The Coldest Summer✓

Da Geegervy

"I'm a terrible dancer," I whisper. "And I guess the cowboy is much better than the city girl." My sarcasm is... Altro

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Epilogue

Fourteen

7.1K 582 1K
Da Geegervy

It's almost three a.m. I slowly exit my room, coming across the silent hall with dim light. Breathing softly, I head a few steps towards Liam's door that's just next to mine and opposite to Sam's, and here is my destination.

It's now that I notice the magnitude of this favor I've been asked. I must face Mr. Intense so late at midnight, and in my pajamas. I'm not sure of how I look, and I don't understand why I'm even concerned about it.

Sighing, my courage pulled in, I knock at Liam's door about four times and stay still, waiting for him. I keep my little patience intact, but my tummy is already in a thousand knots.

Just open the door, Mr. Darcy, and let's get it over with. I sigh again, unable to keep calm.

A moment goes by until I hear the doorknob screeching. My heart starts racing when the door swings ajar thereafter. Liam pops his head out, and then he widens the door with a frown. 

Startled, my eyes rest on a fit and shirtless body.

Holy cow! Plaid pajama pants hang on his sculpted waist, and up to his chest my gaze freezes on the sight of his tight stomach, sinew chambers of his abs out in the open.

"Ms. Jones?" Liam utters, looking surprised by this utterly unexpected visit. It's only natural. His just-woke-up face forms a furrow as he scrutinizes me in astonishment.

Holy Mother of God! Why is my heart racing rapidly? It's just Liam, right?

Still surprised by my presence, Liam's eyes glide from my head to toes, and I'm glad I'm wearing my most decent nighties—loose pants and top—nothing revealing.

"Um, I just—" I pause, clearing my throat.

Where is my voice? I'm suddenly flustered.

"What?" Liam frowns, which shows that he doesn't understand the word I'm saying.

Good riddance to my sanity!

I sigh heavily and get a grip. "I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep. Malik asked me to tell you that you should check your emails or something; he said he couldn't reach you," I finally tell him.

Was it so hard?

"Malik called you?" At last Liam responds, his tone inexplicable.

And I can't believe that's the only thing he's caught from my long speech.

"Yeah, it's what I just told you," I retort.

"Okay," he says gently.

"Well then, have a goodnight." I decide to end it and quickly move my legs back to my room. I don't even dare to look back, yet I can feel Liam's gaze stalking my behind until I'm out of sight.

Once I'm back in my hideout, I lean against the door to catch my breath. My face is literally on fire that I could fry an egg. I exhale audibly while transforming my palms into a fan.

Is it really hot or just me and my burning hormones? I can't let go of Liam's image no matter how hard I shake my mind off, and it's quite lewd of me to covet a man like this.

I seriously need a man.

I decide to kill some minutes on the balcony, browsing through my phone. My Instagram has been inactive for a month now, and maybe it's time to make some feeds. Unhurriedly, I start uploading a few pictures I've taken during my Montana excursions.

I smile at the memory when I come across the photo sent by Sam, the four of us at the wedding, standing by the red limousine. My fingers find Liam immediately and a little zoom takes place. His sight makes me giggle out of the blue. I'm sure it took him a lot of energy to smile.

Oh, Mr. Intense.

Nevertheless, he looks awfully handsome that I end up biting my lip, beguiled. Gentle breeze coupled with a familiar voice that I know by heart is what awakes me from my trance. I glance at my neighbor's balcony and find Liam on the phone.

The weak light coming from his room enables me to see him well enough—lucky me. He's at least wearing a T-shirt at present, and he seems to have already noticed my presence as his eyes take me in without shame.

This night keeps getting crazier, and right now I'd really love to know what he thinks of me whenever he gives me such a look—full of unspoken words—for it's hard to feel perfectly indifferent about it, and I know I shouldn't let it affect me.

My imagination gets too wild for me to handle his gaze. I look away, trying to compose myself. But when I turn my attention back to him, he is no longer to be seen. What a shame. He's even turned off the light to his room which makes it completely dark.

I'm strangely disappointed.

I just shut the window, ready to try getting some sleep. Yawning, I stride toward the door that I forgot to lock. However, much to my surprise, the door swings open, and my heart is almost on the floor when Liam walks inside my room without any prior notice.

What is he doing here? My head seems to have a number of questions.

"I'm not sure if I should commend you for not locking your door or not, Ms. Jones," Liam tells me in a hoarse voice. I'm too distraught to even think straight as I watch him drawing himself in, his eyes dark and unrestrained.

"You?" I croak. We're standing one or two steps apart and my legs are numb to make a slight move.

Liam seems quite poised for someone who's just invaded his neighbor's bedroom, unannounced. He scans my room briefly, studying its details, and then he returns his gaze back to me. Boy, it suddenly feels like the storm in the sea—nothing to predict.

Good Lord!

"I couldn't knock since it was already open," Liam says.

Oh, wow!

"And you just had to barge in?" I hurry up to make sure the door is indeed locked now.

"I felt the urge to be here, with you, and that's why I'm here," Liam replies and he suddenly seems perplexed. "I think I'm out of my mind, Ms. Jones." He strides closer to where I'm standing, and my mind goes ablaze.

"Why?" I quiz, beholding his restless gaze that seems a bit unsure, and his lips harden as if he's battling with something heavy inside. My heartbeat accelerates. "Mr. Darcy, you shouldn't—"

"I can't help it!" He grabs my waist briskly and pushes me toward the wall.

God!

"What are you doing?" I pant, trapped in a riptide of strong desire when he restraints my arms to my sides.

"Something I've been dying to do." Liam's confidence puts me in awe, his eyes on my face.

He doesn't do a thing, however, he just stares at me while breathing soundly, beguiling me. My insides churn at the sight of him, undressing him with my eyes. My perverted mind.

He slowly reaches for my face, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. I tense, shutting my eyes while leaning onto his touch.

"I miss your lips," he breathes, grazing his own lips on mine.

I suck in a sharp breath, relishing the feeling of it. Gently I let him in, and again I kiss this man slowly without haste. My body thrills responsively, and Liam grabs me tightly, freeing my hands in the process. Holy Fuck! I'm so intoxicated by this man, and he knows I do.

We halt for a second, staring each other in the eyes with insatiable desire. Even without talking, we both understand our mutual need. He wants me and I want him as much; he easily ignites the fire in me and I can tell I've got the same effect on him.

"You drive me crazy," he mumbles, more to himself as his eyes fix mine intensely.

"Do I?" I hardly utter.

The devil in me is currently wearing her red prada, ready to party the whole night long.

Slowly, Liam reaches for the switch that's just an inch above me, and flicks it off, leaving us with just the bedside lamp. He trails his thumb on my lips, arousing me softly, and I rasp at the intensity of his ogling gaze.

"What're you waiting for?" I shoot, and his cynic smile urges me to attack his mouth again.

He grunts, reaching the insides of my top, roughly, caressing my back, squeezing my behind. Holy Shit! My fingers dig into his hair, and our lips keep mingling coherently. I arch my back to steady my stance, and he deepens the kiss.

Oh boy! This is bliss.

I'm slightly nervous about this, but my fear is far from surpassing my desire. I'm seriously craving for a piece of him. No, all of him, and it's an intense urge I've never felt before. Only Liam Darcy can do this to me, I easily conclude.

"Tell me, Ms. Jones, why are you always trying to provoke me?" he asks, groaning, kissing and sucking my neck, seducing me with his demanding mouth.

"I'm not provoking you, Mr. Darcy," I hardly reply as I'm drenched with the mere sound of his sexy voice.

He's the beginning of my end.

Breathing out of order, I quickly tug Liam's T-shirt over his head and throw it away. He looks impressed, but he says no word. My eyes rest on his bare upper body, and that subconscious of mine goes on hiding.

"You're looking for trouble," Liam utters, smiling devilishly, and my fingers trail the toned abs of his tight stomach. He flexes, but he stays put anyway, letting my suddenly incorrigible hand follow my whim.

"I'm already in trouble. You're delicious." I smile back, which unleashes my beast that drags the beauty in me into the depth of insanity. I think I've already lost my mind and reasoning.

"And so are you," Liam breathes kissing my neck swiftly, the touch of his lips both soft and vehement. "Oh God!" He effortlessly lifts me in his arms and drags me on the bed.

"Ah!" I moan, startled.

Lying down, filled with anticipation, Liam crawls into bed, coming on top of me, his arms to my sides. He watches my chest rising and fall, panting audibly, begging him to touch me and do whatever he wants.

He leans over and starts kissing my neck, squeezing my breasts that respond instantly to his touch. My nipples stand erect, and I feel his finger gliding over them. Oh shit! I take his face and lock my lips with his, hungrily.

But he suddenly pulls out when I'm about to get lost.

"What?" I'm not sure what's going on, but the magic is over and he's no longer charmed.

I'm as pissed as the void blanketing my demanding body. Liam sits on the bed, panting softly, his eyes directed towards me with . . . regret? I scowl.

Does he find me unattractive? I ponder, and deep down I hear the voice saying, 'Yes, Kira, you're just an amateur' My heart shrinks.

"Why did you stop?" I breathe, dismayed. Liam holds his tongue, staring undecided at me, bemused even. "Never mind." I drop off the bed, ready to storm out.

In the kitchen, outside . . . Anywhere but here.

"Don't go." Liam hugs me from behind, and I close my eyes at this feeling of rejection. Is it? "I know what you're feeling, and trust me, I feel it twice as much," he says calmly.

"Then why are you doing this?" I lament stupidly, his nose nuzzling my hair. He doesn't leave my back; he hugs me tighter. "Why?" I repeat.

"Because I don't want you to regret it when you wake up later," Liam replies with no reluctance. "I can tell how your mind works, and regret is usually your punishment," he insists, and I swerve my body to look at him.

"What do you mean?" I breathe, confused at this allegation.

Liam's hands drop about my waist as he sighs. "You're not even sure of yourself, are you?" he questions, and I gulp. "Do you really want me to fuck you right now behind your friend's back?" His gaze is intense.

He's right, I guess. Oh, Sam!

"So then—" I stammer, not knowing what to quip. I mean, so it's the end of it? I shift my gaze away from Liam, mindfully, but he pulls my face back with the palms of his hands.

"I want to make love to you," he says tenderly, "when you're absolutely sure about it. I don't want this to be only physical." His eyes are the most sincere ones I've ever seen in a man.

My heart skips a beat, my emotions shooting randomly out of range, and grand felicity pools in my heart, even though my face refuses to fully cooperate.

"Is that the only reason or you're just not attracted to me?" I utter, provoking him somehow.

Smiling softly, Liam says, "I'd be gay if I'm not attracted to you, Ms. Jones. Would you like to prove it?"

"How?" I ask, and the next thing I feel is my hand touching his hard erection which makes me giggle stupidly. "Will you be fine?" I press my lips into a thin line, amused.

Liam sighs. "I won't die. But we can fix this if we come clean and tell everyone, especially your friend—"

"I can't do that," I say briskly. "I can't tell Sam that I'm involved with you as if it's something so simple." I panic at the thought.

Why am I so scared of the outcome? Why do I feel like when that time comes I'll have to choose between the two? I seriously sink into dismay.

"Time to sleep," Liam snaps, interrupting my thoughts.

"Eh?"

"It's almost four in the morning, so back to bed, Ms. Jones, and right now," he orders.

"Are you serious?" My disquietude dies quite easily, and in a whiff my smile reappears.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Liam prompts, and still I can't stop smiling. "Unless you want us to fly away from here." A salacious smile crosses his lips as he hauls me closer, more intimately.

"Right now?" My eyes widen like a fool, for I can't tell if he's serious or not.

"I can take you wherever, Ms. Jones." Liam's voice comes out exciting as he says this. My heart melts. "Do you want us to disappear right now?" His grip tightens around me, his breath erratic in my ear.

"Yes," I blurt my thoughts out. What? Are you crazy? My subconscious snarls. "I mean, no! Are you crazy?" I quickly retract.

Liam bursts out laughing, entertained by indecisiveness. "You're so cute," he mutters, pulling back so that he clearly sees me in the eyes.

No, I'm out of my mind.

"Okay, I'll go back to bed," I tell him with utter reluctance.

He nods. "Good."

"Crazy you." I hop back in bed with my grand disappointment, but I lighten up fast when I see Liam doing the same.

Oh, we're sleeping together?

"Yes, Ms. Jones, I'm sleeping with you," Liam murmurs.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

6.1K 104 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
206K 2.8K 8
The best decision I ever made was when I moved to paradise nine years ago. I've met and entertained many beautiful women while living here in Hawaii...
388K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
2.5K 188 21
"She's changing back to normal. Alright, take her away and don't forget to chain her up and cover her mouth." OH MY GOSH, I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!! He sa...