Up in the Stars

By sapphox

Enid is moving across the world to attend university. Away from all that she knows, she soon finds herself a... More

Introduction
Beginning
Goodbyes
A New Home
Encounters
A Universe Tilts
And Another
Crescendo
History
Break, Repair
Up and Up Again
Field of Propositions
Sublime
Tempo
Burn
Found
Ensemble
Taken Care Of
Golden
Fire
A New Normal
Breathless
Touch
Enigma
Answers
Missing
Reassurance
Piano Keys
Lies and Truths
Plans
Icy
Disobedience
Cold Men
Awaken
Reconstruction
Dwelling
Morning
Creation
Fiction
Scar
Barren Field
Screens
Heat
Fall
Arrival
Cacophony
Just in Case
Sharp
Yield
Checkmate
Off the Beaten Path
Trouble
Hallow
Stolen Moments
Alert
Deceit
Horror
Fading
Devastation
Body and Soul
Paroxysm
Tenacity
Subjugation
Zenith
Sunder
Static
Peachy
Molten
Shutter
Tethered
King, Devil, Angel
Life and Death
Eternity
Epilogue
Thank You / Vignettes
Beneath the Surface

Between the Shelves

244K 7.5K 4.6K
By sapphox

I've got a busy weekend ahead, so this will probably be the last update until Monday.

Hope you all enjoy!!!

❖     ❖     ❖

The library at the estate was quite possibly the most glorious thing she had ever seen.

Tall bookcases seemed to disappear into the high ceiling, stretching along the massive room.

It was nearly as large as the library at the university.

Thousands of colorful book spines waiting for her to explore.

Enid had loved books before she even learned how to read.

Everywhere she went, there was a collection of books tucked under her arm.

Over the years, they grew larger and heavier until her father bought her a wagon to carry them around in.

As she spun to look at the seemingly endless shelves, her fingers twitched with excitement.

"This is my favorite place in the entire estate." Dante said from behind her, his shoulder leaning against one of the dark wooden bookcases.

"It's magnificent." Her voice breathless in awe.

His smile was warm as he took in her elated expression.

"I'll leave you be to explore. Dinner is at seven." He ghosted his lips across hers before walking away.

His fingers phantom on her spine as he stepped away.

Enid wandered the rows for a few moments, overwhelmed and overjoyed by the number of texts awaiting her.

The room seemed to ooze comfort, a fireplace crackling in the sitting area on one end.

She quickly discovered the books were sorted alphabetically by subject and made her way to the subjects that had been bouncing around her mind.

An entire row of shelves greeted her.

Books on submission, dominance, BDSM, sadism.

Enid wasn't sure where to begin.

She pulled a few of the shorter texts off the shelf, hoping they would provide some more general information for her to start with.

Settling into one of the massive armchairs, she cracked open the first book.

For hours she read, periodically getting up to retrieve other books to dive into.

She often had to use the ladder to reach the books on the higher shelves.

Her notebook was open beside her, filled with scribbled notes on things she found interesting or wanted to ask about.

By dinner time, she had filled nearly twenty pages.

Dante laughed as he came to retrieve her, finding her lying on her stomach by the fireplace.

Her feet in the air and a pen gripped between her teeth as she read a book on fetishes.

Her curls had been thrown into a haphazard bun after they had fallen into her eyes one too many times.

"How is it going, little bird?" He asked as he squatted down beside her and looked through the pile of books she had accumulated.

Ever the eager student, she sat up with a sweet grin.

"I'm learning so much! And I have so many questions." She exclaimed, her hand reaching for her notebook.

"Well, we'd be happy to answer them for you over dinner. I'm sure you've worked up quite the appetite with all of this voracious research." Dante winked at her as he helped her up from her spot on the luxurious rug.

Enid giggled as he picked her up and began to carry her toward the kitchen, stopping every few feet to twirl her around.

"Good evening, pretty angel." Alexander smiled at her from the table, his laptop open in front of him as he typed away.

Dante set her down gently on one of the barstools.

Her feet swung back and forth as her legs were too short to reach.

"Hi, Alexander." She waved cutely as she blushed.

"Theodore should be here any minute." The blond man remarked, checking the time on his phone.

"He better. I'll kill him if he lets the food get cold. I don't slave away for nothing, you know." Dante said dramatically, holding his hand up to his forehead in mock exhaustion.

Enid laughed at his antics as Alexander shook his head in bemusement.

A moment later Theodore entered the room, exhaustion evident in his worn expression.

He dropped his briefcase on the table beside Alexander before his eyes rose to find her own.

Her mind flashed to this morning, looking up at him from her spot on her knees.

"Darling," he sighed in relief as he strode toward her, "I'm so sorry I had to leave you like that earlier today. There was an... emergency."

He stepped between her legs and pulled her tightly against him.

"It's okay." Her response muffled from his suit jacket.

He pressed a kiss to her forehead, a small smile gracing his face.

"How was the rest of your day?" His question causing her eyes to drift over to Dante.

He was pulling something that smelled heavenly out of the oven.

"Enid's been quite the disobedient girl. She and her class partner decided they're still going to research the boy's disappearance." Dante responded, his joyful aura diminishing.

"Hmm." Theodore hummed, looking down at her with an inquiring expression.

"I thought Dante said you shouldn't do that, darling." He quirked an eyebrow.

"Um, actually he said that another group was already doing the topic. But it turns out no one is, so we just thought..." Enid trailed off.

Theodore looked over to the man in question before turning back to her.

"That is true. So, I wouldn't say she necessarily was disobedient." Theodore said, his crystal eyes narrowing at the other man.

Dante sighed.

"I guess that's true." He grumbled, sneakily sticking his tongue out at her.

"We need to discuss some rules with you tonight, Enid. And what the rewards and punishments are for following said rules." He said, moving to help Dante bring the plates to the table.

Enid's mind darted to the book she had skimmed on rules in dominant/submissive relationships.

She felt so much better now that she had some understanding about all of this.

Alexander stood from the table and moved his laptop and the briefcase to a counter nearby.

His honey eyes warm as he walked toward her.

"I haven't had my hug yet today, angel." He grinned at her boyishly as he opened his arms wide.

Enid smiled widely as she hopped down from the stool and practically jumped into his arms.

He wrapped his arms snuggly around her and nestled his nose into her sweet-smelling hair.

"Alright, lovebirds. Dinner is served!" Dante said with a flourish.

Enid's mouth watered at the delicious foods scattered across the table.

She could certainly get used to having such an incredible chef cook for her.

His cooking was even better than Fiona's was, although she'd never tell her that.

She moaned at the incredible taste as she took her first bite.

All three of the men shifting as she did so.

"So, what questions do you have for us after all of your researching, little bird?" Dante asked from across the table.

Enid quickly darted to the counter to grab her notebook before returning to her seat at the table.

She flicked through the pages until she found the one with her questions.

"I've got a lot." She admitted, pausing to take another bite of her dinner.

"Well, we have lots of answers." Alexander's foot knocked against hers playfully.

Enid paused for a moment, trying to decide where to start.

She decided to start with the one that had been bothering her the most.

"What's up with the name daddy?"

❖     ❖     ❖

Comments fill my heart with joy.

All my love, Sappho ❖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.9K 35
I just wanted to have the best eighteenth birthday ever...I didn't know that I was gonna be going home with my new history teacher. StudentxTeacher...
320 0 20
A young girl falls in love with her teacher and her best friend. Follow along as rain struggles with the lust of a school faculty member and her own...
89.5K 4.6K 44
π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ύπ™ƒπ™€π™ 𝙭 π™Žπ™π™π˜Ώπ™€π™‰π™ π™π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ύπ™€ I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...
2.7K 40 12
A 20 year-old student finds herself entangled in a forbidden romance with her intriguing professor, navigating the complexities of desire, ethics, an...