Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia

By Imjustaweirdwriter

"It's been taken," Strickler said. Bular appeared behind him. "You failed." Strickler continued. "You let it... More

1: Becoming part 1
2: Becoming part 2
3: Wherefore art thou, Trollhunter?
4: Gnome your enemy
5: Waka Chaka!
6: Win, lose, or Draal
7: To catch a changeling
8: Adventures in trollsitting
9: Bittersweet sixteen
10: Young Atlas
11: Recipe for disaster
12: Claire and present danger
13: Battle of the two bridges
14: Return of the Trollhunter
15: Mudslinging
16: Roaming fees may apply
17: Blinky's Day out
18: The shattered King
19: Airheads
20: Where is my mind?
21: Party Monster
22: It's about time
23: Wingman
25: A night to remember
26: Something rotten this way comes
27: Escape from the Darklands
28: Skullcrusher
29: Grand Theft Otto
30: KanjigAAARRRGGHH
31: Homecoming
32: Hiss, hiss, bang, bang
33: A hero with a Thousand Faces
34: Just Add Water
35: Creepslayerz
36: The Reckless Club
37: Unbecoming
38: Mistrial and Error
39: In the hall of the GumGum king
40: Night Patrol
41: Arcadia's Most Wanted
43: Bad Coffee
43: So, I'm dating a sorceress
44: The Exorcism of Claire Nunez
45: Parental Guidance
46: The Oath
47: For the Glory of Merlin
48: In Good Hands
!!!Please read!!!

24: Angor Management

66 0 0
By Imjustaweirdwriter

Strickler woke up in the middle of a room, tied up in a chair. "We survived the night with no sign of Angor Rot," Jim said. "Congratulations. Thought I'd bring you some breakfast," he held up a sock.

"I don't eat socks," Strickler said as Jim started untying him. "And I don't appreciate being tied up. I asked you to protect me. Not torture me."

"And I said I'd keep you safe. Not comfortable."

Strickler looked out the window and stood up. "Well, the sun is up," he said. "We'll have until sundown to get me as far away as possible."

"Fine. Let me call the team." He picked up his walkie talkie. "Trollhunter to Warhammer, you copy?"

"Oh, goodie," Strickler said. "The Puberty Patrol is on the case. I feel so safe."

"This is Warhammer," Toby said. "What's up, Jimbo?"

Strickler took the walkie talkie. "Do you really think your friends will have any chance against that killer?" he asked. "They'll be a liability."

Jim took the walkie talkie.

"May I remind you, You destroyed Angor's soul. He'll be out for blood, be it yours or theirs."

"Jim, hello?" Toby asked.

Jim picked up the walkie talkie. "Yeah, Tobes," he said. "Get everyone together. See what you can dig up on finding that last Triumbric stone."

"The ones the GumGums stole?"

"Yeah, I need you guys down in Trollmarket. I'll catch up when I can. Over and out."

"Smart choice," Strickler said. "For once, you're learning."

"For the record," he said. "Angor Rot destroyed his own soul."

Jim started looking through the cupboards and Draal walked over to them. "Why trust this changeling when all he does is betray you?" he asked.

"Because, unfortunately, I have to," Jim said, taking out a few cans. "Is this all the canned food we have?"

"You need more?" Draal smiled. "We should chop him into pieces and can him right now."

"Did you forget about the binding spell? If we hurt him, we hurt my mom."

"Say you do get him out of town. What's stopping Angor Rot from finding him?"

"I don't know, we disguise him."

"Disguise? Angor is a cunning and ruthless assassin. You think he'll be fooled by a hat and mustache?"

"Then, I guess we fight him. Far, far away from here."

"I do not like this plan. He could strike at any time, at any place. He would have the tactical advantage."

"I don't know, okay? I don't have all the answers!" he sighed "Sorry, I know it's not a well-thought-out plan, but we have to leave."

His phone rang and he picked it up, yawning. "Hey, mom. How are ya? I just got up."

"Sorry, I didn't come home, kiddo," She said. "It's been crazy over here at the hospital. Looks like my night shift is turning into a weekend shift."

"Nice arm," Strickler said, looking at Draal's fake arm. "Did you get that at the toy store?"

Draal growled and Jim shushed them. "You're gonna be gone all weekend?" he asked. "That sucks, mom."

"I know," she said. "But you can take care of yourself. Just hunker down in the house. Stay safe."

"Sure, sure. I can hold down the fort."

"You're a lifesaver."

"I'll add it to my resume. Okay, bye, mom. Yeah, I love you too."

He hung up. "She'll be out of the house all weekend?" Strickler asked.

"Yeah," he said. "The house will be empty."

"Fine," Draal said. "I have rocks for brains. Would someone tell me what's so obvious?"

Jim set his bag down on the counter. "We are gonna hold down the fort."

"We survived one night," Strickler said. "He's not going to survive the next."

"Right," Draal said. "We fight here. Take back the tactical advantage. An ambush! Yes, I like it."

"But we're going to need supplies," Jim said.

***

Aaarrrgghh opened a vault and he, Blinky, Toby, and Claire walked inside. "If we're looking to research the last stone," Toby said. "Shouldn't we be at the library?"

"Yes," Claire said. "Why did you bring us to look at Killahead bridge?"

"Before her departure," Blinky told them. "Queen Usurna suspected the depiction of the last stone might very well be inscribed on the bridge itself."

He dug through the debris of the bridge. "The missing eye of Gunmar."

"His eye is the third stone?" Toby asked.

"Indeed. The first stone we procured was affiliated with his birth. The second, his first kill. This stone..."

Aaarrrgghh grabbed a large piece of the bridge with carving on it. "Why, this stone commemorates..." Blinky said. "He's vulnerable."

"How do you mean?" Claire asked.

"Before Gunmar took power, GumGums were mostly disorganized tribes of savages, taking orders from Orlagk, the GumGum Warlord. Gunmar betrayed him in hopes of taking his army as his own. The battle lasted weeks. Gunmar lost his eye. Orlagk lost his head. I fear this may be the most difficult Triumbric stone to find, for his dark servants worked so hard to steal it from the Krubera. They would not hand it over so easily."

The fetch that was near them started glowing. "The fetch," Toby said.

"Something's escaping from the Darklands," Blinky said. "Look out!"

A small gnome made its way out of the fetch. "Gnome Chompsky!" Toby said. "You're back!"

"By Deya's grace," Blinky said. "He survived!"

Chompsky fell to the ground and Toby picked him up. "Hey, bud!"

"Tough little guy," Aaarrrgghh said. Toby hugged Chompsky. "I thought you were lost forever."

He set him down on a nearby rock. "Chompsky?" Claire asked. "The one who was looking for Enrique?"

Chompsky nodded and pulled a pacifier out of his pocket. "Enrique!" Claire said, taking the pacifier. "You found him. Is he okay?" He gave her a thumbs up and she smiled. "Thank you for giving me that."

"What did you see, my tiny fellow?" Blinky asked. "Did you see....Gunmar?"

Chompsky jumped at the sound of Gunmar's name. He removed his hat, showing his unicorn-hair got broken in half. "Gunmar did that?" Blinky asked. "How did you escape?"

Chompsky started chattering in his gnome language and tip-toed across the rock he stood on. He made an angry face and started making angry noises. "What is he saying?" Claire asked.

"A game of pantomime!" Blinky said.

"Panda...mine?" Aaarrrgghh asked.

"Charades!" Toby smiled. Chompsky started chattering angrily again and did multiple gestures. "You escaped the Darklands by looking...angry?" Blinky asked.

"By...by being constipated!" Toby said.

"No," Aaarrrgghh said. "Gunmar!"

Chompsky nodded and Aaarrrgghh smiled. "Like Panda mine."

Chompsky started chattering angrily again and started hitting Blinky with his tiny fists. Blinky giggled. "I like this. He's tickling me!"

"You escaped Gunmar by tickling him?" Toby asked. "No, by massaging him!"

"A message!" Claire said.

Chompsky nodded and started doing more hand gestures. "To swipe?" Blinky said. "To purloin!"

"Badminton!" Toby said. "Wait, why badminton?"

"Sword!" Aaarrrgghh said.

Chompsky took off his hat again and pointed at his broken unicorn-hair. "Gunmar wants to deliver a message to Jim," Claire said. "That's why he's alive. That's how he escaped!"

"I hope it's a short message," Blinky said. "Because we don't have all day."

***

Strickler pushed a bookcase in front of the window. "Keep that out of his line of sight," He told Jim. "Then, we'll drive him into the garage. Do you have the pulley?"

"It's in the basement," Jim said. "I'll get it."

He went down into the basement and grabbed the things he needed. He turned around to see Draal coming out of a hole in the basement wall. "Why is there a hole in my basement?" Jim asked.

"How else am I supposed to get around while the sun is out?" Draal asked. "Don't worry. It only leads to the sewers. Nobody knows about it but me."

Strickler walked down the stairs. "Did you get the Lodestone?"

Draal held up a small stone and a few objects in the basement started floating. "I'll take that as a yes," Jim said.

"It's almost nightfall," Strickler said. "Come on, there's more work to be done."

They started putting things together around the house, setting up their trap.

***

Draal sat down on the stairs while Jim held onto a rope that Strickler was tying to the ceiling. "Okay," Jim said. "That's the last one. Now, all we do is wait."

"You know," Strickler said. "I'm a bit surprised by how well we work together."

"You know, I'm still gonna take you down after all this is over."

"Perhaps, if we get through this, I could talk to my constituents about the Eye of Gunmar. I assume you're still interested in finding the last Triumbric stone?"

"You know where it is?"

"Personally, no. But my ilk are wide and numerous. Where there is a will. there is a way."

"Why would you help me kill Gunmar?"

"Let's just say I'm always looking out for my best interests."

"What a shocker."

Draal looked through the reflection of an axe he had in his hand and turned around to look at the stairs. "What is that?" he asked, looking at an eye-shaped object.

"It's his eye!" Strickler said.

"Gunmar's eye?" Jim asked.

"No, Angor's! He's been watching us! Get it!"

The eye started rolling away. "After it!" Strickler said.

"Catch it before it escapes!" Jim said. He and Strickler started running after it.

"Gunmar's eye, Angor's eye," Draal said. "Enough of these eyes!"

The eye rolled around the house, barely escaping their grips. Jim caught it in a glass cup and put a plate over it. "How long has he been watching us?" he asked.

They heard the doorknob rattling. "He's here," Jim said. "Get in position!"

Draal went to the basement door and Strickler hid behind a table that was flipped over while Jim hid behind a closet. He took out the amulet. "For the glory of Merlin," he whispered. "Daylight is mine to command."

The armor formed on him and the door opened. "Hey, kiddo," Barbara said. "You home? Wanda messed up my schedule again. Guess I have the day off after all."

She went to the coat rack, where there was a rope tied. "Mom, watch out!" Jim said. He pushed her out of the way before an axe swung over to them and hit the door. "Woah!" she said. "Holy—"

She looked at the axe in the door and gasped. "Why is there an axe in the door?"

Strickler stood up, holding a crossbow. "Barbara are you alright?" he asked.

Jim helped Barbara up. "I'm fine," she said. She looked at the armor that was on Jim. "What is—" She looked at Strickler. "Walt? What are you doing here? And why are you holding a crossbow?"

"Me?" He said. "You see, there's a school project I gave Jim and, uh..."

Draal ran out of the basement. "Die, Angor!"

Jim stood in front of him. "No, Draal!" he said. "Get back!"

Barbara screamed and he stopped. "Hello," he said. "Sorry."

She screamed and reached into her pocket. "Mom!" Jim said, "It's okay, he's—"

He took out her pepper spray and sprayed Draal with it. "My eyes!" he said. He tripped over a rope, causing him to hit a wall and fall to the ground. The bookcase fell on top of him. Jim ran over to him. "It's okay, mom," he said. "He's a friend!"

"He was a friend," Strickler said. "Now, he's out cold."

Barbara screamed again and fell to the ground.

"And, so is she."

***

Barbara sat on a chair, holding a cup of water. Strickler handed her a pitcher of water. "More water, Barbara?"

She took the pitcher and drank the entire thing. "So, let me get this straight," She said. "There are good trolls and bad trolls...and somehow, you?" she looked at Strickler.

"If I may," he said. "There is a vast world beneath our feet, Barbara, and your son has stirred up a heap of trouble."

"Dude!" Jim said.

Barbara covered her face with her hands. "This is all so..."

Strickler stood up. "I'll give you two a moment."

He walked out of the room, leaving Jim and Barbara alone. "I can't believe this is what you've been doing," Barbara said. "All those late nights, getting arrested, you in the hospital...Why are you this...Trollfighter?"

"Trollhunter," he said.

"You should be worried about high school and girls, not this...I mean, can't you just ask someone else to do it?"

"I'm afraid it's a....permanent position? They need me, mom. I know, it's hard to believe, but I'm sorta, like, their protector."

"But who's gonna protect you?"

***

Angor walked through the tunnel until he reached the house. He saw a rope and ran his finger across it.

***

"Barbara," Strickler said. "You do have to leave! It's--"

A few cans that hung above them started clanging together. Angor lit the rope on fire with his finger and the cans exploded, causing the three of them to fall to the ground. "The basement!" Jim said.

"What's in the basement?" Barbara asked.

"Draal was supposed to guard it," Strickler said. The door to the basement opened and a small black ball rolled over to them. Angor could be heard through it, chanting in a different language. The ball started glowing and the lights went out. "What happened to the lights?" Barbara asked.

Jim turned on a flashlight. "Mom, stay close," he said.

"But I can't see you!" she said.

Things around them were exploding. "For the glory of Merlin," Jim said. "Daylight is mine to command!"

The glowing armor formed on him. "Jim, you're glowing!" Barbara said. "H-How are you glowing?"

"It's armor, mom," he said. "It's part of the job."

A purple light flew toward them and Jim blocked it with his sword. "Stick to the plan," Strickler said. "You know what to do."

Another purple light flew toward Jim and he blocked it again with his sword. Angor lunged at him. "You did not run, brave hunter," he said. "But the brave are the first to die."

"Go!" Jim told Strickler and Barbara. "Get her out of here!"

Strickler grabbed Barbara's hand and dragged her out of the room. "No!" she said. "Not without Jim!"

Angor swung at Jim with his sword and he blocked it with his own. He knocked Angor's sword into the wall and ran at him with his. The sword disappeared from his hand and appeared in Angor's. He knocked Jim backward with it and the markings appeared on his face again. Jim grabbed a crossbow that was on the ground and ran into the kitchen. "You have to be faster than that," Angor said. Jim pushed the fridge on top of him and he got back up. "You think you can stop me with booby traps?"

***

Strickler moved a few boxed that were covering the tunnel. "Barbara!" he said. "Over here! This tunnel leads to the sewers. You can get to the street."

"What about my son?" Barbara asked. She could hear Jim and Angor fighting upstairs. "What's going to happen to him?" she asked.

"You have to go!" Strickler said.

"No!" He needs my help!"

"You don't understand. Our lives are bound magically."

"Are you really talking about our relationship right now? My son is in danger!"

She ran up the stairs but he dragged her back down. "Let me go!" She slapped him across the face, only to get a slap to her own face with no hand. "What was that?" she asked.

"Listen to me! Leave now!"

His eyes started glowing yellow. "What are you, Walt?" she asked.

"I'm someone who can help your son, but I can't until I know you're safe. Please."

"Then go to him!"

He ran up the stairs, leaving Barbara in the basement. She looked around and saw a shovel leaning against the wall

***

Angor swung his sword at Jim, and he dodged it. Angor knocked him into the wall, knocking a few pictures down. Angor held out his hand and started chanting again. Jim started floating and floated into the wall. Angor held up his sword, but it got knocked out of his hand by a small dagger. Strickler stood near him in his troll form, throwing daggers at Angor. Jim fell off the wall. "Let's put this mad dog down!" Strickler said. "Upstairs!"

They ran up the stairs and Angor grabbed Jim's foot. Strickler stomped on Angor's hand and he let him go. Jim and Strickler ran up the stairs and Angor lunged at Strickler, holding him down. "Hey!" Jim said. "You hunt Trollhunters? Hunt me! Or did you forget that I'm the one who destroyed your soul?"

Angor pushed Strickler against the wall and ran toward Jim. He was faced with two doors. He opened one of them and was faced with a fiery object that flew him backward. He went to the other door and walked inside. Jim sat next to his desk. "Nowhere to run now, hunter," Angor said. Jim stood on top of his desk and Angor stepped forward, holding up his sword. Yellow beams surrounded him, not letting him move. "Fell into your own trap," Jim said as Strickler walked into the room. "Well, thanks for the idea." He looked at Strickler. "Do it."

Strickler flipped the light switch and purple lights turned on. Angor started smoking. "UV lightbulbs, Angor Rot," Strickler said. "Just like the sun."

Barbara ran up the stairs with the shovel in her hand. Draal sat up when she went up the stairs.

Barbara ran into the room and knocked Angor out of the stasis trap with the shovel. "Get away from my boy!" she said.

"Mom, no!" Jim said. "Get out of here!"

Angor knocked the UV lightbulbs out and stood up. Barbara looked at Strickler in his troll form. "Walt?"

Angor lunged at Strickler with his sword and Strickler held onto his arm, keeping the sword away. Jim ran over to Barbara and dragged her out of the room. "Get out of here!"

Angor managed to cut Strickler's neck and the same cut appeared on Barbara's neck. "Mom!" Jim said.

"Well, that didn't go as planned," Strickler said.

Draal ran in and pinned Angor to the wall. Jim led Barbara out of the room. "Mom, are you okay?"

"My side hurts," she said. "Why—"

"Come on, I have to get you out of here."

"Go!" Draal said to Strickler. "Get them out of here!"

Strickler and Jim got Barbara into Strickler's car. "Motivated enough, I could do anything," Strickler said, getting into his car.

"We have to get to the hospital," Jim said.

"Can't," Strickler coughed. "Our wounds won't be healed by modern medicine. We need to get to Trollmarket."

Draal held Angor by the neck. "You think you can kill me?" Angor asked. "A broken husk of a pretend warrior?"

He knocked Draal into the stasis trap. Angor climbed to the roof and saw the car drive away. He started running toward it.

"Sorry, I messed things up," Barbara said.

"No, mom," Jim said. "I'm sorry. I should've told you. I should've told you everything. Just hang in there and everything's gonna be okay, alright."

Strickler was trying to cover his wound and drive at the same time. He kept crashing into things. "Focus!" Jim said.

"I'm trying!"

Angor threw a ball of purple smoke at them, just barely missing the car. "That'll wake one up," Strickler said. He drove into the grass, trying to lose Angor. "Where did you learn how to fight?" Barbara asked.

"I'll tell you all about it once I get you safe," Jim said.

"Perhaps now," Strickler coughed. "We call your friends. I think we lost him."

Angor landed in front of the car. "Go, go, go!" Jim said. "Get to the bridge now!"

"I'm trying to!" Strickler said.

Jim took out his phone. "Toby, pick up," he said.

***

Toby, Claire, Aaarrrgghh, and Blinky were sitting in Trollmarket's library, trying to understand what Chompsky was saying. "He wants to twist Jim!" Blinky said.

"Juice Jim," Aaarrrgghh said.

"No!" Claire said. "I got it. Tie him into a pretzel!"

Chompsky yelled in frustration and Toby heard his phone vibrate. "Speaking of which," he said, picking up his phone. "Yello, Jimbo! You'll never guess who's back!"

"Toby!" Jim said. "Open the door to Trollmarket now! He's right behind us! Now!"

They drove through the forest, almost crashing into the trees. Jim dropped his phone through all the bumping of the car. "Hello?" Toby asked. He ran around the room. "Horngazel! Horngazel!"

"Did I miss something?" Blinky asked.

"Go!" Jim told Strickler. "Under the bridge!"

They drove down under the bridge. "Mom, stay with me!" Jim said. "We're almost there!"

Strickler looked up and saw Angor on top of the bridge. He jumped on top of their car and they drove in reverse as fast as they could, knocking him off. "Turn now!" Jim said.

Angor managed to get on top of the car again. "We have to shake him before we get into Trollmarket!" Jim said.

Strickler drove faster, making curves and U-turns. Angor fell off the car and onto the pavement.

Toby ran through Trollmarket, pushing past the trolls while holding the Horngazel. "Coming through!" He said.

Jim got on top of the car and his two small blades appeared in his hands. He threw one of them at Angor. "Go!" he said. "Under the bridge!"

The car started driving under the bridge. Angor started throwing purple balls of light at the car. Jim deflected them with his shield. "Straight at the wall!" He told Strickler. "Just drive!"

Toby jumped up and down, trying to make the semi-circle as big as he could. "Curse these short limbs of mine!"

"How do I know it'll open?" Strickler asked.

"I don't," Jim said.

Strickler drove faster at the bridge. "It's not opening!"

"Come on, Tobes, come on!" Jim said.

Tobymanaged to open the portal just seconds before the car drove through it. Theydrove down the stairs into the center of Trollmarket. Jim got out of the car,carrying Barbara in his arms. "We need help!" He said. "Please!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1K 30
❝𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄?❞ ❝𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔! 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓, 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒.❞ ━━━━...
5.5K 205 57
❤ I was the only human in Trollmarket. Magic and Trollmarket was all I've ever known. I was curious to see the surface, where I came from, but for wh...
2.8K 63 12
Trollhunters: Tales Of Arcadia Book Follows first season of trollhunters Follow the story of Freya, whose world is changed over a couple of days. A...
227K 3.7K 53
After the events of the Shattered King, the Trollhunter team finds themselves in a mysterious room surrounded by classmates, teachers, family, trolls...