Heart beats

By Don_is01

Life gave its worse side to Luna all at once, having to deal with her fathers failing health and their financ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's note.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's note!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 10

6.1K 230 22
By Don_is01

*Jamari*

Its been a week now and I haven't seen nor heard from Luna. Tanai has been mad at me ever since. And so has Rameeks lame ass. I've been eating out ever since. I would have gotten a cook, but I just wanted to be alone in my house for sometime. I needed to put myself together. I've been eating out or ordering food. But man, I can't lie. I do miss Luna's home cooking.

Waking up this morning, I find myself hungry as hell. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I'm going to my nana's place to eat. I get into my range sport and drive off. I hear my phone ring and I see its Rameek.
"Yo" I answer
"Yo your ass nigga. You wanna grab some coffee with me". This nigga is crazy.
"Aiit sure man. Lemme stop by nana's real quick."
"Nah, come pick me up and let's go to nana's together. " I scoff at him. I'm not about to start going all the way to his crib.
"Nigga just come meet me at nana's "
"Whatever, mean ass."
"You better say hello to grandma for me Jah! " Tania's crazy ass shouted into Rameeks phone.
"Shut up girl, damn" I mumbled at her loudness.
"Baby go get in the shower, ima join you in a bit" I hear Rameek say over the phone.
"The fuck! You guys are fools for real" in disgust, I hung up. But they love each other. That's why I feel confident in their relationship. Thinking about them suddenly causes me to think of Luna. Her smile. Her attitude. Her beautiful face and all that sexy ass body. I take in a deep breath as I push those thoughts away.
Arriving nana's house, I park and and headed to the front door.
"Nana!" I didn't get any response. But I sure was hearing some noise from the kitchen. Not to talk about the aroma of beacon. Damn, I'm real hungry.
"Nana I know you heard me"

"I did hear you Wade. " I rolled my eyes when she called me my middle name.
"Why are you here boy? I'm having breakfast with some of the ladies from church. I hope you're not here to eat some of my food." Is this old woman kidding me right now.
"Come on nana, you ain't even happy that I came over to say hello"
"Oh you did not Wady. You came here because you made your amazing cook quit and now, you wanna feed off me. Grow up child."
How the hell did this woman know.
"Tania told me everything baby boy" Nana said, breaking the silence since I was still tryna figure out bow she found out. I'm gonna strangle Tania.
"You know Tania exaggerates a lot nana. Most of what she said must be lies" Nana laughed deeply as she continued to set her table.
"Don't worry. I only got to know all I needed to know child" Nana said as she gave me a plate and I immediately dug in. Keeping my eyes on her she just kept on smiling and starring at me, until she kept a straight, stern face all of a sudden. Now I'm scared.
"Now listen to me baby boy. You better quit crawling and putting your damn feet in your mouth like a baby and man up. You've got a dick right? " my eyes nearly popped out.
"Nana! What the-"
"Shut up Wade. You have one. It most likely real big. Now your brains better not be down there in your dick. Keep it in your head child. And be a man. You deserve all the best things life has to offer. Don't let nothing and no one rob you of that"
I let my grandma's words sink as I ate in silence. She was right, as hard as it is for me to admit it, she was right.
I headed for the sink to wash my plate after I was done eating.
"Alright nana. I'm gonna head out now."
"Nana!" Rameek's lame as just walked in.
"Is that my baby boy Rameek? " Nana said as she hugged him.
"Sup douche bag " Rameek said bumping my shoulder.
"You're late."
"My woman delayed me" he replied winking at me. How disgusting.
Nana handed him a plate and he dug in like a starving puppy.
"You boys better leave. I have the women coming in. We're about to have a fun day together. " seeing my grandma happy, made me happy. She's been through a lot. And now she's living her best life. That's all I want for her.
"Alright nana. We gon head out now" Rameek said as he washed his plate. You know better than to leave your plate without getting it washed in nana's house. She'd whoop your ass.
"Take care boys. And Wade remember what I said" she gave me a knowing look.
"Sure grandma." I said as I pulled her into a hug and she kissed my cheek multiple times. She did same for Rameek and we headed out.

Rameek and I arrived at a fancy little coffee shop. Stepping out of our cars we headed in.
We took a small table at the far end on the shop.
I was on my phone, scrolling through Instagram. I hadn't noticed the waitress had come.
"Hi Lu, you sure look cute in that uniform." Immediately I heard Rameek, I looked up and indeed, Luna stood there looking too damn gorgeous in her work clothes. She smiled at Rameek before mumbling a thank you. She didn't even look at me.
"Stop it Meeky, I have to be in work mode." she softly giggled, still not given a damn about my presence.
"Alright, hello, welcome to Charlotte's cake and coffee shop. What can I get you gentlemen." She said smiling. The way she said it sounded hella funny. Rameek was laughing hella hard, but I tried not to. I didn't want her to smack my face again.
"Aiit I'd have a cappuccino baby girl" Rameek said as she noted it down on her little pad.
"And for you sir? " she asked me, eyes still fixed on her note pad.
"I'd have the long black coffee and some coconut cream pound cake. Thanks."
With that, she walked away. I didn't realize I was too consumed in looking at the way her hips moved, not until Rameek kicked my leg under the table.
"What nigga" I grumbled as I mugged him.
"Why are you looking at her like that. You miss her? " He said as he laughed.
I shook my head at him.
"I don't care. She'd never make close to what I played her for a month in a year working here."
"It doesn't matter fool. So far she's happy. " hearing Rameek say that made me feel some type of way. Was Luna unhappy while she worked for me? Come on. I doubt that. There was sometime we were cool and we had good conversations.
I've only known Luna for like almost two months now and she's already fucking with my mind.
"Enjoy! " Luna placed our orders down on the table. I reached out for my cake from the tray she held and our hands brushed. Her cheeks betrayed her, as they were now rosy. Seeing I had an effect on her caused me to smirk.
"I'd bring the bill soon" she murmured before walking off.
"Bruh, you and Luna entertain me so fucking much" Rameek said before sipping from his cup.
"Whatever".

*Luna*

The fuck was that. Gosh. Jamari and Rameek are here. It was so hard to pretend as if Jamari wasn't there because he looked so fine this morning. But he's still an asshole. And I still don't like him. I had given them their coffees and Jamari and I had a little finger contact. I tried so hard to hide my blush but I'm sure he noticed it.
I got this job two days ago. Its been a week since o quit at Jamari's. Seeing him again is something I really didn't look forward to.
I hope Rameek didn't bring him here on purpose.
I sighed as I went back to my station. Another costumer walked in and I had to attend to him. Grabbing my note pad, I walked over to his table with a smile.
"Hello sir, welcome to Charlotte's Cake and coffee shop, what can I get you? " I asked ready to write down his order.
"Hey! Luna right? " he asked. I looked at him confused at how he knew my name.
I recognized him. He was on Jamari's team.
"Uhm hi. Sean right? " he shook his head while he chuckled.
"Didn't think you would remember me. What are you doing here. Don't you work for Jamari? " I looked at him nervously before replying.
"I quit. " I kept it short. He nodded as he smirked.
"Why tho? "
"Are you gonna make your order or what? " I asked now irritated. I don't have tine for his lame ass games.
"Easy there Luna. I was just tryn be nice. But hey, tell you what. Here's my number. I want you to come cook for me. I'd pay you $12k monthly. Just call me when you're ready. You cook amazing. "
Wow. I smiled as I collected the number which was neatly written on a piece of paper with his name on it. I put it in my pocket and for some reason I glanced at Rameek and Jamari. Rameek was absorbed in whatever he was seeing on his phone but Jamari was looking right at me. I turned away immediately and took Sean's order.

My shift was finally over and I was on my way home. I called my dad and mama Brenda to make sure they were both good. I chatted with Pamela and Tania. Letting them know what happened at work to day. They were laughing like it was some funny situation. While it got me feeling awkward and stuff. Finally, the cab dropped me at my apartment building.
I headed in and got into the elevator. Heading for the third floor.

Getting into my apartment, I dropped my purse and phone on my couch and headed into the kitchen to microwave the food I had gotten on my way home.
While waiting for my food to warm up, I headed upstairs and changed into some short shorts and a tank top. Braless. I put my hair up in a messy bun and headed back for the kitchen.
I hear a knock on my door. I scrunch my face wondering who would be paying me a visit. I wasn't expecting anyone.
I checked through my peep hole, but whoever it was covered it up. I was alarmed. I quickly ran to the kitchen and got a knife.
I got back to the door, hiding the knife behind me. I take in a deep breath as I count one to three before swinging the door open.
"Shit Luna chill"
"Jamari? " okay what is he doing here. I put my hand down looking at him.
"Come on let's go in, we need to talk." He said as he gently pushed me back inside allowing himself inside also. I went back into the kitchen to keep the knife and Jamari followed me.
"What are you doing here? " I asked him as I folded my arms under my boobs, causing them to raise a bit. I noticed him stare at them licking his lips before focusing back on my face.
"I want you to come work for me again Luna." I scoffed at him. This nigga is crazy.
"No thank you. I'm good." I replied as I attempted walking around him only for him to pull me back by my waist. I inhale his scent. Damn he smells so good. I didn't realize I was biting on my bottom lip.
"Alright fine. I'm sorry Luna. I just happened to be in a really bad place that day. "
"Why couldn't you just say so Jamari. You had to explode and belittle me" I said rolling my eyes. I heard him sigh.
"I'm sorry. Please come back. I miss your cooking " he said starring down at me.
"How bad? " I asked smirking. He chuckled deeply. Gosh that voice.
"So damn bad. So are you gonna come back? "
"Only on one condition " I said looking into his eyes. There was a way he looked into my eyes all the time. I could feel him see through my soul.
"Name it" I said lowly. Causing my heart rate to speed up.
"You're gonna get me a come back present. And then, you'd be nice, you'd respect me. And we will be cordial " I said noticing his eyes roam my body. I held my breath feeling nervous.
"Whatever you want Luna." He replied.
"Good. I'd quit my job tomorrow. And I'd wait for your come back gift. You know my apartment" I said smiling.
He smiled at me too. Goodness, there's most definitely some wetness in between my thighs.
"You better quit that damn job" He said frowning. I giggled at his facial expression.
"Alright Jamari" he pulled me to himself as we hugged. I had forgotten his hand was on my waist all through our talk. I held on to him resting my head on his chest. Being in his arms felt so damn good.
"Aiit, I'm gonna head out. See you tomorrow yeah? "
"Only if you have my gift with you" I said to him. He shook his head and walked back to my living room. I was focused on getting my lunch from the microwave.
Going into the living, I see my purse in Jamari's hand.
"What are you doing? "
"Nothing. Ima head out now."
"Alright. Bye. "
He opens the door and walks out, not before glancing at me. He smirked and winked as he walked towards the elevator. I just stood there smiling. Like a damn fool. Did I forgive him too quickly?
"Ugh, why am I so insecure right now? "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 2.3K 28
a ja morant fanfic. © minxarchive 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 ❛ No matter what happens or what we go through, we gotta stick together ❜
202K 6.5K 60
After being raped and becoming pregnant.Her father kicked her, her mom and sister out because he did not believing her story and her mother wouldn't...
18K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
3.5K 173 6
No matter how much you try to run from your past it always comes back to bite you in the ass . It's true when they said the streets don't love you...