His Secret [Completed]

Par Sophi__T

Despite Sophia defying the odds and securing a job at the most prestigious company in New York City, she stru... Plus

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
End
Original: Chapter 1 - Joey's
Original: Chapter 2 - Mr Noah McKenzie
Original: Chapter 3 - Married?
Original: Chapter 4 - Let's talk...
Original: Chapter 5 - Answer me now!
Original: Chapter 6 - Half naked...
Original: Chapter 7 - Is he on his period?
Original: Chapter 8 - Date?
Original: Chapter 9 - The Gala [1]
Original: Chapter 10 - The Gala [2]
Original: Chapter 11 - The Gala [3]
Original: Chapter 12 - Brooke?
Original: Chapter 13 - Sleep well Princess
Original: Chapter 14 - God I hate that bitch
Original: Chapter 15 - Complicated
Original: Chapter 16 - Strong, Independant Woman
Original: Chapter 17 - The boat house
Original: Chapter 18 - Inside the mind of Noah
Original: Chapter 19 - Hawaii
Original: Christmas Special - A trip to the past
Original: Chapter 20 - Jasmine
Original: Chapter 21 - Revenge
Original: Chapter 22 - Brad
Original: Chapter 23 - Revenge Plan
Original: Chapter 24 - Pizza and Chick-fliks
Original: Chapter 25 - Quad Bikes
Original: Chapter 26 - Party
Original: Chapter 27 - Unwanted Guest
Original: Chapter 28 - Dragon
Original: Chapter 29 - Hangover
Original: Chapter 30 - James
Original: Chapter 31 - Shopping Trip
Original: Chapter 32 - Clothes, Money, Men
Original: Chapter 33- 25th Birthday
Original: Chapter 34 - The envelope
Original: Chapter 35 - How much!
Original: Chapter 36 - Vacation
Original: Chapter 37 - 12 hours
Original: Chapter 38 - Midnight walks
Original: Chapter 39 - Love affairs
Original: Chapter 40 - Investments
Original: Chapter 41 - Transfers
Original: Chapter 42 - Family Is Everything
Original: Chapter 43 - Sorry
Original: Chapter 44 - Reunited
Original: Chapter 45 - Trackers
Original: Chapter 46 - The Plan
Original: Chapter 47 - Fear
Original: Chapter 48 - To Win You Have To Lose
Original: Chapter 49 - Pain
Original: Chapter 50 - Bonus Chapter

Chapter Ten

6.9K 267 29
Par Sophi__T

The glitz and the glamour gave her a sense of overwhelming suffocation. Having all of those people staring at her was something she wasn't familiar with, she was usually invisible. If she were to audition for a movie, Sophia would be cast as an extra way in the back hidden by an over the top actress blocking the view of her. That's the way she liked it, she didn't want to be seen. She knew that being Noah's date to the gala would be suffocating but she didn't expect herself to faint, and the heat in the ballroom didn't help either.

Slowly she came back to consciousness but still kept her eyes closed and wondered where she was- if she'd been moved. That alone was enough to pique her curiosity and she carefully opened her eyes. "She's okay!" Kelly said and almost immediately a quiet murmur broke out amongst the other guests. Noah looked down, her head was rested on his lap, his hand softly brushing her hair.

"Can you help me up?" Sophia asked Kelly and she nodded, took hold of her hands and pulled her to her feet. As she stood Noah's hands found her waist and guided her up, making sure she wouldn't fall, and once he was satisfied she was steady he let go. She muttered a thank you to Noah's sister as she steadied herself.

"Come," Noah took hold of her hand and walked out of the sliding glass doors out onto the balcony that overlooked the garden. "What happened?" He asked as they strolled downstairs and out into the open air.

"I'm sorry I embarrassed you..." She turned to look at him, gauging his reaction before she continued talking.

"Sophia," he tried to interrupt but she kept speaking.

"I felt overwhelmed with the heat and this dress is too tight, I can barely breathe and...oh God I can't believe I fainted!" She put her head into her hands without a care that she may have smudged her makeup.

He stopped her from rambling by putting his hands on the tops of her arms and rubbed them gently. "When I said what happened, I really meant are you okay?"

She nodded and they continued to walk down the pathway, deeper into the garden. There was a fountain, similar to the one in the centre of the driveway at the far end. Unbeknown to her it was where Noah was leading her and as they reached it, she took a seat. Noah stood in front of her, his hands shoved deep into his pockets. "Is the fresh air helping?"

"Yes."

He lifted his head so that his gaze met hers, and opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it again. He thought about what he wanted to say but decided against it.

He wanted to tell her the truth, that he was sorry. As far as she was concerned their relationship was strictly professional but what he was beginning to feel wasn't professional at all. He was beginning to feel as if that's not all he wanted. He'd been watching her for a while now and it was no coincidence that Linda was in Joey's cafe when she was. Sophia was the only candidate for the position. He created the position within his company specifically for her and in truth, his aunt wasn't originally leaving the company for a few months but when Noah's uncle fell ill it appeared that there was some truth and benefit in her leaving for the meantime. He had to think fast as time was closing in. It was true that his aunt had to take two months off to take care of his uncle and it gave the perfect opportunity for Noah.

"You could never embarrass me, you know that?" Sophia shrugged and raised her hands to her upper arms rubbing them gently. The cool air from the lake behind the garden swept across the grass bringing a bitter chill to her skin. Instinctively Noah shrugged out of his blazer and took a step closer. He placed it around her shoulders. Using the lapels he brought it closer around her body, and his fingers lingered there for a couple of seconds before he dropped his hands to his sides and sat beside her. She felt his form sitting so close to her that goosebumps littered her skin - thankfully her arms were covered by his blazer.

The isolation of the garden was romantic. Around the marble fountain were beautiful white rose bushes decorated with white lights, illuminating the area around them. The only sounds apart from the music in the distance was the movement of the water from the lake behind and Noah's soft breathing. She scooted a little closer to him and blamed it on nothing more than wanting warmth on that cold evening, any other reasons were pushed aside.

"You look beautiful," Noah said, interrupting the peaceful silence between them. Her cheeks reddened. For the third time that night, he'd told her she looked beautiful and yet the same reaction radiated from her body each time. His hand captured her chin and he turned her embarrassed face back to meet his. Usually, he would chuckle at the effect he had on her but at that moment his emotion was something different. His lips were slightly parted and she could hear the change in his breathing. "Why do you always hide from me?" His fingers were still gently holding her chin. He wanted that night to be different, he wanted to allow himself to feel things, for just one evening.

She cast her eyes down. "I'm not hiding."

"Then look at me, Sophia..." She took in a deep breath and drew her eyes upwards, looking at him through her mascara laced lashes. Noah's fingers fluttered across her skin and he placed his palm onto her cheek. He brought his face closer and rested his forehead on hers, as if he were trying to fight the pull between them. "What are you doing to me?" His voice was a whisper. Sophia's eyes closed but she could still feel his intense stare. His gentle breath blew across her lips and she found her own involuntarily parting as he closed the gap between them. His smooth soft lips grazed hers in a tender kiss as she melted into his embrace. Noah's hands gripped her cheeks as if he were scared she would disappear if he dared move them. Her clutch had fallen to the floor yet she didn't seem to notice. They were lost in the moment and the only thing that mattered to both of them was each other. He kissed her as if she were the most important woman in his life.

Sophia's hands found his chest and she pushed him back, her legs wobbled as she stood up and stumbled backwards. "We can't - why did you do that?" She shook her head in a flustered state.

Noah bent down to just in front of her, picked up her clutch that had fallen to the floor and handed it to her. "We should get back in there." He turned on his heel and walked back to the house along the path alone. Sophia didn't follow him, she needed a minute to herself.

She sat back down on a wooden bench a little way away from the fountain - she couldn't sit back at the fountain, it was the place she had just experienced the surreal sensation of Noah's lips on hers and it was also the place that he just cheated on his fiancée. Guilt flooded through her as she remembered his relationship status, he was engaged for goodness sake and she had just kissed him without a second thought. What's more, she couldn't find it in herself to regret it. Of course, she felt guilty, but she wouldn't take it back.

"What is someone as beautiful as you doing out here all alone?" A young man who looked strikingly similar to Noah approached her and took a seat on the back of the bench, his feet resting on the seat.

"Just thinking," she admitted.

"I'm Jackson." They shook hands, "most people call me Jack though." He pulled his blazer to the side and reached into his pocket, pulling out a box of cigarettes. He placed one between his lips and lit it. "Want one?" Sophia denied his offer and he slipped the box back into his pocket.

"You shouldn't smoke."

"So they say," he shrugged acting as if he hadn't a care in the world about his health. "You should try telling that to my brother." Jackson blew out a single puff of smoke and then put the cigarette out using the metal of the bench.

"Your brother?"

"Noah," he shrugged. "But what I'm wondering though is why he left you outside alone when you two were looking cosy inside - before you fainted that is."

"He's just my boss."

He gave her a mischievous smirk. "Ah, I see. But does he know that?"

"What do you mean?"

"I've seen the way he looked at you tonight. He was undressing you with his eyes, like most men here. Me included." Jackson wiggled his eyebrows.

"Thank you, Jackson, but I don't need your sympathy. Your brother and I aren't even friends," she assured him, dusted off her dress and began to walk back to the house. "It was lovely to meet you." She pulled Noah's blazer further around her shoulders. Jackson jogged over to her.

"Wait...I'll walk you back."

"I think I can manage."

"I know you can, but what sort of gentleman would I be if I didn't?" He joked.

"The only kind there are nowadays." Jackson lifted his arm and held it out, and Sophia linked her own with his as he guided her down the pathway and back into the house. He continued to walk with her over to the table she and Noah were sat at, told her it was nice meeting her and then disappeared into the crowd. Just as the auction started, Sophia noticed Noah making small conversation with some of the guests. From across the room, he noticed she was back at the table, said his goodbyes to the guests and joined her once again.

The auction was in full swing and as time went on, many of the guests bid against each other for vacations, cars and even twenty-four-carat gold jewellery, with all money made going to charity. Noah bid on one of the last items up for auction, it was a black Lamborghini Veneno Roadster which he won for the overwhelming price of $5 million. Everyone cheered as Noah put in a bid almost twice as much as the previous bidder, so it was no surprise that he won; after all, if there's anything Sophia had learnt it was that he always got what he wanted. Noah, without fail, always got what he wanted.

He leaned over so that she could hear him better. "There are nine of these in the world." He appeared boastful but in truth, he was just trying to make conversation. He didn't want there to be an awkwardness between the two of them but he knew that, thanks to his actions, the feelings would remain for the remainder of the evening. "It's a beautiful car." Sophia simply nodded.

After another painful silence fell between them, the auction was finally over and they sat at the table, not moving or speaking after many of the other guests had headed over to the bar or dispersed outside into the garden. He then said something she hadn't expected: "I'm sorry about earlier." Regardless, though, she didn't accept his apology or decline it, but kept silent, not because she was being stubborn, but because she couldn't decipher her own feelings. She knew what they did was wrong but all she wanted more than anything was to be in his arms again. He gave her a sense of security, but she couldn't understand why she'd known the man for a little over two months, yet already knew she would trust him with her life.

A short while later, after many of the guests had left, the cleaners entered the ballroom and began clearing the tables. Noah's father Alan held his wife close to his chest as they glided along with the floor, dancing to the soft music being played by the band as guests left the venue. It was the final song of the evening and the calming tone was sending Sophia into a tired state. "Can we go. Please?"

"We are staying here tonight, my parents insisted on it. I had someone pack us some clothes."

"Oh."

"Roger asked for the evening off, it's his son's birthday today and they were going out for a meal this evening. I can call him to come and take you home if you wish." Sophia shook her head and insisted he not disturb his driver's evening with his children. "The bags are upstairs, I'll show you to our room."

Panic rose in Sophia's chest - they'd be sharing a room. "W-we're sharing a room?"

"Yes."

"Mr McKenzie, I'm sorry if I've given you the wrong idea but this really isn't appropriate. I'm you're employee-" she ranted as they entered the room and she expected him to stop her, yet he didn't even entertain the idea. Instead, he pulled a blanket from the bottom of the bed and set up a temporary bed on the couch on the opposite side of the room. "Oh."

"I'll let you get changed, the bathroom is through that door. I'll be waiting outside." He left the room as Sophia picked up the bag with her clothes inside and headed into the bathroom. She pinned up her hair and washed her makeup off. The zipper at the back of the dress was high and as hard as she tried to reach it, it proved impossible. She crept out of the bathroom in hopes that Noah had entered the room. To her surprise, he was still standing outside the bedroom door when it opened.

"Would you mind?" She asked and turned around sweeping her hair over her left shoulder. Noah stepped into the bedroom and closed the door behind him. His gentle fingers grazed the exposed skin of her neck as he tantalisingly slid the zipper down, exposing the soft skin of her naked back. His fingers lingered on her skin for a brief moment and then she felt an absence as he disappeared from behind her. Sophia quickly dressed in her nightwear and called Noah back into the room. She shuffled awkwardly on her feet unsure which bed to take- the actual king size bed or the makeshift couch bed.

Noah took a seat on the couch and began to untie his boots. "You take the bed." She climbed in wanting to get out of the cool breeze that was coming through the window. She laid down and brought the duvet up to her neck. Noah noticed her shivers and reached up to close the window fully.

As he began to strip out of his suit she turned to the other side facing away from him. There was a soft creak of the couch and then a click of the light switch. The room went black and silence fell with it. The next sound she heard was Noah's deep voice saying, "Goodnight Sophia."

"Goodnight Noah," she replied and closed her eyes, knowing it would be difficult to fall asleep while she was sharing a room with not only her boss, but also the man who made her heart flutter whenever he was around.

——
I'd love some feedback on the book so far, so please leave a comment!!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

7.9K 505 24
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
166K 1.2K 9
"Brandon..... You're hurting me.", I hissed at him as he tightened his hold around my arm. "I don't give a fuck!", He hissed back digging holes insi...
Pessimist Par ari

Roman d'amour

4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
44.9K 1.5K 41
C O M P L E T E D "Date me," he spins the whiskey around in the glass and fixes me with a smirk. I roll my eyes the moment the words roll off his ton...