Forbidden

By Violaplayer44

(Sean Renard) Paityn is Nick's older sister. Also a Grimm just like her brother. They both work on the police... More

Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 Bears will be Bears
Chapter 3 BeeWare
Chapter 4 Lonelyhearts
Chapter 5 Das Gift von Grimm (Own Idea)
Chapter 5.5 Danse Macabre
Chapter 6 The three bad wolves
Chapter 7 Let Down Your Hair
Chapter 8 Game Ogre
Chapter 9 Of Mouse and Man
Chapter 10 Organ Grinder
Chapter 11 Tarentella
Chapter 12 Last Grimm Standing
Chapter 13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau
Chapter 14 Plumed Serpent
Chapter 15 Island of Dreams
Chapter 17 Love Sick
Chapter 18 Cat and Mouse
Chapter 19: Leave It To Beavers
Chapter 20: Happily Ever Aftermath

Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers

255 6 0
By Violaplayer44

(A.N. Every chapter is around 2 weeks apart unless said so in the beginning. Also, sorry for not updating very frequently. I am working and doing school at the same time and guess who just got sick. :) I gotchu guys though. Enjoy this chapter!) 

Paityn had come back from an appointment only to go straight back to work. She was exactly 9 weeks along today and when she got to work she could see Nick pacing due to his vacation incoming. 

"Nick, shouldn't you be in your car with Julliet on vacation right now?" Paityn asked. Hank looked at Paityn and raised his arms. 

"That's what I said!" He exclaimed. "Nick, just go. The wheels of justice will keep turning, at least for one weekend." Hank sighed. Paityn chuckled a small bit walking over to Nick putting her hand on his shoulder. 

"You better get your butt in that car. Otherwise, Isaac Fox Renard is gonna beat your butt when he's grown up." Paityn smirked. Their heads whipped in her direction.

 "Wait, you found out the gender?" Nick asked. 

"No. I don't find that out till 14 weeks. At least, I hope so. But I'm betting it's a boy and Sean is betting it's a girl." Paityn laughed. 

"What does Sean want to name the baby if it's a girl?" Hank asked. 

"Aurora Snow Renard." Paityn shrugged. "Doesn't roll off the tongue." They nodded and Nick sighed. 

"Okay. I'm going." He said. Hank sighed beginning to walk back to his desk. 

"Good." He said. He turned around seeing Nick still in the same place. Paityn crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Nicky. You aren't leaving." Paityn said. 

"What if she says no?" Nick asked quietly as they headed over to the desks. 

"She's not gonna say no to a romantic weekend with you," Hank said. That's when Nick pulled out a ring.

"Oh shit. You're finally gonna do it." Paityn smiled a small bit. 

"Yeah, I'm thinking a romantic dinner with-" Nick started but Hank interrupted him. 

"Listen. Take it from me, the where doesn't matter as much as the who." Hank smiled. Nick nodded and grabbed a leaflet out of his pocket. 

"Well, if you both need me..." He started and Paityn chuckled. 

"We won't need you. No offense." Paityn shrugged. 

"None taken. But here is the number of the place I'm staying at." Nick said. He handed the leaflet to Hank who read it out loud. 

"Whispering pines. For the rest of your life. Will you get out of here now?" Hank said. 

"Yes, I'm going! You're gonna miss me!" Nick grabbed his jacket beginning to finally leave. 

"No, we won't." Paityn joked making Hank snicker.

"Au revoir, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci," Nick said. He walked out and Paityn sighed in relief. 

"Damn. He needs this vacay." Paityn shook her head looking at some of the paperwork on her desk. 

"Seriously." Hank sighed. Within an hour of doing paperwork, Hank was intensely focused on his screen. 

"Bro. What has gotten you so intently focused on your screen?" Paityn asked turning her chair to face him. 

"Nothing of importance." He said. He sat up a bit more when Wu came over to them sitting in Nick's chair. 

"Any big plans for tonight?" He asked. 

"Nope. Not besides a crap ton of sleep." Paityn said as she stifled a yawn. 

"Me neither," Hank remarked. "You?"

"You bet. Gonna curl up on that couch with my cat Samson, watch the apprentice marathon, and have a bite to eat." Wu said. No one noticed when he took a paper clip and ate it. Paityn had done somewhat of the same, haven taken a pen cap and eaten it. 

"Another badass Friday in Portland." Paityn chuckled a small bit. 

"You got it," Wu said. He stood up walking back off and Hank went right back to being focussed on his computer. Paityn rubbed her head a small bit and laid her head on her desk sighing quietly.

"Tired?" Hank asked her. 

"Extremely. It's the joys of pregnancy." Paityn sighed. Hank chuckled. 

"I'll let you rest. I'll be back. I'm gonna check something out." Hank stood up and Paityn hummed closing her eyes and falling asleep pretty fast. 

~~~

When Paityn woke back up it was somewhat dark out, and she had a coat draped over her. She smiled a small bit sitting up seeing a salad in front of her. She took the fork, yet again not realizing it, and ate one of the prongs. She shrugged it off wondering where it went and continued eating the salad. 

Sean came over smiling a small bit. He was carrying a black box with some form of take-out in it. 

"Shall we?" He asked. Paityn tilted her head confused but stood up with her salad. "You're missing a prong. Again." He said.

"Maybe I have bad prong luck?" Paityn shrugged and laughed it off following Sean outside to a bench and sitting down. It was silent for a bit and Sean sighed. 

"I have a job with Adalind tonight." He said. "So I'll be home a little late." He sighed. Paityn nodded and gently kissed his cheek. 

"As long as you're home safe." She smiled softly and he looked at her with adoration. He then smiled and took a bite of what was noodles of some form. Paityn finished her salad and went to go throw away the tray taking yet another prong off and eating it without realizing it. When she went back to Sean he was finished as well and getting ready to throw his away. As they were walking inside Sean stopped in the hallway before the turn to the office and he turned to Paityn as she looked at him confused. "You alright?" She asked. 

He abruptly cupped her face and kissed her. Paityn smiled a small bit kissing back and Sean moved back looking into her eyes. 

"I love you." He smiled softly. 

"I love you too, dork." Paityn laughed as she walked into the office sitting at her desk seeing Hank gone still. "Well darn. I'm bored." 

~~~

Paityn went to Sean's house having mostly moved in finally. She sat down on the couch and she stared down at the floor. The housemaid came over to her. 

"Dearie, are you okay?" She asked. Paityn wiped her face of tears and she sighed. 

"I'm just worried about my cat. Lyra ran away and we still haven't found her." Paityn kept wiping her face. "Maybe it's just my hormones but god it feels like it's getting harder to deal with." Her lip trembled and she covered her mouth with her hand to try and stop herself from crying which didn't work. The maid carefully helped her stand up and wrapped her arms around her softly. 

"It'll be alright dear. You'll find her. I know you will." She whispered. Paityn broke down sobbing into her shirt all the while the maid held her. 

When Sean came home the maid quickly greeted him with a finger to her lips. He looked at her confused and she came up to him. 

"Paityn is sleeping right now. She broke down earlier about her cat. She is completely distraught." She whispered. Sean nodded thanking her and managed to quietly take off his jacket and shoes. He walked to the bedroom seeing Paityn curled into a ball with red bags under her eyes. He got into the bed behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"I got you. I'm here." He whispered. He held her the rest of the night while they slept. 

~~~

When Paityn went to work the next day Hank was there and he smiled standing up. 

"Hey, Pait. Sorry for ditching yesterday." Hank said and he hugged her carefully. Paityn chuckled a small bit hugging back. 

"No need to worry Hank. Just get your butt back to work." Paityn chuckled. "Have you heard from Nick at all?" She asked. As she asked, her phone began ringing and she looked at it. "Speak of the devil. Hey, Nick." She answered. 

"Hey, sis. I need you to look at something in the trailer for me." Nick said. 

"I'm doing great, by the way. Anyways, how fast do you need the info? I just got to work." She sighed. She put one hand on her hip. 

"Pretty fast." He said. Paityn cursed under her breath and she looked at Hank. "I will be back. If Sean asks where I am, tell him I went to go get smoothies or something." Paityn sighed and left before Hank could remark at her scheme. 

"Thanks, sis," Nick said. Paityn hummed and got in her car.

"I can't drive when I'm on the phone. I'll call you when I get there." She sighed hanging up and driving to the trailer. She parked and called Nick back as she pulled out the books. "Okay. Give me the details." 

"Okay. The Wesen has a beak. Big Golden eyes and Golden plumage." Nick said. Paityn flipped through the books finding nothing. 

"I can't find anything." She sighed. "I'm going to have to do this again. Damn it, Nick." Paityn sighed going back to her car. 

"Sorry Pait." Nick sighed. Paityn hung up and drove back to the tea and spices shop and walked in making Monroe jump. 

"Paityn! Hey, what a surprise!" Monroe went over to her hugging her and Paityn smiled a small bit. 

"Hey, Monroe. Hi Rosalee!" Paityn smiled as Monroe let go of the hug. "I apologize but Nick has gotten himself into a pickle and the Wesen he described isn't in any of the books." Paityn scratched the back of her head. 

"A Wesen not in the books eh. Huh. Your ancestors still haven't discovered them all I guess." Monroe sighed. 

"Unless it was extremely rare. What did he say?" Rosalee asked. 

"Uh, beak, golden eyes, golden plumage," Paityn said thinking back. 

"Woah hold up, is this some form of prank?" Monroe asked. Paityn gave him a confused look. 

"No. Why would I prank you?" Paityn asked. 

"It's just that, that sounds like a Seltenvogal if they weren't extinct." Monroe looked at Rosalee for confirmation. 

"Gotcha. Anything special about them?" She asked. 

"They produce some form of mineral in their neck that only forms once in their lifetime." Monroe sighed. 

"I think it's called a Unbezahlbar. My brother has a book somewhere." Rosalee said walking behind the desk. 

"A what now?" Paityn asked confused. 

"An Unbezahlbar." Rosalee pulled up a book and showed a picture of a bird-like Wesen with a scalpel at its neck. 

"Oh well isn't that lovely," Paityn commented looking at the scalpel. 

"Yeah, it's made mostly of gold and it's extremely difficult to get out. If it's damaged, it's practically useless." Monroe said summarizing it. 

"That makes sense I suppose. Hey, after I call Nick and give him this info, you guys need any help?" Paityn asked. Rosalee and Monroe looked at each other and shrugged. 

"I don't see why not. Just, go easy with your baby." Monroe gave her a gentle smile and Paityn walked out smiling and called Nick telling her all the info. When she came back in Rosalee gave her a list of stuff to help with. Mainly putting away some of the spices on shelves.

~~~

Paityn went back to her house going inside. Her house was mostly empty besides a few boxes. She looked at the one labeled Lyra and she went over to it. 

"Dammit. Why did you have to run away?" Paityn wiped her face when a hand was put on her shoulder and she yelped turning around seeing Adalind. Adalind had tears streaming down her face and Paityn looked at her concerned. "Woah, hey are you okay?" She asked. Adalind wrapped her arms around Paityn and Paityn slowly wrapped her arms back around her. 

"I'm sorry." She whimpered. Paityn looked at her confused and then felt a pinch in her lower back as she backed up confused feeling dizzy. 

"What, what the hell did you do?" Paityn asked. She stumbled and her legs gave way making her fall. 

"What I had to." Adalind smiled and kneeled in front of Paityn as she was on her back slowly passing out. 

"Adalind. Don't do-" Paityn started but Adalind covered her mouth as Paityn passed out. 

~~~

Monroe and Rosalee had just finished helping Nick remove the Unbezahlbar. He looked at it and then at the phone. 

"Have you guys heard from Paityn? She isn't returning my calls." He said. 

"No, not recently. Nick, just focus on her. We'll contact Paityn." Monroe reassured him. Nick nodded and hung up. "Paityn not responding to calls is a bad sign."

"I'm aware. I'll call her." Rosalee said. She pulled out her phone and called her. When it went straight to voicemail, she knew something was up. 

"That can't be good," Monroe said. Monroe quickly called Nick back. "Nick, you need to call Hank and tell him to check in with the captain. We can't get in contact with her either." 

~~~

Hank ran to Sean's office, being almost late for Adalind's date. He knocked frantically. 

"Hank? What's wrong?" Sean asked. 

"Have you been in contact with Paityn?" He asked. 

"I haven't called her for a bit. She might be at home let me check." Sean said. He called the maid hoping she was there. 

"Hello, Sean! Is everything alright?" She asked. 

"At the moment yes. Is Paityn there?" He asked. 

"No. She hasn't come home yet." She said. The blood left his face. 

"Contact me as soon as she does," Sean said and quickly hung up. He looked at Hank. "How long has she been unreachable?" He asked. 

"At least a few hours," Hank said. Sean stood up quickly calling Paityn motioning for Hank to go. He paced nervously as sweat ran down his head. 

"Pick up. Come on Pait. Pick up." Sean murmured. When it went to voicemail he grabbed his coat and booked it. He sprinted all the way to his car and floored it to her house. When he got in, he saw Lyra's box opened and another box tipped over. He looked around screaming her name. He sprinted up the stairs looking in the bedroom, the bathrooms, the office, everywhere. He ran into the backyard looking around. When he found no sign of her, he collapsed to his knees on the ground. His phone abruptly began ringing. He answered quickly. 

"Sean, I have no idea what Adalind had planned, but she brought Paityn unconscious here." He heard Catherine say. His body tensed up. 

"Don't you dare fucking touch her. I will end you in a heartbeat." Sean said. He hung up storming over to his car and flooring it to Catherine's house. When he got there, she was already outside waiting. 

"She's on the couch. She's still unconscious." She said. Sean quickly grabbed her neck and slammed her against the wall making Catherine yelp. Sean woged quickly and let out a threatening growl. 

"What the hell did she do to her? Answer me now!" Sean yelled. 

"I-I don't know." Catherine choked. 

"You liar! You know exactly what she did!" Sean growled. 

"If I did, I wouldn't tell you she was here." She said. Sean growled even deeper if possible and threw Catherine into the front yard going into the house and seeing Paityn on the couch. He ran over to her checking her pulse. 

"She's okay. She's okay. Oh, thank god." He sighed. He picked her up bridal style bringing her to the car seeing Catherine on her knees rubbing her throat. "Don't ever come near her again. Or I won't hesitate to kill you." Sean growled. 

Sean brought Paityn to the hospital to make sure she wasn't poisoned and that the baby was okay. They put her in a room checking her vitals and taking a blood test. Everything came back normal besides a small sleeping medication. Sean called Nick telling him about Paityn in the hospital and how everything was alright. When Paityn woke up, she groaned in pain due to her headache. 

"Ow." She winced rubbing her head. Sean shot up-right. 

"Are you okay? Paityn, look at me." Sean said quickly. Paityn looked at him squinting. When she finally came to, she sat upright fast. 

"Sean! Adalind! Adalind was there! She injected me with something! Oh god! Is the baby okay?" Paityn said quickly. Sean nodded. 

"The baby is okay. Perfectly healthy. How are you feeling?" Sean asked. Paityn looked at him as he put the back of his hand on her forehead. She carefully grabbed his hand softly and intertwined her fingers with his. She didn't need words to tell him she was scared. Sean just held her hand and made sure she was alright, the whole night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 586 40
I've grown to love the tv show called 'Grimm', my favorite characters are: Nick Burkhardt, Hank Griffin, Monroe, Rosalee, Juliette, Captain Renard an...
6K 98 11
Trubel returns from Santiago. While on a case Nick and Trubel encounter a mysterious new Wesen.
13.7K 339 9
Angela Burkhardt and her twin brother Nick Burkhardt are Portland homicide detectives. They discover their family is descended from a long line of "G...
164 6 5
Introduction: What would happen to the story of Grimm if Nick had a little sister? She's a FBI Agent and her partner is a Wesen. She's not a rookie a...