What We Used To Be and Will Be

By LlylLee

[COMPLETED] Jungkook used to be the only Little, until he was not. And well, things did not turn out the way... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 21

3.2K 98 7
By LlylLee

Just a normal morning with the baby...

Next day...

Jimin woke up with an unexplainable weight on his stomach, light taps thumped repeatedly on his chest. His eyes fluttered open, only to find baby Jungkook sitting on top of him, with legs on each side of his body, his signature bunny grin brightly displayed and messy bed hair sticking out in all directions that matched his slightly puffy eyes and flushed cheeks.

"Oomf!" Jimin heaved out as the baby started bouncing on his stomach.

"Chimmy! Chimmy!" The baby squealed as he saw Jimin starting to stir awake.

"Kookie?" Jimin tested, as he could not believe that the baby on top of him now had just addressed him by his Little name.

"Chimmy?" The baby stopped bouncing, tilted his head to the left and stared questionably down at his hyung.

"Kookie?"

"Chimmy?"

"Kookie?"

"Chimmy?"

"Aigoo~ My bunny Kookie!" Jimin sat up straight, causing the baby to lose his balance and tumbled backwards but the dancer was agile and quickly wrapped his arms around the baby's waist to pull him into a hug.

Soft giggles escaped the baby as he found the situation amusing. Baby Jungkook raised both of his hands to cup the slightly swollen cheeks of Jimin and squished it as though he was kneading a dough, effectively causing an overexerted pout to form on his hyung's face. The baby laughed even louder when he saw the sight and lurched forward to give his hyung a tight hug.

Jimin was taken aback by the baby's action but he welcomed it wholeheartedly. He really missed this so much.

None of them made a move, just hugging each other, basking in the warmth radiated from their bodies. Jimin started rocking his body along with the baby, humming a melody softly into the baby's ears. Everything was so serene and peaceful... until—

"Yah, Kim Namjoon! What did you do to my bread toaster?!"

"Nothing, hyung! I swear I did nothing! I followed what YouTube said!"

"Yeah right, you dumbass! Since when does YouTube teach you to put in four slices of bread into the slots that were obviously meant for two? And worse, you even spread it with butter!"

"Hyung, please! I swear it was YouTu—"

Jimin groaned internally as he tuned out the chaos that is happening in the kitchen right now and took that as a cue to get out of bed to start the day. However, the baby in his arms apparently did not share the same thoughts as him.

"No~" Baby Jungkook whined and held onto Jimin even tighter.

"Kookie, we have to get out of bed now. It is time to eat breakfast." Jimin spoke softly, subtly trying to pry the baby from him. "Don't you want to drink your milk? I am sure Jinnie-hyungie has it all ready for you."

Jimin smiled fondly when he saw baby Jungkook shaking his head and trying to tuck his head back into the crook of the elder's neck.

"How about Kookie let Chimmy wash up first while you play with your stuffie? Chimmy is hungry and he needs to eat so that he can have the energy to play with Kookie today."

The baby's eyes lit up almost instantly at the word mention of play, and he quickly nodded his head. "Chimmy, wash. Play, Kookie!"

Jimin frowned slightly as he listened to the baby's incoherent speech. He thought his maknae had fallen back into his usual headspace given that he was able to address him by his Little name, but perhaps not.

"Kookie, how old are you now?" Jimin placed the baby on the edge of the bed, while he squatted down in front of him, brushing his fringe to the side and trying to tame the dishevelled hair on his bunny.

The baby stared down at his lap, brows creased, looking so concentrated, fiddled with his fingers, only to raise them and pointed two.

"Two?" Jimin hummed in acknowledgement. "Well then, Kookie have to wait here for Chimmy while he washes up and then we will play after breakfast, okay?"

Jimin reached over to the other side of the bed, grabbed hold of the baby's favourite bunny stuffie and placed it into his hands. Next, he pat around the bed to locate the pacifier that must have fallen off during the night when they fell asleep. When Jimin found it, he made a fast one to the en-suite bathroom to wash it and was back within a few seconds before the baby could even whine about it. The elder slot the rubber soother into the baby's mouth before leaning down to boop his nose against Jungkook's.

"Kookie, be a good boy and wait for Chimmy here, alright?" Jimin planted a quick chaste kiss on the crown of the baby's head when he received a nod.

Among the members, Jimin was known to be the most meticulous about skincare and so, it took quite a while for him to get ready. He did not expect to see the baby sleeping on the bed when he stepped out of the bathroom. Baby Jungkook was curled up on his side in a foetal position, his bunny stuffie clutched tightly against his chest, pacifier bobbing up and down rhythmically as he suckled on it subconsciously, and his breathing even out.

Jimin resisted the urge to fetch for his mobile phone to take a picture as he wanted to keep this endearing sight to himself. He tiptoed over and crouched down on the side of the bed, propping his arm on the mattress and leaning his chin on it. It was as though time had stopped while he admired his maknae adoringly.

After a while when Jimin started hearing his stomach growling from hunger, he decided that it was time to wake the baby up.

"Kookie, wake up..." Jimin whispered while he brushed his fingers softly through the baby's hair. "Let's go find the others so that we can eat and play, yeah?"

The baby whined cutely as he started to stir, pouty lips on display as he stretched his limbs lazily. Slowly, Jungkook popped his eyes open and extended his grabby hands to the elder, a silent plea to be carried. Jimin was more than happy to comply.

Jimin carried Jungkook to the bathroom, where he propped the baby onto the counter facing him. Once Jungkook was seated, Jimin stood between the baby's knees and brushed the younger's teeth, all while laughing at the sight of the baby staring blankly back with his jaw hanging slack and toothpaste foam dripping down his chin.

A while later, Jungkook still had his bunny stuffie with him that he had tucked securely between his and Jimin's chest, pacifier bobbing slightly in his mouth, while he rested his head on the elder's shoulder as they made their way to the dining area.

"Look who is awake and ready to start the day?!" Jimin announced, bouncing the baby on his hips lightly in an attempt to draw his attention to the hyungs.

The members cooed at the sight as the baby shied away from all the attention that was suddenly on him.

"Good morning, baby!" Yoongi greeted softly as he reached over to ruffle the baby's hair.

Baby Jungkook turned around in Jimin's arms and gestured for the elder to hold him. Once the baby was in his arms, Yoongi buried his nose into Jungkook's hair to take a sniff at the baby shampoo scent before giving him a peck on the cheek, which effectively triggered giggles from the baby.

"Our baby seems to be in a chirpy mood today." Jin smiled fondly at the baby as he approached his two dongsaengs with a milk bottle in his hand. "Here, let me feed him while you guys carry on eating. I had mine already."

Reluctantly, Yoongi placed the baby on Jin's lap as the eldest secured a seat at the head of the dining table. Baby Jungkook was quick to latch on to the bottle once the teat was near his mouth, his grabby hands eager to hold the bottle by himself but since he was so little, Jin supported him by holding the bottom of the bottle.

The rest resumed eating their breakfast while Jimin prepared cereal for himself.

"Oh, by the way, Kookie is slightly older  than yesterday. He told me he is two today. So, I guess this is a good sign of him slowly easing out?"

No one responded. The members were stealing glances at each other with a knowing look. None of them intended to voice out their speculation that the fact Jungkook had slowly withdrawn from baby space was probably because of what the dancer had said to the baby on the night before.

"Burp!"

Everyone turned towards the sound, only to find the baby squirming in Jin's arms, tips of his ears turning a bright shade of red. Realisation immediately dawned on the members and they could not hold back on their cooing.

"Awww~ Our baby has just burped, huh? Is he full now?"

"Was the milk nice, baby?"

Just when the baby continued squirming, Jin noticed that something was off as he slowly caught on to the soft whimpers.

"Kookie, what's wrong?" Jin peered down and tried to make eye contact with the baby. "Are you still hungry? Do you want more milk?"

The baby shook his head and soon, soft sniffles could be heard. There were sounds of utensils clattering, all the hyungs giving each other concerned looks as they stopped eating and diverted their attention to Jungkook.

"Is he okay? What happened?"

Jin had no idea why his leader had to whisper but he answered, nevertheless. "Not sure."

"Baby, can you tell Jinnie what is wrong?" Jin's fingers curled into the baby's hair, voice soft as he tried to coax Jungkook into talking.

When he received no response from the baby, Jin got up from his seat and started to pace around the dining area. Jin thought that the baby might be having some digestion problem even though he had already burped. Just as he tried to reposition the baby into a more comfortable posture, Jin's large hand rested below the baby's diapered bottom and he immediately found out the cause of the baby's distress.

Trying to hold in his chuckles, Jin turned to his members to excuse themselves. "We'll be back soon." Jin mouthed the words 'diaper change' when he saw the curious looks from his dongsaengs, and they immediately nodded with understanding but also with a tinge of pity.

Hell, baby Jungkook could never keep still during diaper change. Good luck to Jin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 1.2K 38
Relationships are hard. When growing up and growing apart go hand in hand, sometimes you can't help but to await the inevitable. Can you ever really...
62.5K 2.4K 27
How could you possibly forget him? You couldn't even if you wanted to. You wanted to extract core memories of the two of you and store them in a pens...
879K 20.1K 29
⇒ ''You get it!? You will never get out of here!'' You just had turned to 18. You thought the life will begin. You could be free, happy and experien...
54K 1.2K 21
Book 1 : little Did They Know/BTS x J.JK Book 2 : Solo Idol/J.JK little did they know...how much they hurt me...how much i loved them no matter what...