Crashing For Cameron

By dallasohdear

Hazel Reignhart is just your average seventeen year old fangirl. But when a trip to Magcon in her hometown of... More

Crashing For Cameron
Chapter One: Magcon
Chapter Two: Butterflies
Chapter Three: Talks
Chapter Four: Naps
Chapter Five: Twitter
Chapter Six: Empathy
Chapter Seven: Perfect
Chapter Eight: Adventure
Chapter Nine: Late Night Ice Cream Runs
Chapter Ten: Save It Dallas
Chapter Eleven: Teases
Chapter Twelve: Pain
Chapter Thirteen: Fix You
Chapter Fifteen: Hope

Chapter Fourteen: Boom

13 2 0
By dallasohdear

•Hazel•

God the traffic today was terrible, and it just wouldn't stop raining. What a stormy day for Los Angeles.
"Hello?" Cameron's sweet voice picked up the phone.
"Hey Cam I'm going to be late to lunch, traffic is really backed up." I sighed and he didn't sound too annoyed by it.
"That's ok. See you soon. Be safe." He says before the line clicks. I toss my phone into the passenger seat and finally the line of cars move. After twenty minutes I'm going down the free way at a good pace, only a few minutes from the restaurant Cam had lunch plans for at. It's been a few day since we've gotten back together, it's taking time for hearts to heal and forgiveness to appeal, but it's better than nothing. The person next to me was doing weird things so I slowed down slightly, it must've just been the poor traction of their tires against the impaling raindrops on the road.
Then the person next to me was really driving strange, like speeding, slowing, sudden brakes, wobbles.
Then just like that,
Boom.

I'm still conscious as the car rolls and rolls and rolls. I don't know if I'm right side up or upside down or if this is even real. The last thing I hear before everything goes black is yelling and sirens and the not so calming sound of the rain hitting the car.

Cameron's POV ~

"Where is the emergency room?" I am frantically asking a receptionist at the hospital who is too intrigued in another conversation and a ringing phone to answer me.
"Where the fuck is the ER!" Im yelling really loud now, the lady is telling me to calm down but how the hell could I be calm right now. I start running down the white tiled hall, looking for the sign. I turn a corner and the red sign leads the way to where I need to be.
Then I see her.
"Hazel!" Im pushing through the doctors but they keep holding me back.
"No! Let me see her! I have to see her!" Im hysterically screaming and clawing my way from the arms of the doctors but it's no use. There's like five of them holding me. I give up, plaster my eyes through the glass window, watching as they run all these tests and hook her up to these machines. A man walks out and pulls off his face mask, coming up to me.
"Things aren't to well right now, unfortunately. It's going to be a while before you get to see her. She's in very critical condition, the accident caused a lot of head trauma. She has a broken foot, two ribs, a few fingers, and she's going to be getting a lot of stitches. The chances of her pulling out of her coma are small but we always have faith. I'll be out here to notify you when you can visit her." He explains the damage and pain, every word he sets out makes my whole body ache. This can't be happening.
"Thanks." I mumble, barely audible. I sit in the cold waiting chairs they leave outside the room and they close the curtains for privacy. My head has fell into my hands and I'm crying, being strong isn't even an option at the moment.
"Hey she's going to be alright Cameron." Nash is sitting next to me, along with my mom and Hazels brother.
"Excuse me is Brandon Reignhart here?" A man in a dark brown suit asks.
Brandon stands up and follows the man a little down the hall out of our hearing. I see Brandon start to look highly frustrated.
"She isn't going to die!" I hear him holler in the mans face before sitting back down next to us.
"You're allowed to visit now, but she is unresponsive. We have her on a machine with tubes that help her breath, one of her lungs nearly collapsed so she needs it."
We Follow the doctor into the room and we all gather around her bed. Her beautiful face is pale and dull, stitches line across the corner of her forehead and other places on her body. She didn't deserve any of this, at all. We were just back on good terms and now this shit happens.
After about an hour Nash and my mom go home.
Hours pass by and I'm still sitting by her bed with her hand in mine. She's so cold.
"You two are free to stay the night, or you may go home, get some rest, and visit in the morning, although I would suggest getting some rest, it's your choice." The doctor gives a reassuring smile before leaving the dark room, which is only lightened by the moon out the window.
Brandon looks utterly exhausted, I forgot he was working graveyard shift and probably hadn't gotten sleep. I have him a nod and he understood, kissing his sister on the forehead and leaving me there to stay the night.
That was two hours ago.
It's now twelve twenty two.
Past midnight.
"Hey Haze..." I murmur to her silent body.
"I don't know if you can hear me but... Please don't leave." I whisper, tear rolling down my cheek.
"You know when I first met you, I thought you were one of the most beautiful fans I had ever met. The greatest thing was you didn't always freak out. For once I didn't feel like the famous Cameron Dallas, I felt like a regular eighteen year old who just had a crush on a regular seventeen year old girl. You make me feel special, invincible, it's amazing. I've been with you for a while now...it's not even a year but God I want more than a year." I stop talking because I'm choking up and I'm realizing it's no use because she can't hear me. And if she can, she can't respond to it. I can't sleep tonight, I'm too worried that if I close my eyes, and then open them; she will be gone.
-
-
-
Now it's been three days.
That's 72 hours is not sleeping at all.
They say when you stay up to long you can have hallucinations and mind tweaks. Haven't had any yet, considering the amount of coffee and red bull that's keeping me awake.
She hasn't moved, opened an eye, nothing.
The doctor said the man in the truck next to her was extremely drunk and undeniably high off God knows what. He drove into the wrong lane at the wrong time while driving over 90. The man hit the corner of Hazels car, causing it to flip repeatedly, she also flipped off the freeway into a bunch of gravel.
I hope that man is happy. All he suffered with was slight alcohol poisoning and a broken nose from his air bag. I swear to god if I saw him he would have a much more fatal injury than a broken nose. Because my girlfriend was in a damn coma.
As I was holding Hazel's hand I turned it over to see if her IV was bugging her in any way and I saw something I didn't wanna see. She had a few cuts that looked like they were just scarring, they must've been from when we broke up, I can't believe I hurt her so much. And I was so narcissistic about it, all I cared was how I felt after. I kissed her cuts and just let my lips stay there for a while.
A lot of her friends brought her gifts like flowers, and for some reason, A LOT of girls would bring her a gift and they would ask me for a picture. Like now.
"Cameron! Oh my god this is real." This girl who looked no older than fifteen walked in with a teddy bear and a card.
"Yes it is." I said, I loved my fans but I was so exhausted and when I looked in the mirror, I looked as if I had done every drug in world. My eyes had dark bags underneath and my hair was horrible.
"I brought this for Hazel...I really hope she gets better. I'm sorry Cammy." The girl said and introduced herself as Olivia.
"I hope so too." I mumble to myself. She hugs me tightly and her dad takes some pictures. Luckily the girls dad says this,"Okay Olivia, I think it's best we leave now. Give him some space."
To pass the time and stay awake, I chugged a red bull and counted the gifts.
Thirteen bouquets of flowers, five stuffed animals, sixteen cards, eleven balloons, and a bunch of random stuff. It was like a comatose Christmas. But it wasn't enjoyable.
-
After four days, the nurses and doctors decided it was no use of trying to get me to leave when they had something to do with Hazel. They knew I was staying no matter what.
I could barely keep my eyes open.
At all.
I kept pacing the room and doing a Rubix Cube to stay awake, tweeting fans and playing Subway Surfer on my phone.
"Mr. Dallas you-" a doctor began talking.
"Call me Cameron." I interrupt.
"Um, Cameron, you should get at least a few hours of sleep. It's vital. If you don't, your going to end up in critical condition like your girlfriend. The longest someone has survived without sleep was roughly eleven days. You're going on five. Hazel would want you to sleep." He says, giving me a pat on the shoulder. I know he's serious but what if Hazel wakes up? Or her heart stops?
"I will wake you if anything happens. I promise." He says. I nod and turn to the couch against the window. The doctor replaces the IV in her arm with a clean one and leaves. I kiss her forehead, and then I lay down on the couch.
As soon as my head hits that pillow I'm out.
-
I wake up and Hazel is still well...asleep. I get up and stretch, yawning as I stand. My tense muscles are sore from the uncomfortable hospital couch. I lean over and kiss Hazel's cheek.
"Good Morning Haze." I whisper. A nurse walks in and sets up Hazel's feeding tube to get nutrients into her system. The nurse tells me we're the cafeteria is and I head towards there to eat. I get a bunch of snacks to take with me too and head back up to the room, when I walk in i drop my tray of food and I'm left absolutely in shock. Three doctors and two nurses are around Hazel.
"What's wrong? What's goin on!" I'm scared to death because there cutting her open and putting all of these tubes inside of her.
"You need to leave." A nurse tugs me out and shuts the door, refusing my entry to see Hazel.
"Please just tell me what is happening?" I practically beg her.
"Her lung is filling up with liquid and it has to be pumped out, when the crash happened and her lung collapsed, it punctured the lung. She should be okay. She isn't feeling any pain." The nurse gives me a reassuring half smile and walks back into the ER.
"God dammit why!" I scream and punch the bulletin board, which the plexiglass covering the papers cracks, giving me a bloodied knuckle.
I'm sitting on a hospital bed as a nurse stitches up my hand and knuckle.
"So why exactly did you break our bulletin?" She asks me, slightly giggling.
"I was angry." I mutter.
"Oh yes, the girl in the coma is your?"
"Girlfriend." I say.
"I'm sorry." She says as she wraps my hand in a bandage.
"Sorry doesn't save her." I say and walk out, leaving the nurse to herself. When I get back to Hazel's room, the doctor stands with a frown.
"Sit down." He tells me. I sit next to Hazel and hold her hand.
"What's wrong?" I ask him, worried.
"I hate to say this to anyone, especially someone as loyal as you..." He says and I just know bad news will follow.
"And?" I say, looking at the man.
"The trauma Hazel took to her head was very fatal, the fact that she didn't die instantly on impact is a miracle itself. Cameron, when someone is shaken and hit to the head that many times, it's hard to pull them out of their comatose." He explains to me very sorrowfully, I know he is being genuine and as gentle with his words as possible.
"So you're saying?" I ask, giving Hazel's hand a squeeze.
"I'm saying that the chances of Hazel waking up and surviving this is a very low percent... At this point all we have to do is wait. If we take her off of her support theres a five percent chance that her brain will function at all."
At that point,
My heart collapsed.
"You're wrong." I say, but at this point in bawling and tears are wetting my shirt and I can't help but cry and cry.
The pain is so immense.
-
It's so weird how things change in a matter of seconds.
Like one second life is perfect.
Then , boom.
Everything is opposite.
-
It's been two weeks now.
I sit by her bed every single day.
My mom tells me I need to go home and watch TV and relax.
Nash tells me I need to let it go and just accept the fact that she will be asleep forever.
Brandon is severely depressed.
This is all crumbling.
And I don't know how much longer I can take it.
I'm not saying I'm going to kill myself.
But I'm not saying I can't hurt myself.
Wish me the best.
-
It's been two week and five days,
The bouquets are wilting,
The rain is pouring,
And my heart is still trying to keep from a mental and physical breakdown.
She's the only thing keeping me sane.
They were thinking about taking her off her supports.
I refused to let them.
I need her to stay strong.
I get down by the window and do something I haven't done in a while.
"God I don't know if you're listening, or if you're even seeing all this, but I need you. I need her. She's all I ever needed, and God I love this woman with all my heart. Taking her away would take far more than a part of me. Please lord, I'm asking you, keep her strong..." I sit for a while and cry, my tear ducts can produce no more salty liquid so I fall asleep.
-
-
So short chapter, and the next chapter will be posted by Thursday or before that so don't worry.

Share my story with others!!!
Vote!!'
Comment!!!
Follow me on Twitter @caniffingdallas ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 722 22
My name Is Hannah Clearwater. I'm 16 years old. Last month I would have never of thought that I would be in love with Cameron Dallas. This is the sto...
4.7K 35 35
tavia dallas; cameron dallas little sister. a huge house is a good choice for a huge family that goes on tour for being social media famous. people...
3.7K 162 47
Catherine is Cameron Dallas's younger sister and is 17 years old. As a sister to a famous Magcon boy, her life is full of non-stop drama, boys, girls...
107K 1.8K 24
Arielle is an 18 year old girl who is famous for her amazing acting. She moves to California and is forced to take acting lessons. She meets the bad...