crumble | h.s

By ulookuglytodaysis

{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's wha... More

part one: the robbery
part two: aftermath
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fify three: 72 hours
part fifty four
party fifty five: 48 hours
part fifty six: 24 hours
part fifty seven: goodbye
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
Author's Note
Announcement!!!!
RESURRECT
hi :)
surprise ...
new fic!

part fifty

5.6K 141 88
By ulookuglytodaysis

^play quietly during the first part while reading if u wanna cry more.

*Third person*

She sat on the floor in front of the fireplace.

He sat on the couch behind her.

She didn't want to go back to bed. He didn't either.

So, two broken souls just remained in front of a dying flame, feeling empty and shattered.

Lydia's eyes were set on the fire, while Harry's eyes were set on her. Both pairs of irises hid so much pain behind the blue and green.

Lydia felt like she was losing Harry. She felt like he was slipping through her fingers and there was no way to stop it.

But Harry knew this had to happen. He couldn't keep her to himself anymore. He had to let her go.

And as much as it hurt him...he knew it's what's best for the woman he loves so much.

He wanted her to live a life without any fear. He wanted her to grow and blossom like the beautiful flower she was. He wanted her to smile so that her eyes crinkled and her teeth peeked through her lips.

And of course he wanted to do all of this with her. Of course he wanted to experience a normal life with her. But his life is not normal, and he knew that could never happen.

Keeping Lydia would mean he was keeping her from living. He cared for her far too much to do that, to hold her back.

Harry looked at the one thing he loves most in the world sitting with her back facing him. His mind was racing, but it was all about her. All he could see was snippets of the time they spent together.

Him driving her home. Him dancing with her in the club. Their first kiss. Her moving in with him and the guys. The sunrise. Their second kiss. Her running out of the house, running from him. Her crashing into his arms. The books. The moment he realized he was in love with her. All of it.

He found himself smiling softly, because Lydia White meant so much to him. She changed his life.

Every bad thing in his dark world was outshined by her incredible light.

She didn't even know. She couldn't see the eternal brightness and loveliness emitting from her the way that Harry saw it.

It pained him so deeply to think that he had to let this angel go.

But he knew that what they had couldn't last. Maybe it was never meant to.

Lydia was fighting her own thoughts.

She loved Harry.

She just wanted to be held by him. She wanted him to tell her that he loved her and that they would try and work things out.

But she knew what was coming, and it was bringing her so much grief.

She never would have thought that a heart could be broken so many times in one night.

She thought she was going to lose Harry to the evil that was The Phantoms, but now she was losing him to fear and doubt.

She just wished they met in a different way. Like in a book store or a park. Like normal people who fall in love.

She didn't want anyone else. No one could do for her what Harry could.

And if there was one thing she knew for sure, it was that she would wait for Harry no matter what.

If things end between them...the way she feels about him won't ever change. She'll be waiting for the moment he comes back.

Because he was her soulmate, and fate has crazy ways of working.

If they didn't meet again in this life...then they would in the next. That's what she kept telling herself.

She knew Harry loved her. He showed it in everything he did. Even when he was angry, he still showed the love he felt for her.

She knew he was capable of love. She never doubted it, even when she said she did.

It was hard for him to love, but he did it for her.

And she was grateful for everything he's done for her. Every small gesture, every kiss, every feeling he gave her...she would never forget it.

So, as they sit in front of the fire...they both know that their precious time together is bound to come to an end.

Both Lydia and Harry were believers of destiny. Maybe this was theirs.

Maybe they were always meant to crumble.

Lydia White

"Lydia." Harry's deep voice croaks from behind me.

"Hmm." I acknowledge while staring numbly into the fire.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

I wasn't.

"I don't really know." my voice cracks because I haven't talked in a while and my throat hurt from crying.

I hear him shuffle off of the couch and sit down next to me. He sits with his knees up, arms resting on top of them and hands folded between.

"I think we just need to go to sleep." he mumbles, looking ahead.

"Sleep won't change anything. We'll wake up and everything will be exactly how we left it." I shake my head.

He sighs. "We can't talk about anything when we're exhausted." he states.

I exhale and tuck my hair behind my ear. "Exhausted or not...it's not gonna change the fact that you're gonna leave me."

My comment makes him dip his head down and look at the ground between his legs.

"Please don't say that." he exhales.

"But it's true!" I throw my hands up and turn my head to look at him.

"Lydia, please." he huffs and shakes his head.

"Why can't we just work something out?" I turn back to look at the fire.

"It's not that easy. I wish it was." his lips pull to the side of his face.

"Let's just run away." I suggest.

"I have a gang to run, Lyds." he says.

"I just wanna stay with you." I say softly.

Harry unfolds his hands and grabs mine. "You have no idea" he says.

I look into his green eyes. He was giving me a sincere look that held love, sadness, and regret.

His one eye was purple because of the bruising. My gaze traveled all along his face. His cheekbone and jaw were yellow, green and purple.

He's endured so much pain tonight but he's been ignoring it for my sake.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." I say softly.

"Don't feel sorry." he shakes his head.

I gently place my hand on the back of his head and lean in towards him. I lay very gentle kisses on his bruises.

He looks into my eyes and pulls a half smile. "You don't have to do that." he says.

"Oh shuddup." I shake my head, causing him to exhale a small laugh.

I wanted to reverse everything that happened tonight. I wanted to take all his pain away from him.

"Were you scared?" I mumble, but he hears it.

He bites his lip and shrugs. "Only because I thought your life was in danger." he admits, making my stomach tighten.

"Did you think they were gonna kill you?" I find myself asking all of these questions that I don't know if I want the answer to.

"If I didn't get out in time, they would've. That was their plan." he says lowly.

I feel sick at the thought that if he didn't escape, he wouldn't be sitting here with me right now.

"All I could do was sit there and listen to your voice over the phone. That's when I knew that I had to get out of there. For you." he speaks.

I shake my head and sigh. "I can't believe this happened. It still doesn't feel real."

I feel him looking at the side of my face, which makes me turn to face him again. He was just looking at me intently, but his lips were curled very slightly.

"What?" I furrow my brows.

"You just...haven't changed." he says.

"What do you mean?" I tilt my head, not understanding what he was putting down.

"From the moment I met you, you were this cheeky, kindhearted girl that cares too much. You haven't changed a bit." he smiles slightly, making my heart flutter.

It feels like I haven't seen his smile in so long.

"I remember the night we met." I say in response.

He bites the inside of his cheek and turns his head away, looking at the floor. "Me too." he nods.

"I remember when you came into the diner and drove me home." I breathe out a small laugh. "It was only the second time I met you, I don't know what I was thinking getting into a car with you." I say lightheartedly and chuckle.

"You trust to easily." he chuckles under his breath softly.

The small smile on the side of his face makes my heart warm.

"Do you remember when you took me to the beach?" I ask, making him nod.

"Of course I remember." he smirks.

"I wish we could do that forever." I add.

He doesn't say anything, but instead he just looks at me with a million thoughts running through his head. Eventually, he turns his head back towards the flame with parted lips.

"Me too." he says, his smile was gone.

We just sat quietly for a moment. I glanced at Harry, and he looked like he was pondering something extremely important in his head. 

This was really hard on both of us. It was taking such an emotional toll on our heads and making us distant. 

Harry takes a breath from beside me, making me turn my head. 

"Things can change so easily." he starts quietly. I tilt my head, waiting for him to expand on his statement. 

"I mean, just yesterday we were so connected and together...and then this happened." he continues. 

"Harry-" 

"We take advantage of the time we have, and before we know it...it just slips through our fingers." he says, facing the dead fire in front of us. 

I tuck my knees into my chest and rest my head on them, biting the inside of my cheek. As much as I hated what he was saying, he was right. We took our time together for granted and we were stupid to think we had more of it, especially with the life he leads. 

"So, that's why..." he reaches for my hand, causing me to sit up and look at him. He turns his whole body towards me on the floor and looks into my eyes, making my chest tighten. 

"That's why whatever time we have left together, I want to make the most of it." he says, gripping my hand. 

I part my lips, letting out a small exhale. "B-but I thought it was over." I say in confusion. 

"If it's over then I'd be letting go of the one thing I love the most in this world." 

I feel my face get hot and my heart flutter like crazy in my chest. I didn't know what to say. 

"I promise you that I'll never take you for granted again." he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"I love you." I whisper softly. 

His lips curl into a smile. "I love you." he responds in the same tone. 

This was the Harry I was used to. Everything felt like it was back in place. The way our hands were being held in each others, the way he was looking at me, the way I had butterflies in my stomach. 

We were back. 

We still had so much to worry about. There was chaos around us but right now, in this moment, we were all that mattered. 

Harry's eyes drift down to my parted lips. His mouth parts open slightly as well, and he leans forward. 

I couldn't breathe until his lips hit mine, and when they did I let a sharp exhale out of my nose in pure relief. His familiar taste and smell stimulate every nerve in my body as I felt his soft cherry lips glide with mine. 

His tongue slips into my mouth, breaking down any boundaries that were never there to begin with. It was normal for us to get carried away at inappropriate times, but honestly, I didn't care. 

He disconnects our lips and looks into my eyes while gently, but assertively placing his hand around my neck and pushing me so that I lay down on the floor. My stomach was filled with anticipation. 

His four fingers were wrapped around the side of my neck while his thumb stroked just under my chin very lightly. I looked up at his green eyes that had dropped slightly in color. 

Just looking at his face sent shivers up my spine. My lower stomach filled with desire and need for him. 

"I want you." I whisper. He smirks and leans down to kiss me once again, before putting his hand on the waistband of my pajama pants and placing his mouth right against my ear and whispering... 

"Take these off for me, baby." 

sorry for shortish chapter, next one's gonna be longer. 

also, thank you for 2k reads! 

vote and comment! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 31 10
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
678K 14.7K 74
-completed- His breath tampered on my neck as he backed me into a corner. "Look at me." he demands in a disturbingly-menacingly-calm tone. I couldn'...
172 7 7
"Oh but you see sweetheart, there's so much more I am capable of. You see me from the outside, a guy who can just look at a person once and have them...
771K 26.2K 45
My heart was beating and adrenaline was running through my body at a thousand miles per second. My hand wrapped around the door knob, but then I was...