Central High

By Eagle_Feather_2014

The promised day has come to pass and life goes on for the characters we all fell in love with over the cours... More

1. Miss Mustang
2. Lydia Elric and Fear
3. The Daughter of the Military
4. Two Dorks Arguing
5. Glad To See You
6. Best Friends With The Best Fathers
7. Home Again
8. Best Friends and Sins
9. Long Nights and Short Mornings
10. Basket Ball In the Morning
11. A Brother's Comfort and Concerns
12.1 Home Is Where The Heart Is (Mustangs)
12.2 Home Is Where The Heart Is (Elrics)
12.3 Home Is Where The Heart Is (Homunculi)
12.5 Home Is Where the Heart Is (Fuery and DeWitt)
12.6 Home Is Where The Heart Is (Kimblee)
13. Alchemic Hype
14. The Power of the Alchemists
15. Friend Or Foe?
16. Inside The Metaphorical Lion's Den of the Military
17. A Mask Wearer
18. A New Start
19. Lydia's Proposal
20. Another Friend
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
UPDATE!

12.4 Home Is Where the Heart Is (Armstrong)

73 4 6
By Eagle_Feather_2014

"Slushie! Hey girl!" Skielyr said happily to the fluffy black and white husky that was barking and bouncing along the white picket fence of the front yard, elated to see her owner walking up the side walk to the front door of the house she was staying in. The husky yipped happily as she reached over the fence and pet her head, digging around in her pocket for the house key. She found it and walked up to the door, having to stop petting the fluffy dog in the process, earning herself a whine of disappointment. "We'll play later girl, ok?" she told the canine and it gave her a happy bark in acknowledgement, eager to play.

She put the key in the lock and listened to the tumblers fall and lock into place to allow the door to be opened. It was oddly quiet in the house for the fact that the blinds were drawn for the natural light to flood in to light the rooms of the one story house. "Christin? Are you home?" she called as she dumped her bag down at the dining table, getting no reply. She headed down the hall to her room and heard the shower running in the bathroom across the hall, indicating that the Ishvallan woman she was staying with was in that particular room. She knocked on the door and heard a muffled 'yes?' call from beyond the door.

"That you, Christin?"

"Yeah? You're already home Skielyr? I wasn't aware of the time. I'll be right out in a minute." She called and Skielyr just replied with a response telling her not to hurry on her account and headed into her room. Christin was a nice woman, in fact she was an old friend of her father's. Skielyr was the child of Olivier and Miles and Christin was an old friend of the Ishvallan soldier. When Skielyr had asked about it, Miles had told her that she was a friend of his from when he lived in Ishvall when he was young, back before the war that was instigated by Bradley. Neither of hem had been there when the Ishvallan Extermination Campaign began, both having moved to other places in the country; Miles up north and Christin out to the west edge of Central.

When Skielyr wanted to move into the warmer, big city atmosphere of Central, Miles sent her to Christin and the woman was glad to have her as her own daughter had just moved out to go live out in the south where mechanics were more popular. Skielyr had been staying with her since for three years now, going on to a fourth, and the two had gotten comfortable with each other. Enough so that Christin was viewed as a second, kinder and gentler, mother to the half Ishvallan girl. She'd come to refer to the young woman as her mother accidentally at school more than once, but it wasn't unknown who her real mother was. Olivier was the general that lead the attack on the presidency and Central City on the Promised Day so she got a lot of attention in the books of the country's history and the media as of late.

Skielyr yawned and flopped down onto her bed, her brown hair with a few whitish-blonde highlights splaying out on the pillow behind her head. She glanced over at the book shelf that sat next to the door, lined with novels and manga and spiral notebooks and journals and other various books of all sorts. That was the holy grail of her room; the thing she used the most. She was big reader and that shelf proved it since it was lined with all her favorites along with her alchemy journals. Her reddish eyes shut as she rolled onto her side, tired from her friends at school. She was very popular and she knew that now she was at the highschool, it would be a fight between her and the Elrics' girl for the top spot and neither would give up easily. All hell would break lose if those two clashed physically.

---~🌸~---

Christin set the dinning table as the timer went off on the counter by the stove. Skielyr turned the little white and black timer off and the turned off the oven and Christin thanked her, walking back into the kitchen. "You've been such a good help lately, thank you."

"No problem, I don't have anything better to do, anyways." She replied, getting a pair of plates and starting to get her own dinner.

"Was school ok?"

"It was fine."

"I was talking to my friend and she said that there's a lot of new students in the alchemy class. They have four teachers for it now when they used to just have two."

"Alchemy is advancing and becoming a major part of the country; it makes sense that they have more students."

"I heard that Elliott Havoc is in the class as well."

"That abomination? Jeeze... now he's trying to be an alchemist? Pitiful."

"That's not very nice to say about your half brother..."

"So? Not even mom or dad accepted him. They just dumped him on Jean and disowned him."

"He's a nice boy though."

"Annoying is the word I'd use."

"Why do you dislike him so much?"

"He and I are too different... He's a disappointment and I'm a child my mother is proud of."

"I bet you're less different than you think."

"Yeah, right." She replied sarcastically and started eating.

---~ 🔸~--- (Lol, my character divider. Like it? For those on the computer version, idk if u can see it but it's a cute lil golden diamond.)

"...And I left the key... again... Damn..." He sighed. Only in school for three days and he forgot the key to the front door twice. He chucked his back pack over the fence to the back yard and climbed over it, knowing the backdoor was open since his dad was obviously home by the fact that his car was in the driveway. He hopped down and grabbed his bag again, slinging it over his shoulder and heading towards the back porch, a small grizzy cub ambling along behind him. The boy glanced back and smiled, stopping and turning around, bending over and picking up the bear. "Hey there, Buccanneer." It gave a soft, playful growl in response and batted at his face, hating to be lifted off the ground.

That bear was his pet that he may or may not have kidnapped from Briggs during a visit to help with a problem regarding the snow and ice up there, being an ice alchemist and all. When he got him, he thought it to be a cub due to it's size but he was starting to question that statement as in the year he'd had it, it had yet to grow any... Maybe it's got the same disease or problem or whatever it is that Xiao Mei has? That sounds very possible now that he had thought about it.

He turned it around, carrying it with it's back to his chest as he walked in through the unlocked screen door to the dining room. "I'm home!" he called and he heard no response. Where the hell was that smoker? Because Elliott knew he was home. He wandered into the living room and saw his dad asleep on the couch, a laptop and a few sheets of paperwork scattered about on the coffee table next to the couch that his father was dozing on currently. 'Must have asked the brigadier colonel to let him work from home since he didn't feel well this morning.' He thought as he set the bear onto the carpeted floor and glanced over the scattered papers. 'Great, rumors of a Drachma spy in Central City? The fuhrer better watch out just in case they're true. Stuff about the branch of the library that was destroyed in the earthquake last week. Damn Skielyr, better have not been her fault, crazy bitch. Correction, crazy bitch that can control the tectonic plates at will.' He thought as he read over the papers' contents while he tidied them up for his father. Poor guy probably caught that cold that came from out west when that train came in from Kinston; everyone seemed to be catching it, though it was usually pretty mild but it made you run occasional fevers and cough nonstop. According to his dad, that cold is why Ái kasai was absent; having gone home sick. His dad and her father kept in touch frequently.

Being long-time friends with Luis Fuery gave him information about the youngest of the Mustang family as she was kinda a favored topic of the tech-geek. Everyone but him could see that he had a crush on her, but that is a topic for another chapter. Elliott knew lots of things about lots of people, taking mental notes on the people around him and storing it away for later use. In Luis' talking about the mousy girl, he'd noticed a common theme. The girl was frequently ill. Elliott had hacked the systems of several different data bases and learned that she had a very weak immune system due to being sick at birth. In fact, she was so sick that the doctors thought she wouldn't live more than a day, but she did. This trait was very unlike Elliott's own steely immune system. He rarely fell ill and he was glad for that because when he did sick... it was the ugly kind... all the awful things you don't want when you get sick.

In his sorting of the papers, his father had not stirred even the slightest. Jean was quite the deep sleeper if he fell asleep alone; there was no waking him at the moment, not that Elliott had any intention of doing such to begin with. He heard a scratching noise and groaned. "Buccanneer!" The little brute was scratching at the mahogany leg of the coffee table, starting to leave indents in the sturdy piece of furniture. Elliott grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and carried the growling, annoyed beast to his room down the hall, dumping the fierce ball of fur on his bed, locking the door behind him. "Damn beast, you know that you're not allowed to be scratching on things outside of my room. Dad's gonna kill me if he notices those marks you left... At least I probably have a few hours before he wakes up." He laid down on his bed, the bear wandering around before disappearing underneath his bed, scuffling around down there in the freezing air of the boy's room. He liked the cold and that made his room oh so very cold. He grabbed his DS off his bedside table and flipped it open, popped in a game, and started playing, content to just waste the afternoon like that for the meanwhile...

----~🔻🔹🔻🔷🔻🔹🔻~----

Author's Notes: Ok, so... YAY FOUR-DAY WEEKEND! I have goals for it too.

-Get hair trimmed back up so it looks better

-Get some warmer shirts for the fall since it's getting colder

-Get 12.5 up (not likely tho)

-Get adjusted to the time change

-Start my "Literary Canon Book" (I chose Pride and Prejudice) for English class

-Clean room (...ugh..)

-Watch more Soul Eater

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
227K 5.5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
137K 6.5K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
658K 21K 41
တရားဝင် ပိုဆိုင်ခွင့်ရဖို့ ကြိုးစားမိရုံ လေးပါ. လိမ်ညာပြီး အပိုင်ယူမိတဲ့ အတွက်... ...မ ကို မမုန်းလိုက်ပါနဲ့....