Reckless - II

By IzzyJFitz

(Book Two) My name is...well you know my name and I think I'm gay. No, I'm sure of it. I'm in love with my be... More

00- Prologue - Jump!
01 - Feeling Reckless, Yet? - pt.1
02 - Feeling Reckless, Yet? - pt. 2
03 - Mind Your Own Beeswax
04 - Je ne comprends pas... - pt.1
05 - Je ne comprends pas... - pt.2
06 - Je ne comprends pas... - pt.3
07 - Je ne comprends pas... - pt. 4
08 - Just a "Friend" - pt.1
09 - Just a "Friend" - pt. 2
10 - Never Have I Ever... - pt. 1
11 - Never Have I Ever... -pt.2
12 - Et Tu, Brute? - pt.1
13 - Et Tu, Brute? - pt. 2
14 - Et Tu, Brute? - pt. 3
15 - Blood, Sedatives, and Tears - pt. 1
16 - Blood, Sedatives, and Tears - pt.2
17 - Charming Charli - pt. 1
18 - Charming Charli - pt.2
19 - Charming Charli - pt. 3
20 - There's No "i" in Denial - pt. 1
21 - There's No "i" in Denial - pt. 2
22 - There's No "i" in Denial - pt. 3
23 - idky... - pt. 1
24 - idky... - pt. 2
25 - idky... - pt.3
26 - idky... - pt. 4
27 - I'm the Villain - pt 1.
28 - I'm the Villian - pt.2
29 - I'm the Villian - pt.3
30 - 21 Questions - pt.1
31 - 21 Questions - pt.2
32 - 21 Questions - pt.3
33 - 21 Questions - pt.4
34 - Holy Guacamole! - pt.1
35 - Holy Guacamole! - pt. 2
36 - Holy Guacamole! - pt. 3
37 - BTW...
Author's Note

38 - Epilogue

5.9K 242 72
By IzzyJFitz

Epilogue

I stand on the precipice.

"You sure you want to do this?"

I stare down at the dark grey clashing waves. The sun is sinking in the sky. The sun's rays are painting the top of the tides ablaze with shades of pinks and oranges. It's breathtaking. It would be even more stunning if my heart wasn't pounding in my ears in fear. The cliff is just as high up and terrifying as the first time we were here.

I glance at Ari, "Yes, I'm sure."

She frowns and puts her hands on her hips.

"Okay, but if you're not a comfortable swimmer you shouldn't do it."

She anxiously paces back and forward along the edge of the cliff, then gazes down at the waves. I smile at her. I think she's truly concerned for me which is rather amusing. Ari hadn't feared for herself, yet the anxiety is practically leaking from her. Her concern isn't helping though it's making it worse.

My knees are weak, and my pulse is erratic. Now that it's time for me to take the leap I am beginning to question my own logic. It had been my idea to come back here to try it again. I don't want to leave France with any regrets.

"Are you worried about me," I tease.

"Uh, duh?" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Aren't you a certified lifeguard? You'd save me, right?"

She would too. No doubt in my mind she'd jump right in after me. Oddly enough I'd trust her more with my life than I do with my heart.

"In pools..." She complains. "Maybe you shouldn't. I don't want to have to..."

I take a running jump off the edge. I had to I was losing my nerve and she wasn't helping. For a second, it's as if time as slows down. I'm suspended midair, the wind is rushing past my face, and my stomach is doing summersaults. It's exhilarating. I suck in a giant breath of air before hitting the cool surface. I plunge deep into the darkness. The icy water collapses around me and above my head. Then my feet touch the sand and seaweed below. I push off and swim towards the surface.

Just as I break through to the top of the waves there's a large splash of next to me. A few seconds later, a mop of dark hair rises from the water. Ari sweeps her hair out of her face and smiles at me. We tread water as the waves batter against us.

"That was freaking awesome!" I shout.

And it was. Those few seconds of elation had totally been worth the fear, apprehension, and the dread at the pit of my stomach. A thrilling current is rushing through my veins and I feel alive. Had I not jumped, I would've looked back and deeply regretted the missed opportunity.

"I know right!" Ari shouts and leans back into a backstroke. "Follow me, the water is shallower over here."

I swim closer inshore following close behind her. She stands up in the water her chin barely coming up above the waves. I swim closer to her and let my feet hit the sand. The pools of her eyes have taken on the same color as the water. They are darker, deeper, and intently watching me.

The swim hadn't tired me out, but my breathing is growing heavier and faster. The adrenaline from the jump is coursing through me and her gaze is only adding to it. I've seen her naked, touched and tasted every part of her, yet can't seem to control the fire in my belly when she looks at me. I'm in icy water but my cheeks are flushing hotly.

"You're beautiful." She says.

I'd been thinking the same thing about her, but she's beat me to it.

"Let's stay another month?" I rush out.

I've been wanting to ask her. I'd been planning to stay for a while now, but it would be more fun if she stayed with me. She raises an eyebrow curiously, but I continue.

"There is so much drama waiting for us at home. I'm not looking forward to it."

I was the reason the Dirty was no longer around. I'd been the one to expose James and in the process Ari as well. And I had written my name to it. I couldn't hide behind an anonymous posting. Everyone would know. And then I'd run away...

"I'll be grounded for life. I could be on lockdown till I'm thirty. Let's spend the month together. No curfews, no homework, no school of any kind, only us."

She smiles, "I like it, a do-over."

Then she steps in closer. Her face is only a few inches from mine.

"Long walks on the beaches, breakfast in bed, or..." Her lips briefly brush mine. "We stay in bed all day making love and never let our feet touch the ground."

Her hands slide against my bare skin underneath the water and pull my hips to hers. We hadn't been intimate since the yacht. Making love to her all day, touching her, kissing her, and tasting her sounds like the best kind of heaven. I wouldn't even need food I could just live in her arms. I've never heard a more brilliant suggestion leave her lips.

"You're a genius," I breath out and rest my forehead on hers.

"Are you only now figuring this out?" She says smugly.

"Stop talking and kiss me already."

I don't wait but press my lips to hers. There's no panic or desperation in her kiss, but love, longing, and lust. I can feel her smile spreading across her mouth. Her lips are cold and have the briny taste of the ocean, but still has the power to my heart race.

The waves continue to roll into us and between her kisses. I start to shiver and her body starts shivering against mine. It's from the cold but also the deep craving stirring up inside me. I always want her, it never goes away. My teeth are beginning to chatter making our soaked kiss awkward and disjointed, but I'm so happy I don't want to stop.

She breaks this kiss first and gasps, "Let's finish this on the beach."

She kisses me again before turning around and swimming towards the shore.

I'm more worried than I'd expressed to her. Things are not going to be as simple when we get back home. For once I'm not going to overthink it. I have a whole extra month of being happy with no story to tell. Only us between the sheets,  waking up with her in my arms, and talking with our heads resting on a pillow. I'm going to enjoy the time and I'm going to enjoy every bit of her.

I stare at her retreating form in the water.

Is sex on the beach a good idea?

Well, I'm about to find out. I push off the sand and swim after her. Seems I'm always following her into some sort of trouble. She is so reckless, but so am I.

Hey everyone wanted to leave a nice fluffy epilogue to tie things up and explain the time gap (Next book not in France). Thanks for reading everyone. Cya in a month.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 2.3K 33
A childhood trauma left her chained in her own mind. Her existence felt hopeless, worthless. The outside world seemed scary yet tempting. She was sca...
202K 5.4K 36
《UNDER A MAJOR EDITING》 Sophia Miami lives loving herself as a bisexual, but never found herself in relationship. She forgotten everything about he...
278K 14.4K 45
(Book One) Do you ever feel as if your life has yet to begin? I've been alive for almost seventeen years now and absolutely nothing has ever happened...
40.5K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 {𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝} As model and influencer...