Gabriela Dawson. (Chicago Fir...

By zlauryn

Kind of crossover with One Chicago :) The car accident that changed Gabriela Dawson's life. Suicide Referenc... More

~ small intro
~ saturday night
~ coming home
~ back to normal

~ antonio's investigation

368 2 0
By zlauryn

Chicago, Illinois

Current Time - 9:10am

Gabriela Dawson - Gabby or Gabriela
Cate - Mom
Matthew Casey - Matt or Casey
Antonio Dawson - Antonio or Dawson
Chief Boden - Chief or Boden
Kelly Severide - Kelly or Severide
Erin Lindsay - Erin or Lindsay
Maggie
Stella Kidd - Stella or Kidd

Notes - Stella and Kelly are together, first relationship after Shay's death. (Fire #stellaride)
Erin and Antonio are together (PD #lintonio)

————————————————————————

"Hey hun, you feelin' alright?" Maggie asked.

I nod gingerly, making sure not to hurt myself, as I was only out of surgery 9 hours ago.

"Alright babe, the cops wanna talk to you." She says as Antonio and Erin walk through the door.

"Oh those cops.." I say laughing.

Antonio walks up and hugs me tightly and I see Erin smiling over Antonio's shoulder and I return the expression.

"Antonio, surely your not allowed to be part of this Investigation." I ask.

"Nah sis, it's a one off." He replies

I nod and laugh.

"So what's up?" I ask.

"We're looking at the collision, and from past records of this guy and the evidence we think it could be a potential suicide attempt. But just so you know, it definitely wasn't yours or Charley's faults." Says Erin.

I begin paying more attention as I wasn't really beforehand.

"Alright?" I say.

"Yeah, so we need a statement from you." She continues.

"Of what happened? I mean. It all happened so fast, I had my seatbelt off and I-" Antonio cuts me off.

"Are you crazy? I nearly lost my sister because she was too lazy to put on a seatbelt? You were going 45mph. God Gabby, do you know how lucky you are? You flew through the windscreen, suffered a full blown head trauma, an embedded wound! What else do you want?" He says firmly.

"I. I'm sorry Antonio but as Erin has stated it wasn't our fault. So stop complaining." I say.

I can't believe my brother just reprimanded  me in front of his girlfriend.

"Anyways, I didn't finish. It was either a suicide attempt or a homicide. Have you or Charley got any enemies? Ones that would be willing to kill you?" Erin asks.

"Uh no. I don't think so, but how did they know we were there." I reply.

"Like she said Gabby, we don't know what happened yet. That might not be the case, but we aren't sure yet. Just bare with us."  Antonio exclaims while shaking his head.

"Alright." I say.

Erin turns and leaves out the door and Antonio stays.

"I'm sorry sis, but I don't even know what I'd do without you." Antonio states.

Tears build up in my eyes, I'm fighting them back as hard as I can.

"I love you Antonio." I say

"I love you too sis," He replies, with a soft tone in his voice and I smile as he walks out the door.

————————————————————————

time skip - 3 hours

current time - 12:36pm

Chicago Med, Chicago, Illinois

————————————————————————

Severide and Kidd enter the room.

"Hey," Kelly says.

"Hi." I reply.

I smile widely. And Stella laughs.

"God Kelly, she ain't dead!" Stella exclaims.

That comment makes me giggle. I love this atmosphere, the awkwardness is funny. I do feel for Kelly though.

"Stella! He's trying to be nice!" I say between laughing fits.

Severide smiles awkwardly, and she just loses it.

"OMG Kelly just.. I can't even. Stop!" She says while hysterically laughing.

He shakes his head and sits in the corner, and mimics a small child's cry.

" Anyways babe, how are you." Stella asks.

I answer her question.

"Well, Antonio has just came and had a go at me. How's Matt? He was awful last night. And Charley? Apparently he's ok."

"Yeah, he was just pinned in. We used the K12 and a couple man-powered halligans to get him out, as soon as he got here he was checked out, he's fine, just a couple scratches, but he had his belt on Gabby. Matt blames himself you know." Kelly answers my question.

I instantly feel guilty and look away.

"I know, I know and it's nobody's fault but my own. All I'm asking myself is why I was stupid enough to do that." I say.

Stella pinches my chin gently and pulls my head up so we're facing each other.

"If we'd have lost you... If I'd have lost you. She says while staring into my hazelnut brown eyes and emphasising on the 'i'd'.

I nod. I get what I did. How stupid it was, how stupid I am, and I could've died. I was this close.

"God, what have I done." I say. A single salty tear rolling down my parched cheek.

"Hey don't, I just need you to understand." Stella says softly.

She pulls up a chair and sits next to me, Kelly copies. And we just drift off to sleep after a chat.

——

Antonio slams the doors open, scaring everyone awake.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He shouts.

"I? What are you talking about." I question.

"Cool it Antonio" Severide says.

"Don't tell me to cool it." He points his finger at me. "Gabby, what the hell?"

"What?" He's pissing me off now.

"It's not that you were sat down with your belt off. You were trying to get your phone? Your stupid. Stupid!" He screams and walks out the door.

"Seriously? What's his deal?" Stella asks

"He just split with his wife, my not-so-sister-in-law. And I'm pretty sure he's had a bad day." I reply.

"There was no need for that though!" She argues, "Have you not been through enough already?"

"Yeah, but it's Antonio. He trying to show he cares, he just struggles to do it in a calm way." I exclaim.

——

Lindsay quietly slips through the door.

"Hey, we've got something." She whispers.

"There's no need to be quiet, we'll see you later Gab." Stella Says

She and Kelly both gather their things and leave. Erin sits down in the closest seat to me. She's holding a couple case files, which I'm guessing she's going to show me.

She opens up the file. Turns out it's only one however it's incredibly thick.

"So this dude, his name is Jordon Treyarchy, 37 years old and he's only recently been released from lock up, for murder and arson." She says. "From research, he was planning to end his life last night, so we were right, it's not your fault he just wanted to kill himself."

My head fills full of questions.

"Why? Was he successful?" I ask

"His wife Laura Caine, left with their son several months back, from inn-mate reports, his plans were to kill himself on Saturday 12th after being unsuccessful in many custody court battles. And yes, he killed himself." Erin replies.

"Poor kid has no father now." I say, despite everything that happened between Louie, me and Matt, I still feel for him.

"Charley gave us a statement. He states 'Gabriela and I were heading to Walmart for frozen yogurt and then I was dropping her at her and matt's apartment. None of us were drinking. She wanted to go home because she felt ill earlier in the day. Gabby turned to get her phone from her purse on the backseat and I saw an SUV come straight at us at at least 70mph. She went flying, I never had time to warn her. I was fine, I didn't lose consciousness but I was enclosed tightly into the car, I couldn't get out. All I could think about was Gabby and I couldn't even help her.' That is what he said Gabby." She tells me

It takes me a minute to pick my jaw up and speak.

"Charley... he just wanted to help me. that breaks my heart." I say.

"But you now need to give a statement, let's do that now." She says.

I nod. She presses the record button on her phone.

"I was with Charley Tyler and we were leaving Firehouse 51 to Walmart for yogurt and then my apartment. I wanted to get my phone to ring Matt to ask him if he wanted anything so instead of asking to pull over I made a stupid decision to unbuckle my belt and grab it there and then. After everything just stopped I flew straight out and onto the road, and smacked my head. I must've landed on metal because I was impaled. I lost consciousness for a second and then was accompanied by Connor Rhodes a surgeon at Chicago Med, then the ambulance came and I was rushed to the hospital." I state.

"Thanks Gabby." Erin says. "Get some sleep, you gotta get examined soon."

I give her a hug and she leaves.

I lie there bored until I remember, I go to reach for my phone and the stitches on my side tear.

It stings horribly, like I'm being stabbed. I gasp for air. I look down and there's blood soaking into the sheets. The machine is going crazy.

The waiting room is just up the corridor and you can hear the machines bleeping from down there.

I scream as loud as I possibly can. Which isn't actually that loud. I'm in so much pain. It's killing me. Once again, a bad idea.

Oh my god! I feel so nauseated from the pain.

Brett and Boden run straight through the doors.

"Gabby?" Brett addresses me, I try to reply but words aren't coming out my mouth instead I look straight into her eyes and start shaking and hyperventilating again, like I did on the crash site.

Boden looks horrified, he screams for a nurse, and nothing happens.

"Seriously?" Brett says.

She runs over to me and lays the bed flat.

As quick as she can, she rips the covers off of me and grabs the scissors next to her. She cuts the gown and applies so much pressure to where the stitches ripped and I feel like I'm suffocating. She's trying to stop the bleeding.

Boden grabs the mask from next to me and holds it over my face forcing me to breathe.

"Gabby, breathe. Breathe for me." Boden pleads.

I'm not on any pain meds right now and I can feel EVERYTHING.

Finally Connor and Maggie run in and take over.

The nurse following administers drugs through the IV.

My sats drop, Brett is told she can help and knows I'm drifting off,

She runs over to behind me and I know what's coming.

Except I remember, or think I do.

The drug given was diazepam, it's going to relax my muscles so she can intubate, but I'll still be conscious.

I close my eyes, I don't want to watch.

"Hold on Gabby" Brett Says, Connor and Maggie are working on stopping the bleeding and closing my wound.

She knows what she's doing. I'm a master at intubation, I taught her well. And as far as I can tell she does it right.

My breathing stabilizes and the monitor calms down.

I didn't actually feel them stitch up my wound so they must've given me something for that too.

I hear Brett sigh of relief, and calm her own breathing down.

"Geez, I feel for her." Brett Says.

I smile in my mind, I love Brett she's always here for me.

I drift off into a deep sleep as the nurses clean up after the more experienced, superior staff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
290K 8.7K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
102K 9.1K 110
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
123K 5.1K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...