Street Love (An Interracial L...

By writingutensils

Street Love is the relationship between Evette Johnson (an African American teen) and Antonio Cortez (who is... More

Street Love (An Interracial Love Story)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
And that's a wrap!!
Shameless Advertising

Chapter 21

13K 629 589
By writingutensils

Evie's POV

"I really don't know what you see in him."

Keisha and I are sitting in the cafeteria for lunch. The November weather is starting to kick in and since everyone is hiding from the cold, the noise level in here is ridiculous.

"You just gotta get to know him." I scoop up another bite of the school enchiladas. They're not bad but I have a craving for Tony's cooking. He's such a good cook and his Mexican food makes this taste like crap.

"Oh, I know him well enough."

I roll my eyes. "Why don't you come with me and Tony after school? We're going to get some hot chocolate at that little place down the street."

"Hot chocolate place? Are you serious?"

"Yeah," I respond. "Tony likes finding little hole in the wall places like that. It'll be fun and you can get to know him some more."

"You payin?"

I roll my eyes. So much attitude with this girl. "Sure."

"Sounds good." She picks up her sandwich and keeps eating.

"This place ain't half bad," Keisha says while looking around at the walls. One wall is painted with the chocolate making process and the others have pictures of people who gave visited the cafe throughout the years. It feels so homey.

"Where's Tony?" Keisha asks when we get in line to order our drinks.

"I dunno." I fish around my bag and finally pull out my wallet.

Keisha orders the drink of the day, a white hot chocolate with a caramel laced whipped cream. And I get a classic hot chocolate.

"Your total will be $5.33," a kid behind the counter says. He looks really familiar. I think he goes to my school.

"Mkay," I murmur, opening up my wallet. I take out a five and lay it on the counter. "And 33 cents you said?"

This kid nods and I look for coins.

"I got it negrita." I turn around to see Tony walking up to me.

"Hey." I smile and kiss him chastely on the cheek he smiles then freezes when he sees Keisha.

The tension between the two of them is ridiculous.

I finally clear my throat. "Tony, this is Keisha. Keisha, Tony."

Tony smirks a little at Keisha and she glares back.

"Are you guys ready or not?" the kid behind the counter asks.

"Oh yeah." Tony snaps back to reality. "Can I get your toffee hot chocolate?"

"$7.46 for all three." This cashier is so annoyed with us.

Tony takes my five off the counter, hands it back to me then produces a crisp 10 dollar bill.

"Keep the change." He smiles at the kid and for the first time, the kid smiles.

We find a table near the back and wait for our drinks. Tony and I sit next to each other and Keisha sits across from me.

Tony pulls out his phone and texts furiously then puts it away and turns to smile at me.

"So." He smirks.

"So. Do you guys already know each other?" I motion towards him and Keisha.

"Kinda. Partied with the same people before." Tony smirks at Keisha and she glares at him.

"Kinda my ass." She mutters underneath her breath.

"Order for guest number 36!" The barista calls out our number and Tony jumps up to get our drinks.

"What is with you?!" I hiss at Keisha.

"I just don't like fake people." She shrugs back at me.

"Who's fake?" Tony is back with out drinks and after returning the tray, repeats his question. "Who's fake Keisha?"

"You." Keisha narrows her eyes at Tony. "Don't act. You may have Evie fooled but I ain't falling for your little nice guy act."

"Keisha!" I look back and forth from Tony to Keisha and then back again.

"Anyone wanna tell me what's going on here? Cause I'm kinda upset and kinda confused right now."

Keisha leans back in her chair and crosses her arms. "Why don't you let ya lil boy toy tell ya?"

"Tony?" I look at him and all of a sudden he's overly interested in his hot chocolate.

"Um. So Keisha and I kinda hooked up a few times last year."

What.

"What do you mean, hooked up?"

"You know," Tony shifts in his seat. "Are you really gonna make me say it?"

"I'll say it then." Keisha leans forward. "Your lil boyfriend and I had sex. And it was more than once. Then he just left me."

"Oh come on Keisha. We weren't even together. We were always drunk. I barely even knew what was going on."

What.

"Uhh..."

Now it's Keisha's turn to smirk. "I guess Tony left that part out of all his 'history' huh? You ain't gonna tell her how you told me you loved me? Or how I had a pregnancy scare. Or all the time I spent with Emily."

Keisha slams her hands on the table and continues.

"Maybe you wanna tell her how we lost our virginity to each other? Or the time I we hooked up when we were both higher than a kite. I don't know where you get off acting high n mighty around me. But I sure as hell know you ain't one to talk."

She gets up and grabs her hot chocolate. "I don't even know why I came. I'll see you later Evie." She glares at Tony one last time then storms out of the cafe.

My head is spinning. Tony and Keisha? I mean, I know Tony's hooked up with a few girls around school. But with Keisha? And they lost their virginity to each other?

What. The. Hell.

"Evie." Tony says softly. "Please say something."

"All I'm thinking is why. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was freshmen year. I didn't even know who you were."

"We've been together for almost three months now, Tony. And even though it was in the past, you know that Keisha is my best friend now. You should have said something."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think it was that important."

"Did you love her?" I finally ask.

"Nah Evie. She was just a phase. I was 14. All my friends were having sex and I wanted to too. We got kinda close but we both knew it was temporary."

"Does that mean we're only temporary?"

"Evie no." He pulls me into him and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"It sounds horrible but I've probably been with over a dozen girls in the last 3 years. I've never felt anything for them. Not like what I feel for you. I love you for who you are.

"You're probably the smartest girl in this city. And you're beautiful. And seeing you with my sister makes my heart melt. Everything about you makes me fall even more in love with you."

"Oh Tony." I cuddle closer to him and close my eyes. "I love you so much. Can we just promise that we won't keep anymore secrets? No matter how big or small."

Tony nods a little. "Yeah. Whatever you want Evie."

I nod again then sit up and take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"Can I ask you a serious question?"

Tony looks skeptical. "Yeah. Anything mamas."

"Does the fact that we haven't had sex yet ever cross your mind?"

"Honestly?" Tony looks at me and I nod.

"Yeah," he finally says. "All the time actually. But it doesn't bother me. I respect you enough to wait til your ready."

"So you do wanna have sex with me?" I look up at Tony.

"Well of course." He squeezes me. "But I'm willing to wait." He pauses. "What about you?"

"Uh." I shift in my seat. "I dunno. I never really had any reason to think about sex. I'm... I'm still a virgin," I add quietly.

Tony laughs. "I know mamas. I respect that about you." He plays with my hair. "I wanna make love to you and show you how much I love you." His lips are touching my ear. "But only when you're ready."

"Okay," I whisper shyly. I actually have butterflies in my stomach.

We finish our hot chocolate and Tony walks me home.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come in? I'm sure my mom and Donovan would love to see you, even if it's just for a few minutes."

"Nah mamas." Tony takes my face in his hands and leans down so our foreheads are touching. "I got some work I gotta do. But I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I kiss him and smile. Tony laughs then kisses me again.

We're laughing and kissing for a few minutes when the front door behind me opens. I turn away from Tony to see Donny standing in the door holding a blanket. He looks like he's been crying but as soon as he sees Tony, his eyes light up.

"Hey little man," Tony says softly. I move to the side and Tony picks up Donny. Once Donny is in his arms, Tony starts to rock back and forth a little and Donny rests his head on Tony's shoulder. "Why you upset?"

"My mom left for work and I've been home alone for a long time." Donny wipes his eyes.

"Oh Donny." I rub his back. "I'm so sorry. If I would have known mom was gonna leave so early, I would have been home earlier. I'm so sorry."

Donny sniffles again and puts his face in Tony's neck. "It's okay," he mumbles.

"Do you want me to tuck you in to bed?" Tony asks Donny.

"Yes please."

I let the boys go ahead of me then pull the front door closed.

When I walk into the living room, it is a complete mess.

The pullout couch is out and the sheets are everywhere. There are clothes all over the place. A few of my mom's lacy bras are even hanging off the coffee table.

"Er." I look at Tony and I feel super embarrassed. "Sorry for the mess. Do you mind just tucking Donny in?"

"No problem Ev."

I watch Tony walk down the hall then walk around the living room some more. There's a pile of dirty laundry sitting near the kitchen. I kick it over in frustration and find a used condom.

What in the world?

My mom has been single since Donny was born. Not that I have a problem with her dating but I would at least like to know the guy.

I pick up the condom with a paper towel and throw it in the garbage. I definitely don't need Donny playing his usual game of 20 questions.

The fact that my mom left Donny is still bothering me. How do you leave a seven year old boy home alone? She knows I have a cell phone too. She could have used the neighbor's phone to call me. And then she leaves the house looking like a train wreck.

I'll never understand that woman.

When I finally walk into the room I share with Donny, him and Tony are cracking jokes on my bed.

"What do you call a fake noodle?" Donny asks Tony with a huge smile on his face.

"What?"

"An impasta!" Donny laughs and Tony laughs too.

"You're real funny little man."

Donny rolls around in bed then starts to close his eyes.

"Hey," I whisper to Tony.

"Hey." He kisses Donny on the cheek then walks to me in the doorway. "I should probably get going."

"Okay. Thanks for the help."

"Of course." Tony kisses me then heads out the door.

I skip my shower and slip on my pijamas then crawl into bed with Donny.

He leans into me and within a few minutes, we're both fast asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 10.5K 41
***Interracial Romance*** ***Sexual Content*** Maxx, a middle class good girl who never dares step into trouble and Daniel, a rich bad boy that has...
558K 9.8K 33
The ultimate test to fight for something worth fighting for... The perfect son meets imperfect girl. The life of Eighteen year old highschool quart...
3.7K 120 15
Two teenagers with a interesting love story fr🤷🏽‍♀️ + a baby later on
574K 18.3K 38
Clark Gonzales; white, jock, all-around nice guy, 17, dating the school pretty-girl, straight-A student. Brenda Palmer; African-American, 17, sassy b...