Magnets

By authorvioletbloom

Mature Content 18+ "Fuck, Connor," Kate moaned as he held her wrists above her head in one big hand. His othe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

8.3K 157 40
By authorvioletbloom

Kate woke up the morning after her second wedding anniversary to a handwritten note from Bryce:

 love you, have fun on your birthday tomorrow. I'm so sorry I can't be there to celebrate with you. I'll be home as soon as I can.

This was the fifth birthday she had celebrated since they had been a couple. This was also the first one that Bryce would miss. He had to be in Atlanta on business for an overnight trip. He would be back tomorrow, her actual birthday, but most likely extremely late, or rather very early the morning after her birthday. They had discussed her going with him, but because he was in the very last phases of closing a deal on an old Atlanta property he would be in meetings with lawyers all day and said he'd rather she stay home and celebrate with the girls than alone, waiting on him. Kate loved him for that. He always put her first, wanted the best for her and loved her unconditionally.

She hopped out of bed and quickly changed into cropped workout pants and an old baggy t-shirt. Working out was the thing she loathed most, which is why she did it first thing in the morning four days a week, and why she didn't give a single crap about how she looked whilst doing it. Walking into the kitchen she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before heading to the garage which Bryce had converted into a workout room. She checked the schedule from her trainer and quickly set up the circuit he had written out for her. After fifteen minutes on the bike to warm there was a total body HIIT circuit and she hated every minute of it. Why couldn't she be one of those women who loved working out? It just wasn't meant to be, but she had spent years battling her body and refused to hate it anymore. She wasn't plus size, but she also wasn't thin and that was fine. The only reason she worked out was so she could eat dessert. Balance is what she told herself. Plus, Bryce loved her curves. Always had. And although she didn't need his approval, she loved how he loved every inch of her.

After her workout she made a western omelette and French press coffee. After showering quickly she threw on leggings and a big baggy sweater. It was almost October and the weather had changed. Fall was moving in and summer was moving out. She didn't mind. As cliche as it was, fall was her favorite season.

In her home office she checked first her private email. There were a few emails from her favourite shops wishing her a happy birthday in the form a coupon code; saving the ones from Sephora, Anthropology and the local bookstore, she deleted the rest and opened her work email. Nothing overly interesting. Replying to a few requests for meetings first, she then moved on to editing. In her almost four years at America Daily Kate had quickly moved up the ranks, proving herself as a brilliant editor. She was now Senior Editor of the Reviews department. She edited writers pieces on new books movies and the occasional up and coming young star. She liked the ones about people and movies, but books had always had her heart. She felt it necessary to read every book she received a review on. Thankfully she was a quick reader.

The review in front of her was a review for After, the last book in yet another YA, post apocalyptic, trilogy. Surprisingly, she had actually really enjoyed the first two books Before, and During. So far After was her least favorite. She could finish it today and have the edited review back to her writer before 5pm, putting it on time to be in tomorrow's edition.

Going to the kitchen to grab another cup of coffee she sat down and opened her book. Honestly, the kindle app on her iPhone would be much more suitable than purchasing every book she needed to read a review on, but she couldn't help it. She loved books, their smell when they were new or old, the feel of them in her hands. Her phone chirped as she took a sip of coffee. A text message from Bryce"

Hi, beautiful. Landed safely in Atlanta. I booked you a birthday massage tomorrow morning. Alex will be at the house tomorrow morning at 11:00 to take care of you. I love you.

Smiling stupidly at her phone she couldn't help but grin. Her husband did know how to show her he cared. She quickly typed out a reply:

Thanks, babe. Good luck in your meetings. Xoxo.

Kate got so absorbed in her reading that before she knew it it was 4pm and she was starving. Walking to the fridge she went to see what she could dig up for dinner. Not finding anything suitable, she ordered Chinese food. While she waited she edited the book review and sent it back to the writer; with a few changes, it was approved for publishing.

Grabbing her phone she noticed a text message from Bryce from earlier in the day:

Grabbing lunch, have a few minutes to chat? 

The message was from 1pm. His lunch break was obviously over so she sent him a message

 Sorry I missed your text, was busy reading. Let me make it up to you. I'll tell you about how I'm going to miss you tonight while I play with myself thinking about how you fucked me on our front porch yesterday.

His reply was almost instant:

 Hold that thought. I'll call you before bed, only because I don't think Andrew would appreciate me getting a hard on in the most important meeting of the day. But we both know it's too late for that. Now I can't stop thinking about the next time I'll get to fuck you in public...maybe on my birthday. 

She blushed. He always made her blush. No, Andrew, his lawyer would not be happy if she kept sexting him in his meetings. He always liked to tease her about her filthy ways, even if she was shy about them and if it was him who brought out that side of her; she had never been so sexually free with her exes. She knew what he was implying. He wanted to fuck her in public, on his birthday. And she was going to let him.

Her dirty thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Grabbing her wallet she pulled out some cash to pay and tip Jimmy, the delivery driver. "Thanks," she said taking the food to the living room, sitting on the couch and turning on the TV. She got lost in a silly romcom, not her favourite genre, but it would do. Kate didn't believe in love at first sight. Lust at first sight, absolutely, but not love. Love was deeper. It was a choice. Not the falling in love part, that was out of her control, but staying in love, and staying in a committed relationship long term, that's what made someone the love of your life. It was a choice and that took work. They never showed that part in the romcoms. She didn't know if Bryce was her soulmate. She wasn't even sure she believed in soulmates, but what she did know what that she would continue to choose Bryce, everyday, for the rest of her life.

As the credits rolled she stood up and put her leftover Chinese in the fridge. Her phone rang and she saw Bryce's smiling face on the screen. She smiled back at her phone as she picked up, "Bryce's personal phone-sex line, how may I be of service tonight?" 

Bryce laughed on the other end, "Sorry, I was trying to reach my wife, I must have hit the wrong speed dial button."

"Oh, that's fine," Kate said in her best singsong southern accent, "I'm expecting a call from my husband too. You call back when you need something your wife can't give you."

"Now see, that's the thing about my wife, there isn't anything she can't give me"

"And that's why I love you," Kate said in her normal voice. "How did your meetings go?"

"Fantastic. We closed the deal. Tomorrow we need to finalise the paperwork, but the price is even better than I had hoped, and once the renovations are complete we should yield our biggest win, ever."

"That's great!" She exclaimed.

"It is. Now on to more important matters, what are you wearing?"

Kate looked down at her baggy sweater and leggings and answered, "that teddy you like, the blue one with the matching lace boy shorts."

"Liar," he quipped back at her, "but I'll play along. My cock has been half hard for you since I got your text six hours ago."

"You poor man," she cooed cleaning up the rest of the kitchen and making sure the front door was locked before she went upstairs to their bedroom. Bryce and Kate were quite good at this. Mostly Kate travelled with Bryce, but nearly once a month he still had to go somewhere without her because she had her own work meetings. Phone sex kept them connected. He was never gone for very long, but she'd be lying if she wasn't thankful for when he was. She loved the way his voice sounded in her ear. Telling her how to touch herself for him, when he was thousands of miles away. It kept things interesting and fresh. She stripped naked and climbed into the kingsize bed, taking her vibrator out of the bedside drawer. "What do you want me to do about the poor half hard cock of yours."

"Well, it's not half hard anymore. And I'd like you to tell me about how you're going to play with yourself thinking about me."

"Was I going to play with myself?" She asked in her most virtuous voice.

"Oh you were, and you were going to tell me every dirty detail. About how I bent you over the railing and fucked you on our porch. How wet you were thinking that somebody might see."

"Oh, that boring old story? I thought you wanted to hear a different one," Kate said seductively into the phone. She was already wet for him. "I've got plenty to chose from. There's the time I fucked my college professor Dr. Davidson to improve my grade on the final, or the time I let Detective Davidson fuck me in the back of his unmarked police car to forget about that fender bender, or the time I let my boss Mr. Davidson take me on the couch in his office." It was all a game. In every scenario he was Davidson. They never role-played when they were together. She wasn't sure why, but regularly phone-sex was a role playing event.

"I'm pretty sure Mr. Davidson, your college professor, wouldn't be thrilled about you telling the story of him being seduced by a co-ed." He almost always chose the scenario. She loved when he took control. Even when he wasn't here he was in control, commanding her body, coaxing orgasms out of her with just his words.

"I'm nervous walking towards his office. I put on my shortest skirt, highest heels and have my blouse open an extra button. Knocking on his door."

"Come in,"

"Um, Doctor Davidson, hi."

"Hello Miss Brouwer, what can I do for you?" He also used her maiden name in these scenarios. They weren't supposed to be married when they role-played.

"I wanted to talk to you about my score on the final exam."

"Ah, yes, not your best work."

"No, sir, it wasn't, and that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Is there anything I could maybe do to increase my grade? Extra credit? Or.."

"Or what?"

"I'm sitting across from your desk. My legs part just enough to show you that I'm not wearing any panties under my incredibly short skirt. 'Well sir, anything really. I can't afford less than a B in this class.'"

"I stand, walking around the desk and lean against it, directly in front of you. You can see that my cock is hard for you. 'Maybe you should have studied harder than, Miss Brouwer.'"

"You see sir, I tried, I really did. It's just..."

"Just what, Miss Brouwer."

"I lean forward giving you a glimpse down my shirt, knowing exactly what I'm doing. 'Sir, I just can't focus in your class. You're too distracting.'"

"I unfold my arms and move closer to you. Putting my hands on either side of the chair you're sitting in. 'Distracting how? And be very specific Miss Brouwer.'"

"Doctor Davidson, you're the sexiest professor I've ever had."

"You cannot use sex to get a better grade."

"'Okay, I understand.' I try and stand to edge around you."

"I grab your wrists and say 'but that doesn't mean I don't want to fuck you'"

"Then what's stopping you?"

"'Nothing' I walk over to the door and make sure it's locked. 'On your knees Miss Brouwer'"

"Yes sir."

"I walk over to you, dropping my pants."

"I take your cock in my mouth, it's already hard for me."

Bryce couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed the lotion from the bedside table, slathered some in his hand and began to jerk himself off. He moaned into the phone. Kate turned on her vibrator and moved it around her clit. She moaned back into the phone.

"'Doctor Davidson, your cock is huge.' I keep sucking. Fondling your balls, jacking your shaft with my other hand, taking you as deep as I can"

"Fuck that's good. Are you wet for me, gorgeous?"

"So wet, sir."

"Stand up and sit on the desk."

"I do as I'm told, sitting on the desk, spreading my legs for you. 'Is this how you want me, sir?'"

"I kneel before you, kissing my way up your thigh, back down the other leg." Kate moaned into the phone again. She could see the images in her head. See him bent down before her. The moment right before he puts his mouth on her most intimate flesh. "'God, you're wet."' I put my mouth on your clit, sliding two fingers inside you."

"Yes, oh God, yes," Kate pushed the vibrator inside her at his words.

"You're going to come for me Miss Brouwer."

"Yes, yes I am. I'm so close. Please don't stop." And he didn't.

"I don't stop. I lick you from your slit back to your clit. Sucking gently as I continue to finger you. You're so wet for me. 'What do you want me to do to you?'"

"Everything. Just don't stop."

"Come on my tongue gorgeous." Kate came loudly, and moaned into the phone. This is why she loved phone sex. She could feel herself coming for Bryce, on his tongue, even though he wasn't with her.

"Yes, yes, oh yes."

"I'm going to fuck you now. Stand up and bend over the desk.

"I bend over the desk, lifting my skirt for you and turning so I can watch you as you enter me."

"Fuck that's good baby. 'Oh god, you're so tight.'"

"Fuck me Doctor Davidson."

"I do. I fuck you. Hard and deep. You need to brace yourself against the desk as I ram into you. 'God babe, I'm so close. Come with me.'"

"'I'm almost there baby.' I push my ass back at you, moaning your name as I squeeze my muscles on your cock."

"God Kate, yes." Kate recognises the sounds of his orgasm as he moans into the phone and it sends her over the edge. She moans her second orgasm into the phone.

Bryce cleans up with a tissue as Kate removes the vibrator, wipes it off with one of those intimate wipes she got at a sex party and then cleans herself. "So Doctor Davidson, what's happening to my grade?"

"A plus, definitely," Bryce laughs into the phone. "It's late, get some sleep. You don't want to be too tired on your birthday."

"Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you too," Bryce says before ending the call.

Kate wakes on her birthday to the smell of pancakes and bacon filling her home. She throws on her robe and runs down stairs, excited to see Bryce, believing he has come home early to surprise her on her birthday. When she reaches the kitchen she sees Ellen and Stacy and, more importantly, three Bloody Mary's. Ellen makes amazing Bloody Mary's. "You guys," Kate exclaims.

"Happy Birthday, baby" they say in unison. Kate gathers them up for a group hug before sitting on a stool by the breakfast bar.

"You girls are amazing. And the food smells delicious, Stacy." Kate checks her phone and sees a happy birthday text from Bryce. She answers quickly, thanking him and wishing him luck in his meetings.

"So what's the plan for today?" Ellen asks

"Bryce scheduled me a massage at eleven with Alex. He's coming to the house, and I thought we'd go to Fleur after dinner for drinks."

"That sounds great. Why don't we hang out here with you, help you get ready for your birthday evening out after your massage. Then we'll go get mani/pedi's before dinner," suggested Stacy.

"That sounds heavenly. It's still early. We've got two hours before Alex is here. You guys wanna go in the hot tub?"

"Yes, absolutely, but first, food," Stacy says setting a huge pile of pancakes and bacon in front of her.

"Mmm," Kate says taking a bite. Kate eats her breakfast quietly, listening to her friends talk about their latest escapades with some new dating app, she couldn't remember the name of. She was thankful to not be single in today's dating world.

"No, no, I swear his name was Rudolph, like the reindeer," Ellen said laughing. "I couldn't stop laughing at him the entire date. Every time I looked at him I saw his nose getting redder and redder. It was horrible." They laugh and because they've been friends for so long each of them already know what the other two are going to do. Kate cleans the dishes, Ellen makes more Bloody Mary's and Stacy runs up to the bedroom to get swimsuits for all three of them. None of them have the same shape, but are close enough in size that it doesn't really matter, especially when it's just the three of them.

They're sipping drinks in the hot tub when Kate says, "So on our anniversary Bryce and I had the talk. I surprised him by taking out my IUD."

"That's so exciting," Stacy said, throwing her arms around her and nearly spilling her drink into the hot tub.

"So this might be the last time you get to join us in the hot tub for awhile," Ellen said. "I'm so happy for you. You're living the fairytale. Dream man, dream job, dream friends, obviously."

Kate laughed and then sighed. "I'm so happy that it sometimes doesn't feel real. Like any of this could actually be happening."

"It is," said Ellen. "Don't you remember your wedding? You said the exact same thing then. And I told you the same things I'm saying now. This is your life and it's beautiful. Enjoy it."

Kate almost teared up at her friend, holding back from telling them how she almost ruined her wedding and marriage before it even got started. She'd take that secret to her grave; she knew he would too. She did really hit the jackpot with the two of them. They were funny and giving. Crazy too, but in the best way.

"I need to get out, Alex will be here soon."

"That's fine, but were staying," Ellen said, refiling the Bloody Mary's. Why did Kate feel like she was going to end up being the designated driver at her own birthday party?

Kate climbed out of the hot tub and left her two friends behind. She had just finished drying off when the doorbell rang. She answered and welcomed Alex in. She grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge as he setup his table. "Happy Birthday Mrs. Kate," Alex said in his adorable Portuguese accent.

"Thank you, Alex." Kate said climbing on the table. Alex had magic hands and she felt at ease with him, so much so that she woke up 90 minutes later as he was finishing the massage.

"Ah, you're back," he said to her.

"Sorry, did I snore?"

"A gentleman never tells," Alex replied with a laugh. Kate stood up, carefully covering herself in her robe. Alex cleaned up and exited quietly with a quick goodbye.

Kate went back to the patio searching for her friends. To her surprise they weren't in the hot tub or pool. Walking up to the bedroom she heard hysterical laughs and knew she'd found them. Stacy had on the most ridiculous combination of clothes Kate had ever seen. Her shoes were lime green, the dress she had on was white with red polkadots circa the 1960's. Kate had worn it for a halloween party a few years back and secretly loved it and hoped it would come back in style. She had a yellow belt wrapped her waist, and a pink scarf around her neck with ridiculously large sunglasses on. "This is what you're wearing out tonight," declared Stacy.

"Definitely not," Kate said, but she couldn't keep her face straight. Kate walked into the attached bathroom turning on the shower. Ellen connected her phone to the bluetooth speaker and started blasting her "get ready" mix. Stepping into the shower Kate let the warm water wash over her as Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" blasted through the room.

Kate loved her married life, but sometimes she missed this. She heard her friends laughing through the noise of the music and shower. It reminded her of college and the years that followed. The three of them laughing and joking together. Her friends were her only family.

Getting out of the sower Kate quickly dried off, wrapped her hair in a towel and put on a bra and underwear. Walking into the bedroom she headed straight for her closet looking for something to wear. Stacy and Ellen were already dressed, applying makeup. Kate chose a black lace dress with long lace sleeves. It was on the shorter side, which made her legs look longer. Ever the minimalist Kate towel dried her hair, throwing in some moose to give it a hint of wavy curl, some tinted moisturiser and mascara later and she was ready. If only she could say the same about her friends. It was just like college; Kate was always the first one ready, even when she started getting ready last. 

Twenty minutes later Ellen and Stacy were finally ready. Stacy used an app on her phone to order a car service which would take them downtown. Kate couldn't have imagined a better birthday. She laughed and joked with her friends, was pampered with a manicure and a pedicure. The only thing missing was Bryce. He hadn't texted her since this morning. That wasn't weird on the day he was closing a deal, but even though it was normal, she had secretly hoped he'd find a way to make it home in time for her birthday.

After dinner the three women walked the few short blocks to the new hot spot in town, Fleur. Ellen sauntered up to the bouncer and was quickly let inside. She played as if she had talked her way in, but Kate was sure she had called ahead. She wouldn't risk not being able to get in on Kate's birthday. It was already 10 o'clock when they'd arrived. They had enjoyed dinner so much that they spent extra time in the restaurant ordering drinks. Kate was tipsy and she liked it. She wanted to be a mother, soon, and because of that she was going to take full advantage while she could still drink.

They were escorted to the VIP lounge and sat down. They ordered two bottles, whiskey and vodka. Ellen and Stacy were vodka girls, but Kate was a whiskey girl, through and through. "Here's to you, babe," Stacy said raising her glass. Clinking their glasses they took hearty sips of the booze.

Connor watched from the corner of the bar as Kate celebrated her birthday with her friends. He wasn't stalking her, he truly had no idea she'd be here. Kate, a creature of habit, he'd assumed would go to her usual birthday spot, Dime. Unfortunately, he had been wrong. He hated what she did to him. Hated how he wanted her, and how just the sight of her made is dick harden. He was 30 years old, not some stupid teenager who couldn't control himself, except when it came to Kate. Knocking  back the rest of his beer he headed to the dance floor. He should leave, but he couldn't force himself. Instead he found a petite brunette who, from the back, could pass for Kate.

Always the gentleman he offered to buy her a drink. She declined and turned back around, grinding her ass on him, inviting him to dance with her. And he did. Rubbing his hands along her bare legs he touched her lightly, her black shorts riding up as she danced. Hands on her hips, he guided her in the motions he wanted, pushing his pelvis forward, letting her feel his hardness. She reached up and back, wrapping her hand around the back of his neck. He hadn't asked her name, didn't need to. If she wanted to tell him, she would. Connor had a little too much alcohol in his system and was pushing the limits for acceptable touching in public. He was usually more discreet. Rubbing his hands across his dance partner's chest, he felt that she wasn't wearing a bra and that her nipples were taught for him. He pinched lightly and was rewarded with a moan, "take me home."

"After you," Connor said to her and followed her out of the bar.

Kate watched Connor leave with a pretty brunette and tipped back another drink in one big gulp, then texted Bryce, "come home soon so you can give me a birthday fuck."

"Let's dance," Stacy yelled over the music. Kate let her friends drag her on the dance floor. She had enough alcohol in her system to not care that she could absolutely not dance. She had no rhythm.

Kate let her intoxication sweep over her as she swayed to the beat. Laughing and helping her friends fend off either boys who were way too young, or men who were way too old. She drank more than she should, but a girl only turns 26 once and she was certain this was going to be a good year.

When Kate woke up the next morning her head was pounding. Served her right. She had finished more than half a bottle of Scotch by herself. She rolled over, reaching out to Bryce. He was sure to be home by now, and post birthday morning sex, was second only to actual birthday sex. But Bryce's side of the bed was cold. Sitting up, she grabbed her cellphone; it was dead. She quickly connected it to the charger and went to the bathroom. She drank a huge glass of water. It was already 10 in the morning. It was possible Bryce had been home, but had already left for work.

Going back to her phone she checked for messages. Nothing. She called Bryce. His phone went straight to voicemail. Kate's heartbeat quickened. Something was wrong. This was not like Bryce at all.

She walked around the bed to the bedroom door when she saw a note on Bryce's pillow. Relief flooded through her. She was a worrier, always had been. Her relief was short lived. Bryce's note was short and to the point:

I'm sorry. I'm innocent. I love you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538K 10.8K 35
His name was Marshall Valentine. Not only was he married, but he'd been my History teacher since freshman year. He was probably the meanest teacher...
321K 2.4K 5
***MATURE CONTENT*** When shy valedictorian Diana Cooper takes a study break to watch the party next door, she doesn't expect to catch the eye of Bre...
3.9M 162K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
2.9M 54.5K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...