INDIAN MEDICAL FICTION

By smart_girls2

Short stories based on medical imaginations. Its based on Indian Medical system. More

Akhil & Anu
Arjun & Mythili
Akhil & Anu (Part - 2)
Akhil & Anu (Part-3)
Meera
Ranveer & Ananya ( Part - 1)
Ranveer & Ananya (part-3)
Shalini
Thanu (Part-1)
Thanu (Part-2)
Thanu (Part-3)
Akhil & Anu
Maya
Akhil & Anu
Akhil & Anu
Meera
Mythu
Sakshi
Vidoy
Daksh & Rupa
Monica
Abinaya- 1
Abinaya-2
Akhil & Anu
Abinaya 3
Mythu
Deepika
Akshay & Tina(Part-1)
Akshay & Tina (Part-2)
Akshay & Tina (Part-3)
Meera
Akhil & Anu
Mythu
Lizzie
Deepika
Neha
Akshay & Tina
Anusha (Part-1)
Anusha (Part-2)
Anusha (Part-3)
Anusha (Part-4)

Ranveer & Ananya (Part-2)

4K 57 3
By smart_girls2

The next morning :

        I reached the hospital early since I don't want to make her feel alone. I pressed my fingers in the biometric and went to Ananya's room. She is awake and smiling at me when I entered the room. Her mom and dad are sitting beside her since it is their visiting hours but it is going to end in 5 minutes.

"How she is doing?" her dad asked me when I reached her bed. I smiled at him.

"She is fine, nothing to worry." I said.

"I want to bath" Ananya said.

"I am sorry, you have to wait for three more days. You can clean your body with the wet cloth but you have to be careful" I said. She pouted her lips.

"Okay, our time is over. We will come tomorrow. Take care, Ranveer" they said smiling at me. I nodded my head. She kissed Ananya's head and they both went out.

I took my stethoscopes and checked her pulse which was quite normal.

"Do you feel any pain?" I asked her checking her eyes. She shook her head.

The nurse knocked the door and entered inside with a tray in her hand. She wished me and I just simply stood beside Ananya. She looked at me with a fear filled eyes knowing clearly that what we gonna do next.

" Don't make me upset in the early morning itself. I don't want any more injection please" she begged and started trying to sit in the bed.

I stopped her and said, "Try to understand your situation. You are still not cured completely. You have to bear all these for 3 more days. Don't worry, she will do it without any pain." she showed an shocked expression for the last sentence.

She came close towards me and whispered in my ear," Don't let her do it. You do it for me. " my eyes widened after hearing. The nurse was facing her back so she can't hear anything.

I held a confused look and she again whispered, " Hers is very painful than yours" I was laughing inside.

This time I went towards her and said, "Someone said that an injection is an injection and it doesn't matter who is giving it. You know who told that." I said smirking at her. She is now showing her full teeth smiling.

Suddenly, the nurse turned towards us with a needle at her hand. I looked towards Ananya and she held a pleading look. I smiled at her.

" You go and check the patient on room no.115. I will take care of her" I said to the nurse. She immediately nodded and left the room.

"Thank you" Ananya whispered.

"Shall I call some other nurse to give you?" I asked and decided to play with her. Her expression was worth watching. She immediately shook her head and I was laughing at her.

"Don't laugh at me. Just do it fast" she said.

I took the needle in my hand and asked her to turn around. She did immediately but she turned her head and said, "Please, do it slowly. Show some mercy on me." It made me smile again. I pulled her dress down and wiped the area. I can see that her body is very stiffened now.

"Set your body free Ananya. Don't compress it. What your parents said?" I asked to distract her. I was about to insert the needle.

She said," I won't say anything until you finish this." I sighed.

"That will distract you truly but you are not accepting it. Fine" I said and inserted. She clutched her pillow tightly. I did it fastly and removed it. I pulled her another side pants.

"Ohhh nooo! Enough!! I can't take another" she screamed.

"No other way and I am sorry" I said and jabbed the needle. She screamed and I pulled it out.

"Ouch.. That hurts" she said and turned towards me.

"Still I need your blood work" I said looking at her. She looked at me immediately in shock.

"No. I don't want it." she ordered.

"I am going to call Kabir for doing that" I informed her and she immediately brightened her face.

"Wow, ask him to come along with the icecream" she said like a kid. Wow!! She is cute.

I nodded my head and called him. After few minutes, he entered with his bright smile.

"Hi sister, hello Veer" he said as soon as he stepped infront of us.

"Where is my icecream?" she asked towards him. He was looking at me shocked.

"You still remember that? Okay, I will buy you in the evening. Now, let him do his work" he said sitting in the bed beside her.

"Fine. Do it" she said and closed her eyes tightly. We both smiled at her antics.

I prepared for the test and I took her arm. I found a vein and wiped it. She hissed in pain when I inserted. I took the blood I needed and wiped her arm.

"Okay be with her till I come. I will be back in few minutes " I said and started moving to the lab.

After an hour, I went back to the room and she was laying in the bed. Kabir went before because of some emergency. She is awake. Slowly I sat in the chair beside the bed. She looked at me and smiled.

We were talking continuously. She is very talkative and here I thought she is a calm person. I like her way of talking, I just feel like I want to hear her voice all the time.

In the afternoon, I gave her lunch and we both ate together. She is making me laugh all the times by saying all kinds of jokes. I am slowly attracting towards her.

After that, I gave her an injection which she refused at first and then allowed me. Now, she is sleeping peacefully and I am looking at her beautiful face.

Later that evening, I was immersed in my phone. I looked towards her and I can tell that she is shivering while sleeping. So immediately I went towards her and touched her cheeks. Oh god! It's burning like hell.

I called the nurse and I checked all her vitals. Her temperature is very high and I was really panicked. I just tried to wake her up and she did after few minutes of calling her name.

She just smiled at me but my face was showing full panic mode. I asked the nurse to call Kabir immediately. She went out.

"What happened?" Ananya asked confusion taken over all her face.

"You are burning up. It is not supposed to come when I am treating you." I said. Realization hits her and she touched her head.

She tried to wake up but she itself laid down immediately. "My body is paining" she said closing her eyes.

"I know, just calm down. Don't worry" I said to conform her. But the problem is I am freaking out here.

Kabir entered along with the nurse and I informed him the situation.

"Okay, we will take her blood and see. We have to inform the chief about this and we need to do a spinal tap tomorrow because she has a excess fluid in her back and I don't know how she is going to react." he said to me and I just nodded at him. Ananya was looking at us curiously. She didn't heard anything we talked.

"You can tell me anything. No problem, I am just okay" she said looking towards us. We both moved towards her.

"Nothing Annu. You could not catch up a fever right now, it must be something different so we are looking towards it. I am gonna take your blood sample now" Kabir said smiling all the way to comfort her but she was hell panicked by her looks.

"No. Nothing is left in my body. How many times will you take my blood? Please don't" she whinned.

"Just one more time. Relax for me now." he said touching her shoulder. She shook her head violently and he is now looking at me.

"You just calm her, I will do it" I said moving towards the cabinet.

"Nooooooo. Please, nooo doctor" she screamed. I just hate when she called me doctor.

I took the needle and went beside her. She started crying and Kabir sat beside her in the bed. She layed her head onto his shoulder. He was rubbing her back gently but her tears are flowing continuously.

I tied the band around her arm and wiped it. I looked for the vein and inserted the needle. Her crying becomes louder than before. I did it fastly as much as I can and pulled the needle out. I wiped her arm again to ease the pain.

I gave the blood to the nurse and asked her to get the result immediately. Kabir was consoling her and she is still crying her eyes out.

After an hour, Ananya was lying in the bed with her red eyes. Kabir was sitting beside me. The nurse entered the room with the result.

I opened the file and Kabir was also looking into it. We both looked at each other when we knew that what is wrong.

"What happened?" she asked looking to us with her full tired body. She is very scared right now and I chose to be silent.

"It's just...... Nothing. Your body is not accepting the medicines we are giving you. We need to give you some other medicines." Kabir said instead of me.

"Am I going to die?" she asked tears forming in her eyes. We both stood up and Kabir went nearer and hugged her.

"No Annu, you are not. We are not letting you die. This is a simple problem and we have a solution so don't worry" Kabir said comforting her. I know she is crying in his chest.

After few minutes, he said, "Okay Annu. We are going to give you some medicine for reducing your fever."

"No more injection" She immediately said when he finished that sentence.

"Ohh baby, you really need those. Then how will your fever reduce? Don't freak out, just calm down" he said sitting beside her.

Her eyes started tearing. I too just sat in the bed beside her because I don't know what I have to do to comfort her. She looked up at me after few minutes.

"What I did wrong? Why I have to endure this pain because of someone's mistake? It's been a week still I am not relieved from this. I am really grateful to both of you for saving me but I don't have any energy left in my body. You both are now making me scary. I don't want to do this. Just let me free. " she said calmly and watering her eyes.

This time I took her hand and patted her, she looked to me amazed.

" Try to understand our situation Ananya. Trust us, we will make you better. Just endure this pain for two more days and then you will be set free." I said. The thing which shocked me was she just nodded her heads immediately. Kabir smiled at me.

He stood and went towards the cabinet. I am still patting her hands and she is still looking at me but silently crying.

" Where you want me to give her the shots?" Kabir asked turning.

"It's better if we do it in her thigh" I said and looked at her. She widened her eyes but didn't spoke anything.

I stood and covered her with the quilt from her stomach to her thigh. She may feel uncomfortable around two men.

Kabir turned and came towards us, "Are you ready Annu?" he asked touching her shoulders. She nodded her heads but we both know that she is not ready and we don't have any other option.

The nurse came and pulled her pants slowly without affecting the quilt. She pulled till her knees and the quilt was covering above her mid thigh so it will not be uncomfortable for her I guess.

Kabir took the needle and a wipe in his hand. The moment she saw the needle, she started crying hardly. I immediately went towards her and she hugged me from her sitting position. I too sat beside her and consoling her. I asked Kabir to proceed.

He wiped and did it. She is crying hardly in my chest. She is sobbing as hell. I was saying many comforting words but she is screaming because of the pain. He pulled and wiped it. I know still there is two more to go.

Without giving a break, he did the another needle. She was screaming to stop. I just held her tightly and locked her hands in my one hand. He slowly pulled it outside and wiped her. He is continuously apologizing her.

She was panicking more and I asked Kabir to give her a break. She is not even breathing because of her sobbing hardly. He is rubbing her thigh to ease the pain.

"Just one more Annu, are you okay?" he asked slowly. She shook her head violently. He looked at me and I signalled him to hold on.

"Okay, I will do it after few minutes. Now just relax for me" he said touching her head. She will not accept to proceed even if we wait the whole evening. So I just signalled Kabir to proceed without making a sound. He sighed first and took the needle.

He fastly wiped and inserted the needle in the other thigh making her scream even more.

"I... I... I can't.. It... It's.. It's paining..pl....please" she said inbetween her sobs. He finally did it and rubbed both her thigh. The nurse adjusted her pant to the original position and she took off the quilt from her.

Kabir too sat beside her the other side and we both continuously consoling her. After a few minutes, her sobbings reduced. So I layed her on the bed again and Kabir wiped her tears from her cheek.

I went outside to inform the chief and Kabir is still consoling her. She definitely hate us for this.

After I returned, I saw her sleeping peacefully. Kabir is no where inside the room so after my shift, I went to home with an unknown feeling raising inside me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317 28 11
These will be the oneshots of every topic like murder revenge marriage love hate etc ........ I will write some dark oneshots I hope you will like it...
2.6K 83 30
For when I don't feel like updating my other stories. These are mostly my own ideas, but I will take prompts.
27.3K 408 68
Just what the title says! All one-shots will be x reader. I will only write fluff and angst, no lemon, I don't like sexualizing at all and I'm not co...
80 14 23
Random oneshots of little sections of the lives of different people living different lives and worlds/realities. Names mentioned here are all complet...