Nothing [Harry Styles AU] - D...

By graveyardstyles

THIS STORY IS UNFINISHED AND HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. "Look, Eve, what we have, it's not... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
Update

thirty eight

231K 5.2K 2K
By graveyardstyles

Eve's POV

"Hey," I smiled, a little out of breath once I practically ran from the classroom and into Harry's car. I didn't know it was possible to have constant butterflies in my stomach, but that's what it had been like over the past 2 weeks in anticipation for Harry's business trip.

"Hi," He replied, leaning forward to turn down the radio. He looked a little tired, dark circles forming faintly under his eyes, his body hunched over in his seat. "How was your day, babe?"

"It was okay, you?"

"A little stressful, I've been at the office for the past couple hours just making sure everything's ready for the trip, and that Alice was ready to stay with Gem for the weekend. And hey, how come I don't get a kiss?'" he whined, shaking his hair off his face and pouting out his bottom lip.

I frowned, glancing out the window to watch the steady stream of students along the pavement making their respective ways back home, "Are you sure? Someone might see us?" I asked cautiously, knowing how insecure he still was about being together in public.

"Of course I'm sure, come here," he grinned.

I met him halfway over the console, catching his lips in a drawn out kiss. The lingering taste of coffee was present on his tongue, and shivers settled over my body when he raked his teeth along my lower lip. It was all slow movements and bumping noses, Harry smiling goofily when I whispered how excited I was to go away with him against his mouth.

It was extremely hard to concentrate over the past few weeks knowing that I would be spending a weekend alone with Harry. I had thought about being with him so much, about what he'd be like in the early hours of the morning, and how he'd act when he would wind down at night after a long day.

I imagined him to be the type to not want to get out of bed in the morning, to cuddle up amongst the duvet and ignore the fact that he had to get up until the absolute last minute, spending the morning rushing around trying to get ready only to end up being late. I could just picture it, his hair unruly and covering half his face as he stretches out his gangly limbs, pretty noises rasping from his throat whilst he burrows his face into the pillow, dawdling until he absolutely had to get up.

"Evie?" He questioned, his voice bringing me out of my daze. I hadn't even realized the car was moving, Harry already driving us through the city and towards the motorway. An amused look was painted over his face, clearly trying to figure out what I was thinking about. "I've been talking to you for the past 5 minutes, did you hear any of it?"

"No," I said truthfully, "Sorry Peach, I was daydreaming."

"Hmm, what about?"

"About you."

There was no hiding the red creeping up his neck and cheeks, Harry lowering his head to hide the ridiculous smile that was plastered all over his face, the kind of smile that reached his eyes and flexed his dimples to an abnormal depth.

"Well as I was saying, it will take us just under 4 hours to get to Liverpool, so we should be there just after 7pm,"

"Okay," I yawned, the smooth movements of the car moving over the asphalt and the soothing tones of Harry's voice suddenly causing my muscles to relax and my eyes to start fluttering shut.

"Get some rest, babe, it's a long drive," Harry chuckled when he noticed me nodding off, shaking his head in hilarity at my uncontrolled actions.

I reached for his hand that was resting pliantly over the automatic gear shift, bringing it over to my lap and squeezing his fingers, "Don't laugh at me," I scolded. Harry squeezed my hand back, muttering something about how adorable I was before letting his hand go limp, allowing me to absentmindedly play with his fingers whilst I dozed off.

**

"Wake up, Evie, we're here," Harry said, swinging open my door and gently nudging my shoulder. He left the door open whilst he strolled to the back of the car, opening the boot to presumably collect our bags.

I groaned as the cold air enveloped me, my seat belt still buckled over my chest since I had made no effort to move. Harry shot me a disapproving look once he had gathered our bags from the back and passed on his keys to the valet.

The sun was setting low in the sky, soft shades of oranges and pinks reflected off his pale skin and the rays peeking out from behind the minimal amount of clouds casted shadows of his loose ringlets along his cheeks. I smiled at the gorgeous sight once I blinked my eyes open, Harry returning the smile, equally as wide, before gesturing with his head towards the entrance of the hotel.

"I can carry my bag," I offered, climbing out of the car and planting my feet on the pavement. He had my bag slung over his shoulder whilst he managed to hold two of his own bags in one hand, intertwining his free hand with mine and leading us both towards the hotel.

"It's fine," Harry assured me, kissing the top of my head and dropping our luggage once we arrived at the reception desk to check in.

The hotel was enormous, the lobby itself probably bigger than the one at Harry's work. The room was decorated in whites, browns and greys; marble pillars, lavish rugs and a number of armchairs and potted plants decorating the luxuriously modern room. Harry had good taste.

He thanked the receptionist, walking us towards the elevators once we received our room key. I was fully awake now, thankful for the small amount of rest I received whilst napping in the car on the way here. Harry on the other hand looked exhausted, blinking slowly as he gazed at the elevator doors, his breathing had slowed down immensely once we reached our floor.

I grabbed the bags from the floor before he could protest, slipping into the hallway and keeping a lookout for our room number. I expected Harry to scold me for walking off with our luggage, and I tried my best to not show the difficulty of how heavy both his bags really were so he wouldn't end up taking them off me. He only sent me a grateful smile once we found our room, unlocking it with ease and holding the door open for me.

The place was huge, and Harry wasted no time in flinging himself onto the large bed on the side of our room, burying his face into the fluffy duvet and groaning loudly. I shook my head at his actions, wandering around the perimeter of the room to assess the facilities we had. There was a small kitchen, a dining table, two couches, an armchair and a flat screen TV perched on the pristine wall.

A spacious bathroom branched off the main room, fit with a tub, a separate shower and two basins. The colour scheme matched that of the one in the lobby, warm shades of white, brown and grey making an appearance in the furnishings of our suite.

I smiled, the thought of Harry and I staying here for the next few days warmed me from the inside out. After everything we had been through so far, this is exactly what we needed, some time away from everyone we knew to start getting back on track.

Harry was still sprawled out over the mattress, his legs dangling off the edge of the bed and his eyes screwed shut, trying desperately to chase sleep. I sighed at the sight of him spread over the duvet, sitting down next to his legs to unbuckle his boots. He only groaned and pulled his legs away from my grip, grumbling when I managed to catch his stray leg that he was trying to keep away from me.

"What are you doing?" He droned, sleep already present in his voice.

"You need to get changed, you can't sleep with your boots on, Peach."

Harry huffed and rolled onto his back, allowing me take off his boots more easily, letting them fall to the floor. He shrugged off his suit jacket and pulled off his button-up shirt as well, bundling them up and throwing them to where our suitcases were lying on the floor.

His eyes glanced up to me then down to his belt buckle, silently asking me if I could take off his pants. I rolled my eyes, blowing out an annoyed breath which caused him to grin boyishly at me as I unclasped the buckle and pulled his slacks from his legs. Harry climbed under the covers once he was left in his briefs, pulling the soft duvet around him and inhaling the scent of fresh laundry.

I folded up the rest of his clothes and packed them tidily into his suitcase. Harry peeked his eye open, scowling at me from where I stood in the middle of the room.

"You aren't joining me?"

"No, I slept on the way up here."

"So? Come lie with me."

It was hard to resist him, soft skin and fluffed hair bundled up in a mess of crisp sheets. I grumbled at his request, somewhere in the back of my mind I just knew I wouldn't be able to deny his offer. I searched through my bag for some clothes, changing out of my school uniform into a pair of track pants and pulling Harry's button-up he was previously wearing over my head.

"Hmm, that's better," he hummed, his arms slinking around me as I joined him in bed. I tucked my head underneath his chin, pressing my lips to the expanse of warm skin along his neck, which caused him to grunt quietly and hide his face into my hair.

The next few hours were spent under the covers, filled with light snores and lazy kisses and Harry drifting in and out of sleep. Somewhere in between we ordered room service, stuffing ourselves with pizza before cuddling back up in bed, both of us now fully awake and too tangled up in each other to do anything else but lie there.

My back was pressed to his chest, his arm slung over my waist and his hand under my shirt, fingers drawing abstract patterns over my stomach. After a while I figured he was drawing the same thing over and over again, my head trying to grasp what on earth he was outlining against my skin.

"What are you drawing?" I whispered, pushing myself back against his chest.

"Here," he said, running his fingers along my flesh. He drew 2 vertical lines, and then crossed over them with a horizontal one, "It's a letter."

"Draw it again," I asked, and he pressed a kiss to my shoulder before tracing the letter again, the heat from his hand burning whatever skin it passed over. "Oh, it's an H."

"Good job, what about the next one?" His fingers trailed my stomach to draw 2 diagonal lines that were going opposite ways, ending it off with a horizontal line.

"A?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Next one?" He breathed, lifting his lips to the back of my neck. His finger drew a vertical line, it then curved into a semi circle, and another line was drawn diagonally. I bit my lip, trying to figure out what the next letter was. He outlined it again once he realized I didn't have an answer, drawing the same shape over and over, and my insides clenched when I figured it out, ultimately guessing what the full word was.

"R," I announced, tilting my head back to kiss his jaw. He offered me a knowing smile, retracing the same letter, "Another R."

"Last one," he murmured, drawing a short diagonal line, then a longer one going the opposite way.

"Y," I hummed, twisting in his arms to face him.

A close lipped smile was stretched wide across his face, teeth sinking into his lower lip brazenly. I could tell that he was trying not to be smug about the whole thing, the fact he was writing his name on me clearly expressing the way he felt about us, my own smile mirroring his.

"What does that spell?" He leered, pushing his thigh between my legs and brushing our noses together.

"Harry," I giggled, slotting our lips together. It didn't take long for Harry to flip us over, his biceps straining deliciously as he held himself over me, swollen lips ghosting over my face and neck.

"You're mine, yes?" He asked, pulling back as his eyes searched my face.

"I'm yours," I reassured him, my hand snaking around his neck to pull him back down to me.

We kissed for what seemed like ages, until both of our breathing was uneven and our lips were a little harsher against each others. Harry's hair was matted against his forehead, clumps of thick strands sticking against his skin whilst his lips trailed down my neck and along my collarbone, Harry pulling at the collar of his shirt adorning my chest to reach the unmarked skin.

We hadn't been together like this for a while, and I figured it was because of the incident that happened at his office that had made me rethink wanting to be with him. It was a rash decision that clouded my mind when he was completely unresponsive when I kissed him, I was so angry that it was all I could think about. But the moment he kissed me on the street, I regretted every bad thing I had thought about him due to my anger. He was trying, really hard, I knew he was, and it meant so much that he was doing it all for me.

"I think we should start getting ready for bed," he said, lifting his lips from my chest to meet my gaze, "It's nearly midnight, and I have to get up early tomorrow."

"Okay," I agreed, ignoring the slight disappointment of our time together being cut short.

We both used the bathroom separately, Harry doing whatever he needed to do first before leaving it to me. I showered quickly and got myself ready before turning off the lights and settling back into bed with Harry, not wanting to spend too much time away from him.

This time he tucked himself under my arm, pressing his face to my neck and placing his hand under his shirt that I put on again after my shower to splay his hand across my stomach, occasionally writing out his name along my skin.

"I'm really glad you came here with me, Eve," he spoke, his voice breaking the comfortable silence.

I smiled, threading my fingers into his hair, "So am I."

"I'm really trying okay?" he whispered against me, his warm lips gliding over my skin as he spoke, "It might take me a while, but I'll do whatever it takes for me to be what you want me to be."

"I know, baby, thank you," I beamed, reminiscing about how much he had changed from the day he asked me for a physical relationship to where we are now. He had come so far, and it was all for me.

He draped his arm over my hips after he drew his name across my skin one last time, cuddling himself against me as much as he could without actually lying on top of me. The warmth of his outbreath along my skin was so comforting, and I had never felt more content being wrapped up by him, it was something I knew I could never grow tired of.

"I'm really excited for our date on Sunday too," he spoke eagerly, "I've planned everything out and I think you're really going to love it."

"Maybe you aren't such a lousy boyfriend after all?" I teased, twisting a ringlet around my finger.

"Don't be mean," he whined, and I could practically hear the pout in his voice. "Goodnight babe, sweet dreams."

*****

IM SO SORRY IM LATE PLS DONT HATE ME

i've been rly busy with finishing my last ever year at school and exam prep and all that stuff so I haven't actually had much time to write.

I usually write and post the chapters on Saturdays, but on Saturday I ended up going to a party (which was pretty lame might I add) and I actually wrote most of this on the notes on my phone while I was under the influence of many glasses of alcohol, so excuse me if this isn't my best.

I thought I'd give you all a bit of fluffy harry and eve considering their relationship has been pretty on the rocks lately.

so please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THEIR DATE>????? - COMMENT DOWN BELOW WHAT YOU RECKON HARRY HAS PLANNED TO DO WITH HER

if you want you can follow me, or write on my wall, or PM me, or check out my other story 'Surrender' which I will be starting to regularly update very soon!

I think that's all from me today, if you have any questions about me or the story or anything in general then feel free to ask down below. I haven't talked to you guys in a while so it's always nice to have a chat!

Love you all soo much and thank you for all your support, 'Nothing' is growing so much and I'm so excited for what's to come - and again I'm really sorry about the long wait (I hope the update was worth it)

zara xx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.6K 31
Rhiannon Walker, Harper McLean, and Amerie Wadia were best friends. Until one night at a music festival changes everything. Now Rhiannon is trying to...
878K 40.6K 173
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
602K 9.3K 63
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
984K 32.6K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...