Claimed by the Viking

By __Jeannette__

It must have been a goddess. That he was sure of. In the middle of those dark ashes, a body was laid down, wr... More

Prequel : Lost and Found
Chapter 1 : Rise and Shine
Chapter 2 : Trial and Error
Chapter 3 : Back and Forth
Chapter 4 : Said and Done
Chapter 5 : Ins and Outs
Chapter 6 : Give and Take
Chapter 7 : Trust and Hold
Chapter 8 : Rights and Wrongs
Chapter 9 : Heal and Care
Chapter 10 : Alive and Unsure
Chapter 11 : Wet and Wild

Epilogue : Origins and Happiness

34.9K 1.2K 131
By __Jeannette__

The feast was going full swing at the Clan.

Jarl Tharn had just married Adelheid, and even if the elders from the Clan disapproved and kept on saying he should have married a Viking princess, they had no other choice to accept it as people feasted their Jarl's wedding.

Adelheid and Tharn were sitting side by side on a large settee in the main yard and people from neighboring Clan were presenting them gifts as congratulations.

Even if Adelheid now knew how to speak and understand Norse language quite well, the accents of other Clans would be quite different, and therefore Tharn translated things to her so that she didn't feel out of place.

Jarl Nottolv had gifted them some silk sheets with a wink, and he had presented a gift only for Adelheid, which was some nursing tools for the nursing house, coming from far away, which she thanked him greatly for.

An old man was approaching slowly, two younger ones accompanying him as he came to Adelheid and Tharn.

People around watched curiously as he bent down and held out a small chest towards Adelheid.

"This is Jarl Reidmar. You can go!" Tharn encouraged her to take it, which she did with a soft smile, touched by the attention. As she opened the chest, she remained paralyzed. Tharn approached to see what had her so surprised.

"Tharn, I have the same necklet!" She told him as she showed him the chest. Indeed, it was the same necklet he had seen many times in between his wife's breast.

He turned towards the old man and talked to him in Norse.

"My wife has the same necklet. She inherited it from her mother. How is that possible?" He asked as Adelheid pulled her own necklet to show the old man.

His eyes opened wide as he saw they were the same. His stare went to Adelheid and finally, a smile appeared on his lips as his eyes went teary.

He spoke some words that Adelheid didn't understand, and Tharn turned towards her, surprised.

"Who was you mother little goddess?"

"She was named Asgjerd. She married my father on order of the King of North Umbria."

Tharn immediately translated that to the old man who beamed at her. He was radiant as he turned towards the two men who accompanied him and spoke with them before taking with Tharn.

Adelheid's husband turned towards her with a soft smile.

"Asgjerd is the name of Jarl Reidmar's daughter. She was brought to North Umbria to marry someone and he never had any news from her after that. Adelheid was the name of her mother and of Jarl Reidmar's wife. He believes you are his granddaughter Adelheid."

Adelheid slowly walked to him as the old man took Adelheid's hand and made an effort to speak slowly and clearly so that she would understand.

"You are as beautiful as your mother."

For the rest of the evening, Adelheid spent time with her mother's family. She learned she had two cousins, Sverri and Thorolf, who was to take Jarl Reidmar's place as a Jarl later. They were the tall men who had accompanied him in front of her.

Even the elder had nothing more to say about their union.

Tharn didn't leave his wife's side for the rest of the night, happy that she was finally fully his, and that he was finally fully hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 14.8K 15
When they both were forced into engagement by elders. She was 18 and he was 29. He didn't like any of this, he never want to marry some 18 year old g...
85.9K 1.6K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
1.4K 106 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...
637 47 42
There are worse things than death. ___ "What is wrong with you?" I seethed. She had my back against the wall, pinning me down so I couldn't move. Sh...