Believe, Believe The Dragonbo...

By LordAuthor259

You are Dovahkiin, Dragonborn. Born with the body of a mortal, but the soul of dragon. The Dragonborn is one... More

Chapter 1: The Birth Of The One They Fear
Chapter 2: Helgen
Chapter 3: Escape From Helgen
Announcement
Chapter 4: A New Life
Chapter 5: The One They Fear
Announcement 2
Chapter 6: Sky Above, Voice Within
Chapter 8: The Start Of New Companionships
Chapter 9: A Beast Revealed
Chapter 10: Being One With The Beast
Chapter 11: One With The Beast
Chapter 12: Free From The Beast
Chapter 13: Back On The Path To Destiny
Chapter 14: Can One Change Destiny?
Chapter 15: The Old One
Chapter 16: Strange Observer
Chapter 17: Calm The Dragon To Fulfill Destiny
Announcement 3 PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 18: Changing Prophecy
Chapter 19: Completing Prophecy

Chapter 7: The Path To Become The Bane Of Dragon

4.4K 66 159
By LordAuthor259

Dovahkiin POV

Delphine had just left exited the inn and I was deciding our next move. Me and Lydia find her a bit shady even though she claims that her cause is just. The sun is currently rising right now. We'll stay in Riverwood for a bit to prepare for the journey, but we must head to High Hrothgar before we meet up with Delphine since we still need to return the horn. I returned with the horn only for the Greybeards to finally teach me the last word of the Unrelenting Force Shout. They then gathered around me and spoke in booming voices that echoed all around me. My vision was only getting blurry and they were surprised that I was still alive.

Lydia seemed to be most concerned with me. I hope she trusts the Greybeards like how I do. I should also keep quiet about this to Delphine for now. When I asked the Greybeards what they did, they told me that they were speaking words that Tiber Septim himself had heard. They also told me that they could feel the whispers of other words of power. I should keep this in mind. Afterall, if I'm facing the Firstborn of Akatosh, then I should do it at my best.

We then headed back towards Riverwood to sleep at the inn. We'll leave first thing tomorrow by heading to Whiterun to take the horse carriage to Windhelm, the capital of the Stormcloak Rebellion. The dragon is said to be near a small settlement near there named Kynesgrove. We were about to go to bed, but Lydia spoke to me.

Lydia: My Thane?

Dovahkiin: Yes Lydia?

Lydia: Why don't you trust her?

Dovahkiin: Why don't you?

Lydia: All she cares about is you, her goals, and I feel like she isn't telling us everything.

Dovahkiin: Those are some of my reasons as well, but...

Lydia: But what?

Dovahkiin: I...can we talk about this another time? I just want to go to sleep.

Lydia: Y-yes my Thane.

We both lay down on the bed. My back was to her as I was about to go to sleep, but I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body. I knew it was Lydia, but I was surprised nonetheless.

Lydia: I-I know this seems a bit forward, but I really care about you. I don't know what will happen in the future. I don't know if we'll succeed or die in battle, but please know that I will follow you and that I will die for you.

Dovahkiin: No...lets just have each other's backs and lets not thing of what could happen in the future. They could be possible outcomes. I'm uncertain of what's to come. We are but flesh and bone. We know our doom, but not the hour.

LordAuthor259: Anyone got that?

I then began to drift off to sleep with our conversation still in my head. That was probably the first time in awhile that I had a goodnight's sleep.

TIMESKIP

Dovahkiin POV

We had arrived at Kynesgrove and everything was chaos. I looked to where the burial is only to see that dreaded dragon in the sky flying overhead. It was Alduin and I sweared to Akatosh that he had glanced at me a few times while circling the burial. We had met up with Delphine behind a rock near the burial, but I knew that Alduin knew where we were.

Alduin: SLEN TIID VOL! (Flesh Time Horror)

Alduin had used a shout and a dragon's skeleton burst out of the burial. It crawled out as embers and what looked like to be burnt scales began to engulf it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Alduin had raised a dragon from the dead. I've heard of necromancy, but nothing like this. The dragon looked as though it had never died.

???????: Drog, Hi Daal Ahst Laat. (Lord, you've returned at last)

Alduin POV

Now that I'm back, I shall take back what is mine with the help of Sahloknir and my other fallen brethren. Hm? It seems that my precious Dovahk-I mean dreadful Dovahkiin has come. I shouldn't have him killed yet, I'll do it myself. Well, maybe I should- NO I'LL JUST DEAL WITH HIM AT SKULDAFN.

Alduin: Yes, I have returned to take back what was rightfully mine. For now, I have an assignment for you.

Sahloknir: What will it be my lord?

Alduin: Bring the Dovahkiin to Skuldafn while I go revive more of our brothers and sisters.

Sahloknir: Yes my lord.

Dovahkiin POV

Damn it all, what are they talking about? Alduin is flying away somewhere. Probably off to revive more dragons like this one. Speaking of this one, I believe I know what happens next.

Sahloknir: Zu'u Fen Win Dii Drog's Uth. (I will carry out my lord's orders) I don't know what my lord's plans are, BUT PREPARE YOURSELF FOR GRAH DOVAHKIIN AGAINST ME, SAHLOKNIR! (Grah=Battle)

TIMESKIP

Dovahkiin POV

I don't know how we did it, but we won. That same thing that happened with the first dragon is happening again. I can feel the dragon's soul being absorbed by my body. Delphine and Lydia just looked in amazement to witnessing a legend be true.

Lydia: So it's true-

Delphine: You truly are the Dragonborn.

Dovahkiin: What? You didn't believe me in the first place?

Delphine: W-What?! No I knew, it's just that it's never been seen in person by a Blade in...who knows how long. Then again, the Blades had defended and guided the Dragonborn for 200 years maybe more.

Dovahkiin: Alright, now that we know how these dragons are coming back. What do we do now? There's no way in Oblivion that I'm fighting Alduin now.

Delphine: Why not?

Lydia: I-It's because he would die.

Delphine: What?! Don't undermine his skill you-

Dovahkiin: She's right.

Delpine: What do you mean?

Dovahkiin: I know that I'm too weak to fight the Firstborn of Akatosh. I only know two shouts and I've only mastered one. It takes everything we have just to kill a dragon like this one and this one doesn't even begin to compare to Alduin. My destiny might be to face Alduin, but it's not to charge in like a sword-swinging meathead.

Silence fills the air. No one had any words to speak. Though it was unknown if it was because the Dragonborn of all people is admitting that he's not strong enough or if those words are coming from a Nord.

Delphine: V-Very well then. For now, I know what our next move is. We need to sneak into the Thalmor Embassy cause I think that they of all people should know more about this than anyone else. Afterall, they're the only ones in this situation that aren't negatively affected. (That bitch must be making him weak)

Dovahkiin: The Thalmor? You mean those High Elf assholes? Yeah I remember them back at...well I just remember bad experiences with them.

Delphine: Like what?

Lydia: T-That's none of your concern.

Delphine: I'm sorry was I-

Dovahkiin: Yet again, she's right. Now how is a Nord gonna sneak into a party full of Elfs?

Delphine: Well, this is going to take a long time to prepare, but I'm certain I can do it.

Dovahkiin: Alright, me and Lydia will be at Whiterun if you need us.

Delphine: Why there?

Dovahkiin: Don't worry, you just do what you must do.

I have no time to help her. I'm not strong enough to go against Alduin. I need to get stronger and better with my combat skills. I might know some people who could help me out.

TIMESKIP

Somehow, it was after midday and nearing the afternoon when we arrived at Whiterun. My goal was to join the Companions to get stronger. They are great warriors we good skills that I can learn. I hope Aela still there. When I had arrived in Jorrvaskr, The Home of the Companions, there was a fist fight happening. Both of us just observed as the fight went on. Somehow though, one of them dodged a punch and the other's fist headed towards my face, but I manage to catch it in my hands. They were all surprised to see me there as though they didn't notice me. Then Aela came out of nowhere and punched the brawler in the jaw.

Aela: HEY! Watch where you're fighting. Fight your opponent not the bystande-(Y/N)?!

Dovahkiin: Wow, I'm shocked you knew my name since I don't recall telling you it.

Aela: IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

Aela then hugged me in a tight embrace happy to see me again. I could tell that she was smiling over my shoulder. Everyone had their mouths agaped as though they never expected a reaction like that out of her. When she realized what she was doing, she recomposed herself quickly with having a hue of red on her face.

Aela: I-I'm so sorry. I was just overexcited.

Dovahkiin: It's fine. I came to ask if me and Lydia can join the Companions.

Aela: Why do you want to join?

Dovahkiin: I have my reasons.

Aela: You'll have to talk to Kodlak in order to join.

Dovahkiin: If you say so.

Alduin POV

WHERE IN OBLIVION IS SAHLOKNIR WITH MY BELOVED?! HE BETTER HAVE NOT KILLED HIM. I GAVE HIM SPECIFIC ORDERS TO FOLLOW TO CAPTURE MY BELOVED AND BRING HIM BACK HERE. WAIT, NO HE'S PATHETIC WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT? THOUGH...HE MIGHT NOT BE SO BAD.

Odahviing: Uh, my lord?

Alduin: YOU BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD FUCKING NEW ODAHVIING!

Odahviing: Well...you see (OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK)

Odahviing POV

This is so gonna end badly.

Alduin: WHAT?!

Odahviing:...Sahloknir failed his task.

Alduin:RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Odahviing: OH SHI-

Well that ends today's chapter and I hoped you enjoyed it. Feel free to comment or leave a suggestion. Follow me on Wattpad if you want to get notifications for announcements that I make. Before I leave, I just want to tell you that the next chapters will take a break from the main story and will focus on the Companions questline, but don't worry cause we'll go back to the main story after it is done. On another note, how do you all feel about this book? Like give me a detailed description of why you're liking this so far or give me a simple one. I want this because I want to know how to improve as I go along with this story. Farewell, my subjects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 242 45
It began when the Last Dragonborn found a person who was also gifted in the way of Thu'um. She was younger than him, fragile, and extremely incompete...
356 26 25
Completed on 5/19/23 Highest Rank: #1 in Cultists as of 4/3/23 #2 in cultists as of 3/20/23 #40 in elderscrolls as of 3/14/23 Severine never imagi...
9.1K 470 55
The last dragonborn. Morgan Aurelius, Breton from Bravil, Cyrodiil traveled to sovnegarde and destroyed the world eater Alduin. She Saved many from d...
117K 3.1K 24
[OLD BOOK | READ WITH CAUTION] (Y/n) (L/n)... Very cocky personality, but that doesn't mean she's isn't fearless and brave in battle... Known as Dova...