๐Œ๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐ˆ๐„'๐’ ๐Œ๐€๐Š๐„๐Ž๐•๏ฟฝ...

By mistysquigley

"I've always been a shadow of my siblings... No one ever notices when I'm around" โ” Where the lesser know Wh... More

MOLLIE'S MAKEOVER
GRAPHICS GALLERY
๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ
๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐žโ†ด
Prologue
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑ
Chapter Seven

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž

6.9K 293 357
By mistysquigley

STAGE TWO: FIND YOUR STYLE

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨. It was the next step into becoming popular. The failure of stage one had made Mollie less confident. But luckily for the Wheeler stage two required little assistance. That being just to go out and shop.

Mollie hadn't woken up in the greatest of moods, but she still had her ambitions to start the day. Going to set off to the mall, her mood started to perk up.

On the hand, Dustin Henderson had woken up in the greatest of moods, but when he had only just missed his bus to Starcourt he grew frustrated. When he did miss his buss, he needed to find a way there. Running to the closest friend's house possible, Dustin was reviled when he finally saw the Wheeler's house.

Knocking on the door he had hoped to see Nancy or Mike but instead he was left with the Middle Wheeler. Smiling, he was just happy to see someone after being out of breath. There was an awkward tension between the two as neither seemed to start the conversation.

Sighing, Mollie started with an awkward, "Hi."

"Hi." Dustin said. Catching his breath finally, he continued, "Do you have a spare bike that I could use. I missed the bus to the mall and the next one doesn't come for about half an hour."

Turning to look to the basement, Mollie shouted, "Mike!" Hearing no response, Mollie sighed and turned back to Dustin, saying something she thought she never offer. It was an impulsive desicion, but not a bad one. "I'm actually going to Starcourt, do you wanna ride?"

With his mouth a gape, Dustin almost looked like he wanted to hug the Wheeler. Refraining from doing so, Dustin excitedly spoke, "Mollie Wheeler! I owe you one."

"Don't mention it." Mollie said, growing embarrassed in the face, as she grabbed her keys and walked over to the car.

- 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨 -

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝. Dustin had acted overly excited, yet still hadn't said why he was truly going to Starcourt – especially when he wasn't with his friends. Mollie nodded along, at least she got to play the music that made her comfortable.

Parking up by in the parking lot of Starcourt mall, Mollie got out of the car with still one question on her mind, "Uh... So why do you want to, um, come here anyways?"

"To see him." Dustin said. Looking at Mollie, had expected to her to realise, but she didn't. Forcing her to say, "Yeah well every time you say him it's sounds more and more cryptic."

"You know him." Dustin whispered almost in secret, "My friend."

Furrowing her eyebrows, Mollie questioned, "Will, Mike, Lucas?"

"No Steve, Mollie!" Dustin exclaimed in frustration, opening the doors to the mall. "Steve Harrington, him!"

Opening her eyes in shock, Mollie sarcastically said, "Wow you couldn't tell me his name."

"This is a sacred friendship, Mollie. Not everyone gets to know. Consider yourself lucky." Dustin explained as he hastily walked over to Scoops Ahoy. Amused and stunned, Mollie let out a chuckle, shaking her head at the Henderson's antics as she tried to keep up with him.

Finally giving up on catching him, Mollie walked over to another store. This left Dustin to have his sacred friendship reunion with him.

- 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨 -

𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲. Bright colours and sluty yet preppy outfits were the way to go. Unfortunately, that was the opposite of what Mollie was comfortable with. She tended to go for the darker and more reserved look, preferring comfort over style.

Mollie was determined to change this, not until after summer though. So, a more gradual shift would be occurring. Slowly but surely replacing one item of clothing for another.

The stores had an unnatural smell of perfume and blasted Madonna for every ear to consume. Walking out of the shop with bags in her hands, Mollie spotted (to her surprise) her brother, Mike.

Making eye contact the three walked up to Mollie, Mike harshly asking, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I think your sister can go where she wants." Lucas defended Mollie.

Mollie liked Lucas. He was as kind as the rest of the group. Sure, he'd like to make fun of people, but it never was malicious. For Lucas Sinclair had a big heart. One that was open to anyone who would be nice to him.

Waving at Mollie, Will smiled and mouthed his greetings. The Wheeler doing the same. Meanwhile Mike had his intentions set on something else, "Do you have any spare change?"

"So, you're saying that I shouldn't be here and now you're asking me for money?" Mollie asked, a smirk forming on her lips as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, Mike." Lucas teased, nudging the shoulder of his friend.

"I need an I'm sorry gift!" Mike said, his frustration filling ever corner of his face and voice, "Okay?"

Leaning in, Mollie had a shock look on her face, asking in all seriousness, "Has someone died?"

"No, I need to say I'm sorry." Mike explained defensively. It felt embarrassing that not only did his friends know he messed up, but so did his sister. And the one thing about Mike is, he may try to seem as if he does not care about other people's opinions, but he does. Especially when it comes to his relationship with his girlfriend. He wanted to be a good boyfriend, and the fact that he was not being it now (to no fault of his) was heartbreaking for him. Rolling his eyes, Mike threw his hands up in the air and spoke, "You know what? This is bullshit."

"You're bullshit." Mollie fired back to her brother without hesitation.

Looking at the three faces that stood in front of her it was clear that Will was bored and uncomfortable, Mike was frustrated and stressed, and Lucas was enjoying himself yet getting stressed by Mike and his antics as well.

Wanting to make them disappear (and Will to become more comfortable), Mollie sighed, "Look here is 3 dollars each." Giving them the money, she patted Will's shoulder, continuing, "Go get yourself an ice cream... If you're truly sorry, you don't need an I'm sorry gift."

Walking off, Mollie heard a loud mixture of gratitude from each of the boy. Smiling to herself, Mollie aimed to head home, and get the clothes into her closet.

- 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨 -

𝐌𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫. Dealing with a customer, Robin was bouncy her leg up and down. Itching for the interaction to be over so she could keep to her words.

As soon as said customers left, the Buckley was off chasing down Mollie through Starcourt.

Mollie could hear her name being called multiple times. Turning around, she was prepared for embarrassment that this person was not calling for her. Instead, this person was.

Robin Buckley slowed down as she made eye contact with Mollie. Approaching her, she smiled, saying, "Hi."

"Uh... Hey?" Mollie responded politely, but her response sounded more like a question. Confusion laced throughout her voice.

"I was-I was wondering if you would, uh, want to come into Scoops?" Robin asked nervously, "I mean you don't have to. I don't mind. Really. It's just... I- I mean Steve. No, actually, I need to a break from working and Steve. Yeah, Steve he's kinda found a child friend of his... Dustin. Yes, Dustin! His name is Dustin – doesn't matter really. Would you?"

Staring at awe in Robin's ability to ramble, all Mollie could say was, "Sure."

"Yes!" Robin cheered. Grabbing Mollie's hand, she led her to the store apologising, "Sorry, I don't have the strongest sense of when to stop. I just ramble on and on. My mother tells me all the time, so if it happens just tell me, or hit me if you can't get a word in. Because I could talk for the country if you're not careful."

Hearing the Wheeler laugh at her, Robin (red in the face) turned her head to look at Mollie, who held an amused look on her face. "What?"

"You're, uh... You're doing it now." Mollie giggled, causing Robin to become even redder, letting go of the Wheeler's hand, as the two walked into Scoops Ahoy, "You're literally rambling about rambling."

"I told you my mouth moves faster than my brain." Robin said with a pout of her face. Walking around the counter, she took Mollie's bags out of her hand, and placed them on the floor, saying, "I'm sorry."

Following Robin round the side, Mollie smiled reassuringly, "Don't be."

The two quite naturally eased into a conversation. So, well that Robin forgot that she even had to ask about what happened with Mollie and Billy. The two talked about movies, tv shows and books they had been reading. And while Robin served customers, the two would comment on their outfits and their taste in ice cream when they were gone.

Meanwhile Steve and Dustin were loudly playing a tape in the backroom, unaware of how loud they were being. They were so loud; the two girls were sure that that the Russian person they were translating could hear them.

Currently dealing with an obnoxious Erica Sinclair, Robin scooped her out another sample for her. This time being mint chocolate. Placing the sample spoon in the box, Erica rudely asked, "Can I try the peppermint stick?"

"Haven't you already tried the peppermint stick?" Robin asked bluntly all the joy from her conversation previously with Mollie.

Smiling harshly, Erica Sinclair, "Yes, and I'd like to try it again."

Facing Mollie, Robin rolled her eyes and yelled, "Steve!"

Laughing, Mollie helped Robin grab a sample of peppermint ice cream for Erica, asking, "What the hell is going on in there?"

"They've been doing this before I stole you." Robin mumbled with a quiet chuckle, taking Erica's her newest sample from Mollie with a small Thanks.

Raising her eyebrows, Mollie questioned the Buckley in shock, "Really?"

"Yep, I think I'm gonna go insane." Robin practically sung through gritted teeth as Erica try to call her name to get her another sample. Knowing she was being ignored, Erica resulted in ringing the bell repeatedly.

Taking a brief glance at Erica, Mollie asked, "Because of Erica or the boys?"

Looking to Mollie, Robin let out a small laugh, "Both."

Handing the sample to Erica, Robin felt Mollie's eyes burning into the back of her. Turning around, she looked to Mollie – who had a large smile on her face. Nodding in the direction of the break room, Mollie came up with an idea in her head and asked, "Do you wanna translate some fucking Russian?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 14.2K 46
"i'm totally not high enough for this." "you're not high at all." "my point exactly, princess." [STRANGER THINGS] [FEMALE OC] [SEQUEL IS UP!]
214K 4.4K 89
"That's the beauty of Hawkins... we're always in mortal danger." [Seasons 1-4 โœ”๏ธ] Highest rankings: ~ #1 under Joe Keery ~ #1 under Henderson ~ #1 un...
36.7K 623 22
In which one of the new girls and one of the nerds started off by getting annoyed by each other and grew to like each other. or In which Arabella Ma...
840 20 14
Jillian Byers was (similar to her twin) an outcast. She didn't have many friends and actually cared about grades, unlike any of the other girls in he...