The Goblet of Fire | Hermione...

By kieran_w

Your fourth year at Hogwarts welcomes new schools and new problems. More

Book Four
1. Frank Bryce
2. The Invite
3. Harry's Arrival
4. The Portkey
5. The Quidditch World Cup
7. The Aftermath Of The Attack
8. Back To School
9. The Triwizard Tournament
10. Professor Moody
11. Durmstrang And Beauxbatons
12. The Goblet Of Fire
13. The Hogwarts Champions
14. Four Champions
15. A Rivalry
16. Rita Skeeter
17. Dragons
18. The First Task
19. The Golden Egg
20. McGonagall's Announcement
21. The Yule Ball
22. The Second Task
23. Witch Weekly
24. Father And Son
25. Confessions
26. The Third Task
27. Grandfather And Grandson
28. The End Of Fourth Year

6. The Dark Mark

8.8K 283 78
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

After all the celebrations, we started making our way back to our tent.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr Weasley told Fred and George as we all made our way down the stairs. Their outrageous bet of Ireland winning but Krum catching the Snitch had made them owners of a very large sum of money.

"Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

We were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. When we finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around us, Mr Weasley agreed that we could all have one cup of hot chocolate together. We had decided that I would be in the girls' tent, I didn't really get a say in it but it was now decided.

We were soon arguing enjoyably about the match, Mr Weasley got drawn into a disagreement with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr Weasley insisted that everyone go to bed. Me, Hermione and Ginny went into the next tent, and the others stayed.

When I arrived in the other tent, I felt quite awkward. There was only one room and there was one single bed and one double bed. I was assuming that I, being the only boy, would be sleeping on the single bed, but Ginny had other plans.

"But I want the single bed!" Ginny whined.

"Ginny..." Hermione said in a quiet voice.

"Isn't it logical that I have the single bed?" I said, looking at the red-headed girl.

Ginny had an evil smile on her face. "But Hermione would much prefer to sleep next to you than me."

Hermione went bright red and covered her face with her hands. Ginny kept on insisting that she would have the single bed so I had no choice but to give in.

When the girls went to the small bathroom to brush their teeth, I got changed. I removed my jeans and instead put on comfortable grey joggers. Then I took off my plain white shirt and threw it near my bag and the rest of my belongings. Realising that I didn't take my pyjama shirt, I started looking for it but to no success. I cursed internally, I must've left it at home.

Hermione's POV

Ginny was making fun of me in the bathroom whilst we were brushing our teeth and when we walked back to the room, we saw a shirtless Y/N, looking quite annoyed.

Ginny cleared her throat and Y/N turned around, embarrased and flustered. His torso was muscular as well, with visible abs. I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"U-uh, I left my pyjama shirt at home...can I sleep on the single bed? I d-don't want to make uh 'M-mione uncomfortable."

Ginny smirked and shook her head before launching herself onto the single bed, leaving me standing there, still slightly staring at Y/N.

Eventually, I got into the bed. Y/N climbed in next to me and the warmth of his body made me blush, luckily it was dark. Ignoring his presence, I turned over and tried to sleep. Finally, I managed to drift off to sleep...

Y/N's POV

"HERMIONE! Y/N! GINNY! WAKE UP!" I heard a voice yell.

I jolted awake, waking Hermione up as well since my arms were hugging her body. Going slightly red, I jumped out the bed and put on the shirt from the match (the only reason I didn't wear it to sleep was because that it stank).

We rushed out the tent and saw everyone else, looking panicked.

A crowd of masked wizards were marching slowly across the field. High above them, floating along in midair, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes. It was as though the masked wizards on the ground were puppeteers, and the people above them were marionettes operated by invisible strings that rose from the wands into the air.

One of the marchers below flipped the woman upside down with his wand, her nightdress fell down to reveal her underwear and she struggled to cover herself up as the crowd below her screeched and hooted with glee. At that moment, I felt like I was going to throw up.

"We're going to help the Ministry!" Mr Weasley shouted over all the noise. "You lot, get into the woods, and stick together. I'll come and fetch you when we've sorted this out!"

Bill, Charlie, and Percy were already sprinting away, Mr Weasley tore after them. Ministry wizards were dashing from every direction toward the source of the trouble.

"C'mon," said Fred, grabbing Ginny's hand and starting to pull her toward the wood.

Me, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Issac and George followed. We all looked back as they reached the trees. We could see the Ministry wizards trying to get through it to the hooded wizards in the centre, but they were having great difficulty.

Anxious shouts and panicked voices were all around us in the cold night air. I then heard Ron yell with pain.

"What happened?" said Hermione anxiously, stopping so abruptly that I walked into her. "Ron, where are you? Oh this is stupid, lumos!"

She illuminated her wand and directed it across the path. Ron was lying sprawled on the ground.

"Tripped over a tree root," he said angrily, getting to his feet again.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to," said a voice from behind us.

Draco Malfoy was standing alone nearby, leaning against a tree, looking utterly relaxed. His arms folded, he seemed to have been watching the scene at the campsite through a gap in the trees.

"Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?" Malfoy said maliciously, looking at Hermione.

"What's that supposed to mean?" said Hermione defiantly.

"Granger, they're after Muggles." said Malfoy. "D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around...they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh."

"Hermione's a witch," I snarled.

"Have it your own way, L/N," said Malfoy, grinning, "if you think they can't spot a Mudblood, stay where you are."

"You watch your mouth!" shouted Ron.

"Never mind, Ron," said Hermione quickly.

There came a bang from the other side of the trees, several people screamed. "Scare easily, don't they?" he said lazily. "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? What's he up to, trying to rescue the Muggles?"

"Where're your parents?" I said. "Out there wearing masks, are they?"

Malfoy turned his face to me, still smiling.

"Well...if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I?"

"Oh come on," said Hermione, with a disgusted look at Malfoy, "let's go and find the others."

We jogged back to where everyone else was meant to be, I kept on bumping into other people since everyone was still trying to escape this scene. Finally, the hoard of people managed to catch me off balance and I fell to the ground, blacking out.

"MORSMORDRE!"

When I regained consciousness, something green, and glittering erupted from the patch of darkness. It flew up over the treetops and into the sky.

It was a colossal skull, comprised of what looked like emerald stars, with a serpent protruding from its mouth like a tongue. As I watched, it rose higher and higher, blazing in a haze of greenish smoke, etched against the black sky like a new constellation.

"The Dark Mark..." I muttered to myself, I got up shakily to my feet and tried to look for Hermione and the others.

I managed to find them and they looked guilty as they didn't know that the crowd had trampled over me. My head still hurt and I think I had a few cuts on my face.

Suddenly... "STUPEFY !"

"Stop!" yelled a voice I recognised. "STOP! That's my son!"

Mr Weasley was walking towards us,

"Ron, Harry," his voice sounded shaky, "Y/N, Hermione - are you all right?"

"Out of the way, Arthur," said a cold voice.

It was Mr Crouch. His face was filled with rage.

"Which of you did it?" he snapped, his sharp eyes darting between us. "Which of you conjured the Dark Mark?"

"We didn't do that!" said Harry, gesturing up at the skull.

"We didn't do anything!" said Ron, who was rubbing his elbow and looking at his father. "What did you want to attack us for?"

"Do not lie, sir!" shouted Mr Crouch. His wand was pointing directly at Ron, he looked slightly mad. "You have been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Barty," whispered a witch, "they're kids, Barty, they'd never have been able to-"

"Where did the Mark come from, you three?" said Mr Weasley quickly.

"Over there," said Hermione shakily, pointing at the place where they had heard the voice, "there was someone behind the trees..."

Mr Crouch looked around and then focused on me. "How come you're not saying anything? Did you conjure it?"

I shook my head quickly. "No sir, I had just regained consciousness."

None of the Ministry wizards apart from Mr Crouch seemed to think it remotely likely that we had conjured the skull.

"We're too late," said the witch, "they'll have Disapparated."

"I don't think so," said Amos Diggory, "our Stunners went right through those trees, there's a good chance we got them."

Mr Diggory raised his wand and disappeared into the darkness.

A few seconds later, they heard Mr Diggory shout.

"Yes! We got them! There's someone here! Unconscious! It's-but-blimey..."

"You've got someone?" shouted Mr Crouch, sounding highly disbelieving. "Who? Who is it?"

Mr Diggory reemerged from behind the trees. He was carrying a tiny, limp figure in his arms.

It was Winky, Crouch's house elf, with a wand in her hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 7.8K 34
Your fifth year at Hogwarts is waiting for you, but the question is: will you be there?
221K 7.3K 26
Your second year at Hogwarts brings back old secrets and evil that you've been dragged into.
195K 6.4K 33
Your sixth year at Hogwarts comes with a task that brings life or death consequences.
4.8K 127 32
The next book in my Draco Malfoy stories, this one is obviously about the 4th year (Goblet of Fire). Started:10.01.2020 Completed: 3.02.2020 Achievem...