Good for you

Autorstwa khaleesiiiipo

Lila is just starting to live her new life after college but she feels the breeze from the past that is comin... Więcej

Authors note
♥ Good for you - 1. Chapter - Short Intro ♥
2. - Alex's post on Instagram
3. Cigarettes After Sex
4. Felix is home
5. Harvey's truth
6. Drunk and sober at the same time
7. "See you at the old place?"
8. "To me, he's dead."
9. Smells like hospital
10. Stalking Ex
11. The Gig
12. Alex + Di
13. Ford Capri MK 3
14. The long lost letter
15. Job interview
16. Hangover
17. F*cking bowling
18. Friends, maybe?
19. "I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you"
20. Ocean Drive
A/N - check it out!
21. "When she was mine"
22. Broken wall, broken phone, broken heart
23. How does it feel?
24. The first one
25. A Month Different
26. Answers, maybe?
28. Purple & Yellow ♡

27. Friday means party

27 6 7
Autorstwa khaleesiiiipo

I stared at Niel and waited for an answer. He had a bunch of bags in his hand with who knows what.

"Harvey, you Jerk! Watch where you're going! "

"Quit bitching Niel. What's the hurry? "

"I was doing some errands for Carrie. Lila's having her birthday tomorrow so I'm helping Carrie prepare a surprise party for her tonight. "

"You really got a crush on Carrie, huh?" – I tried to calm my tensions and relive a normal conversation with a good friend and pretended like I wasn't interested in anything about Lila's birthday surprise.

"What am I going to do when she's brilliant?" – Niel proudly stated – "I would invite you to the party dude, you know that. But given what's happened, I'd better talk to Carrie about it, and then I'll get back to you. "

"No need. I'm sure she won't miss me. "

We exchanged a few more words and after that, I finally entered the Pub and started discussing with the boys about presenting our new songs – rather say - album. And my song got on the album too. I wrote it one night when I tried to erase Lila from my memory. And from my mobile phone. I never told the boys to whom it was devoted to, but they loved it so much and we decided to put it on the album.

"I'm as excited as a little child getting his first toy! So what did we agree on? "– Kevin asked trying to order a new round of beer.

"If everything goes according to plan, we'll release the album next week. Thursday, maybe? "– Edwin continued – "You have to do at least one photo shooting by the end of next week! Harvey, I am looking at you! You have no choice! You're a big part of this album, just as much as the band. You must get used to the glory!"

I nod to confirm. Although I'm still pretty surprised how people recognize me and want to take a picture with me. But it only happens if I go somewhere away from my house. Which is rare.

"Then, the next point of this meeting; the interviews."

"What about them?" – Kevin asked and drank half a glass of beer. At 9 a.m.

"I believe when we release a new album that there will be a lot of interest and reporters asking random questions. I told my good friend who is also a journalist everything so that he will be the first to talk to you and report everything."

I wasn't thrilled by that idea. I can talk about the band and songs but I know that as soon as they see and hear my song Good For You, they will have a thousand and one questions about who it is for and how the song was created. And I'm not ready to talk about how after the outburst of rage I broke my fist, cried, drank too many antibiotics, smashed my mobile phone, got drunk, tore up a couple of notebooks filled with failed songs until the right inspiration struck me. I'm not ready to tell everybody that only one smile and the sound of the same has managed to get me to write my probably best love-misery song.

"If no one has anything to add, I can only tell you to go out tonight and enjoy yourselves! You deserve it. I've tortured you too much in the last month."

"No, No. It's called tough love Edwin! We can only thank you, old man! Let's all go out together tonight. Not as a band, but as regular guys eager to party, okay? "

"I would just like to thank each and every one of you for taking me so well in the band and, of course, giving me a second chance when I blew it."

I didn't want to sound desperate, so after a short thank you, I punched Philip in the shoulder. We finished the drinks, arranged the plans for the evening, and I was quickly headed to the doctor's office to do hopefully last checkup.

Lila at the moment:

Since its Friday, I prayed to myself that Bridget wouldn't keep me here today until late night hours. I wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon with Chris.

I've been through with the paperwork for a while now, and I'm finishing with updating social networks. All I have to do is visit Bridget's office.

I knocked easily and waited for her signal to come in.

"Go ahead!"

Bridget is a really nice, smart woman. I don't understand why Chris would reject her. But maybe it's better if I don't know.

"Lila, what do you need?"

"I wanted to inform you that I have completed the necessary paperwork, everything is in place and ready for your signatures. I also updated and refreshed all our social networks... So I was wondering... "

"Could you go home today at a normal time?"

"Well... Only if you don't need me. "

"As far as that goes, I'd like to apologize. I know I've been a little overwhelmed with your work for the last few weeks but it's only because I trust you and I see so much potential in you. I want you to learn by my side, firsthand and in the end, for you to gather as much experience and skills as you can. I'm sorry if I was too harsh on you. "

I was astonished by her honesty and I was glad to hear such a thing from her.

"I'm glad and honored that I have a chance to learn from you! Thank you for your kind words. Don't worry, you were great! "

"And of course you can go home. Now if you're done as you say. "

"Yes, it's all settled! Thanks again. Have a nice weekend! "

"When were you going to tell me it's your birthday tomorrow?" – Chris asked me while getting up from his bed where we just had sex in.

"Wait, how did you find out?!"

"I accidentally rearranged some of the papers of all employees and ran into your CV. But why didn't you tell me?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. In the last few years, I've only spent it with my family and my two best friends. "– by saying this I recalled that I would only celebrate with one this year. Carrie.

"If I had known, I would have prepared something for you. Bought a gift or..."

"Come on, Chris, don't worry! If you want, we can have dinner with Carrie and her boyfriend tomorrow? "

"Great idea. Let me know the details! "

I was lying there for a few more moments until I remembered I had to meet Carrie. I looked at my watch and noticed that I was about ten minutes late. For the first time in my life.

"Shit! I forgot about Carrie! "

"Should I drive you?"

"Yes, please!"

I called her and explained how I was on my way. She said she was waiting for me at the Niel's because it is raining heavily outside.

I was squeezing the doorbell button for the third time, and there was no answer. I knocked, rang again, but nothing. I pressed the handle and the door was unlocked. It was dark in there, only a small source of light came from the living room.

What do you have planned now, Carrie? I thought as I saw a giant box in the middle of a coffee table with a note.

"Don't be mad at me and forgive me for not being here. In the box is everything you need to get ready, as well as the dress and shoes. At exactly 8 p.m. a limo will come for you. Niel was so nice that he gave you the apartment by then. Trust me! I'll see you then. Love, Carrie"

The color of the dress was a beautiful purple soft. My favorite color. And the heels weren't too high. Just the way I like them. She's really crazy and I love her for that!

I accepted this chaos and began to get ready in the ignorance of what awaits me. I can expect anything since this is Carrie.

The clock was ticking at exactly eight o'clock and I heard the doorbell ring.

The driver was polite. He opened the door of the limo for me and when I asked him where we were going, he just smiled and started driving...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

28.2K 518 34
Falling for your best friends brother is never a good idea...right? *********** Rosie & Liz have been best friends since forever and have now graduat...
947 1 37
In the second book following "How it was Left" - By the summer before their junior year, Zooey proposes a promise that she and Lila won't let anythi...
1.7K 148 20
Gabriella was SO ready for college. I mean a fresh start at her dream college with her best friend? Who wouldn't be ready for that. However college I...
123K 1.8K 26
𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠. �...