The Pillar Of Peace ( I Can )...

By mintzuwi

"Just because you're weak now doesn't mean you can't get stronger" Weak, scared and alone. That was how every... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 9

10K 694 366
By mintzuwi

3rd Person POV

"You wasted an entire day that was supposed to be used for training, so as punishment, you will now have to run a few errands for us" Jieun's glare was directed at Y/n who was in disbelief.

The latter had just woken up from a long slumber after Jieun forced her out of bed. She was utterly confused because she couldn't seem to remember what happened the other day, but when she asked Taeyeon about it, all the older woman said was that Jieun hit her too hard.

"Bu- But I was unconscious that time!!" Y/n exclaimed, finding the punishment she had to face incredibly unfair.

"And whose fault is that?"

"Yours obviously! You're the one who hit me!" Y/n's reasoning made Jieun's brow shoot up in confusion.

But instead of questioning the younger girl, Jieun decided to just go with the flow, thinking it was a little lie Taeyeon told Y/n in order to hide what truly happened during their training.

"You're the one who didn't dodge, dumbass. Now quit yapping and go buy everything on this list!" Jieun yelled, obviously irritated as she handed Y/n the list and her wallet. "If you lose my wallet, I'll kill you"

With a nervous gulp, Y/n stood up and sighed in defeat. "Yes ma'am..." She then proceeded to leave the house before grumpily opening the secret passage.

"Wasn't that the list of things YOU were suppose to buy?" Taeyeon said as she stands beside Jieun, watching her successor stomp out of the field through the window.

"N- No..."

"You only made her do the groceries because you were too lazy to do it yourself, weren't you?"

"Maybe I did, Maybe I didn't"

She sighed deeply while pinching the bridge of her nose. "What am I gonna do with you, Ji..."

-

Y/n L/n's POV

I lazily dragged my feet to where the town was and looked through the list. If I remember correctly, this was the same list Taeyeon gave Ms. IU a few days ago.

And judging by everything that was written on this piece of paper, it was no doubt a grocery list.

A tired groan left my lips when I realized this wasn't a punishment, but a chore Ms. IU dumped on me because she was too lazy to do it herself.

"I'm totally going to spend her money on snacks for myself..."

Well, it's better than getting my ass kicked during training, so I might as well take my time and enjoy myself while I'm here.

As always, the town was peaceful and echoing with laughter. It was a lovely day, the sun was at its highest and there wasn't a single dark cloud in the sky that would ruin the lively mood of everyone who basked in the golden rays of light.

All the vendors and shop owners were very kind, so finding all the products I was looking for wasn't too hard.

I even got myself lucky and bought most of the items on this list for half their price. It was safe to say, the people of this town love me.

It was probably because of that time I saved a random lady from getting robbed by that thief Dahyun and I chased.

Thankfully, everyone remembers my face and sold me their products for a very cheap price. I have something to brag about to Ms. IU later.

I walked on the busy streets while carrying the bags of groceries in my hands. I grabbed the list inside my pocket and sighed in relief when I saw that there was only one thing left I needed to buy– Bread.

I went to the bakery where Taeyeon and Ms. IU first took me since the bread they made was the best among the ones I've eaten before back in my old world. Plus, Taeyeon really likes their muffins, so I might as well buy some of those, too.

Before I could enter the bakery, the tall figure of a girl exited and passed by me. My eyes lingered on the full bag of bread she was carrying and watched her turn to a corner.

"She must really like bread" That bag was enough to feed 9 people, and the hungry look on her face made it clear she bought all of those for herself. 

I then went in and headed straight to the counter. Once I arrived, I was immediately dazed. "Holy shit..." I said under my breath while staring at the beautiful woman who welcomed me.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She said with a sweet smile that had me malfunctioning like a lovestruck fool.

"Ye- Yeah, can I get 10 mu- muffins?" I almost slapped myself for stuttering like an idiot, but I was stopped by the sound of her heavenly chuckle.

"That's a lot" She said while preparing a paper bag and stuffing it with muffins.

"My sister likes them a lot" I internally praised myself for not stammering this time and fished out Ms. IU's wallet.

"Here you go" She handed me the bag and opened her hand to receive the payment.

But as soon as I opened the wallet, a little gasp escaped my lips. "Crap, I'm short on money..." I mumbled, cursing Ms. IU in my head for overspending last week. "Actually, just give me 5"

The sigh I let out and the frown on my face seems to have given her an idea on why I suddenly reduced the number. And so, with a generous smile, she took the money from my hand and gave me a thumbs up.

"Don't worry, I'll pay for the rest. You can just pay me back when school starts" She said, making my brow shoot up.

"Eh?"

"You're in RIZEN, right? I saw you at the entrance exam with Dahyun"

Well, this was unexpected. I've never had a stranger pay for me before, not to mention a very pretty one. Not only was she gorgeous, but kind and generous, as well.

Almost all of the people in this world are blessed with good looks, it almost made everyone from my previous world look like rats.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it!"

"It's my pleasure. By the way, what's your name?"

"Y/n L/n, and you are?" I replied while sticking my hand out for a shake. I don't know where I got the courage to do that, but I had no regrets when her soft hand held mine.

"Park Jihyo"

We talked for a while, exchanging smiles and jokes that had us giggling like high school girls in love. I'm usually very awkward with strangers, but Jihyo was friendly and nice, so interacting with her in a comfortable way came naturally.

Back then, I couldn't even bring myself to imagine chatting with someone I barely knew, but after coming to this world, I made a decent amount of progress into becoming the kind of person I want to be.

I was once again reminded of how grateful I was towards Taeyeon.

Speaking of that blonde shortie, I should probably head back now. She might worry if I take too long.

"I need to go home now, it was nice chatting with you!"

Jihyo nodded, her lovely smile lifting the corners of her lips. "I had fun, too! I look forward to seeing you at the academy, be safe on your way home!"

And with one final wave, I walked out of the bakery with my heart pounding against my chest as butterflies danced inside my stomach.

God, she was so pretty.

-

"Took ya long enough to finally get your ass back here" Ms. IU's complaints were the first thing that greeted me when I opened the front door.

"What happened to hi and hello?" I shook my head and placed the muffins on the coffee table in front of her. "Where's Taeyeon?"

"Outside" She replied shortly while taking a muffin. "Thanks, by the way"

I smiled at her dry but sincere words of gratitude. "Do we have training today?"

"Let's skip today's training, you already did enough by doing my chores. Plus, we're both tired"

I don't know how lazing around and sitting on the couch all morning makes a person tired, but sure.

I'm just glad I don't have to eat her knuckle sandwhiches today.

"Thank you" I said before going out of the house again to get some fresh air.

I was planning on laying down and just enjoying the rest of the day, basking in the sun. But then I heard the sound of someone struggling behind the house.

Curious as to who was making so much noise, I went to the source and found Taeyeon holding a shovel while filling up the large hole on the ground with dirt.

"Taeyeon, what are you doing?!" I immediately ran to her side, worried she might hurt herself.

Ms. IU has told me countless times to make sure Taeyeon doesn't overwork herself because of the weak state her body is in.

If she passes out now, Ms. IU might bury me inside that hole Taeyeon was trying to fill up.

Or I might as well just bury myself for letting my predecessor work her ass off instead of taking that shovel and stopping her.

"Oh hey, you're back! And to answer your question, I'm fixing my backyard" She tapped the shovel a few times with a proud smile.

"Why don't you just use the summoning thing you told me about? Wouldn't that be easier?"

"Now that wouldn't be fun. Plus, I'm bored anyways"

People don't usually fill up holes with dirt for fun... I stopped myself from saying that and proceeded to grab another shovel.

"Let me help you"

"How kind of you!"

The hole wasn't very deep, but it was rather large– probably because Taeyeon already filled up half of it. Judging by the size, it was most definitely a crater that was made after an intense battle.

"Do you perhaps know who did this?" Taeyeon looked somewhat surprised by my question as her eyes darted all over the place as if to find a good excuse to use.

"Ji- Jieun did it!" She exclaimed, an awkward smile present on her lips. "We were having a battle to see if my body could still keep up with hers, and I accidentally sent her flying. She crashed into the ground and made this crater"

Sparkles danced in my eyes as I looked at her with pure admiration. To think Ms. IU would ever get sent flying was something I never imagined happening.

It only proved how incredibly powerful Taeyeon really was despite being weakened. And she must've been even stronger in her prime.

"That's amazing! You're seriously so powerful, it makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to surpass you"

A cocky grin stretched on Taeyeon's pretty face as she puffed her chest out. "I know, right? I'm seriously so cool"

I laughed at her antics and clapped my hands to hype her up. "Spectacular! Incredible! Out of this world!"

Taeyeon giggled and caressed the top of my head. "As amazing as I am, I know you'll surpass me eventually"

"What makes you say that?"

Taeyeon seemed so sure I'd surpass her, it made me wonder why she was so confident in her claims.

I may be her successor, but this is Taeyeon we're talking about. The Pillar Of Peace, the strongest woman in this world– she was way too high up for me to reach.

"I don't need to tell you why. Just know that you will surpass me soon. You're Y/n, after all! You can do anything and everything, that's how amazing you are"

Her words warmed my heart as I watched her pinch my cheek before going back to work.

I seriously owe her too much.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 1.9K 46
It's my first book... Soo bare with it... 😅 Note = I personally don't prefer you to read it, you can read my other books, but not this. Cause I pers...
100K 3.7K 46
{COMPLETED} Mina the girl who sticks to herself doesn't want to get involved with any of the other girls who are 'popular' they don't see things like...
74.7K 1.9K 40
𝗔 𝗴𝗰 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗴𝗮𝘆𝘀 : ) 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 and texts with 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗞𝗣𝗢𝗣 𝗜𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗦/ 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟𝗙𝗥...
18.8K 960 15
Y/n, a college student was sent to a new world where not even Y/n can believe it, and transferred to a school full of magic. From living a normal lif...