The Internship (Robert Downey...

By AdrienneSummers

Lexi Adams is a 24 year old law student at Columbia. Due to her outstanding grades, she gets an internship wi... More

1 // Lexi Adams
2 // Ladies First
3 // Mr. Downey
4 // Oridnary
5 // Coffee
6 // Lunch
7 // Car Ride
8 // Italian
9 // Wine
10 // Saturday Morning
11 // Here
12 // Where Were You In The Morning?
13 //Sunburn
14 // The City
15 // Imagination
16 // Gentleman
17 // Guys My Age
18 // Nothing
19 // Roses
20 // Speak Of The Devil
21 // It's You
22 // Breakfast
23 // Lights Down Low
24 // Nobody Else But You
25 // Fallin' All In You
26 // ILYSMB
27 // Say You Love Me
28 // Afire Love
29 //Can't Help Falling In Love
30 // Honeymoon
31 // I'm Gonna Lose You
32 // Hotel Hell
33 // A Friend In Me
34 // Home
35 // Apart
36 // Penthouse
37 // Chanpagne and Pools
38 // Lied To
39 // Lady in Red
40 // I'm Not The Only One
41 // River Of Tears
42 // Professional
43 // Lunch
44 // Explain
45 // When You're Ready
46 // Whatever You Need
47 // Pros & Cons
48 // Your Choice
49 // Her
50 // No Harm No Foul
51 // Spiraling
52 // Choices
53 // Arcade
54 // Wrong One
55 // Another Day
56 // Sorry
57 // More
58 // Different
59 // To Be or Not
60 // The Reason
61 // First Row
62 // Take Flight
63 // City of Angels
64 // The Bu
65 // No Way
66 // Comfortable
67 // Knob
68 // A Day in L.A.
69 // Nobu
71 // Night
72 // Tease
73 // Prize
74 // Caught
75 // Reintroduce
76 // What'd I miss?
77 // No Interuptions
78 // Kids
79 // Sir

70 // Stay Close

1.2K 43 1
By AdrienneSummers

Lexi's POV

As all good things come to an end, our mini vacation did exactly that. I'm sitting on a flight back home with a grumpy Robert next to me. Why is he grumpy? Well, let me take you back to Saturday night.

Saturday Night

"Oh my, there's so many people." I stare in awe at Jamie's house, which had people pouring out of it.

"You wanted a Hollywood party, you still wanna go?" Robert reaches for my hand pulling my attention away from the people. I look at him and give his hand a light squeeze.

"Yeah, just stay close. Ok?"

"Yes ma'am." I lean over and give him a quick peck and put a smile on trying to shake my nervousness before getting out of the car.

Robert walks in first, squeezing past the people, as I follow behind keeping a tight grip on his hand.

We walk out to the pool area and stop by the bar. Robert leans down and whispers into my ear.

"Keep the drinking to a minimum okay?" 

I nod in agreement and watch him as he orders me sangria and himself a soda. I look around and see a bunch a familiar faces, and start getting nervous again.

"Hun?" Robert's voice draws me over to him and I take my drink, then kiss his cheek. 

"Thank you."

We head back inside and I notice Jamie making his way over to us so I tell Rob and we meet him the rest of the way.

"I'm so glad you two could make it." Jamie says as he gives me a hug causing me to giggle at the unexpectedness of it. He turns to Robert and grabs his hand, pulling him into a 'bro' hug. "How long have you been here? Why didn't you shoot me a text I would've come found you."

"We haven't been here long, just got some drinks. You have a party to host, didn't want to disturb that." Robert takes a sip of his drink and Jamie raises a brow at the drink and takes it from his hand smelling it.

"Is that straight soda?" 

"Yeah soda, I'm driving." Rob defends his choice and takes the drink back. "Already had a bit to drink at dinner."

Jamie looks over to me, for what looks like confirmation about what Robert is saying.

"A glass of wine." I inform him.

"Thats it? Come on! Where's throbbin Rob, the party animal?" 

My mouth drops and look at him, I thought the name was a joke when he said it to me the other night. Never did I imagine people actually calling him that.

"He got it together."  Robert responds

"Where's the fun in that? Lex, please talk some sense into your boyfriend. Tell him to loosen up."

"I'm not going to force you babe, but one drink wouldn't hurt." I rub his chest looking up at him. I don't want to force him to do anything he doesn't want to do, but I also want him to have fun.

"I'm fine." 

"Fine, but you're drinking at least want another?" Jamie looks at me and refers to my empty glass, honestly I didn't even notice I drank it all while listening to them talk.

"Please." I smile and tell him what I was having. He walk away saying he'll be right back.

"What happened to keeping the drinking to a minimum?" Robert asks me using his stern voice.

Oh, he's mad.

"One more and that's it, I swear."

About two hours later I was in my own world. Let's just say that definitely wasn't the last one. 

I found myself walking, stumbling, to a bathroom.

Robert's POV

I pull myself out of a conversation when I notice a certain someone isn't by my side anymore.'

Great.

"Excuse me." I politely remove myself from the group and try to look for Lexi, but am unable to make her face out in the crowd. I check out the kitchen, the patio, the downstairs bathrooms. She's nowhere. Panic starts to rise in me, but I keep my cool and head upstairs towards the other bathrooms. 

As I'm about to knock on the bathroom the door open revealing a smiling Lexi and... Jamie? I furrow my brows, what the fuck.

"What the fuck?"

Lexi continues to smile oblivious to what's going on, but Jamie is quick to pick up on what's running through my head.

"No man. Don't." He instantly tries to shut down my thoughts, him being my friend I should trust him, but I have yet to be informed as to why they were both in the bathroom.

"Babbyy!" Lexi yells wrapping her arms around my neck. She's completely trashed, fantastic.

"Don't? Then explain." Anger started boiling in me.

"I was just helping her." Jamie says finally.

Lexi starts kissing my neck and I grab her arms from my neck pushing her off me, but keeping her in my grip.  "With what exactly?" I ask then shift my eyes to Lexi as she starts playing with my facial hair. I roll my eyes figuring trying to talk to her will be of no use.

"She was stumbling down the hall, said she was feeling sick. So I just helped her splash some water on her face. That's all."

I squint my eyes then sigh, letting out a deep breath. I know Jamie didn't do anything, I was just taken back and let my mind run there when it shouldn't have.

"I know you're better than that, I'm sorry man." We exchange a head nod and I feel Lexi move closer to me and rest her head on my chest. 

Is she going to sleep?

"We're going to head out, thanks for having us. Sorry about.. this." I use my eyes to point at Lexi.

"I'm just glad she had fun. She's a good one, I'll be expecting a wedding invite soon." We both laugh.

"I have to get out of my current marriage first." 

"You and Susan are still on paper? Don't mess this up Bobby."

"I'm trying not to." 

I pick up Lexi and carry her out of the house, towards the car.

Lexi's POV

He has a right to be upset with my I drank way more than I said I would last night and didn't wake up till quarter to two. I also don't remember anything after getting half way through my fourth sangria. I thought I was doing fine, but it all seemed to hit at once, I made a mistake, but it resulted in a grumpy Robert. 

"How long are you going to ignore me? We still have a couple hours till we land I really don't want to end our amazing weekend like this."

Nothing.

"Robbie, please. How many times do you want to hear me say sorry? I'm sorry, really sorry."

"I don't want to hear you say 'sorry' Lex. I'm upset, I have a right to be upset." He turns his head towards me finally speaking to me. "I asked one thing from you, 'keep the drinking to a minimum.', but instead I had to carry you out and put you to bed."

"I thought I would be fine, but it all just caught up to me. I should've paced myself, I don't know what else to say."

"what do you have to say about me finding you in the bathroom with Jamie?" 

My eyes widen.

I was in the bathroom with Jamie? Doing what? Oh god.

"Wh-what do you mean? I don't remember that." 

"He said you were feeling sick so he helped you wash your face and when I went looking for you, before I could knock the two of you came out."

"Nothing happened." I may not remember, but never would I do that to him especially with his friend.

"And how can you tell me that for certain? You don't even remember leaving last night." Robert is fully turned to me studying my face.

"Because I know what I wouldn't do and that is hurt you. Robbie, you think after sharing such a beautiful weekend with you that I would ruin it all by fooling around? And with your friend?"

"I don't know what to think, Jamie told me nothing happened, but-"

"But nothing. Nothing happened." I bring my hands up and caress his face as I hold him in place to keep his eye contact. "We had a great time together, please don't let anything ruin that. Just trust me, please Robbie."

Robert closes his eyes for a moment letting out a deep breath before nodding his head.

"Good, now kiss me before I lose it."

He lets this boyish grin take over, after letting out a laugh, and leans down connecting our lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

889K 23K 50
Meet Valentina Montenegro, whose inevitable charm helped pave her road to fame. Being one of this decade's most respected lawyers, Valentina's hard w...
3.4K 104 26
After being rescued by the Avengers, Lexi Ahren a.k.a Maze, an old friend of Natasha and an ex Red Room assassin, joins the team trying to bring down...
126K 2K 87
She was left behind in the red room and ended up graduating at the age of 15 until she was sent on a mission that had changed me forever. Zara was ca...
12.5K 446 12
Lexi Lockwood started work at Stark Towers never expecting in a million years to be talking to an AI. Somehow, they manage to become friends, and whe...