Energy (D.P./M.H.A.)

By artistwriterdreamer

Danny only blinked at Clockwork before he pinched his nose, sighed, and waved in his direction. "So lemme get... More

. 0 .
. 1 .
. 2 .
. 3 .
. 4 .
. 5 .
. 6 .
. 7 .
. 8 .
. 9 .
. 1 0 .
. 1 1 .
. 1 2 .
. 1 3 .
. 1 4 .
. 1 5 .
. 1 6 .
. 1 7 .
Discooordd
. 1 8 .
. 1 9 .
. 2 0 .
. 2 1 .
. 2 2 .
. 2 3 .
. 2 4 .
. 2 5 .
. 2 6 .
. 2 7 .
. 2 8 .
. 2 9 .
. 3 0 .
. 3 1 .
. 3 2 .
. 3 3 .
. 3 4 .
. 3 5 .
. 3 6 .
. 3 7 .
. 3 8 .
. 3 9 .
. 4 0 .
. 4 1 .
. 4 3 .
. 4 4 .
. 4 5 .
. 4 6 .
. 4 7 .
. 4 8 .
. 4 9 .
. 5 0 .
. 5 1 .
. 5 2 .
. 5 3 .
. 5 4 .
. 5 5 .
. 5 6 .
. 5 7 .
A/N

. 4 2 .

973 71 5
By artistwriterdreamer

It wasn't long before Sam figured out that there was more to Midnight than just the nearly too skin-tight suit and sadistic tendencies she tended to show. She knew how to help Sam with the distribution of the pollen to create a veil or even a whole cloud of polled to create a mine-field in which her opponent couldn't even see where they were standing. Sam appreciated the effort Midnight put into teaching her everything she knew in as little time as possible while still keeping a pace Sam could keep up with.

Tucker was having a field-day with Cementoss giving him pointers and tips on how to increase range and gain more control over his marbles. Within a small 15 minutes, he was making tornadoes out of the metal orbs, making stairs for himself, and trying to distract Sam with making figures right in her field of vision. He grinned as she made a small Venus Flytrap snap at his feet from below.

"I believe a match would be in order since you seem so excited to fight each other," Midnight laughed as they started exchanging small attacks with each other, each one growing a little more powerful.

Within a few minutes, they were standing face-to-face over the length of the field, Midnight on the side and Cementoss have gone to teach another class. "Sparring time!" Midnight exclaimed.

"Last time we tried to do this was when Danny was being cocky and we didn't even get the chance to spar," Tucker laughed as Sam cracked her knuckles. "Did he teach you anything or was he just being a pain in the a-"

"He actually helped me with some things, thank you very much," she swiftly interrupted him with a smirk.

Tucker wiggled his eyebrows. "But what things?"

"Are you two ready?!" Midnight exclaimed excitedly as she held up one arm as if she were holding a flag. "Usual rules, etcetera, begin!"

Tucker shot forward, running over a bridge of marbles as Sam made vines erupt from the ground and start shooting towards him. Tucker deflected the attacks by cutting the vines, and skidded to a halt at the end of the bridge, looming over Sam. Using both hands, he made the marbles he had left shoot towards her.

Sam used a lily pad to re-route the attack to the side, making Midnight yelp and duck to avoid getting hit. "Sorry!" she yelled, before making a vine that lifted her to be on the same height as Tucker stood, hands on his knees and marbles shaking out of exhaustion. "What did we say about scaling attacks, Tucker?"

"Don't start with the biggest one ya got and save some energy for later," he panted. "And I listened," he grinned. The bridge disappeared beneath his feet, and he fell before grabbing a hold of Sam's vine. He blinked up at her and smirked at seeing her wide eyes. Holding out one arm, the marbles came back from where they were on the floor and started moving towards the vine, just above where Tucker was hanging.

Sam was quick enough to see what he was planning and made a second lily pad, on which she jumped just as the vine came crashing down on the field. Sam stood up on her makeshift plateau and shot a challenging look at Tucker as he climbed upon the top of her old vine.

"Quick thinking," he complimented her, marbles hanging behind him menacingly.

"Good attack," she replied, pollen forming around the base of her lily pad.

Midnight let out a sigh.

Kids.

Midoriya had changed tactics since the start of the match. Instead of going for a frontal attack, he had started sprinting around the field, hoping to catch Danny off-guard. Unfortunately for Midoriya, Danny's reflexes and predictions were on point, and Midoriya couldn't get a single hit in.

Danny, however, was not even trying to get a hit in. He just sidestepped Midoriya's charges at him and was already moving to dodge the next one. The edges of the field seemed to be closing in on him, and he moved towards the corner as he kept dodging. At seeing Midoriya charge at him with full, speed, he ducked.

Midoriya's feet had already left the ground, and there was little he could do to stop his trajectory out of the field. Rolling when he hit the floor, he looked at Aizawa with a defeated face as he got back up again. "I went out of bounds, didn't I?" he asked, already accepting defeat.

"No."

Danny's head shot from Midoriya to Aizawa. "We can use the whole room?"

"Yes."

Danny saw Midoriya formulating a whole new tactic in his head within a few seconds, and he had to blink a few times to fully grasp the situation. Midoriya hadn't gone out of bounds? They could use the entire room? Not just the field? He hadn't won yet?

"Wait, what?"

Midoriya had already shot up from where he stood, hopping from the floor to the ceiling to the walls, on the floor, and back to the wall again. 'One of the Pros uses this technique non-stop,' he thought as he kept bouncing, 'moving so fast his opponent couldn't see him coming anymore.' He held onto the wall closest to the field and concentrated as he looked at his target, breathed out, and pushed off the wall. 'Gran Torino, don't fail me now.'

Midoriya's research into Gran Torino's style proved to be useful as Danny had to whirl around at not spotting Midoriya in his field of vision anymore, and came face to face with said teen shooting towards him. Resisting the urge to turn intangible, he held up his hands in a reflex and closed his eyes, nearly praying his powers wouldn't bail out on him. Feeling the surge of energy move from inside him to around him, he grunted and moved his arms to besides him.

Midoriya was quick enough to move his legs forward and came to a crouch on the side of the dome Danny had formed around him. "That was so quick!" he exclaimed.

"Thank you."

The dome grew in size, and quick. Midoriya was catapulted off and skidded to a halt a good ten meters away. His head snapped up as he stood up, watching how Danny created small shields out of the dome that circled him, a ball of Energy growing in his palm. Midoriya swallowed. He knew exactly just how powerful that small thing could be, and there was no way he could determine just how powerful this particular one was until it would hit its target and explode.

Which was probably gonna be him.

He started hopping around again, hoping to confuse Danny with his movements, but Danny didn't move from his spot and didn't even try to follow Midoriya with his eyes. Could he track where he was? As if Danny had tagged him? Could he use his own emitted Energy as a tracker, feeling where it was? The possibilities were endless--

Danny made a small shield shoot from their formation around him and head-butted Midoriya onto the ground. He winced as the teen made impact with the floor, but made no move to help him up. The small shield retracted, and Danny cocked his head as Midoriya coughed and wobbly stood back up again. "You good?" he asked, feeling a bit guilty.

"Fine!" Midoriya replied, a determined smile on his face. "That was so cool," he breathed to himself. Manipulating one's own emitted powers so that it made a platform instead of a powerful attack was something he had never really considered, mostly since the experience he had with emitters were from Bakugou, and he couldn't exactly do that.

He could only imagine his face if he were seeing this right now.

"Go, Danny!" Midoriya's gaze found Tucker, who came skipping in with Sam trailing behind him. She seemed agitated for some reason, and when she saw Danny, she nearly exploded on the spot. The un-yelled 'what' hung heavily in the air, and Danny faltered. Midoriya's heart sped up.

This was his chance.

He swiftly crouched and shot forward for a frontal attack again, and with Danny distracted by his friends entering the room, he was too late to see Midoriya charge. Midoriya pulled a fist back and went for it with all his might.

His fist connected with Danny.

Midoriya kept moving, after Danny, who slammed with the wall with his back. Midoriya tripped over his feet and fell forward, arms stretched out before him. He blinked at the new perspective and found Danny looking down on him. "You always that clumsy?" Danny laughed.

"Usually, yes," Midoriya replied with a smile, grunting as he sat back up. Aizawa had run over, Sam and Tucker shooting out past him.

"That was one hell of a hit," Tucker noted as he crossed his arms and looked down at the two on the floor. "And Midoriya didn't even need to get hit to go down."

"Bad, Tucker," Sam said without looking at him. Her hands were itching to take Danny's right one, and he gave it to her with a small apologetic smile. "I thought I told you to not make the freaking fireballs with your gloves still at Hatsume," she gritted out. "Stupid."

"He needs it on loop in his head to remember not to," Tucker laughed, dancing away from Sam's smacking hand.

"Are you two alright?" Aizawa was suddenly in front of Midoriya, and he blinked back.

"I-I'm alright!" Midoriya hurriedly replied at seeing his teacher's look. "I just...tripped over my own feet. That's all."

"He burned his hand and got slammed into a wall," Sam replied before Danny could say he was fine. She shot a glare before he could deny it. "Recovery Girl is going to have yet another field day because of you."

"He hit me!"

"Don't get distracted, then," Aizawa piped in with a glint in his eyes. He then sighed and stood up. "We should get both of you to Recovery Girl. And no more tripping, Midoriya."

Midoriya laughed. "I'll try."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.3K 22
Parents recently divorced, Dad takes your sister and Mom gets you. Gotta move, yay. Going to live in a strange town called Amity Park. Your life is a...
2.9K 134 26
🎉*Completed*🎊 After being killed in the prison tommy thought his life was over and done with until he heard a very familiar voice. This is when he...
137K 4.4K 21
Danny Phantom, Young Justice/DC crossover; As more ghosts end up in Amity park, the mysterious 'Danny Phantom' seems to be getting more attention t...
324 22 16
Everyone's special, huh? Everyone's got something unique about them, or at least, that's what parents tell you. "Well, Why makes you unique?" I click...