eye. It fell down his face and mixed with the blood.

The mirror was silent for a bit after that.

"I...not...have....friend."

"Why not?"

"Not okay."

"Not okay? You mean you weren't allowed to have any of you were somehow more socially awkward then me."

"Not possible."

"Well I can be your friend."

"Really." It asked somehow hopeful.

"Yeah, but I don't know if we will be for long. I'm probably gonna die soon, my vision is getting blurry."

"No!"

"I'm glad I had someone to talk to in my last moments. Thank you for talking to me lapis...." His eyes closed as he slowly slumped over.

"Nooooo." It frantically said as it tried to do something. It tried it's hardest to do something. But like the last 5000 years it couldn't escape the prison.

It just laid there as Will was taking his last breaths.

It finally had someone to talk to, someone who would listen, someone to be a... friend.

But as it was giving up it heard a rumble of something in the distance. It looked out the glass and saw multiple flying objects coming closer. It appeared to be a flying object. It was white with a red Cross on the side.

It then found a new feeling, what was it? Determination, a new motivation? Whatever it was gave it newfound strength.

It tried with all it's might, tried to move the water in the blood to stay inside of him. There was cracking sounds as it tried harder and harder to do what it wanted. Finally there was a little splash of light where the mirror met the gem. It was partly free, it was short lived elation as it knew what it needed to do.

Slowly the blood from the ground slowly krept back into the veins that they came out of. It made sure to make it flow in the right directions.
______
There is no one that survived the crash. Let's go and report this to the coast guard." One of the pilots said.

But then there was a glint on the crystalline pad. It was well known around the area. But it was illegal to go there. And anyone that did was either arrested or mysteriously dissapeared.

"There's someone down there." One of the medics in the back said over the com.

"I'll bring you over."

The helicopter then lowered itself onto the platform. Being careful to not touch the walls with the rotors or the wheels with the pads.

The medics immediately jumped from the helicopter and ran toward the body.

"It's just a kid." The female medic said.

"Doesn't matter, check for a pulse."

She quickly put her ear to the blood stained green shirt. She found a slow and low pulse as well as slow shallow breathing.

"He's alive but just barely...wow." she said.

"What?" He asked as he loaded the stretcher.

"Look at his blood."

He looked at at and almost jumped. The blood was moving through the air at his arm and legs. Connecting the severed veins to each other.

He quickly shook his head. "We can worry about it later, we need to move him now."

They quickly and carefully out him on the stretcher. They were curious about the mirror he had a deathgrip on but paid it no mind as they loaded him into the back of the chopper.

"You stay here and look for other survivors, more vehicles will be here soon." The female one said.

He quickly jumped off the chopper and started looking around the crash site.

"We need to go now, I don't know how long he's going to stay alive."

The pilots immediately took off and sped toward the mainland.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1K 11
Lapis is back on Earth and decides to stay with Peridot in hopes of healing the scars between the two of them. Little does she know that her and Per...
5.5K 138 30
school is annoying when you are always bullied but what happens when a new student saves you and become your hero (All Characters are half humans hal...
246K 5.9K 24
Even after being on Earth for some time and being with the Crystal Gems, Lapis still finds it difficult to adjust to Earth and forget her past. Going...
2K 91 11
When a practically helpless young girl named Caramel also survives in the ever-famous plane crash, only a team-up with PixelAwesome and PixelZnimatio...