Save Me, Stranger | A Dialogu...

By II_BLACKOUT_II

[A Spin off of Audrey's Secret] [Stand Alone] [Trigger Warning] When a suicidal girl decides to make one last... More

[1] - Then Save Me, Stranger.
[2] - War Stories
[3] - Satanic Dorm Room
[4] - Guess Not...
[5] - Dont Go, Please...
[6] - What Does It Mean To Be Alone?
[7] - Unresponsive
[8] - Safeway Deli
[9] - I'll Haunt Your Ass
[10] - I Can't Do This Anymore...
[11] - No One Is A Good Person
[12] - She's...Different
[13] - Distractions
[14] - We Need To Talk...
[15] - Our Faults
[16] - Someone Like Me
[17] - No Matter What
[18] - Thats Just It, Stranger...
[19] - Would I Be Worth It?
[20] - Too Far Gone
[21] News Report
[22] - I'm To Blame
[23] - Voicemail
[24] - One Week
[25] - Imperfections
[26] - Worth Keeping Around
[27] - Second Chances
[28] - The Person He Was...
[29] - Horizon Medical
[30] - Whatever It Takes...
[31] - Lets Meet Up
[32] - The Letter: A Damsel In Distress
[33] - Where Do You Go To Clear Your Head?
[34] - She Was Lost Too
[35] - Two Broken Pieces Of Different Puzzles
[36] - Complimentary Truffles
[37] - Delivered
[38] -Saving Alex
[39] - Finally, I Can Be Free
[40] - The Will Of A Thousand Warriors
[41] - You Saved Me
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
THE END (must read)
GUESS WHAT

Bonus Chapter (3)

5.1K 230 34
By II_BLACKOUT_II

oliver | alex

*

"You still haven't told me where we're going."

Her blue Prius cruises along the smooth, winding back roads as they head out of town.

"For the hundredth time, it's a surprise."

"But you only do surprises when it's a special event. What's happening today?"

"I don't know."

"Bull."

"You tell me."

"You released your first article today?"

"No, that's not happening until next week. I'm still working on it."

"Ok well..."

"..."

"Oh you got a raise?"

"Nope."

"It's not your birthday, that's next week too."

"I don't have anything going on..."

"..."

"I have no idea."

"There's no way you can guess. I was just pulling your leg."

"I hate to break it to ya Alex but, no one says that anymore."

"Oh yeah? Well I'm gonna make it cool again."

Oliver chuckles, peering out the window as a bunch of greens and browns begin blurring together. He zones out, subconsciously thinking about Alex, how happy she's made him, and how stupid he's been for not asking her out yet.

"So, I'm curious..."

"Go onnnn..."

"How was work this week?"

"Wow, and here I thought it was going to be some juicy question."

"It was good. I actually really like it. I'm able to take photos and publish articles to go with them. 'Crime scene photographer and article writer extraordinaire'! I've been working on one that's gonna be great. The content though, for pictures, has been limited because they're in-the-moment kind of things."

"Can I know what it's about?"

"Nope. Gotta wait like everyone else."

"Oh come on. Don't I get special treatment?"

"For what? Scaring me awake saying there was a spider on my face and having Cam dump a bucket of water on my head? Reallllll mature, Merritt."

"Oh ooookkkk Ms. Adler. What about that time you and Cooper flipped my mattress while I was on it?!"

"You have to admit. That was kinda funny."

"It was not! I had a dream I was falling then bam, my head actually hits the floor. I had a bruise there for weeks."

"Yeah...I kinda felt bad about that."

"You took me out to dinner that day so it was worth the 'third eye' comments."

Before he can say anything else, the car stops. They've come to a clearing surrounded by trees on the edge of a cliff that over looks the entirety of Eastmoor.

Oliver gapes at the sight before him and steps outside. There by the edge is a blanket laid flat across the ground with a brown basket in the middle and candles on either side.

He knows exactly where they are.

"Alex..."

"I thought this place could use a little happiness for how beautiful the view is. Today, as long as everything goes to plan, a lot of things will change."

She takes his hands. Her touch feels soft against Oliver's skin like the silk bed sheets he replaced a month ago for something heavier, seen as summer days there in August only reach up to eighty but a low of thirty six at night.

The sky, a brilliant canvas with oranges and pinks decorating the horizon in a picturesque moment both are lucky to share on a night such as tonight.

"All of your favorites. Italian herb and cheese deli sandwiches, homemade double chocolate brownies—a little goey just how you like it, strawberry Fanta soda, an assortment of yellow flower—"

"Alex."

"What?"

"What is this? I-I mean I love it, I really do but..why are we here?"

"I was getting to that."

Her heart starts to palpitate harder with each second that passes by and Oliver is sure he can feel it. This makes him nervous.

"S-So um..."

She takes a step closer, still holding his hands.

"Everything in that letter was true. You are my best friend, my light, my getaway from stress and anxiety. You've been my hope and all things good so far. I—"

"...I don't want that to change."

"It's not going to—"

"But there is something I want...that I want to change."

"..."

"I..."

He lifts her chin, connecting their gaze. She's looked into his eyes so many times before, but standing in front of this sunset, each speck of gold shines much brighter than before.

Alex is unable to hide it any longer.

"I'm in love with you."

"I have been for awhile."

"We had this connection over the phone but seeing you in person was completely different. I saw your eyes and...I-I knew, as cheesy as that sounds. The moment you took me off the edge, you were like this...this ray of warmth and-and hope. It felt so good to be cared for like the way you cared for me."

"I am afraid though, that by saying all this, it's gonna make you run away from me. But I'm ok with rejection as long as you agree we can still be friends. Now that you're in my life I can't imagine being without you. If you do, by any slight chance, like me, then that would be cool too."

"S-So I guess what I'm trying to say is...will you go out with me, Ollie?"

There's a pause between words, allowing Alex's heart to drop. Regret begins coursing through her veins but the smile on his face makes for confusion.

"Say something."

Oliver's hands leave hers and travel up to either side of her face.

"Y-Yes. Of course I'll go out with you."

"Can I uh..can I kiss you?"

"I'd like that."

A foot becomes six inches, and six inches turns into one as they lean towards each other. Alex closes her eyes as their lips connect for a kiss so soft and delicate, with the worlds meaning behind it.

Two halves of a whole,

two pieces of a puzzle.

Together at last...

*

(((MUST READ ALL OF THIS>>)))

Guess what?

I've decided

that this

is going

to be

the last

bonus chapter.

Don't be mad.

But this seemed to be the perfect ending out of a couple I was thinking about.

It does leave some questions unanswered.

Does Alex ever go back to her family (with or without Oliver) to finally get in contact with them/to reattach their bond?

What's her article about?

But, I left that for your own imaginative, creative minds.

Now, after writing one more chapter about why I wrote this yada yada yada, I'm going to decide, with your help, which dialogue story to put out.

Put a comment (or comment regularly) by one of the two numbers below

1.

2.

You have about a week to decide (comment) on one of two of the numbers above and whichever one has the highest comments, I'll post that dialogue book according to the ones I've designated to those numbers.

But if not enough votes come in, I'll pick one myself.

That's about it.

Don't forget to:

Vote
Comment
Follow me
Add book to your reading list
And share this with your friends

Thank you guys so much for sticking around.

Until next time

❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 180K 172
❝In which a celebrity dials a random number in hope of finding one last thing to make him smile before he commits suicide at the end of the month.❞ "...
45.4K 2.2K 50
[ partly dialogue ] [ stand alone ] // previously known as "Hey Neighbor | A Dialogue Story\\ When a mute foster kid moves in next door to a deeply i...
34.9K 3.5K 39
≫Can you please stop texting me. I don't know who you are.≪ ≫You have my number and you know my name. There is nothing more to know about me darling...
649 86 47
Completed. Rewritten story telling of my book, Mr. Pick-Me-Upper. "Keep your head up Princess, your tiara is falling." "Did you really try to com...