Of Reminiscing and Roses {Con...

Por fab_contestshipper

It's been two years since Drew and May broke up. They lived in different cities and lost contact with each ot... Más

Prologue
Two
Three
Four
Five

One

967 22 9
Por fab_contestshipper

Hi everyone! Hope you like this new story of mine so far :) Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon, What the Hell by Avril Lavigne and Get Back by Demi Lovato.

oOfabulousrosesOo

---------
Chapter Playlist:
All Too Well by Taylor Swift
(Actually Hush Hush also works but I used it last chapter :p)
---------------

Two years later

"Hurry, May, it's almost time for us to go onstage!"

Eighteen-year-old May Maple finished combing her already perfectly done hair and stood up to face her best friend, Dawn Berlitz.

"You ready to do this, Dawn?" May asked, already knowing the answer.

"No need to worry! I'm always ready!"
~~~~
After May had broken up with Drew, she and her family had moved away from LaRousse City the very next day. She found more than a new home in Petalburg- she also found new friends. Brendan Birch, Dawn Berlitz, Paul Rebolledo(well, May supposed he was a friend)-- they all attended the Petalburg School of the Arts. That was where May discovered her passion for music.

She studied there for two years- and after that, she and her friends started a band.

Now she was 18, and so were they.

Their little school band with big dreams had grown into something much, much more. Now, they were touring Sinnoh.

"Now let's give a huge welcome to 'Enchanting Dynamo!'" The hostess for the night said into the microphone, her voice melodious and silky. The heavy velvet curtains parted, revealing two confident girls standing on the stage and two boys, one behind the drums, one clutching a cobalt blue electric guitar.

Silky blue locks of hair hung from the girl on the left, her charming smile earning her a chorus of cheers from the crowd. She was the image of ultimate grace and poise. The brunette on the right, however, played a different part. Her bouncy hair was half-placed in a messy ponytail. A smug grin was placed on her lips, coated with a light sheen of lip gloss. Nothing fancy. Nevertheless, she was still a fond favorite.

The two boys were dressed like rock stars, wearing similar outfits of red and black.

"People of Sinnoh, are you ready for an amazing night?" Dawn cheered, her brilliant voice resounding off the halls. Wolf whistles and cheers followed, much to the band's pleasure.

"A 1! A 1! A 1 2 3 4!" May sang, looking towards Paul and Brendan.

May's pink glittery pop star dress shone in the blinding stage lights as she belted out the first line:

"You say that I'm messing with your head..."

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah!" Dawn chanted, the blue counterpart of May's dress glinting like a star under the bright stage lights.
------------
May was singing their final song when she saw him.

"I wanna get back, get back, with you!" May sung, clutching her microphone.

Then it happened. Then she saw him.

Eyes glazing over the cheering crowd for no particular reason, her sapphire orbs suddenly narrowed in on a head of green hair.

Green hair.

Green hair she would know anywhere.

A wave of panic washed over her as her singing faltered for a moment. Dawn shot her a worried glance, and she was snapped out of her trance.
------------
"Hey May, what happened back on stage? You know, when you went all spacey," Dawn asked, voice laced with concern as they returned to their dressing room.

"Oh? That was nothing." May waved away Dawn's concerns with a lopsided smile. "Anyway, that was a great performance! Don't ya think?"

Dawn nodded vigorously, beaming. "Why don't we go find the boys? I'm sure they deserve their fair share of praise for that awesome job they did!" Dawn's suggestion was met by instant excitement from May, who immediately flung the door open so hard it rattled on its hinges.

Stepping out into the hallway, the duo walked around, two pairs sapphire eyes darting back and forth, trying to figure out where the boys were.

Just then, May felt a pair of arms encircle her slender waist. Knowing exactly who it was, May turned around and faced her boyfriend, Brendan. They had been dating for a year already. After their band's debut at the annual school concert, he had asked her out.

That had been one of the happiest days of her life.

"You were great," he said huskily, before pulling her in for a long, slow kiss.

"Aww! You two are just the cutest!" Dawn trilled as she clapped her hands together gleefully.

"Talk about PDA." Paul grumbled, as his girlfriend, Dawn, pulled his sleeve, complaining that he never lightened up.

May giggled. She simply couldn't wait to spend the week with her friends in the exciting Jubilife City! After all, this was their last city they were touring before heading back home to Hoenn.

"Well, I'm sorry to break up this happy celebration." A sharp voice made May freeze in Brendan's arms.

No. No. No. It couldn't be. It was not him. She was supposed to forget him. Banish him from her memory forever. But there he was, clear as day.

And he had another girl next to him.

"Drew." Her voice came out cold, hard. Just like that rainy day two years ago.

"You know this guy, May?" Dawn's head cocked in confusion as her eyes darted back and forth between Drew and May, trying to see the connection between the two. Paul said nothing, but his hooded onyx eyes glaring at him distrustingly.

"Yeah, May, who is this person?" Brendan added, staring suspiciously at the emerald-eyed stranger.

"I'm Drew. Drew Hayden." He flicked his hair, smug smirk stretching across his face. "And this is my girlfriend, Becca." He gestured to the ebony haired, long lashed, ashy-complexioned girl beside him.

May felt a surge of jealousy in her heart she shouldn't have felt. Her fists clenched at her sides as she quickly forced that feeling down. She was Brendan's now-- she had no reason to be jealous. Drew was no longer part of her life.

She gritted her teeth. Still as annoying and arrogant as ever. "What are you doing here in Sinnoh, Drew?"

"Why? A guy can't take his girlfriend on a date to Sinnoh?" The emphasis he put on that word was frustrating.

May lost it.

"I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND ON A DATE, DREW HAYDEN! GOD, JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" The scream was torn from her throat. It was exactly how she felt two years ago. Anguish evident in her slightly shaking voice.

Looking hardly taken aback by her sudden outburst, Drew strolled out, Becca clinging on to his arm.

May was seething, shaking. Her vision was still clouded with red, chest heaving heavily up and down.

"Let me guess: He's your ex?" Dawn questioned.

Dawn didn't even need an answer. May's body language was enough. And before she knew it, her lips quivered and she collapsed to the floor, knees no longer able to support her weight. Memories of the breakup two years ago flooded fresh in her mind, impaling her heart with shards of broken glass, tearing open the scars of her past that she had been determined to run away from. She felt her vision turn blurry as tears pricked the corners of her eyes.

Two years ago, she had been determined to forget about Drew.

But she couldn't, even two years later.

She registered a pair of arms-- Brendan's--encircle her quaking frame gently. He murmured soothing, calming words into her ear as he patted her back.

He wasn't angry at all.

Brendan was ever so sweet, ever so patient. And totally undeserving of her. There was only one thing to do, one thing to assure Brendan that he was the only one in her heart.

May would get over Drew this time. He might have been her past. But Brendan was her future. And she wasn't going to lose him.

_________________

You call me up again
Just to break me like a promise
So casually cruel in the name of being honest
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
Because I remember it all too well
_________________

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

150K 16.8K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
412K 19.6K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
458K 31.3K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
567K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...