Down For The Count (A Lego Ni...

Per Fire_Oblivious

Kai gets sent out on a 'mission' all by himself but things don't go as planed when Kai doesn't come back... Més

Chapter 1: The Mission
Chapter 2: A Distraction?
Chapter 3: Arrival
Chapter 4: Figuring It Out
Chapter 5: A New Challenger Appears
Chapter 6: Not Here
Chapter 7: Kai?!
Chapter 8: Telling
Chapter 9: Stabilised
Chapter 10: Tired
Chapter 11: Worried
Chapter 12: Awake Yet?
Chapter 13: Arguments
Chapter 15: Rising and Falling
Chapter 16: Back again?
Chapter 17: Taller or Shorter?
Chapter 18: So close...
Chapter 19: Meetings
Chapter 20: Damsel In Distress
Chapter 21: The Search
Chapter 22: Undercover
Chapter 23: Boss Battle
Chapter 24: Frustration
Chapter 25: Explanations

Chapter 14: Not Great

4.3K 99 63
Per Fire_Oblivious

The same night~

It was late at night. The only light in the room was coming from the moon, which was glistening its rays through the singular window. Almost the whole ship was silent, the only sounds that were audible were coming from the recovery room. The movement of bed sheets could be heard as someone was writhing in their sleep. The sounds of short, ragged breaths were also coming from this person and small beads of sweat formed on his head, reflecting small droplets of the moon. They wore a pained expression and their fists gripped the bed sheets tightly, while their eyes were screwed tightly shut.

In Kai's dream~

He looked around, but all he could see was darkness. He figured that he must have been alone in the dark area he was in, wherever he was... but he called out to see if anyone was here with him.

Kai: "Hello?"

There was no response. Then suddenly, without any warning a very sharp pain came across him as his head began to throb with pain. He placed his hands on either sides of his head and he tried to block out the source of this pain, but it didn't work. He grunted as the pain he felt grew.

Kai: "Arg..."

His eyes were tightly shut, and his hands remained on his head. While his eyes were shut, an image started to form around him slowly.

The silence was interrupted, by a deep, heavy voice.

???: "Heh... Look at the red ninja cowering in fear!"
Kai: "Arg... W-who's there?!"

He tried to open his eyes slightly but was still squinting from the pain. When he did manage to open his eyes he could just about see that he was no longer just floating in darkness. He was now in a relatively dark room with plain, grey walls and no doors.

He looked around to find the source of the voice, but there was no one else in there with him.

???: "What's wrong little ninja? Scared?"
Kai: "N-no! I'm not scared of anything! Especially some dumb voice"

Kai had managed bear through the pain and stand up while he began to look around the room frantically. He was stood in an offensive state, ready to attack anything that appeared.

???: "Aw... How sweet. The little flame trying to act all tough. But I wonder... what happens when we add a little fun to the equation?"
Kai: "What are you-"

Not a second later Kai fell to the floor with an even bigger headache than before and he screamed with pain. His hands returned to the sides of his head as he desperately tried to get rid of the pain somehow.

Kai: "ARGH!"
???: "What's the matter flames? Can't take the heat?"
Kai: "S...stop I-it hurts!"
???: "Well it's about to get a whole. Lot. Worse."

End of dream:

Kai woke up with a scream and sat up quickly, gasping for all the air he could get. But he soon realised that was a mistake when his head began to throb in pain.

Kai: "Arghhhh... stupid head..."

He was panting from his nightmare and tried to wipe some of the sweat of his head, which was ultimately useless. He felt horrible, he hadn't had a nightmare like that in years. He had almost forgotten what it felt like.

He would never admit it, but he was curious about what the mysterious voice had meant, and maybe he was a little freaked out...

Kai: *sniff* "Ughh..."

It was obvious to him that he needed to get himself cleaned up, and lucky for him there was a bathroom just opposite the room he was in. He didn't know what time it was, but it was dark outside which meant the other ninja must be asleep, so he had to be careful enough not to wake anybody up.

He pulled the covers of him and slid his legs over the edge of the bed as he tried to stand, but with his leg in a cast, and the nightmare he just experienced it didn't go as planned. As he stood his knees became weak and shaky which made him just fall straight back down and landed on his injured arm with a not-so-quiet thud.

Kai: "Ugh... oww. Come on!"

He used the cabinet next to him to stand up again, this time without falling over. However his whole body was aching.

He tried to walk over to the door, but he found it very difficult. So he had to waddle instead, taking small steps.

Once he made it to the door he opened it and looked out both ways to see if he could see anyone, all of the lights were off when he got a really bad feeling, like he was being watched. He looked left. There was nothing there. Then he looked right...

There was nothing there either.

But when he turned his head in front of him to look at the bathroom, he could've sworn he saw something red out of the corner of his eyes, in the place he was just looking at. He tried to ignore it though, and was just focusing on what he needed to do at this moment.

He waddled over to the bathroom door, and had to open it with his left hand because his right hand was hurting too much at the moment.

He opened the door, walked in and closed the door behind him. He managed to use the bathroom, somehow, and was now stood in front of the mirror.

He sighed as he looked at all of his cuts and bruises. And those were just the ones he could see. He also looked really pale too. He was still sweating so he tried to wash his face with some cold water, but he only had one hand.

As he splashed the water on is face he looked at himself one last time as he whispered,

Kai: "...fucking hell..."

He dried his face and waddled back to his room, slowly as he only had one working leg and arm, and collapsed on his bed from exhaustion.

He almost instantly fell asleep again with no effort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Kai was woken up by a very high pitch sound. Jay.

Jay: "And so I'll read a book, or maybe two or three-"
Kai: "Jayyyy..."

His voice was muffled by the pillow that was in his face.

Jay: "I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery-"
Kai: "Jay" *cough*
Jay: "I'll play guitar and knit, and cook and-"

He couldn't stand the sound anymore. He sat up and looked at the other guy in the room.

Kai: "JAY!" *cough cough*
Jay: "Oh! Hey Kai! Didn't know you were awake."
Kai: "I wasn't until you woke me up. What are you doing anyway?"

His voice was still a bit scratchy.

Jay: "Oh, I was just tidying up a bit."
Kai: "While singing?"
Jay: "What can I say? I'm a Disney fan!"
Kai: "I gathered that..." Achoo!

Jay looked away from what he was doing and looked towards Kai, taking in his features.

Jay: "Woah dude... you don't look so good. You feeling okay?"
Kai: "I'm fine... just... hungry that's all."

Kai gave a reassuring smile to him, which worked to convince him. Jay smiled back at him.

Jay: "Oh okay I'll tell Zane to make some extra pancakes for you!"
Kai: "Yeah... thanks."
Jay: "Back in a sec!"

Then Jay left the room, leaving Kai to his thoughts. It had to be pretty early now considering Jay was awake and Kai still felt like hell. He felt like he could just fall asleep and never wake up. Of course Jay would probably wake him up again by making his ears bleed. Kai thought Jay was terrible at singing and he got really angry when Jay woke him and the team up for a week straight like that, he ended up setting him on fire.

He smiled at the memory but his thoughts were interrupted when Jay walked back into the room with Cole.

Kai: "Oh hey Cole!" *sniff*
Cole: "Woah... you look like death."

Kai rolled his eyes at the comment.

Jay: "See? I told you!"

Kai tried to get his legs over the side of the bed so he could sit up and move around. He didn't like staying still for so long at a time.

Cole: "Woah woah woah, where do you think you're going mister?"
Kai: "Uh, to the bathroom?"

Jay and Cole looked at him as they both folded their arms and looked at him sceptically.

Jay: "No you're not!"
Kai: "And why is that?"
Jay: "Because we were given strict orders from General Nya to 'not let Kai out of your sight or else!'"
Kai: "Well, sorry to break it to you guys but I need to piss at some point."
Cole: "Well we're not gonna get beaten up by Nya!"
Kai: "Ughhh just let me go!"

Kai tried to stand up by himself but once again failing miserably and began to fall forwards, until Cole caught him.

Cole: "Like I said, nope."
Kai: "What am I suppose to do then?!"

Kai was still in Cole's grip, and his chest began to hurt a bit from the pressure but he brushed it off.

Jay: "You can't even walk by yourself at the moment! So how about we wait until Nya comes by?"
Kai: "But that could take forever!"
Cole: "Stop whining you sound like a kid."
Kai: "I don't care!"

Then he tried to break out of Cole's grip.

Cole: "I have super strength man, not gonna happen."
Kai: "Y-yeah well... I have fire!"

Then Kai tried to light his hand on fire to toast Cole up a little bit, but nothing happened. He looked worriedly at his hands as nothing appeared.

Kai: "W-what?"

He tried again, focusing on the flame that was supposed to appear in his hand. But still nothing happened.

Kai: "No..."
Jay: "Where's your power gone?"
Zane: "I suspect he is just really tired right now."

Jay and Cole turned around at the sudden new voice and were met with Zane stood in the doorway.

Jay and Cole: "AH!"

Because Zane appeared out of nowhere and scared Jay and Cole, Cole ended up dropping Kai and he landed on his bad arm. Again.

Kai: "Ow! Watch it!"
Cole: "Crap sorry Kai..."

Cole helped Kai up and put him so he was sitting on the bed.

Jay and Cole both glared towards Zane slightly.

Jay: "DON'T scare me like that!"
Zane: "My apologies. I was just bringing these pancakes for Kai."
Kai: "Oh... Right..."
Cole: "Well next time knock!"

Zane placed the plate of food on Kai's cabinet.

Zane: "You don't look so good Kai."
Jay: "We know!"

But Kai didn't respond, he was just starring at his hand. Cole came up to him and waved a hand in front of his face to get his attention.

Cole: "Hello? Earth to Kai?"
Jay: "Pfft..."
Cole: "What's so funny?"
Jay: "Earth to Kai... HAHA nice one!"
Cole: "That's not even- you know what never mind."
Zane: "Kai?"

Still no response.

Jay: "KAI!!"
Kai: "Ow! Loud... huh?"
Cole: "You were just staring off into space there pal."
Kai: "Oh..."

The three looked towards him, worry evident on their faces. Cole was the first to speak up.

Cole: "You Okay?"
Kai: "Why isn't my power working?!"

He looked directly at Zane, as if he would know.

Zane: "Like I said, it's most likely that you've gone through a lot, and just need to rest."

Kai didn't seem satisfied with that answer.

Kai: "Or what if it's just gone?"
Jay: "Gone?"
Kai: "Gone!"
Cole: "Why would it be gone?"
Kai: "I-I don't know..." *cough*
Zane: "I'm certain it will come back soon Kai, just get some rest."

He placed a hand on Kai's head and tried to comfort him. But he just hit his hand away.

Kai: "I don't want anymore rest!"
Jay: "Uh Oh Kai's going turbo..."
Zane: "You have no choice Kai! You need to rest or you won't get better."
Cole: "Come on Kai, just lay back down-"
Kai: "No! I need to talk to Lloyd."

Then everyone stopped talking and they all averted their gaze away from Kai.

Kai: "Guys? Where's Lloyd?"

Nobody wanted to answer. The room became silent.

Cole: "We... uh..."
Jay: "WE DON'T KNOW!"
Kai: "Loud... and WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DONT KNOW?!"

Cole and Zane glared towards Jay for saying it so bluntly, with him just nervously laughing and shrugging his shoulders.

Zane decided he should answer.

Zane: "When we woke up this morning, Lloyd was nowhere to be seen."
Kai: "Well where did he go?!"
Jay: "What part of 'we don't know' didn't you understand?"

Cole and Zane continued to glare at Jay a bit more, but this time he didn't notice.

Kai couldn't think with all of the tension in the air.

Kai: "...can I just get some time to myself please?... I need to think about some things..." *cough cough*
Zane: "Of course."
Jay: "Fine..."
Cole: "Mkay."

They all left the room once again leaving Kai to his thoughts.

He was starring intensely at his hand, trying to get a flame to ignite, but it still wasn't working.

Then his gaze went over to the pancakes Zane left him on his cabinet and he began to think...

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

7.3K 304 34
(Tw- Murder, death, etc.) ✿"Have you seen a girl who is named (Y/n) that has (H/c), (E/c) and has a little bit of a red stripe in her hair?" "You mea...
724 25 33
A few months after Nya's Passing the ninja discover there is a serial killer on the loose in Ninjago. When Kai runs off after discovering one of the...
3.4K 140 13
You know what it's like in Ninjago... Ninjago is safe for only a while and the ninja have to fight a villain... Well...? What if this 'villain' was a...
56.7K 1.3K 42
Storys of Ninjagos ninja Cole and Kai, these stories can contain fights, blood, aggression, sexual tension and more. Some oneshots start off with the...