One of the Guys

By unstoppablereasoning

Cecelia Anderson isn't just any girl. She's a quarterback and she's proud of it. Last years quarterback gradu... More

Characters Ect.
Chapter 1: Walls are Paper Thin
Chapter 2: Im Sorry
Chapter 4: All I Need
Chapter 5: Forgotten Shirt
Chapter 6: Jealous Much
Chapter 7: Pool Party
Chapter 8: Burnin' it Down
Chapter 9: Love is
Chapter 10: Locked up and Lip Locked
Chapter 11: Stay With Me
Chapter 12: Soldier
Chapter 13: Hi Mommy
Chapter 14: Simple as That
Chapter 15: Don't Tell Them
Chapter 16: Partners
Chapter 17: Waterfall
Chapter 18: Yes
Chapter 19: Right Now
Chapter 20: Flight 693
Chapter 21: Touchdown
Chapter 22: Up in Flames
Chapter 23: Protecting You
Chapter 24: Chocolate Milk Bandits and Food Races
Chapter 25: Never
Chapter 26: If You Can't Convince Them Uh..
Chapter 27: Misinterpreted
Chapter 28: Crystal Smear
Chapter 29: Deceiving
Chapter 30: Quarterfinals
Chapter 31: Semifinals and Semi Confused
Chapter 32: Surprise
Chapter 33: The Behemoths
Chapter 34: I'm Yelling Timber
Chapter 35: Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 36: Okay
Chapter 37: Part 1
Chapter 37: Part 2
Chapter 38: It's a Crazy Life
Epilogue
New Book!
Bonus

Chapter 3: Run it Again

17.6K 344 89
By unstoppablereasoning

Cecelia's POV:
___________________________________________
I pull away from the embrace and wipe my eyes. I don't cry, ever. The only people that have seen me cry are Ashton and my dad. I blush, embarrassed for crying.

I get up and grab my water bottle from the stand. I really don't know when I'll be able to forgive him. It wasn't just the rules he broke that hurt me. It was also that I was sick with worry when he didn't text or call me back yesterday. Then today when he said he couldn't pick me up.

"So, milkshakes or no?" He knows I'm a sucker for milkshakes, but I don't want to go anywhere with him right now. It would just be silent and uncomfortable for the both of us.

"Maybe after football later. I don't think I could stomach them right now." I know I was lying, but I didn't know what else to say.

"Okay," he agrees. "Your dad was making lunch. Want to grab some, then watch tv?" He scratches the back of his head like he always does when he's nervous.

"Yeah, sounds good," I say and bound up the stairs before he can say anything else. He's right behind me as I enter the kitchen. I know I look like hell, but my dad doesn't ask anything. He gives us our plates, takes his own and walks into the living room.

I sigh and walk back downstairs. We set our plates on the coffee table and turn on the TV. He grabs the remote and turns on last night's game that I recorded.

"You could've totally avoided that 10-yard penalty dumbass!" He yells and I chuckle.

"I don't know why you get a shower, you're just gonna get sweaty again," he states stealing glances my way.

"I can't stand sitting in my sweat. I find that disgusting. Don't you?" He shrugs. Guys are so nasty. Yet, I know he took a shower I can smell his body wash on him.

"If you, me, and Zac Efron were stuck in a room together that seemed impossible to get out of and he said he knew the way out, would you go with him or stay with me not knowing that you'll escape?"

I just stare at him. Who in the world asks questions like that? "Uh, you Duh." He smiles his smile that makes my heart melt. I realize he's trying to make me forgive him, and if I don't walk away now, I might just do exactly that.

I get up and walk out the french doors that lead from my room to the backyard. I hear the doors close and I know he is behind me. I sit in one of the swings that faces the town. My dad and I live on a hill with an amazing view of the town.

"I don't know what to do." He sighs." I don't like you being mad at me."

"Oh, so you think I enjoy being mad at you?"

"Of course not! Look, I know I broke the rules but is that the only reason you're mad?"

"No you insensitive jerk!" I scream, I can feel the tears forming in the corner of my eyes. "I was worried sick about you yesterday! You didn't respond to me all night and then you text me saying you can't pick me up! What am I supposed to think?"

He stays silent for a minute. I know I may have hurt him a little but truth is, he deserves it.

Ashton's POV:
___________________________________________
I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all. I felt horrible. I didn't realize that I made her worry.

"I have to go," I say and quickly walk to my truck. I'm mad. Mad at myself for being such an idiot. Mad at Emmet for dragging me to that stupid party. I have to figure out how to make her forgive me. I put the truck in reverse and drive to Wesley's.

I race to the door as soon as I get out. I didn't bother knocking and ran straight to his room. I yank his door open and walk straight to his bed. He turns away from his computer and just stares at me.

"I need help, big time."

He laughs. "I've been telling you that for years and you're just now realizing this."

Wes has been my friend since 6th grade. He's the only one I know besides her dad or Emmet that could help me right now. No one else understands our friendship. Other people think we're dating, but they have been around enough to know we really care about each other.

"I'm serious. I need to do something big. I need her to forgive me."

"Listen, I know you're not going to like this but, it's just going to take time. She can't just magically forgive you. You just need to be there even when she doesn't want you to be. You need to show her you care. Nothing but you being there will fix it."

"I don't want it to be like this, though. She's not as much mad as she is hurt. I don't want her to hurt, especially when it's my fault."

"Go over there and man up. Be with her and stop pitying yourself. She needs you more than you know."

"Fine, I hate it when you're right."

"Then you must hate me all the time." He chuckles and turns back to his computer.

It all started when we were five years old. Our mothers were best friends but we didn't meet each until her fifth birthday party. My family lived in New York for the first five years of my life. We moved back here since it was my parents hometown. Our second month here my mom informed me I was going to a birthday party. Me being five years old, I was excited.

We got to her house and rang the doorbell. Her mother answered the door and told us to go ahead to the backyard. We got out there and everywhere you looked there was something football. I instantly got excited because I thought this was a boy's birthday party. To be fair, there weren't any girls.

That's when I saw her. Blond hair, brown eyes and a smile that seemed like nothing could ever break it. She was wearing a football jersey with two black streaks under her eyes yelling hike! I watched in amazement as she passed it perfectly to her dad and he ran in for a touchdown. Some people cheered, others groaned, but I clapped.

She looked over at me and smiled. She ran straight up and stuck out her hand. "I'm Cecelia, and you are?" We instantly became best friends and over the years inseparable. We had our fights sure, things changed, but we're still best friends.

I'm leaning on her door thinking what I'm going to say when it suddenly opens and I fall into her room.

"You just going to stand outside like a creep?"

"No," I say, "I was just thinking."

She offers me her hand and pulls me to my feet. Instead of letting go of her hand, I take them both in mine and look her straight in the eyes. "I messed up and I know you can't forgive me right now, and I can't expect you to. I just want you to know that I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here and I always will be. Stay mad at me for a week, a month, two years but I don't care because I'm going to be here until you forgive me, and I'm going to be here for you forever."

She has tears in her eyes as she wraps her arms around my neck. "I forgive you."

"Really? Are you sure because I can wait." I can't wait actually, but I'm trying to be a good best friend.

She pulls back and I instantly miss her nearness. "Yes, but if you ever, ever forget to call me and tell me where you are, I won't forgive you as easily or as soon." She means it, I can see it in her eyes.

"I promise to never forget," I vow and put my hand on my heart.

"So, Madden?"

"Yes, but don't cry when you lose," I say and race her to the controllers.

************
"Mom! I'm home!"

"In the kitchen sweetheart!"

"Smells amazing in here. Where did you order from this time?" She knows I'm joking. She would never order in, she loves to cook.

"Funny Ashton, and I'm making dinner." She rolls her eyes and starts to chop up some vegetables.

"It's only 3:30, you do know that right?"

"Yes, but I have to make the soup. Then I have to bake it and a bunch of other cooking stuff you'll never understand honey."

"As long as it's good. I just stopped by to get my shoulder pads. I forgot them earlier. Can Cece come for dinner? Her dad has a meeting."

"Of course! She's always welcome here you know that!"

I laugh and head back to my truck shoulder pads in hand. I pick up Cece and she instantly changes the radio as soon as she gets in.

"Hey! That's good music!"

"Please," she says,"Rap is not music. It's basically saying a bunch of rhyming words as fast as you can to a beat."

"Oh, so what might you say country music is?"

"Country music is better."

"That's all you have," I say hopping out of the truck and head towards the stadium."After everything you said about rap, that's the best you've got?"

"Yes," she says and runs off to the girls locker room.

I laugh and head to the boys locker room. Once I'm done changing, I wait outside of the girls locker room. I stand quietly pressed against the wall until I hear the door open. "Gotcha!"

She screams like a little girl and punches me in the arm. "Ash you are such a jackass. That's it, your new name is jackash."

"You know you love me."

"Actually, I don't think I do. Race you!" She shouts and pushes me to the ground. Damn, she's good. I spring up after her but I'll never catch her. She's too fast for me.

I run through the doors where I find her standing there smirking. "Poor baby just lost to a girl. Don't go crying to mommy now."

I smile but before I can say anything back coach calls us over.

"I want you to run a simple blast."

We all head over and get in formation. Nate snaps it to Cece who then hands it off to Emmet. Emmet then runs through a hole in the offense and makes it seven yards before a tackle.

"Good job Emmet! Offense he isn't supposed to make it that far. Run it again!"

We run it again and Emmet only makes it 2 yards before a tackle. "Great now run a draw!"

We have to run it eight times before coach gives us a break.

"Why do we have to run the basics, we already know all that." Complains a lineman I can't see.

"Well, those eight times prove you don't! Everybody back out there and run it again!"
___________________________________________
Authors note: 
Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter, it was a little longer. What do you think about this cover?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.6K 77
Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to run into the schools most notorious footba...
1.3K 1 73
After another lost season in the NFL, Scout Ranger is under a lot of pressure. He is tasked by his owner and general manager, who also happens to be...
249K 8.5K 30
Rosie isn't your typical girly girl. She's just one of the guys. Her bestfriend, Cameron has been her friend since kindergarten. They do everything t...
214K 2.5K 33
Dylan Morris 23 year old who attends the University of Alabama, just got the chance of a lifetime. she was promoted to the captain of the cheerleadin...