The Throne

By AMAC45

Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen whe... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43

39

4K 107 13
By AMAC45

Anna's POV

"You two ready?" Someone asks.

Like my brothers did when they announced they're engagement, Christen and I are doing an interview that will be broadcast around the world. We actually have to do it rather quickly because Christen she and the team play Denmark behind closed doors ahead of the Euro 2021 competition, which is in England. While my forward is at training I will be doing a press conference so the monarchy doesn't seemed biased.

Oh joy.

"We are." I say as I rub my thumb over Christen's knuckles.

"Alright we're live in 5...4...3...2...1..." A director says.

The interviewer introduces himself to the camera then he looks at us.

"We're here with the newly engaged couple." The interviewer says and I smile. "How are each of you feeling?"

"Complete." I say and smile at my fiancée.

"Elated." Christen says.

"We can see the ring on your finger Christen...what was your reaction to the ring?"

"I think it's absolutely beautiful and knowing the background of the ring makes it even more special." My fiancée says.

"With your brother's incorporating jewelry from Princess Diana, Did you go down the same route Anna?"

"I did." I say then Christen squeezes my hand. "My mother gave me this ring on my 11th birthday and told me to give it to the woman I love."

"Oh wow. Did you tell her you were gay?"

"I didn't actually. When she gave me the ring she told me that she already knew I was gay."

"That must've been quite a birthday."

"Yeah... it was the last time I spoke to my Mum."

The interviewer gulps and the room gets quiet for a couple seconds.

"You've recently announced your decision to renounce your claim to the throne. Why is that?"

"The Queen gave me an ultimatum."

"Oh."

"Yeah. She told me I had to break up with Christen or renounce my claim and well I guess we can see what I chose."

"That must have been a tough decision."

"Not really. I would always choose love over power." I admit.

"When did you know Christen was the one?" The interviewer asks.

"The first time I went away with the HALO Trust after we started dating." I say. "I was in a remote location doing my work and I had a great day. We saved some lives and I really wanted to tell Christen about my day, but we had no cell service and I got very sad because the one person I wanted to talk to I couldn't."

Christen and I answer a few more questions then the interview wraps up so we unclip our mic's and I walk Christen towards the car that's going to take her to her hotel.

"So your game is till five right?" I question

"Yeah." Christen says. "Then we're all gonna head over to the apartment for dinner."

"Sounds good." I say as we get to the car.

Christen kisses me then she gets in the car and heads to where her team is. Once the car is out of sight I head to the press room and stand in front of the multitude of .

"Alright let's get this over with." I say.

"Where is your wedding going to be?" Someone asks.

"We're not disclosing that information." I say.

"Is your wedding going to be broadcasted?"

"No." I say.

"Do you not think the public deserve to see your wedding since they'll be the one's paying for it with their tax dollars?"

"Well they're not." I say. "My fiancée and I are paying for everything ourselves."

"Why wouldn't you broadcast it to the world?"

"Have you seen the way the media and most of you in this room treat us?" I rhetorically ask. "You guys drum up all kinds of bullshit just to sell something so why would I give you the courtesy of all the money and traffic you'll get by broadcasting our wedding?"

"We have never."

"Tell that to my sister in-law Meghan who you guys shit on constantly just because she's a beautiful biracial woman." I say. "Tell that to my Mum who all of you decided to film and take pictures of while she was dying...Thanks for that by the way...Oh and tell that to my fiancée who has called me crying because most of you turned her mother's passing into a joke...I mean come on. What self respecting person does that?"

"Will you have any press at your wedding?"

"Maybe." I say. "That's all the questions I'll be taking. If we have anything to announce then we'll announce it."

"That's not fair." Katie Hopkins says.

"Well life's not fair you racist, homophobic, bitter bitch." I say. "If life was fair then my Mum would still be alive, i'd have a father who actually loves me, and you wouldn't be in the media. Unfortunately life's not fair and you somehow have a big following so shut the fuck up and go tweet about how I'm being unfair because frankly I don't care what you or anybody else has to say about MY wedding. It's Christen and I's wedding so we are going to do what we want and there's nothing any of you can do about it."

"Thank you for coming." The press officer says and I take this as my cue to leave

Once outside the press room I head to my place in the palace and outside my door run into Harry and Megan.

"Hey sis." Harry says as Megan hugs me.

"Hello." I say.

"That seemed fun."

"I almost didn't show up to the whole thing."

"Thank you." Meghan says and kisses my cheek.

"Of course." I say. "I'm gonna head to our apartment and all of can come closer to dinner."

"Alright." Harry says then he and Meghan head off to hide from Archie since they're playing hide and seek.

After Harry and Meghan leave I head into my old apartment, grab the last bag I left in there, then I walk to my car and head to Christen and I's apartment. Once I'm at the apartment I park in the underground parking lot in our designated parking spot then I walk up the stairs to the lobby. I then ride the elevator up Christen and i's apartment and once in the apartment I set my stuff down in our bedroom then I head to the kitchen and start cooking dinner for forty people.

A couple hours later my phone rings so I pick it up.

"Hey Anna." Kate says.

"Hello." I say.

"Can you come down and get us?"

"Yeah I'll be right there." I say.

I take off my apron then I walk to the elevator and take it down to the ground floor.

"Hello." I say when I walk out of the elevator and see my brothers, their wives, and their kids.

"Hey." Harry says.

"Ready to head up?" I question and everyone nods so the 9 of us step into the elevator.

Once in the elevator I punch in a code then I lay my hand on a palm reader and press Christen and I's floor.

"You have to have a palm reader to get into your apartment?" Meghan questions.

"It's just for security." I say as we start moving. "It only recognizes mine and Christen's hand prints and it only works if we're conscious."

"Well that's kinda morbid." Harry says.

"Sadly it's the world we live in." I say as we get to the top floor of the apartment building.

Once the elevator stops we walk into my apartment.

The elevator only goes to mine and Christen's apartment.

"Okay I knew your place was this big, but not this big." William says as we get to the kitchen.

"Auntie Anna?" Charlotte says.

"Yes sweetie?" I say as I put my apron back on.

"Do you still have the toys we left in your apartment?"

"Yeah." I say then lead my niece and nephews into the living room then I point to a chest. "They're in there."

"Thank you." Charlotte says then the little kiddies run to the toy chest.

I return to the kitchen and put the finishing touches on dinner while chatting with my brothers and sister-in-laws.

"Damn." I hear Alex Morgan say.

I guess Christen and team are here.

"This place is huge."

"BABA." The love of my life shouts.

"KITCHEN PRINCESS."

I hear multiple sets of feet walk through the apartment and enter the kitchen.

"Hi Baba." Christen says then she softly kisses me.

"Hello My Love." I say with a smile.

"How big is this place?" Kelley asks.

"Well it takes up the whole top floor, it has five bedrooms, it's 9 thousand square feet with two wings." Christen says as I take the food out of the oven. "The wing your in now is the living and entertaining wing and the other wing has the bedrooms.

Once the food is on the cooling pads I take my apron off.

"Well let's give you a tour of our place." I say and intertwine my hand with Christen's then we start our tour.

"I'm moving in with you two." Kelley says as we return to the kitchen.

"I don't think your fiancée would like that." Christen says as I put out the paper plates.

We don't have forty good plates.

"You right."

"Dig in everyone." I say then Christen and I stand back and let everyone get their food.

"I love our place." Christen says and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Me too." I say then I kiss Christen's head. "I also love you."

"I love you too Baba." Christen says then she looks at me. "And I can't wait to marry you."

"Me too Princess." I say and hug my girl. "Anna Press has a nice ring too it." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 11.9K 85
Keegan has been through way too much in her 30 years of life. She's been through a war, moving from a war torn country to America, playing football i...
439K 12.1K 110
Talia has a lot of secrets, but her biggest secret she hopes nobody will ever find out. Her secret could put the people she loves most in danger. How...
Saved By Alex

Fanfiction

379K 13.1K 160
Kimora is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her Parents. Her father's second wife has become abusive and hasn't let...
Rush By Alex

Fanfiction

247K 8.3K 50
Stella has been working for to achieve her dream for 20 years, but not all of her family are supportive of her dream. How will Stella landing her dre...